Long Island University Employee Reviews

Okay place to work if you mind your business
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 13, 2017
It's an okay place to work if you mind your business. Come to work, don't involve yourself in office gossip and/or campus gossip. Do you work efficiently and go home.
Pros
a lot of paid vacation plus holidays
Cons
Does not pay your maketvalue rate
Productive place to work with networking opportunity
Alumni Campaign Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 11, 2017
Unfortunately this job was eliminated from Long Island University. Management rocked although it was challenging to obtain pledges from alumni FUN
Pros
Networking opportunities
Cons
Temporary assignment
used to love this place
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 7, 2017
Overworked and underpaid
wonderful students
great faculty
I use to enjoy coming to work but everything has changed. They do not appreciate the clerical workers.
Productive and fun workplace. I met a lot of new people.
Corps Member (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 5, 2017
Jumpstart is an amazing organization. I worked with very young children in an educational setting. I love being a corps member. I participated in Center and Circle time. I completed 550 hours.
Enjoying working at Long Island University
Director- University Health & Medical Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 3, 2017
At Long Island University providing the best care for our students, Staff, Faculty and Community was our goal. We've served 95% Downtown Brooklyn Community.
A great place to work.
Campus Concierge (Former Employee) –  Brookville, NYJune 6, 2017
Working as a concierge at my school was a great experience. My supervisors were courteous and friendly. Overall I had a great time helping and serving others.
Fun and productive
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2017
I set up the workshops for the ENL developmental center. I create certifications for completed participants. I set up manuals to present to the DOE. I am in charge of making sure everything is operational and all trainers have the materials needed to present. I also handle all the emails to admins and participants.
a supportive work environment
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Brookville, NYJune 1, 2017
I found LIU to be a pleasant place to work. Supervisors were supportive and provided support to developing professionals, such as myself. In the counseling center I was able to work with a diverse client population.
Pros
a beautiful campus
Cons
no cons
Creative place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookville, NYMay 31, 2017
This was a job while attending school for my masters degree. It was a very creative place to work. I felt that i had lots of support from the staff in the department to grow as a new therapist.
Wonderful work experience: Great Summer part time job for a college student at LIU Post
Student, Liberal Arts and Sciences (Former Employee) –  Brookeville, NYMay 15, 2017
Wonderful place to work. The people are completely friendly and the work load is reasonable over the summer. It's a great place to start when looking for the right job because it presents a perfect example of running office errands and applying appointments for individuals involved in academic agenda. The faculty is very understanding and the hours are flexible. Everyday is different depending on the work load and even on the weather. The pay rate was consistent and one would be paid bi-weekly. This job would always have an upside to it and it was a pleasure working with intellectual and warming faculty.
Pros
Amazing service; Great salary
Cons
None.
Fast passed
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookville, NYMay 4, 2017
Very enjoyable. .. always something to do. Very big gala events. Quick passed long hours. Clean​ up is always a stressful part of the job. People are nice.
Pros
Free lunch
Stressful, Over Work, and low pay
Undergraduate and International Admissions (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 26, 2017
- They will hire you saying something, but when you get your contract is something else.
- Management don't communicate with each other. Therefor no one is in same page
-Employee moral is extremely low
- Very bad compensation
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Job advancement not available for current employees
Fun to work here
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 15, 2017
The department chair is a kind hearten person and a really beautiful soul. I love working her supervision and she has become a part of family. Words cannot express my review while I work here till present since it is one of the beautiful experience.
Graduate Assistant | Media Arts Exhibition Curator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 4, 2017
I learned great organizational skills in preparing various details for an event. I assisted with the preparations and logistics for running an event. I was able to manage a unified and productive staff.
Preceptor
Athletic trainer preceptor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 1, 2017
It's wonderful to engage with Athletic Training students. They bring challenges, perspective, and a helping hand the work environment.

The hardest part of the job is getting someone new on the same page if their personality is not necessarily the best fit.
Being alert to perform job duties
Public Safety Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 21, 2017
You must be alert everyday to perform your job duty. Long hours and sometimes double shifts are required. I was, and still able, to work with this inconsistency.
Pros
Advancement in rank
Cons
Unexpected double shifts
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Brookville, NYMarch 19, 2017
- Telephone operator
- Sorted mail
- Handled faxing, photocopying, filing and scanning

The job was flexible. I was able to get my assignments done or study when is was quiet in the office. The staff were friendly.
Pros
ablility to get work done
Cons
limited pay
Brooklyn location
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 9, 2017
Brooklyn campus is located downtown Brooklyn across from Junior's Original restaurant. This is a great location near shops and other eateries.

Great atmosphere, relax and friendly. Good place to work if you have kids.
Pros
Great loication
Cons
shortbreaks
Fun place to work and learn
Information Technology Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Fun place to work, the staff are understanding and full of energy .

There is always something new to learn and to innovate.
Like home
Executive Director of Enrollment Service (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 22, 2017
Loving and caring people. Everyone is helpful and knowledgeable. A cool University that has a lot of great potential. The University offers s plethora of degrees.