Longhorn Steakhouse

Longhorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Busy, Fun work place
Hostess/Server Assistant (Former Employee), Apex, NCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: discounted/free food (while working), management were great! and you got tips!
Cons: sometimes dealing with customers who were very hateful.
The management was great (when I was employeed, not sure now), the employees were great as well. Everyone helped each other out, including the hostess staff. As a hostess I also waited tables on weekends when we were the busiest. I enjoyed working there and the General Manager at the time was great. If the new GM is still the GM he is wonderful as well. The managers (except for the female) were very caring, understanding, and helpful. They were your friend and your boss. It was a great place to work!
Great Place to Work
Cook (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 13, 2014
I really Enjoyed working with this company, Every one worked as a team
Excellent Co-Workers, but Poor Management
CERTIFIED SERVER TRAINER (Former Employee), Altoona, PANovember 13, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, wonderful money, great guests
Cons: poor management and favortism for a few
I loved working at this job!! we had a lot of great times considering we all opened together and for the first 2 years we really spent all of our time together. We were a close knit group and really pulled together when we needed too. Management lets a lot slip thru their fingers as if they don't matter for example a no call no show does not mean being fired, using the remainder of gift cards (stealing from guests) also does not constitute being let go, but not being able to explain ONE appetizer coupon ($6.49) does constitute being let go...other then favoritism from management and soft back bones this job was wonderful!!
The service industry is hard work
Waitress (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXNovember 12, 2014
As a waitress i grew to appreciate how hard a waitress works to provide a good dinner experience for her customers. At Lognhorn Steakhouse was the perfect place for me to learn that. I enjoyed working there
Challenging Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lansing, MINovember 11, 2014
Longhorn Steakhouse is a decent place to work. If you are interested be ready for long days and a high stress environment, such is typical in a restaurant setting. Advancement is always available. It is very challenging if your direct leader is not on the same page as the team, or lacks the necessary leadership qualities to lead such a diverse team.
Professional workplace
Key Employee/Server/Food Runner/Hostess (Former Employee), Viera, FlNovember 6, 2014
I enjoyed working here very much but was excited to expand my horizons.
great work place
Hostess/Receptionist/buss girl (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 30, 2014
i learn about being a good team player/ i had very good and helpful team members/ our manger came out to help when someone needed them/ the most great thing about the job is meeting new people/ the hardest part is rush hour
Fun environment
Service Assistant (Former Employee), Newport News, VAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: free sides, great food, loved my co-workers
Enjoyed the environment and the job that I provided. Smiling to make individuals happy is what made my day.
Fun and busy work place
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Fredericksburg VaOctober 29, 2014
Pros: discounts on food not only at the one concept
Cons: working late into the night
I open the bar which requires setting up for guests and prepping food items I will need throughout the day. Cleaning and maintaining the area I work in. Serving guests at the bar and in the dining area. Closing the bar which includes breaking down the bar and cleaning all utensils and glasses and equipment used throughout the day. I have learned how to multitask efficiently and how when it becomes too difficult to ask for help. The management staff is amazing and are very willing to work with my schedule changes because of my schooling. My co-workers are mostly hardworking but do like to have fun while at work. The hardest part of my job is the hours that I work and being away from my daughter and working late every weekend. The most enjoyable is providing excellent customer service to my guests so they will return and ask for me.
fun workplace
Server/food runner/host (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLOctober 25, 2014
meeting and developing a relationship with guests, this job definitely taught me the true meaning of teamwork
Great Learning experience
Host (Former Employee), Winchester, VAOctober 21, 2014
Seating customers
meeting different people
Learning new things
Just a job I worked while in College
Hostess (Former Employee), Tifton, GAOctober 20, 2014
double shifts days, nights, and weekends, management at the time was poor, co-workers some became to be my long life friends, hardest part of job is keeping customers happy, enjoyable part of job was getting to go home.
Poor
Line Cook (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 19, 2014
Longhorn Steakhouse management does not care about anyone except for themselves and getting money.
Good Experience, but not for the long run
Service Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: discount on food
Cons: shotty management
I am certainly glad that i had the opportunity to work in the food service industry, for it is a field that I believe that everyone should be a part of at some point in their life, but in the long run, I didn't find myself satisfied.
Great teamwork
Server (Current Employee), Oak Lawn, ILOctober 12, 2014
Pros: teamwork, good relationships with coworkers, fun place to work
Cons: short break, communication sometimes doesnt happen
A typical day at work is steady to busy. Everyone that works there has fun and we all get along great. management is always there and helps all the time. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable, the guests. although some guests can be demanding the rewards are there at the end of the day. The only issue i have at the moment is the communication but it seems to be something that is improving.
Productive work enviorment
Server (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVOctober 10, 2014
through the year that I have worked for Longhorn, and Darden in general, I have learned a number of things. There is always a reason for working as a team, when business picks up, you have to be willing to ask for help, or the guest will suffer. Communication between the employees and management is a crucial part of maintaining a smooth work environment. Finally having a positive attitude through any given shift is important for two reasons, the guest is able to tell that there is something wrong, which will sometimes result in them not having an enjoyable experience, and in turn results in a lower tip percentage, and second, it will help the shift run smoothly, giving all involved staff and guest a reason to return.
Good company to work for
Service Assistant and Service Assistant Trainer (Current Employee), Cheektowaga, NYOctober 9, 2014
Has been able to provide me with the flexible schedule I needed to complete my undergraduate and graduate degrees
Large Corporation with Room to Grow in the Company
Bartender (Current Employee), Kingsland, GAOctober 9, 2014
A customer interactive environment greets you every day at work. Although the function is repetitive, no two guests are alike, which makes every shift different. Darden Restaurants is consistently voted one of the top places to work, and, with a combination of good benefits and the opportunity to grow with the company, your ambition is not capped in this work environment.
fun place, not for me
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 8, 2014
Easy job, wouldn't work there again. It doesn't offer a lot of growth, not a fan of the system they use
Fun place to work
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee), louisville, kyOctober 7, 2014
Fun place to work.
ive worked here for about a year. I love it..most days!

About Longhorn Steakhouse

Steaks, seafood, ribs, chops, salads and more, prepared with quality ingredients and great hospitality in a warm and inviting – Read more

Longhorn Steakhouse Salaries