Longhorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Busy environment, amazing management
Server/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 11, 2016
The best thing about working for Longhorn Steakhouse is the management team. I have been working for this company since 2014 and was given the opportunity to move up into MIT. This company appreciates those who work hard and do their best and rewards those who take their jobs seriously. I never experienced such a positive and grateful working place.
Pros
Flexible hours, discounted meals, rewarded for hard work
Cons
N/A
Family Oriented Business
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 9, 2016
I love my job, the atmosphere is home-like and you meet great new people everyday. I work with some of the most amicable people there is. Management is great when it comes to the guest and the employees, but they are not that great at running the business. The hardest part of my job is having to be there late night (11pm-12am) I prefer to work a first shift job, but at Longhorn the best time to work is at night. Thats when you make the most money. The most enjoyable part about my job is the smile I get to put on the guest face by giving them outstanding customer service.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
night hours
productive workplace with many opportunities
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 22, 2016
soon as the doors open we detail clean the store frm top to bottom and the kitchen staff prepares the kitchen for daily activity. As easy as it sounds to wash dishes,i would move fast and quickly to the line and back to the dish to keep up with production its very fun I love fast pace work
Pros
free sides
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Great resteraunts gig
Server (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 1, 2016
Customer service focused business. Shifts are typically fast paced, high stress, and physical work that is team oriented. Relatively short shifts with relatively high compensation based on sales ($20/hr average) Duration of shifts is never certain and both hrs and pay are dependent on season. Management gives incentives for exceeding customer service expectations. Fun loving but efficiency critical group of coworkers
Pros
$$$, flexible scheduling, FT benefits, discounts
Cons
Regularly high stress level, uncertain hrs and pay fluctuate with season
Decent wages, decent management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTNovember 29, 2016
Good place to work when I got laid off but no way I would make a career out of it, there are some good managers but the negativity around there and the bad managers make it not worth the hassle.
Pros
Discounted meals, always busy.
Cons
Higher management looks over reliable management because one of them is book smart, but not functional, creates a bad team environment.
Fast paced work place
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXOctober 24, 2016
I would typically open the server line first thing in the morning. Sometimes I would also help set up the bar area. I would walk the dining room to make sure the restaurant was ready to receive guest when we opened. For the most part my co-workers were hard working. The most enjoyable part of working at Longhorn was how laid back the environment was. The hardest part would be working with those who would not pull their own weight.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Sometimes the pay was not good
Great Company, Wonderful mangment.
Cocktail server / Waitress (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 25, 2016
Staff is fun loving. I have created another family with Long Horn, Waitressing is not just severing our guest, to me it's more. I take pride in knowing that while my guest are at long Horn they not only get served Great Steak also taking time to sit an build report with them making them feel comfortable an right at home, bringing a smile an laughter. I have many regular guest that come to Long Horn weekly basis.
Pros
Free Lunch/Dinner, Great Team Work Great Managers
Cons
Rolling Silverware, Night side work
A great group of people.
Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCOctober 24, 2016
A typical day of work here can be hectic. It requires a great amount of team work, respect and patience. It can be a fast paced environment with a constant number of suprises on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is the financial fluctuation that is expected when in the food service industry. The Managing Partner and the great group of Managers take time to listen to their employees and aren't afraid to step into fray with their employees. I have learned a great deal here, not the least of which is my own ability to lead. I enjoy marketing for the company and have been lucky to call these people my teamates.
Pros
Discounted food for employees, Darden Dimes for helping team members in need and a great Managing Partner
Productive and great place to learn knife skills
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 9, 2016
My time spent at Longhorns taught me how to be a great grill cook. Also, I was taught on many different knife and cutting skills. The most enjoyable part of my job was working on a Friday night with my grill filled to capacity and without any call backs by the end of the night. I took a lot of pride in that.
Pros
Good place for raises
Cons
Benefits were average to be kind.
