Longhorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Cultured work space with regular guests
Server (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 3, 2018
You learn how to attend to guest needs quickly and organized. A demanding job, Longhorn is still an overall great place to work. Training is very useful and teaches many great mannerisms.
Pros
50% off quality food on work days, 25% off at all Darden Restaurants
Cons
Inconsistent shift hours
culture is great.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 2, 2018
great culture and experience is needed to exceed at this establishment. many advancement opportunities all the way from back of house to front but very fat paced.
Pros
great culture
Cons
fast paced
productive
Server (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 1, 2018
As an employee of longhorn you are expected to excel in certain areas. This job helped shape my time management skills as well as my money management skills.
Smells really good- great place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALDecember 28, 2017
As a hostess, make sure all tables are clean always! Or you will be on the mananagers bad side. During the summer also make sure you and your staff work together as a team.
Fun place to work very fast paced.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCDecember 28, 2017
Primarily served as a hostess. Main duties included working closely with customers. Supervised the dining area. Enjoyed working with the customers, it was fun.
Pros
Discounts
Review Summary
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 27, 2017
While I don't usually mind typing up reviews from time to time, this has become rather trivial in my eyes, and I'd really like to not have to type a review on any more previous workplaces.
fun
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Cold Spring, KYDecember 27, 2017
it was fast paced and rather stressful, the management team is what i think gave the workplace most of its problems. The people that we worked with created an envirorment that helped all of us get through the day
Poor managment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEDecember 27, 2017
Poor management led to me leaving they always worked against each other stepping on one another's toes rather than work together. My general manager was the only one who cared about the production of the restaurant.
I do not recommend
Certified Trainer / Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 26, 2017
I do not recommend Longhorn or any restaurant period. You will be overworked and underpaid. Al of your holidays and most important times you should be spending with family will instead be spend at work.
Overall a quality place
Server (Former Employee) –  Seekonk, MADecember 24, 2017
Nice place to work. If you try hard you will earn well. Some of the finest people I have ever worked with but watch out for the snakes. Stick with the 2 full time bartenders and you will do fine.
Pros
Free sides, discounted food, good earnings, easy to shine
Cons
Limited breaks, some shady co workers
Great place
Restaurant Manager/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2017
I sacrificed 5 years at this company. It was time to move on for betterment for myself. I would definitely recommend anyone to apply there. I believe if I was have stayed, I could have oversaw many restaurants in my area.
Longhorn
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 19, 2017
This was a great place to learn and grow. A work day went by quick and it was a fast paced environment. I learned everything there. I started from the bottom and worked my way up. I learned how to be a good leader and a better person. Management is like anywhere else, it can be good or bad, but I mainly ran into the good. The culture of the company was my favorite part about working there. They are very clean and organized and are very proud of what they represent. They do a fantastic job of keeping the morale high and the team invested. The hardest part of the job was keeping things from outside of work affecting your work day. Being a manager requires consistency in your technical skill, but also in one's social ability. It's not easy to always be happy and uplifting. The most enjoyable part would have to be making people happy. From the guests to the employees. Also developing others and watching them become successful in life. I enjoy watching people grow and get out of life what it is they are seeking.
Good chain steakhouse to work at
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLDecember 18, 2017
Very fast paced. Server assistant seats guests cleans tables runs food and makes way less then a server. Hosts get tipped out at the end of the night.
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 18, 2017
Awesome people and management........ ................. ............... .. great teamwork and training ..it was 60 minutes away so had to relocate
Pretty positive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 17, 2017
I worked as a host at Longhorn Steakhouse, managers were consistent and were good leaders. I knew what was expected of me everyday and rules were kept at a high standard. Co-workers were all well trained and work environment was pleasant.
Poorly Managed, Don't Care For Employees
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDDecember 17, 2017
3 dishwashers have quit in the last month.
Management sends people home even when we're busy to ensure receiving year end bonus.
You will do way more than anyone getting $3.63/hr should be doing.
Clientele feels entitled to free stuff.
Restaurant is not clean.
Pros
coworkers are nice
Cons
everything else is a con
Very relaxed environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDDecember 12, 2017
The money is good and the job is easy. Clientele is fair. It's the only Longhorn in the area so we get pretty busy, even when it's slow. The only thing is a money is inconsistent because you are surging off tips.
It’s an okay job, but it could be a great job with the right people.
Server (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 12, 2017
It has the potential to be a great job they just need good servers that want to do their job and stop with the favoritism and pinpointing certain people to pick on.
Discounted food
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 9, 2017
It was pretty while it lasted it paid the bills. The manager was cool. They worked around my school schedule , the guests were always pleasant & tipped well
Clean environment and friendly staff
Server (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GADecember 8, 2017
Typically as a server you would start off by going over your own section and confirming it is customer - ready. Greet and seat customers while understanding and effectively relaying their orders. A good place to learn how to be more outgoing, helps overcome social anxiety. The most enjoyable part had to have been the co workers and management.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Short hours, inconsistent pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longhorn Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.