Long John Silvers Employee Reviews

Cashier
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 26, 2017
I was a cashier and had a vary good time working there meat alot of different people and deal with mad and happy customers and know How to run a cashier job a even cooked for a little while
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXMay 24, 2017
I worked here for a Long time
enjoyed working with this crew for a long time as well as the owner. and i still dont want to be filling this out. I juts want to apply.
Poor place to work/was treated unfairly
Cook (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 23, 2017
My first day at Long John's I was accused of stealing money from the cash register even though I didn't, but was automatically blamed because I was new. From then on they forced me to work only in the hot kitchen at minimum wage.
Cons
Accused of something I did not do and punished
This is a great place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Ronceverte, WVMay 22, 2017
I will always love my job here and if I could go back I would I will always love this job. When I worked here I was pleased with everything others than some customers were rude and disrespectful but it happens at times.
Pros
Cons
There is no cons
Great People
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSMay 22, 2017
I had this job for a couple of years. I mostly ran the register and cleaned the lobby, but also did some cooking as well. Great job with great people.
Pros
Great people
great first job!!
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 19, 2017
the environment at the Midland location was just like a family and we all treated each other as such! Everyone knew what they needed to do and worked as a team to get things done.
Great for a first job, but think of it as short-term
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZ 85392May 18, 2017
In a typical day, I would take customers orders via D/T and Dine In; clean up after customers, cook food, clean dishes, etc. I did not feel welcome at the location I worked at. I was 16 when I started, and everyone else was 19+. The Management was very poor, and it seemed that no one really cared. After a year I decided to leave and find another job that appreciated my hard work. Luckily, after I left (possibly less than a year later) the location went out of business.
Pros
Flexible schedule, discounts
Cons
inexperienced managers, unmotivated individuals, poor structure
I a really good employee
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 16, 2017
I love my job but I love music and been social so I want aportunities to grown up and get more experience outside and outgoing I love people music and talking
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not beneficial or health
Decent paced work environment with friendly co-workers.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  5800 w Ridge RoadMay 15, 2017
I enjoy what i do and the people i work with there's just no advancement from shift manager and the pay is incredibly low. Other than that its a simple repetitive task job and everyone is cross trained so any employee will be able to complete most tasks asked of them.
Pros
Free meal, friendly customers, simple
Cons
They expect too much from regular emplyees, it causes them to not care as much, Also the pay is very low
Good environment
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at Long John Silvers. It was a very busy and fast paced environment. Always something to do. Kept busy, which I prefer. Coworkers friendly.
Friendly environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 14, 2017
Long John Silvers is a restaurant with a friendly environment. They will work around your schedule for school etc. This is a team based store where everyone will help you out to complete tasks. I enjoy that everyone is always willing to accommodate your needs. Training is also enjoyable as everyone will take the time to help you learn.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Standing on your feet for long periods of time
Plymouth LJS - Poor management, treats workers badly
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INMay 8, 2017
Current management at LJS in Plymouth, IN was not good. I worked while going to college and being a college athlete and they did not accommodate to my schedule. Managers would get mad if I had class or a game and couldn't work. Verbally abusive. Not a pleasant place to work.
I love working with the crew and management
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKMay 7, 2017
I love working with crew it was always fun. The GM was awesome but upper management didn't show any repeat to the GM or her crew members. Ad upper management was always in a bad-mood every-time they showed up yelling at employees in fronted of customer and talk down on the crew instead of being repeat full.
Pros
I got a lot of hours ad free lunch
Cons
Never able to move up or get a rise after 90days
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 5, 2017
several positions available crew members middle managers to supervisors and district persons morning day preparedness for whole day menu for those who like early mornings mid day shifts and closing shifts
cashier/cook
Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 4, 2017
My typical day at Long John Silver is very good loved working with customers and talking to them about very quick and fast..Working at the company was very awesome and great
Fun and family like atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMay 4, 2017
A great group of people. I enjoyed coming to work. My manager was a hardworking woman with a great sense of fun and humor. I am friends with her still.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 3, 2017
GREAT place to work cause u learn losts of different things there at the job that will help you along the way if you want to work somewhere else so us
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Breaks
My time working at Long John Silver's as a Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMay 3, 2017
Long John Silver's is a good job for High students starting out. They do not give many hours and the quality of the work is easy. As an assistant Manager I would open and close the store, restock, prepare meals, paperwork, make sure cashier were following all tasks given, and I would greet and help customers.
Pros
Easy, Relaxing, Meetting new people
Cons
Pay, No room for advancement, Benifits, hours
Fun people but, wasn't much room for growth and the pay wasn't worth it.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 1, 2017
I liked this job for some of the people I worked with and the flexible hours but, management was pretty bad. I did basically more than i should've because everyone would be talking so much.
Pros
People and hours
Cons
management
It's a good job to work at, but the pay is extremely horrible.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHApril 30, 2017
Pay needs to go up! We are a franchise so therefore we are not in titled to any raises. We may be a far food, but we do a lot at our job & were never recognized for it.
Pros
50% discount.
Cons
No raises, no healthcare, no promotions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Long John Silvers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7