Long Island University

Long Island University United States Employee Reviews

Productive fun workplace
Photography Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Brookville, NYApril 15, 2015
This job is very simple. A typical day you are selling paper, mixing photo chemicals and/ or troubleshooting the printers and computers.
Great temporary student job
Secretary (Former Employee), Brookville, NYApril 11, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: Low paying
I worked here while a student at Long Island University and grew to love it. I at first did not like being called a secretary, but found that I enjoyed doing the work of it. The management was great and very personable, but I found that I was not a fan of some of the other employees.
Director of Residential Wellness and Counseling
Director of Residential Counseling and Wellness (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 22, 2015
Oversee a counseling center, which operates 7 nights per week;
Supervise a group of 6 counselors, and an assistant director, for one hour per week; Train a staff of 6 counselors, and 30 resident assistants (RAs) to recognize red flags associated with depression/anxiety, suicide, substance abuse, domestic violence, and relationship issues; Spearhead 10+ programs over the course of one year; Met with students on an as-needed drop-in basis.
Fun to work with students on part time basis
Learning Assistant - Academic Resource Program (Former Employee), Brookville, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: first time working with adult population
Cons: no breaks, talking inbetween tutoring sessions. small space, to work where we had to share a table and desk.
A typical days work was to wait for students come in for tutoring session on time and begin task. I had to learn how to control the long talks before tutoring began. The co-workers were co-operative and assisted when I had questions regarding students learning. The hardest part was to communicate with senior staff. The most enjoyable part of this part time job during my graduate studies was enjoyable experience I gained.
Clinical experience only
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2015
This was a clinical experience as a first year student in physical therapy school. Good learning experience with variety of different patients in cardiac ICU.
Private college with big scores
Adjunct Faculty Member (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Quality college that has professors with real-life experience.
Summer Job
Testing Administrator & Social Network Coordinator (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 21, 2015
This was a summer job while I was in college. Had a great experience working here. The Bronx Zoo was a beautiful space to work.
Working in Health Science Industry intergrated with Athletic Training and Exercise Sciences
Executive Secretary (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: diversity, fast paced, versatile
Cons: job growth is limited
Great work enviroment
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: working with student athletes on and off the court
Game and practice preparation thru film study.
Checking players classes.
Attending Junior college and high school games in an effort to recruiter future student athletes to come to LIU.
Great institution to work for
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 22, 2014
Working with a great team of educators and advisors. The students are motivated and there is a great deal of support from faculty and administrators. Resources such as faculty lab for printing, emailing and creating coursework is available as well.
Great place
Physician Assistant Admissions Committee (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 18, 2014
Helping out where needed. And making phone calls, performing interviewing.
Educational and Fun
Peer Adviser (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 15, 2014
Pros: reasonable break time, one on one interaction with other students
Cons: yearly position
A typical day at work can range between sitting in a classroom and helping professor with the lesson they have planned or working in an office, filing, printing and if necessary shredding documents. The management team was absolutely amazing, extremely cooperative and a bit humorous. My co-workers were also fun to be around and we would sometimes hang out together after work. The hardest part of the job would be trying to encourage the freshman to be apart of a club or to partake in an activity. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing a freshman come out of their shell because of various skill we would discuss with them,
a nice office
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 7, 2014
nice workers, health work environment just a bit unorganized
Allows me to be flexible and adapt to changes quickly.
Special Project Assistant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 20, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: maximum per weekly hours
A typical day at work would include having one on one meetings with students for mentor ship, managing logistics for group travel and hotel stays, and planning and implementing health care related programs.
Excellent
Research Analyst, Office of Institutional Research (Current Employee), Brookville, NYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: lots of vacation days
Cons: lack professional development
Great place, excellent benefits, good people. Work schedule can be flexible depending on the department you are affiliated to. You get a good number of personal and sick days.
Good
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Brentwood, NYNovember 17, 2014
Good group of professionals and professors. Class flow is smooth, communication is clear and students are great. I would highly recommend this place for others to work.
LIU-Brooklyn
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), brooklynOctober 27, 2014
It's a okay work place. A great place to began entry level work. The pay rate here isn't great.
Welcome to Poverty
Associate Director (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: cheap gym membership
Cons: dirtiest bathrooms and lowest wages.
Unfortunately most of the faculty are very weak although there are a few talented ones.

Terribly low wages.
Review
Senior Resident Assistant (SRA) (Former Employee), Brookville, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: stability
Cons: non- office enviornment.
Fantastic University to attend and to work at. Many learned skills.
Good place to work at
Chemistry Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 23, 2014
Good place to work. Able to balance work and student life. Good place to work. Able to balance work and student life.

1 2 3 4 5