Long Island University

Long Island University Employee Reviews

Work duties
Coordinator of Tutoring and Liaison for C.L.A.S (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 11, 2015
Establish procedures and processes for tutoring programs; plan, organize textbooks and/or supplemental learning materials, and monitor the delivery of tutorial services to eligible students; and schedule students and tutors. Assist in promoting the maximum use of C.L.A.S by conducting classroom visits and open communication with faculty.
Its ok
Office Manager for Speech Language Hearing Clinic (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 8, 2015
I enjoy the relationships that you make with your peer co-workers but as far as upper management they are so high you cant even touch. The are being unreasonable as far as fair competitive pay for the industry someone is working it
Co-workers and students are amazing
Office Manager - O.T. Dept (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 22, 2015
Pros: hour lunch, two 15 minute breaks
Cons: new healthcare plans
I've been with the University for the past 7 year and I can honestly say that I've had a lot of great moments here. From handling student’s issues to assisting the Chairperson of the Department has only brought me joy to me. Typically I manage the work study and graduate assistant student in giving them daily task to handle whether it is data entry or assisting a professor with research. I also handle student records, Department budgets, maintain the office appearance, scheduling and booking classrooms and spaces for events, etc.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that our students are happy with all that we have to offer them
Excellent team oriented environment
Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 14, 2015
Pros: Free parking, Flexible work schedule
Cons: Difficult to get to from my home.
I have been at Long Island University for a little over 8 months. When I arrived, the two senior members of my team left LIU within 3 months. Therefore, I found myself the senior, and sole member of Transfer Admissions with only 3 months experience.

The managers at LIU really knew how to handle such a difficult situation and made what could have been a disastrous experience very rewarding. I am not micromanaged on a day-to-day basis and as long as the results are there, my immediate supervisor allows me to proceed accordingly.

Co-workers are all like-minded, well educated young adults like myself. The hardest part of the job that as of now I am currently running the Transfer team with the help of the Associate Dean only. In the past there were at least 3 other counselors working at one given time.
Professional, productive, and easygoing workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules
A typical day included creating and updating student files, and preparing for the upcoming semester. I learned to work with different personalities and people from different backgrounds in a professional work setting. My managers were easy to speak to and very understanding. The best part of this job was everything I have learned and the wonderful people I was able to work with.
Great entry level place to start
Office Manager/Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Greenvale, NYMay 11, 2015
Management was the best. The environment was creative and the faculty seemed pleasant. Students were always placed at great companies and seemed to enjoy their internships.
Accountant with payroll experience who is able to adapt to new systems and procedures. A team player who is able to problem solve accounting issues.
Payroll Assistant (Current Employee), Brookville, NYMay 1, 2015
Typical day at the office involves payroll processing of bi-weekly as well as monthly payrolls by inputting time cards into Peoplesoft system. updating w4s information, answering inquiries regarding paychecks, reviewing bi-weekly deductions, updating banking information, stopping and reissuing paychecks, reconciling payroll registers and year-end w2 processing. Keeping track of vacation and sick hours in excel. PeopleSoft project team
Productive fun workplace
Photography Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Brookville, NYApril 15, 2015
This job is very simple. A typical day you are selling paper, mixing photo chemicals and/ or troubleshooting the printers and computers.
Great temporary student job
Secretary (Former Employee), Brookville, NYApril 11, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: Low paying
I worked here while a student at Long Island University and grew to love it. I at first did not like being called a secretary, but found that I enjoyed doing the work of it. The management was great and very personable, but I found that I was not a fan of some of the other employees.
Director of Residential Wellness and Counseling
Director of Residential Counseling and Wellness (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 22, 2015
Oversee a counseling center, which operates 7 nights per week;
Supervise a group of 6 counselors, and an assistant director, for one hour per week; Train a staff of 6 counselors, and 30 resident assistants (RAs) to recognize red flags associated with depression/anxiety, suicide, substance abuse, domestic violence, and relationship issues; Spearhead 10+ programs over the course of one year; Met with students on an as-needed drop-in basis.
Fun to work with students on part time basis
Learning Assistant - Academic Resource Program (Former Employee), Brookville, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: first time working with adult population
Cons: no breaks, talking inbetween tutoring sessions. small space, to work where we had to share a table and desk.
A typical days work was to wait for students come in for tutoring session on time and begin task. I had to learn how to control the long talks before tutoring began. The co-workers were co-operative and assisted when I had questions regarding students learning. The hardest part was to communicate with senior staff. The most enjoyable part of this part time job during my graduate studies was enjoyable experience I gained.
Clinical experience only
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2015
This was a clinical experience as a first year student in physical therapy school. Good learning experience with variety of different patients in cardiac ICU.
Private college with big scores
Adjunct Faculty Member (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Quality college that has professors with real-life experience.
Summer Job
Testing Administrator & Social Network Coordinator (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 21, 2015
This was a summer job while I was in college. Had a great experience working here. The Bronx Zoo was a beautiful space to work.
Working in Health Science Industry intergrated with Athletic Training and Exercise Sciences
Executive Secretary (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: diversity, fast paced, versatile
Cons: job growth is limited
Great work enviroment
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: working with student athletes on and off the court
Game and practice preparation thru film study.
Checking players classes.
Attending Junior college and high school games in an effort to recruiter future student athletes to come to LIU.
Great institution to work for
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 22, 2014
Working with a great team of educators and advisors. The students are motivated and there is a great deal of support from faculty and administrators. Resources such as faculty lab for printing, emailing and creating coursework is available as well.
Great place
Physician Assistant Admissions Committee (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 18, 2014
Helping out where needed. And making phone calls, performing interviewing.
Educational and Fun
Peer Adviser (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 15, 2014
Pros: reasonable break time, one on one interaction with other students
Cons: yearly position
A typical day at work can range between sitting in a classroom and helping professor with the lesson they have planned or working in an office, filing, printing and if necessary shredding documents. The management team was absolutely amazing, extremely cooperative and a bit humorous. My co-workers were also fun to be around and we would sometimes hang out together after work. The hardest part of the job would be trying to encourage the freshman to be apart of a club or to partake in an activity. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing a freshman come out of their shell because of various skill we would discuss with them,
a nice office
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 7, 2014
nice workers, health work environment just a bit unorganized

1 2 3 4 5