Long View Systems Employee Reviews

lunches every wed with staff to keep the moral high
Field Sr. Desktop & Network Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2017
During the morning prioritize all tickets from date before and the ones we are receiving today. Prioritize I mean board of directors calls, VIP call managements call and the regular calls.

During the afternoon assessed all we have accomplished during the morning and proceed to finalized as many tickets I have left hoping I will have none calls when day is over.
Pros
Excellent customer skills services
Cons
I get fustrated some timers with my team when things won't get done.
Family and Career Oriented compnay
Systems Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2017
I've been with Long View Systems for over 3 years and they have been, by far, one of the best employers I've ever worked for. Not only do they help their employees career wise, they also are a company that embraces family values.
It's ok
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2017
It's ok, not great. Stressful keeping up with the bureaucracy and work load. The other technical workers are great, but the business focuses too much time on bureaucratic tasks that add little value.
It
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kermit, TXFebruary 17, 2017
Im a very hard worker and i enjoy doing it support and networking and be a team player working on the win 10 migration and doing break fix support and helping with networking issue.
Fun Work environment
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 29, 2016
Fun work environment.Not just another numbered employee. Hard time with training as you are left to fend for yourself. All in all a good place to work.
Pros
Lunch every other Tuesday. Management you can talk to. 3 Weeks vacation
Cons
Training, Work load, Parking
Long View has been good to me
Enterprise Site Manager / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 7, 2016
Long View has been good to me, however my assignment has not provided opportunities for advancement or variety for my career growth. The company culture has changed in the time I have been with Long View. They have lost some of the employee centered view that they once has as the economy and competition has changed.
Pros
Flexible working hours, some fun events
Cons
limited opportunity for advancement
Okay place to work to get your foot in the IT world
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2016
Long View gives people a chance when they don't necessarily have the experience needed. They tend to look for personality more than experience. Pay is low for the market.
Lack of Branch Leadership
Director, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 3, 2015
Lack of overall Branch leadership as well as Sales Leadership.
Lack of corporate direction to branch offices in the US.
Attempt to run business in same manner as in Canada has proved time and again over last seven years that this method does not work.
Maybe it's just the department I was in?
Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  DenverSeptember 3, 2015
I made a few good friends here. And maybe it was the department I was in, but my leadership was sub-par. Although ever since I left, I'm told that the department leadership that I had has been significantly shifted around. The worst ones are gone. I don't know if their replacements are good or bad.

I'm told that other areas of the company are awesome to work for. And during lunch breaks everyone is pretty friendly. I would be lying if I said I hated it. It was a good stepping stone but since most of the folks there are younger, don't count on much advancement for a long long time. The management is pretty entrenched in their positions, so unless someone quits or gets terminated, or another huge expansion happens, don't count on moving a lot.
Pros
Maturing business with more streamlined processes
Cons
Mid-level management has an over-reliance on metrics instead of knowing one's team.
Great Culture
Oil & Gas Practice Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2015
The management team and my co-workers were a positive incentive for driving to downtown Houston every day! The leadership was influential and focused on the right goals for the clients and the LVS employees.
Occupational Summary
IT Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 29, 2015
Typical work day: Set project plan and schedule
What I learned: Better time management
Management: Work to perform new team environments
Co-Workers: team building is critical
Hardest Part Of Job: work on speed
Most Enjoyable Part of Job: Learning new tools to make job more fun and enjoyable
Pros
Travel
Cons
On the spot client managment
Great place to learn
System Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 19, 2015
I started very green and now have learned a lot about a ton of different technologies and network architectures. I love most of my co-workers, but most of my management leaves me wanting more. Some managers make horrible decisions.
Pros
Culture, Ability to learn
Cons
compensation, poor leadership, poor management
An entrepreneurial environment.
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 22, 2015
Long View is an entrepreneurial environment where you can shape your career.
Overall, Long View is a good environment and a friendly culture.
Pros
Fast paced environment; good culture
Great Pay and benefits, industry leading clients.
Installs, Daily and Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, tXJanuary 17, 2015
The techs at this company take 40 to 60 calls a day so it's very high volume. I didn't learn a lot here other than great time and call management. Standard PC issues and they have different clients they support. Great people to work with. Once you learn the metrics and what's most important to your individual manager, you're good to go.
On the surface a good company...
Enterprise Architect & Services Deliver Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 7, 2014
Under the covers it needs a lot of work. Old boys club runs the show, business is focused on low margin high volume products. Promises of career advancement are never delivered upon. Lowest paying to the workers who carry the company.
work
System Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 7, 2014
There were no opportunities for growth in Fort Worth, TX. They cared for their employees.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no future growth
Long View Systems is an awesome IT consulting firm
LEAD SYSTEMS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Parachute, COOctober 10, 2013
Long View Systems employs some of the most gifted IT personnel in the country. From Help Desk to Cloud, they have all the potential bases covered. It was a pleasure working for them. I look forward to a continued relationship with the people there.
Pros
A serious commitment to career/life balance and training
Cons
They don't have consulting arrangements with any businesses where I currently have to reside.
Great place that really cares about it's people
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 30, 2013
Long View Systems focuses on it's people. The CEO had a vision of creating a company that would provide career advancement without eliminating an employee's home life and he achieved it. The people that are recruited have a special type of connection to one another because everyone gets along well. The culture is thick with the established core pillars of integrity, competence, value and fun. This is hands down the best place that I have worked for!
Pros
Free lunches, career advancement, cutting edge technology, training, people
Cons
Compensation packages can be lower than industry average
Excellant Employer
SMS/SCCM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2013
Regular and flexible hours, challenging work, regular employee events; a fun company to work for.
Houston branch was once a great place to work.
Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasApril 3, 2013
The Houston branch was a great place to work at, until they replaced him with a new branch manager. Executive management really needs to re-evaluate their decision on this branch manager.

Practice managers (CSM) need to attend management courses on how to treat their employees and how to be better managers.

Accounts managers need to take the time to learn the products they are selling and make sure they have the staff to support the technologies.

Career life program (CLP) is pretty much a waste of time as they don't move you up until they have a need or a client requirement. Raises are very seldom and if they are they are not that great.
Pros
free lunches and decent pay.
Cons
middle management and career life program