Long Island University Employee Reviews in United States

Great team environment
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 12, 2016
I learned how to become a very organized and complex multi-tasker in this role. The demands were very high and it pushed me to become a very organized and driven individual.
Pros
Team Culture
Great job for someone working as a college student
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Old Brookville, NYJuly 18, 2016
Flexible hours and great work place setting. Great job for working as a college student. Very easy and librarians are very kind.
Open environment and able to learn new things every day
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookville, NYJuly 13, 2016
Every day is a new day to learn anything new from dealing with any given incident, writing the documents required for any incident, or interactions with residents. Working with fellow resident assistants was great as everyone had a different personality, and there was a great blend of personalities for residents to get acquainted with. Working with professional staff members is simple, as there is a mutual trust system, so the more you were trusted the more you were able to do within the area, likewise, the less you were trusted, the less you would do. Everyone had an equal opportunity to do anything they wanted to do within the field. I enjoyed interacting with all the staff members and all the residents and getting to know them on a personal level, I like the respect and boundaries that were made as a resident assistant - anytime there was an issue, I'd just have to step out my door and look at the residents, and they would understand what to do. I didn't like at times how unorganized some events may be or how last minute things may occur, but it's part of the job, and it was a flexible schedule to do anything.
Pros
Free housing
Cons
Paid for meal plan
Best place to learn
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookville, NYJuly 11, 2016
Loved my experience at the Long Island University, POST. Nice staff, nice co-worker and learned a lot at that place. The hardest part was the commitment. My home was at 3 hours ride from the laboratory. But apart from church, the lab was my favorite place of all.
Great Environment
Trading Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  LIU Trading FloorJuly 7, 2016
I like working at LIU. The professors are helpful and the Trading floor is next to the Entrepreneur Center. The people provide insights to starting your own business.
Productive and fun workplace
Office of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 6, 2016
You are always learning but it is fun. A great way to gain work experience while making friends. I loves working here. The management truly cares and they work around your class schedule.
Fun workplace
Brooklyn Campus Recreation Staff (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 23, 2016
This was the high school i attended and ran track for, I volunteered to be a women's coach because during my tenure there wasn't one and i longed for one.
Pros
a peer coach help me understand the team better than the head coaches would
Internship
Social Work (MSW) Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 22, 2016
Was able to learn about the higher education institutions. Was able to learn the process of different departments that engages with both students and faculty.
awesome
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 16, 2016
i was working in a compounding lab which was fun by teaching students, by which i learnt leadership and teaching capability of mine
Productive workplace
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2016
Great opportunities for continuing education while working on the job with full reimbursement. Many training opportunities available for advancement.
Pros
great culture
Cons
student
Very cooperative with teamwork environment
Student Services Coordinator /ESL (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 18, 2016
fun, productive and ethical. I enjoy the collaborative teamwork and the nice coordination among the different departments. Assisting and helping people is so joyful and I can be multitasking in my department.
Productive, professional academic
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 4, 2016
They are very great and knowledgable staffs that willing to help students at any time they needed. Using new technologies to better take care of students and staffs.
Quick Paced Environment !
Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2016
An unexpected part of my life, that turned into a wonderful learning experience about the Mercedes-Benz brand.

My Co-Workers took my under their wings and taught me what it meant to be a part of the Mercedes-Benz family !
Great Learning Experience
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 5, 2016
I have been a member of the LIU community for over 8 years. Working with the students, Administration and other offices within the University has been a great pleasure.
Fun workplace
Spanish and Mandarin Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 24, 2016
I can help students solving and explaining the languageā€™s structure and grammar. I am a patience person in communicating and tutoring with all my students of all ages. I believe this hands-on experience coupled with my relevant formal education render me a highly viable candidate for the position.
Pros
More experience
Cons
N/A
Quiet yet very resourceful
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 18, 2016
I enjoyed working with the two individuals in this office. The H.E.O.P office is not only used for privileged students but for all on campus. This job was not easy at all with the amounts of paperwork that needed filing and or acceptance letters being alphabetized. I learned basic receptionist skills but also developed a sense of leadership once it became a routine.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Extended hours when others are unable to attent
It Was best work experience in Long Island University.
Assisting undergraduate Biology student (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 17, 2016
I would like to say that it was really good time when i was working in LIU. I was working as teacher assistance with two different professor. Both of them are really good and very helpful through out semester. I learned so many things with them.
Positive environment
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Brookville, NYDecember 13, 2015
It is a great environment to work in. All of the coaches are involved with not only their players but all of the other student athletes.
productive and fun workplace very busy and great people
staff writer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 3, 2015
Work is a fun and socialable place, everything is in order and runs on a timely fashion. I enjoy being around coworkers who all have the same goal in mind which is to get the job done.
Pros
located in a great area
Cons
no benifits
Great school
Black Student Union, Member (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 20, 2015
Long island university is a great school, the professors really care about teaching you and making sure you're learning the material

4.2