Longhorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Wonderful work place
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDNovember 16, 2017
Longhorn was a wonderful place to work. They have awesome stuff and great guest. I learn how to work and get a long with others. Mangers taught me a lot of life learning situation . Longhorn first open in Atlanta, GA. Their was not a hard part of the job . The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the guest
Pros
meet new people
Cons
dont go to work woulnt meet new people
Fast-paced but an enjoyable experience
Host/Busser (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VANovember 16, 2017
As an employee who typically works a double-shift, my day consists of opening the restaurant and transitioning from lunch to a dinner schedule. The staff is very nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job is being a reliable member of customer service, and trying my best to please every person who walks in the restaurant. I do love helping out customers, ensuring guests had a great experience, and hoping they come back again.
Fast paced
Bartender / Server (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GANovember 16, 2017
Fast passed, very chaotic at times, but with good management and leadership it makes the chaos seem a little more controlled. Flexible hours and plenty of opportunity to excel within the company.
Pros
Excellent money
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Lack of advancement
HOST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2017
I worked as a hostess and bus boy. They kept telling me that they would make me a server, but never did. This job requires you to engage with customers and make sure that they are satisfied.
Long Horn
HMS Host (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2017
Long Horn and working for HMS Host was very exciting. Long Horn was one of the busiest in the company in the airport. We only had 95 seats, but our sales were 7.5 million dollars a year. Lots of multi-tasking had to be done. I recommend working for Long Horn.
Fast-Paced job
SERVING STAFF (Current Employee) –  IndianaNovember 14, 2017
This was a stressful job. As you could expect with any corporate restaurant there was too much emphasis on sales rather than the experience of the guests.
Can be fun when working with people who have passion for customer service.
Servers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCNovember 14, 2017
It was a rough job sometimes for myself personally because they require late hours and I was working it as a late night the second job. It a great way to make extra income but it is not a place to build a career if you are starting with hosting.
Pros
Discounted food when you work and free drinks
Cons
Stressful and taxing
Required to work over 50 hours a week
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MANovember 13, 2017
The hardest part of the job are the long hours and having to do team members job duties daily such as wash dishes and cook. My schedule changes after it has been written and does not allow for quality of life.
Great Team to work with
Server (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 13, 2017
LongHorn Steakhouse was my home for a few months and mad eye feel very comfortable with the way things were handled. They understood your personal problems if any and made you want to come into work with a smile on your face.
productive with a fun atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2017
It is a great place to work with a lovely opportunity to excel and what you know best. Very busy area with a nice scenery to draw customers in. The management staff is pretty awesome and gets the job done.
Pros
cool people
Cons
N/a
A joke
Server (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 13, 2017
Management is very unprofessional.. My GM lacked knowledge of everything server related, so I'm confused to how she became the GM. No teamwork from employees or managers.
Pros
Steady money
Very fast pace business
Cook (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 13, 2017
It was a very educational experience for me.. From preparing and cooking different types of dishes . Long hours but with environment being very diverse it make for a very interesting day with fun and hardwork.
Pros
Fun filled environment
Cons
Very busy at times
longhorn
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 8, 2017
Longhorn is a great place to work for, they truly care for their people weather full time or part time, great food too, everyone always has a positive attitude. I made a great choice working for them.
Pros
50% off when you work!
Cons
cant really tell how the tips are going to be .
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDNovember 8, 2017
The most enjoyable part of working at longhorn is the amount of money you can make.
The staff is like family
Managers understand our needs. They also work with our schedule as need
Fast Paced, Pays well with good work
Waitress, Host, Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ellijay, GANovember 7, 2017
Longhorn Steakhouse can be very stressful because of the fast pace and one must learn to juggle multiple things at once. Good memorizing skills are also very helpful here.
Pros
Half-Price Food, Great Team members
Cons
Career Advancement, Can get very stressful
fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  2217 Harrodsburg RoadNovember 7, 2017
This is a very fast paced job but a nice restaurant to work at. I like that it allows you the ability to multi-task in a fun work environment. The hour are good for being a serving job.
Pros
good hours, discounts
Cons
rude customers, no benefits
Longhorns
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 4, 2017
Awful management and coworkers. You're expected to bite off more than you can chew. The restaurant and kitchen was filthy and the place smelt like old carpet and sewer.
Bartender and Server and Key employee (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MANovember 3, 2017
I loved working at Longhorn, I enjoyed the conversations with guests. Hardest part of the job was leaving. Good company to work for. I would recommend Longhorn
fun productiive and efficant
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 2, 2017
i loved everyone here they gave me a at home experience we was able to work and effectively give and produce orders from customers.
i work immediately after training and begin the work day as proceed.
Good Place to work
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 2, 2017
Great place to work as a starting manager. Spend plenty of time developing managers. After the MP status is hit the ability to grow is slowed dramatically.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longhorn Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.