Longhorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews

It was a fun place to work at, and very busy.
Hostess and Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLFebruary 5, 2017
I liked working at longhorn Steakhouse because my coworkers and the customers were very nice. I learned how to be patient with the older folks that came into the restaurant. The easiest part of my job was it didn't have too many weird or nasty customers.
Pros
Was able to get some meals for free and had others at half price.
Cons
I wasn't able to work more than 30 hours a week.
Awful manager
Server (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHFebruary 2, 2017
The manager was sleeping with employees she would take stuff out on you. She was the reason I left and I loved my job. The money is amazing best money you can make around pickerington ! It's always busy
Pros
Discount and food money
Cons
No breaks petty managers
not bad, not great
Server (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 2, 2017
Made some great friends working here, but not everyone was so enjoyable to work with. Overall it was a good company to work for but the team work ethic could improve a lot. Not much money to be made there unless you live there all day every day
very corporate structured atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILFebruary 2, 2017
i love to serve , i find enjoyment in work when everybody works as a team and for that to happen we need a strong willing and humbled team players
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
un fair cuts and sections
productive and fun work place
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 1, 2017
I would recommend this job for college students. They are really awesome with flexible schedules. Longhorn employees provide the best experience for each guest that walks through longhorn. Sometimes we can be a little busy and some guest gets upset, but the managers make sure they do everything in their power to make it up to that guest. Longhorn over all is the best job to gain customer service experience. Also, you get to meet really good people.
Pros
great employee discounts, great team work, awesome managers
Cons
angry customers
Good money
Server (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 1, 2017
My fellow employees are amazing. Management can be a little misguided but overall have your best interest at heart! It is very fast paced during the winter seasons.
Fun work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJanuary 31, 2017
I loved the people I worked with and some of the managers were easy to communicate with. The hostesses had a lot of responsibility and they really were not treated like they were appreciated.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
unpredictable wages
Productive workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAJanuary 31, 2017
Management needs a little to be desired. But overall a great company to work for. This company has good benefits and will help you if any emergency happened such as death or sudden illness of a close family member
Pros
Half-price meals while you're working and 25% off when you come in to eat off the clock
Cons
Management needs a little work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2017
This is the nice place to work the only problem that I see about this place is the managers don't really help too much if managers work a little bit harder this place will be a such a fun place to work for
Pros
Free food
Cons
Managers don't help others
Great management and wonderful coworkers.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 31, 2017
Great place to work at. Flexible working hours, along with great management and a terrific atmosphere to work in. I greeted guests and kept a clean environment for a great dining exiperence. I was responsible for my own bank throughout my shift.
Pros
Employee discounts
Productive and fun workplace
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2017
Love the kitchen staff makes you fee like family and everyone has a opinion and a important place in the resturant. Prep and clram up sometimes long but if u clean as you wrk then ull be great
Pros
Hours flexible
Cons
No free food
Very nice place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJanuary 29, 2017
Good place to meet new people . You learn a lot about patience and how to satisfy your customer. Its a good place with good food and even better tips.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Always packed
Fun working place
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJanuary 28, 2017
Nice place to work at. Fast place. Great food great people....... Fast servers, typical day at work. Awesome team player.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Tickets
Management fails staff at every opportunity
Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 27, 2017
General manager is an egomaniacal, charismatic monster who missed his calling as a cult leader. He would probably give away coital favors and his employees' first born children to disgruntled guests with imaginary grievances about trivial inconveniences, but fails to stand up for staff even when harassed, disparaged, and threatened by guests and co-workers.
Enjoyed working with former coworkers and friends
Server (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 27, 2017
A typical day at work was taking care of guests and working in the back of the house in preparation, I learned about the concept of Longhorn Steakhouse and their operations. The hardest part of the job was the general manager had a bad temper and would yell at us, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with people I had met from previous restaurants
Productive work environment
HOST/SERVER'S ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 27, 2017
A typical work day was fairly standard in my opinion. The coworkers were all very kind and polite. The best part of the job was working with nice people.
enjoyable work environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2017
working here is bearable but highly unlikely you will ever be promoted. managers are nice and understanding. Job itself is relavitly easy
Fine dining restaurant with best steaks in Wilmington NC
Hostess/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 25, 2017
I welcome customer whenever they come into our restaurant. Seat them with a warm smile and try to make them feel comfortable and have a fine dining experience. Answer phone calls in a nice manner and direct them and answer any questions that need to be answered. Make floor plans for the servers in AM and PM. Hardest part of the job is juggling answering phones, seating customers and bussing and wiping tables. I enjoy the challenge and manage to do it in a timely manner.
Pros
Half price food, become close with regulars that come into the restaurant
Cons
juggling 3 tasks at once
Decent corporate restaurant
Restaurant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 25, 2017
Great restaurant to get a start in. Very corporate with the way that they do things. Food is quality and safety is priority. Only issue I ever had was the company was overly loyal to it's hourly employees and would throw a Manager under the bus.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Busy start to finish
An easy job to get and keep, but difficult to keep up with business
Dishwasher, Line Cook, Prep (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Typical foodservice job, hard, dirty, sweaty. Much more rewarding to be a server, but some people in management are extremely unprofessional and unwilling to compromise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longhorn Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

87%