Longhorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Found 1,193 reviews matching the search
Serving is great--not easiest serving job.
Server (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 16, 2017
Longhorn is a difficult serving job with a difficult clientele-everybody is picky and wants their bread and salad in a timely manner. There is a lot of sidework too. However, the corporate structure allows you to comp a lot of food for your tables and to not get taken advantage of at work.
Productive and fun work place
Server Assistant & Hostess (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALAugust 16, 2017
I loved Longhorn. Its a fast paced environment but the job is easy. I cleaned tables and escorted customers to their tables. The breaks are reasonable. The staff is nice and amaing
Flexibility, Always there to back you up
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLAugust 15, 2017
I have nothing but good things to say about working at Longhorn. Encouraging and understanding management, fun atmosphere even in the craziest times. I'll miss it.
Pros
Amazing management
Cons
Horrible clientele
I am productive all the time..
Cocinero de Preparacíon/Linea (Current Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRAugust 15, 2017
I am a prep cook at Longhorn Steakhouse. The first thing In the morning , l do set up all the area in the kitchen. After that count all the item that was used the night before., then l start prepping what I need for that day, enjoy but low pay.
Pros
independent
Cons
N/a
fun place to work if customers came in
Server (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNAugust 15, 2017
had a lot of fun but not a lot of people would come in or tip very well so it could be frustrating at times but it all goes with the territory. i call it playing the lottery
Really good at allowing you to have a life and earn a living.
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 14, 2017
It is very easy to get time off approved and be able to do things you love as well as earn a living. Flexible with scheduling and always have extra shifts available if wanted.
Great place
Server/Bartender/Trainer/Manager (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 14, 2017
Great environment and people! I have worked at longhorn steakhouse for three plus years and it has been a great learning experience. Managers are great and willing to work with your schedule.
Productive and fast past work place
Cook/Utility (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 13, 2017
Make salads and prep for next day meals. Help set up line and prepare all side items for customers. Work fryer station.( break apart, clean, prepare new grease, put fryer back together) Santize my work area daily. Sweep scrub and mop floors.
Fun and fast paced environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 13, 2017
Great co-workers awesome policies and procedures a great company to work for plenty of benefits and perks. Most of management A1 especially upper level.
Pros
Free meals competitive pay fun environment great people
Cons
No breaks fight for hours management need upgrade
Great Place to Make Money
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 13, 2017
Very Poor Management, No Hiring, No Firing.

Does not hire new team, Terrible Culture in Kitchen. A lot of Complaining.

Great Place to Make money, right by Woodfield Mall
Pros
Great Money
Cons
Terrible Management, Poor Scheduling or request off

Want to know more about Longhorn Steakhouse?

Ask a question
fun atmosphere, good money
server (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 12, 2017
I have worked in restaurants since I was 16. Longhorn ranks at the top. Its a well run company, but not so rigid that employees can't have fun at work.
Pros
flexible, good money
Cons
can be stressful
Unorganized
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2017
My overall working experience at Longhorn Steakhouse could be described as very hectic. I did love everyone I worked with; however, my managers were judgmental, unorganized and lazy. Many times I would get scheduled during school and not being able to make it to work I'd be penalized and not receive as many hours the following week. Working dinner shifts during the evening it got extremely busy, management would be so overwhelmed and unorganized that it would start effecting the whole restaurant. The attitudes, the atmosphere. It became a very negative environment and I knew it'd be best for me if I was in a better work environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Negative atmosphere, unorganized management
Quickpaced
Server (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 9, 2017
A great paycheck if you are favored. Fun environment to work in and the benefits are great. Management doesn't seem to care a whole lot about staff. Although, the hardest part of the job is dealing with rude people which, you find anywhere.
Amazing staff and decent customers.
Customer service, escorting customers (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCAugust 9, 2017
Good job with decent hours and okay wages. The customers are very specific and demanding about what they want, or need. Staff is fun and enjoying, but over staffing is an issue.
Pros
Friendly staff.
Cons
Customers with low tip percentages.
Longhorns is a nice place to work with a nice culture, friendly people and helping managers!
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLAugust 9, 2017
I like working at longhorns, I enjoy the environment. People are helpful and not disrespectful! The food Taste great! I would love to keep working more hours for them, but I'm also looking for a more clean environment!
Pros
I had a meal a day
Longhorn
Certified Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 9, 2017
Longhorn Steakhouse is a great place to make money serving tables! It's a great atmosphere and high volume restaurant, most servers make really good money. Management can be strict but they're all really nice.
Pros
Easy flexible schedule, easy to request off, discount on food
Cons
Working weekends and holidays
Restaurant could be run more efficiently
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 9, 2017
Management needs improvement. Favoritism has to be stopped. Have to come in for ur shift even if ur sick it unless ur shift is covered. Too much personal business discussed between emploees. Too much llaziness from empliyees. Pawing off work on other employees.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Low hourly pay rate, No vacation or holiday pay
fast paced fun environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 7, 2017
Maximizes guest experiences by providing individualized attention, quality customer service, and troubleshooting customer concerns. Effectively communicates orders and collaborates with team members while recording allergies, dietary restrictions and additional specialized requests. Surpasses quality standards and maintains well-kept dining areas.
Fast pace and fun environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MAAugust 7, 2017
My coworkers and managers are great to work with. The managers, overall, do all they could to help in each situation. The guests that come in are great to serve and receive excellent service from me, no matter who they are. I do not feel any discomfort while I am there. It isn't fun when guests are upset with me due to things that are out of my hand but it is fun making them satisfied with my service.
Pros
limited free food items, great money
Cons
short or no breaks, no guaranteed out time
Good Chain
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 7, 2017
. It had a ton o potential. The atmosphere was relaxed and the bar was hot. fixingx
The management team cared about its staff and guests, Casual upscale and all th
Pros
location
Cons
heavy trafic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longhorn Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval