Longhorn Steakhouse

Longhorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Longhorn
Waitress (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 29, 2015
The staff and management team are very friendly. Longhorn has a positive atmosphere for guests and employees. The food is great and of good quality. We never quit until the guest smiles.
restaurant life is stressful
Server (Current Employee), hagerstown, mdMay 23, 2015
working in the high paced restaurant business can be very stressful at times. you have to be able to manage your time and emotions at a high and fast level
Productive workplace
Waiter, Fry Cook, and Dishwasher (Former Employee), Springfield, COMay 20, 2015
Pros: Free meal at work
Cons: No opportunity for advancement
We were fairly busy each day, considering the fact that it was in a small town. From my experience I've learned to think on my feet and solve problems quickly. My manager was fair and able to work with everyone's schedules. My co-workers were always in a good mood and I enjoyed working there.
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Busy!
Working at Longhorn was a great experience. I initially got the job to make extra money being a server and came out of it making amazing friends. The mangers were great and flexible if you were in school, college, a parent, etc.
Longhorn has a lot of good earning potential.
waiter (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2015
The food was great. The management was good. If working a consistent schedule, the earnings were good as well. This was a job that pushed me into sales and customer service.
Creating a great guest experience through food and service
Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 14, 2015
Pros: networking
Cons: getting yelled at on a daily basis
Responsible for leading Longhorn Steakhouse restaurant operations through keys roles by controlling labor, scheduling, purchasing, quality and inventory and implemented safety standards within the restaurant and providing a great experience for guests.
GREAT ENVIROMENT!!!!
SERVER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 12, 2015
Great place of employment. All though the employees and management are messy and drama filled. I would definitely recommend now simply because of the shift in management.
Fast paced atmosphere
Server, bartender, and Key Employee (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules
Cons: Living off of tips
My years at Longhorn Steakhouse have been extremely rewarding. I have learned so many things along the way. Communication skills, money handling, and managerial responsibilities have shaped me into a great leader.
Stressful
Service Manager (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free food, bonuses
Cons: Long hours, not good work/life balance, no structure
My position is very stressful and filled with daily task that include trying to fix problems of guests. I love working with people, however I would like to do it in a different capacity other than the restaurant business.
bad place
Hostess (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 7, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: management
I loved my job at first and then management began to have their faves. It was very unprofessional especially when you let your workers see it. Money was OK at times it just depends on the days of the week to work and the shifts. When i had got a second job because of the times they were scheduling me because i was 8 to 15 dollars a day. they tried to give me better hours but i had already told the other job my schedule. horrible place to work in Columbus GA on whittlesley. i hated it there and when i first tried to quit they told me no, and i was the big boss fave. they hated that. and the things that go on in that restaurant is very unfair. But in all i miss my coworkers and the 50% of discounts off food. not a good place at all again.
Good balance, posibility for advancement
Regional Culinary Captain (Former Employee), Missouri, Texas, Louisiana, IllinoisMay 6, 2015
Pros: Pay, time at home, food :-)
Cons: None come to mind at the moment
Great place to work. Good pay and a nice balance enables you to spend some time at home with the family. Upon leaving this company I instantly wished that I hadn't and wanted to go back immediately.
Decent job
Server Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 6, 2015
Pros: Free side dishes, discounts on everything else, daily pay
Cons: Low-ish pay, long hours
On an average day you clean tables, seat guests. Very fast paced or very slow depending on day of the week.

Management is great and very reasonable.

Hardest part of the job is the customers who can be very stressful to work with sometimes. Most enjoyable part of the job is going home with cash.
Interesting work place
Server (Former Employee), Florence, ALMay 5, 2015
Pros: Works well with school schedule
Cons: No breaks available
Interesting work place with many different types of people. Long work days and hard work. Must be able to deal with difficult guests.
Not my best
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Winter Garden, FLMay 5, 2015
It was a restaurant I worked at because it was required-frankly, distaste for the work meant I only kept the job so long as it paid enough for rent and utilities-it was never more than a paycheck to me, and once that paycheck couldn't meet my needs, it was done.
Excellent close-knit work environment with a focus on guest experience
Manager (Current Employee), AlabamaMay 4, 2015
Longhorn is a great place to work because the company takes great care of their employees with great benefits and always allowing feedback from all positions in order to be successful.
Fun and Fast Paced work environment.
Dishwasher/Food Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee), Salina, KSMay 3, 2015
Pros: Half Price lunch, Free Appetizers, Friendly staff, reasonable hours.
Cons: Needed more hours.
Longhorn has to be one of the best employers I have worked for. The manager is straight forward with things that need to be done, but yet is very professional, and generous at the same time. The staff is full of smiles and humble people. The work may be a tad bit harder than other jobs because of the pace, but I only grew to like it because of the environment. Never once dreaded the fact of going to work. If I had an opportunity to work there again, I'd take it in a heart beat.
Excellent place to work.
Server (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 29, 2015
Greet customers as they arrive, arrange for appropriate seating arrangements and take orders.Has a server I'm cordial, pleasant and welcoming.Another major part of my duties to handle table bookings. They mark booked tables and direct or escort customers to them. Restaurant servers also suggest menu items that they feel customers will like along with ensuring that the customers know of daily specials.

Providing customer services in the food service industry is not the easiest of jobs.
I Worked There For Almost Two Years
Opening Line Cook Certifered Trainer (Former Employee), Concord,NCApril 27, 2015
I Opened The Line Six days A Week I Made Sure That The Line Was Stocked and Ready For Service Buy Opening time.I Ran The Line By Myself Thru Down Times Untill Night Cooks Came In.Made Sure That The Line Was stocked For The Night Crew..
Excellent Company to work for!
Server (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXApril 26, 2015
I have only praise for Darden Group. Great company philosophy! Employees are given tremendous support in providing an exceptional guest experience.
fast paced environment
Line cook (Current Employee), FrederickApril 21, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: late night hours
I show up and make sure I have all the supplies needed for my shift. Most nights are very busy but I have great co-workers that help ease the stress

1 2 3 4 5

About Longhorn Steakhouse

Steaks, seafood, ribs, chops, salads and more, prepared with quality ingredients and great hospitality in a warm and inviting – Read more

Longhorn Steakhouse Salaries