Long Term Care Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ltcg
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNDecember 13, 2017
Absolutely Terrible. They need d & I training at all levels. I would not recommend this company to anyone. There is no room for advancement and there is an invisible hierarchy of worth and value.
Finance Department is Great
Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 22, 2017
Most employees in the Finance Dept. (Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll) have worked there for 5-15 years. Turnover is low because it's a great team who knows how to work hard and still have fun. I would highly recommend working in any position in this department.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Communication gap between senior management and the rest of the company.
poor management, poor treatment of employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNOctober 15, 2017
Management does not treat employees well and does not provide adequate information to do the job and then berates employees for not doing the best they can with little information. You can't take a doctor's appointment without having requested and approved far in advance. Penalized for a 3 min. bathroom break. Breaks are not scheduled in an even way eg. you can be scheduled for a break with in the hour that you start or leave - making a big gap in your schedule ( sometimes overtime hours) before getting a break - and then if you need to go to the bathroom, management talks to you and shames you for it. Frequent computer problems and employees are blamed for them. Not adequate time to follow up with customers. Management spends a lot of time hanging out and talking with friends and is bothered by an employees sincere inquiry for assistance. Management openly 'trash talks' employees. The turnover is high.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
demeaning, unsupported environment
Not ideal
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 27, 2017
The company is currently in the process of ending co tracts in 2018. We may not have a job after November 2018. The hours are great but the pay for someone with a degree is less than those with experience. The only perks are working home and hours
Pros
Decent insurance, working at home (depending on the boss) flexible times to work
Cons
Pay is terrible, the office is cold and feels isolated and old, some managers are way more flexible with working home than others
Nice company to work for
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 22, 2017
Flexible, able to remotely work from home, benefits are great, people are great as well. Just wish communication was a bit better between management and employees
Flexible Hours
Care Manager A-Nurse Telephonic (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 28, 2017
Working from home is the key with LTCG with a lot of the positions. IT support is a great asset when you work from home. LTCG is great when communicating with their employees and remote employee training is convenient.
Bottom line over personnel any day
Senior Systems Engineer / Infrastructure Architect (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 28, 2017
If you love being outsourced, this is the right place for you. The company is basically a flipping business. The goal is to buy, fix up, cut cost even if it means laying everyone off, then flip.
This was a great workplace, friendly people, very nice break room.
Day Shift RN (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJune 7, 2017
When I got to work at 8:00 I was given a list of potential clients to call and set up interviews for Long Term Care Insurance. I did the interviews, had specific questions to ask clients for various kinds of Long Term Care Insurance. Most questions were health related. I enjoyed doing the interviews with people all over the US and Canada. I also did interviews with interpreters, for Mandarin speaking clients. I found these interviews to be a challenge. I enjoyed the interaction on the telephone.
Pros
Also got some training in Billing.
Cons
My job ended because the interviews went to Nations Care Link.
Productive work environment
Assessment Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNApril 4, 2017
Great place to work keeps you productive throughout the day, great learning experience about Long Term Care Insurance. You get to talk to different people all over the US
Heavy Focus on Production but not much concern for employees welfare
Long Term Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 30, 2017
My experience over the past 17 years provided added knowledge in the long tern care industry and afforded career advancement opportunities. A 'true' team culture existed with the individuals I worked with over the years. However, enviornment does not afford a worklife balance.

Want to know more about Long Term Care Group, Inc.?

Ask a question
Not a good work environment
Call Center Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 4, 2017
There's a list of examples I could explain, however, I'll just give one. In this company they had "rotating seats" every week or whenever management felt the need to (which served 0 purpose in all employees eyes) would move your items without your approval and sometimes didn't know where they put them.
High focus on metrics, inflexible, low pay for job that requires high concentration
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 16, 2016
LTCG has an extremely high focus on metrics, so much so that I believe it can/does/will have a negative affect on customer experience. You can work constantly and still receive less that complimentary feedback because you are not doing your job fast enough. What ever happened to communicating with customers in a friendly and respective way? Not with third party administrators, who likely bid in competition to perform the work for less.

Need flexibility? You'll hear that in the initial interviews for the job and that's the last you'll hear of it. Mandatory overtime not unusual.

Supervisors can communicate in a scolding manner and some do not respond to all communications from you unless it suits them.

There are some very nice supervisors and colleagues that work here but I can't help but think they are actively searching for something with more attention to a good customer experience, less obsession with metrics and more flexibility.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Metrics obsessed, inflexible, low pay
Personal Tax Documents go into a Third Party online database forever!
Independant Contractor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 29, 2016
LTCG uses a Third Party (RightSignature) for all their document files on independent contractors, which includes tax information with your SSN. The personal sensitive tax information is then housed on the Third Party website FOREVER! Your information will never be taken down from the website due to a loophole in the law. What this third party website is doing with your information is anyone's guess? When I talked to several personal officials at LTCG they said that its nothing they can do about it. When I brought my concerns to the third party online website, they said its the law that they keep your information in their databases for eternity.
Cons
They did not inform me that a third party will house my tax information forever
Pretty terrible place.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 17, 2016
I worked at this company for a period of time, being the face of their business. During that time, I was subjected to numerous things, such as poor management, poor time management and then working on multiple clients to cover the poor management to try to ensure we could meet the clients contracted requirements.

