Long John Silvers

Long John Silvers Employer Reviews

Overall good experience
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee), Ponca City, OKJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: not enough employes
I really liked my boss she was very kind and understanding. The pay was okay and people were nice. I gained experience on the cash register and in food prep. I had the hours I asked for with my busy schedule. The food was great and the custard. I worked making the ice cream and other deserts.
worked there for 23 years
General Manager (Current Employee), RockfordJanuary 21, 2015
As a General manager I had no benefits...Had to find a job with benefits, as this one didn't have any.
Great during Lent season
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hammond, INJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: discount food
Cons: short to no breaks, poor hours
After Lent, you might as well find somewhere else to work. The hours get cut down so much that unless you live right around the corner, it's not worth it in gas to go to work. You also have to fight to get breaks depending on the manager on duty.
fun
cook/cleaner (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2015
learned how to cook when I was aloud to cook. fun work environment.
New Store
Management / Team Trainer (Former Employee), New Braunfels and Converse TXJanuary 7, 2015
I transferred from New Braunfels store to the Converse store with the general manager to help fix the Converse store and we did making things flow better look better and manage better and the sales were going up and doing great for the most part. Very proud of myself to be able to accomplish something like that.
N/A
Store Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2015
I love working but i needed to better myself and also in my career.
Had inside "clicks"
Cashier (Former Employee), West VirginiaJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good starter job
Cons: no health care or paid sick leaves.
Over all a good place to have as a starter job. Would not be a recommended job for further employment. They were open about favorites over other employees. Were not flexible with hours vs work or schooling. Did not give you the hours of work promised at beginning of hiring. Barely ever had the right amount of employees needed for busy weekends or the busiest of work days. One or two people at a time would be singled out to carry out all the work. While others just laid or hung around.
Was a fun productive work enviroment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: uniforms provided
A typical day at Long John Silvers is that you arrive on time for your scheduled shift dressed in uniform attire. After clocking in you where expected to go to work station weather it was as a cashier or cook an begin work duties of assisting an preparing food for customers of Long John Silvers. After shift was completed you then left your station in a organized an clean state while you clocked out in a timely manor.

While working at Long John Silvers I learned great customer service skills an good housekeeping skills.

The management at Long John Silvers was professional an productive.

The hardest part about working at Long John Silvers was trying to keep up with multiple orders for customers without mixing them up or delivering them incorrectly.

The most enjoyable part about working for Long John Silvers is seeing the satisfied looks on customers faces.
Fun place to work, great employees.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Peoria, AZJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: good work schedule and great people.
Cons: it's fast food
Fast paced, time goes by very quickly. Learned many positions and was able to move up in the company. Employees were like family, spent ten years there just because of the great people.
Great place to work, other employees were amazing to work with.
Cashier (Former Employee), Pekin, ILDecember 30, 2014
A typical day at work would be having a great time with the costumers and co-workers and also being very productive. I learned that no matter what you need to do you always have to work as a team. The hardest part of my job would be to see a costumer unhappy, I always try to get everyone to smile.
Loved working with the public
Manager of Operations (Former Employee), Des Moines, IADecember 28, 2014
Pros: great people
I loved this job, I was able to hire a great staff and they made my job easier. I miss working with the public and general manager daily tasks.
MEH
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VADecember 27, 2014
Pros: nice customers, friendly staff
Cons: bad owner, bad hours, pay late
Long John Silvers was the worst job I've ever had, the owner didn't pay his bills and the paycheck were late numerous times.
Long John Silver's workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Manchester, KYDecember 26, 2014
Pros: wonderful customers, outstanding workers
Cons: short breaks, rude team leaders, not enough hours
A typical day at work is usually one that's on going, at times it will be busy then at times it will be dead. I loved working with all of my co-workers no matter how rude some may have been. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public. I love assisting them with whatever they may need, and seeing them happy.
ping pong
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 25, 2014
Pros: luch
Cons: wages
some days was slow some was busy management was made up of family hardest part of my job nothing
I enjoyed the crew but the management was poor.
CASHIER (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 24, 2014
The work was tough and there was little room for advancement. I was under-paid with the same wage for over a year.
It was an okay job.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Danville, KYDecember 22, 2014
Pros: 30 minute breaks
Cons: not enough hours, sometimes wouldnt work around schedule
A typical work day could vary from fast paced to slow. The management was a little strict, but only a few managers were. Coworkers were friendly, while others kept to themselves or liked to start trouble. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with friends.
upper managment was terrible
General Manager (Former Employee), Evansville, INDecember 18, 2014
the company needs someone to come in one store at a time and just watch , maybe like a secret shopper .Because nothing is being done about the cleanliness and food .i have had paople tell me they get sick at the stomache after eating at one ,anyone.
Was okay for a first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
When I started working here, I was going to high school so a part-time job was a dream come true. After high school, I needed something that would pay more than the minimum wage at the time. I had to drive to college almost every day and my checks barely covered the gas expenses.
A peculiar working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chesterfield, VADecember 15, 2014
Pros: good food
Cons: uncontrolled work environment
Fast food exp.for 2 years including here. a lot of kids so it was hard to work. Manager typically hired teenagers who didnt really want to work. plus young adults who didnt feel they had to work. wasnt happy there.
Productive and pretty fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Chesterton, INDecember 12, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
A typical day at work is using from 5 p.m to close and I just take orders, clean up tables and sweep the floors. Keep my part clean, help other employees with their job for the day or night.What I've learned at Long John Silvers is patients, and better communication skills I suppose. The management keeps me where I need to be, approaches me when I've done something wrong or even really good. They're fun to be around, but still keeps everyone in line. My co-workers all helped me very well while I was in training. They're all very hard workers, and very nice. Hard work isn't a word for me, I just learn what I got to do, then do it. Then pretty much is becomes easy to me, and just par of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job would probably be when we are busy, because we're pretty slow most the time, and when it gets busy it's something to do with my time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Long John Silvers

Avast ye and prepare to board the largest quick-service seafood restaurant chain on the US mainland. Taking its name from a character – Read more