Productive workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAJanuary 31, 2017
Management needs a little to be desired. But overall a great company to work for. This company has good benefits and will help you if any emergency happened such as death or sudden illness of a close family member
Pros
Half-price meals while you're working and 25% off when you come in to eat off the clock
Cons
Management needs a little work
Busy Steakhouse
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2016
My favorite part of my job is working with people, I'm a very social person. My least favorite part of my job is trying to keep all the customers and co-workers happy. Happy co-workers are just as important as customers since happy co-workers make work a lot more enjoyable.What I learned the most is how to multi-task. As a Service Assistant on weekend nights, there's a lot to be done constantly. I have to deal with To-Go orders, manage the wait list, run food, and help clean tables all at once.
Pros
Flexible hours and the food is great.
Cons
You only make good money working dinners.
Fast pace. Industry has little recession.
Kitchen & Front House Manager (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLDecember 2, 2016
It's part of a large company that dominates the full service food industry. Has capital to withstand any temporary slumps in the economy. Very long hours and high pressure dealing with timed products. (food costs, hungry patrons, hot food)
Pros
recession proof industry
Cons
long hours, high pressure
Never not busy and great practice for anything fast pace
Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 31, 2016
There are a lot of different people that coke in and management handles it very well. My coworkers work very hard and give everyone excellent service as do I. They listen when you're interested in working in other fields within the job. And are flexible with the schedule.
Decent corporate restaurant
Restaurant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 25, 2017
Great restaurant to get a start in. Very corporate with the way that they do things. Food is quality and safety is priority. Only issue I ever had was the company was overly loyal to it's hourly employees and would throw a Manager under the bus.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Busy start to finish
Time Consuming
Manager (Current Employee) –  Flanders, NJNovember 29, 2016
Being a manager is great. It is long hours and working holidays stinks, but is fun to see the final product. Staffing and scheduling is the hardest part. Dealing with guests and a Saturday dinner rush are the things that come easy.
Pros
Free Meals, Bonuses, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Stock Options
Cons
Long Hours, Holiday work
Fast paced and very enjoyable
Server (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 25, 2016
A typical day at Longhorn Steakhouse is face paced and easily enjoyable. I have learned how to multi-task, remember many things at once, while also being patient with the guests to serve them to the fullest. I never expected to have managers like the ones that I work with, they are very understanding and, extremely supportive. The managers and co-workers make the job pleasurable. The hardest part about serving tables is staying focused and being certain that the guests leave as happy as possible during the busiest hours.
Great management and wonderful coworkers.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 31, 2017
Great place to work at. Flexible working hours, along with great management and a terrific atmosphere to work in. I greeted guests and kept a clean environment for a great dining exiperence. I was responsible for my own bank throughout my shift.
Pros
Employee discounts
Guest Interaction
Kitchen /Service /Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 6, 2016
walk- thru to set up an opening using checklist and writing notes for fellow managers.
Communication is the foremost way of being the best, to include team members
held weekly Mgt meetings to include trainers and key employee
Continuous Training and development of staff and being the standard bearer and leading by example.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no breaks in a 10 to 12 hour day
Fun co-workers, poor management
Server/Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 30, 2016
A typical day at work is full of stress but is always relieved by hilarious co-workers. Sure severing is a stressful position, but working at Longhorn raises your stress level immensely. I would not have any problem working there if the managers could act like adults. If you get a second job while working there they (the managers) will go out of their way to schedule you out of your availability so you cannot make your shifts. (Has happened to five previous co-workers)
I would like to mention this is not just an attempt to rid of me because I have poor performance (I've been considered for management.) Management prefers your entire life to revolve around this one particular restaurant and will treat you unfairly if it does not.
Pros
Tips and co-workers
Cons
Management.
Not too enjoyable of a workplace for me.
Food Prep. / Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 27, 2016
Had trouble enjoying the workplace when i was the one doing all of the dishes between lunch and dinner rushes. Never saw myself being treated as every one else was. Kept to myself 90% of the time.
Pros
Free appetizers every other week was nice.
Cons
Very Little Diversity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longhorn Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.