Longhorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews in United States

Bartender (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 26, 2016
I loved working at Longhorn I was a bartender and server. The staff was great to work with, the management was amazing. There were never any big surprises as the management keep all employees properly informed to any and all upcoming changes
Pros
Good money
Cons
Productive and busy work place
Head Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 23, 2016
Longhorn Steakhouse was a great first serving job to start with. I learned all of the skills I now apply to my current job as well as many multitasking and customer service skills that I plan to use in other aspects of my life.
productive and fun place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAJanuary 21, 2016
Assisted co-workers whenever possible.
•Responsible for the production and plating of desserts.
•Maintained daily cleanliness of broiler and fryers.
•Prepared food items.
•Washed dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans using dishwashers or by hand.
•Weighed and measured ingredient
Pros
great place to work
The people I work with make it worth it.
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 17, 2016
My typical day starts by checking my tables,so that there all clean and set up.I also start the coffees,ice teas,and setting up the wait isle.I get sat a table,I greet them and tell them about long horns,and suggestive selling.I take the order,run the drinks out and food when it's ready.I then pre bus the table, offer dessert,and cash them out and thank the guest for coming and welcome them back.The end of the night I do 1hour worth of rolling silverware,and another hour doing sidework.By the end i have to be checked out by two servers and the final check out is with the manager.I like my co-workers,thats easy.Getting checked out is hard,because i can never find a manager to do my check out,so i stand around waiting for them on the clock so i can go home.I dont feel challange there.The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and the other servers.
Pros
co-workers are nice.
Cons
no breaks, bad management.
Productive and fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJanuary 15, 2016
I really enjoyed my time here. All of my coworkers were phenomenal and the managers were pretty on point about what they had to do and when they had to do it.
Excellent Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2016
Gained knowledge on table service wine knowledge overall experience on the Italian restaurant. Darden is a great company to work for overall trains employees well.
Great Company
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 7, 2016
Strong standards and great leadership. You will work a ton, but gain loads of experience and work for great leaders in the industry.
Productive Work Place
Server (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJanuary 7, 2016
Its ok, it's a high stress job, with minimum reimbursement. it's ridiculously high stress. It is a good paying job, however, everyone plays favorites. Good for a college student.
Fun Workplace
NRO Trainer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 7, 2016
Fun workplace, high volume,need to multitask,
Daily inventory, Organization is key. Make schedules, truck orders
Hours not favorable.
Pros
free food
Cons
hours
Good people.
Hostess / Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 5, 2016
I loved working at Longhorn. Most of the people were very friendly. I will not talk about the ones who were mean. The store I worked at was in bowie town center. I liked 95% of the people I worked with.
Hostess
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Rocky River, OHDecember 29, 2015
Basic host duties

seating
floor plans
bussing

working with people and customers, dealing with customer conflict in a calm and appropriate manner.
Very fun place to work, and a great management team
Server (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 23, 2015
A regular day would consist of about 300 + on a night. Get to my section, and just take care of my customers'. The co-workers were great. In the beginning , they helped me and allowed me time to learn. The management was always close, or on the floor making it easier to stop a small situation from escalating. The hardest part of the job is just knowing you won't always be compensated from each customer, but you give them the same service you would give someone that compensates every time. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get complimented on your service and made someone's day.. Oh! and that nice compensation left of course .
Pros
Half off, fun training program, great food
Cons
work for tips, no benefits, slow periods
I love Lornghorn Steakhouse
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 20, 2015
Loved working in a new steakhouse , I enjoy working in BOH and running the kitchen lots of fun and lots to keep your eyes on .
Pros
fun, great food and drinks
Cons
hard to find a con against Lornhorn Steakhouse
Can Make Good Money and Good Friends
server (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 15, 2015
Serving a Longhorn got me through most of my college. They can work around student hours and have some excellent managers and staff. Great restaurant, be prepared to work hard.
Pros
Pay can be great, some good coworkers, great food.
Cons
Dealing with unsatisfied guests, can be exhausting
Fun and Profitable place to work.
Bar Host Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSDecember 12, 2015
I enjoy working for Longhorn Steakhouse. My time spent here has been wonderful. The teams and people working here are fun and professional. They really care about you as a person and are willing to help you succeed in every aspect of your life.
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 8, 2015
Great place to work. Compensation is good and people are nice. That is all I have to say about that. Great place to work. Compensation is good and people are nice.
Typical Corporate Restaurant Gig
Corporate Trainer, Culinary Professional (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLDecember 7, 2015
Can be a good job if you are surrounded by a competent and hardworking managing team. Like any restaurant it starts at the top and when I have had good managers, it has been a great job.
For the most part they will work with schedules and school.
Pros
Free food
Decent work environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 5, 2015
Hostesses involve themselves in drama, and take their personal problems into work. New employees get treated like dirt, and pay is very little because it is mostly in tip money. Hostesses are greedy with the pay split. Management is decent, but advancement to a different position is highly unlikely to achieve in less than a month (even when being that same position at another work place).
Pros
Discounted lunches and dinners
Cons
No breaks, unequal treatment, little to no pay
A very fast pace with always things to be completed
Hostess/Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MADecember 2, 2015
A typical day at work for Longhorn is, with the very first thing you must be aware of is to walk into work looking presentable, this includes having a smile on your face. You must walk into work and be ready right away to start your shift. The management is easy to approach, if there is a problem or just need to speak with them about a personal matter. My co-workers are great people. Most of us have worked together side by side for years, we all help each other out in the time of need. The hardest part about my job, is keeping every gust happy. But with that also come's the enjoyment of meeting new people,some you get to know a little about their back round, and others may be regular gust that you know by first name and have developed a nice friendship with.
Healthy environment with plenty of reasons to stay!
Server (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 2, 2015
I worked for Longhorn Steakhouse for nearly two years before graduating from College. I enjoyed the training I received and the personal relationships that each employee has the ability to create with management. I benefited from the continual "stirring up" of the companies core values (they don't let anything 'sink to the bottom') and the constant reminders about what kind of customer service Longhorn stands for. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Flexible schedule, strong core values, positive work environment.
Cons
Late nights when closing, not solid check during slow seasons