They "staff for wednesdays" which basically means, they're constantly understaffed with no intention to meet the call volumes on Mondays and Fridays, which is fairly high. By fairly, I mean 70 to 100 calls, depending on length of the calls.

Finally, the poor management I referred to, aside from what's already listed. Most of the managers on the call floor in Carmel have little to no experience actually managing others. Their turn-over rate, due to what I feel is directly related to inept management, is very high and they've recently began hiring only temps.

All in all, if you can tolerate all of the above, or just need a quick buck, go for it. But don't expect a career here.
Pros
Some days theres lots of down time, so you get paid to do very litte.
Cons
Poor management, very little chance of promotion from within. Inflexible hours, shifting schedules with no notice, A lack of understanding on a management level
Production driven with no work life balance
care coordinator (Former Employee) –  tennesseeJune 14, 2015
there are not enough words to describe the unnecessary headache and stress that you will be put through working here. The company is so focused on metrics to please either themselves or the clients that they totally forget about the small workers on the platform. They constantly ask for feedback suggestions and improvements on what will make the workplace better and it takes them forever to implement or provide us with the necessary tools that is needed and required to help do our job effectively. they do not care if their employees are stressed or working long hours just so they can meet their production. you are not allowed time off without a valid reason. I went for over 8 months before my vacation time was granted and I even told my supervisor how stressed and upset and overworked I am and still I wasn't granted vacation time until a month later. you have supervisors that tell other employees business to other employees out in the open. and you have co workers who were just not supportive of anything that you do to try t o make the environment fun and boost morale. everyday there is an issue with the three types of systems that we use or someone in IT delete the link which affects the job that we do for a couple of days. management and executive team are fully aware of this issue as soon as this has been ongoing for several years. something as simple as changing the systems are doing enhancements where there are not as many crashes would actually help. also there is no set process structure on how to do your job effectively so when you get monitored by a quality assurance  more... specialist and you were trade otherwise to do your job there's always this dispute, someone always feel that you should do your job this way because of their feelings and they tell you that this is expected of LTCG. that is unacceptable if you're going to run a business running right have things in place invest in adequate training and be really supportive of your employees and be aware of their development process no matter if they go into a different field or they want to stay at this company and retire. I'm not sure who's giving this company high stars but even the supervisors and managers have to go out for drinks because of the stress. Choose to work here at your own risk.  less
Pros
telecommute job
Cons
stressful job...poor raises, lack of opportunities
Atmosphre, the people
Customer Service & Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNMarch 16, 2015
• Served as initial point of contact for Long Term Care Group and answered and responded to telephone and electronic inquiries regarding Long Term Care benefits
• Verified all received medical records through Verisk Health System, and accurately documented all customer claims and communication
• Routinely updated customer demographics and edited any address and/or telephone changes
Pros
People, Lunch, fast pace & the training
great company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNNovember 13, 2014
LTCG is a full service TPA for Long Term Care Insurance. The company has high expectations and like any other pushed to challenge employees to produce at a high level. As part of the management team I was involved in short/long term planning, budgeting, communicating & driving the company plan along with all other aspects of management.
I sincerely enjoyed working with my employees, peers & management at LTCG. We worked hard to foster a true team atmosphere between departments.
Pros
Opportunity for strong performers, small company feel, management cares about employees
Cons
training program
Project: ABI (Active Billing Instrument) This is a configurable Telecom Billing system which launches a new billing platform where the Telco can sele
Sr. Database Architect (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 25, 2014
• Define the scope of development and use cases
• Write Requirement Specification and technical text specs
• Define the database structure and database deployment policies
• Data Modeling and design
• PL/SQL , design and write up of High level, Low level design documents
Pros
Oracle 11GR1, SQL*Plus, Pl/sql, SQL Developer, J2EE. MySQl, Hsql, Berkeley Oracle Database
Working from home
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 22, 2014
This job has many pros and cons to it. I like the fact that I get paid well and receive benefits. I got to work from home and move to an amazing part of the country. The thing is its very production driven and the working from home kind of bites me in the butt because it seems like work is never over
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very production driven
Overworked - expect OT
Underwriting (Former Employee) –  MNJuly 20, 2014
The best co-workers, got along with everyone.
Hardest part of job is provide very little training when they add on new department on to your already FT job. Expected to work like Robots. No praise for any extra work you do or when you go over and above.
Pros
Cons
Allowed no time for breaks to be involved with fund raisers or any internal development

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Long Term Care Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9