Longhorn Steakhouse

Longhorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Flexible hours
Hostess/Server (Current Employee), Hickory, NCDecember 22, 2014
Overall its a great place to work. Great co-workers and management. The most enjoyable part of the job is walking in the door to a great work environment where everyone is welcoming and smiling.
Very good work environment.
Server, Trainer (Current Employee), Flowood, MSDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great tips, great managers
Cons: no cons
Great place to work.
Awesome Co-workers
Professional Managers
Great Guest
Great Job
Great Food and fun atmosphere
Waiter (Former Employee), Colerain, OHDecember 18, 2014
Pros: discounted meals, great food, fun people
Cons: slow days
The managing staff at the location I worked at was wonderful and adhering to all scheduling needs and personal requests. The staff was just as wonderful and extremely friendly and personable. Being able to meet new people on a daily basis and enjoy the work environment with everyone from the guests to the other servers was just a great experience. A typical day was satisfying guests needs as the number one priority while maintaining cleanliness and stock of the restaurant through individual side work and duties performed by each and every server.
Great Family Work Environment
Server/Customer Service (Current Employee), Cold Springs, KYDecember 15, 2014
It is wonderful working somewhere where your co-workers and mangers all care about you inside and outside of the workplace. Everyone is a family and we all get along so well! The only complaint I would have is the money I make which is only due to the restaurant location and "culture" of the people in the area. Other than that I have never worked for a restaurant that had so many people willing to do not only their share of the workload, but extra just to make the night run smoothly. Teamwork all the way!
Flexible Hours
Server (Current Employee), Lee's Summit, MODecember 15, 2014
Quick and fast-paced work environment with unlimited opportunities.
Very faced paced energetic place to work
Certified Trainer/Host/Server (Current Employee), Dothan, ALDecember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no benefits
Management is great to work with.
The environment if faced paced and makes the time go by very fast. Being able to interact with the public is great.
The hardest part of the job is not having a steady income.
Relaxed Environment with Schedule Flexibility
Server (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 10, 2014
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: compensation, opportunity for advancement
Good for part-time employment while searching for a more substantial career. Flexible hours, and decent compensation compared to effort put forth.
FUN PLACE TO WORK WITH GREAT CO-WORKERS
Server/Host Trainer (Current Employee), Laurel, MDDecember 4, 2014
Pros: half off lunch
Cons: no breaks
WORKING FOR LONGHORNS OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, HAS MADE ME A VALUABLE ASSET WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. WITH THE KNOWELEGE I'VE GAIN, I'M ABLE TO GROW WITH THE COMPANY AND TAKE CHARGE WITHOUT A MANAGER BEING PRESENT. DELIVERING GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICEIS A WAY TO PROVE HOW LOYAL AND VALUABLE TO MY CUSTOMERS.
Host treated unfairly
Host (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GADecember 4, 2014
Pros: friendly and well organized management.
Cons: extremely underpaid and sometimes taken advantage of by servers
A typical day as a host includes bussing tables, seating guest, and doing whatever a server tells you to.
Decent part time job
Service Assistant, Food Runner, and Server (Current Employee), Gahanna, OHNovember 30, 2014
Pros: 2 free sides when working, 50% discount on one meal on working day, 25% off on up to 8 meals
Cons: sometimes no breaks, little hours available to work, hard to call-off due to sickness or other reasons, can't determine cut time
shifts are 1045am-cut time, dinner starts at 4pm till 10 or 11 pm.
co-workers are friendly but sometimes pessimistic. management is easy to work with but hard to come to a compromise. shifts are either impossible to pick up or easy to pick up, depending on the time of month and day of the week. 3 table sections for servers. parties of 10 or more are split between two servers. servers tip out hosts, bartenders, and food runner. we have 40+ servers at the moment.
Enjoyable workplace
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee), Conyers, GANovember 26, 2014
Pros: good pay and meeting cool people
Cons: no free meals
A typical day at work. Very busy fast paced. Lots of food being made. Overwhelming amount of dishes accumulating but I enjoy getting it knocked out because like I said before I make sure I get every task done.I enjoy every part about work I have no complaints. I'm very grateful.
Poorly Management
Food preparation(salad/fry), Line cook (Former Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 20, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: poorly management
On a typical day at work, I come in at 5pm. Stock up my area, which is Fry / Salad. Ran the fryer. Fries, chicken tenders, etc. Made salads and desserts. At the end of the night I broke down the fryer and cleaned my area.
The kitchen was very dirty and needed a lot of extra cleaning. I find that the hardest part about the job, the management didn't do anything to make it better. As far as co workers, you had your ok ones. then you had the not so ok. I enjoyed the weekly pay mostly about this job
Poor work Place
BARTENDER (Former Employee), Jensen Beach, FLNovember 20, 2014
Management is sub-par and there is no training. 90 percent of the servers cannot even open a bottle of wine at the tables. There is no accountability what so ever. Stay away, especially if you are a bartender. You have to cash-out all wait staff and take tables with a 3 deep bar.
Fun place to work, great coworers
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Hazelwood, MONovember 18, 2014
Management went above and beyond for the team, all positive recommendations on my end.
Busy, Fun work place
Hostess/Server Assistant (Former Employee), Apex, NCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: discounted/free food (while working), management were great! and you got tips!
Cons: sometimes dealing with customers who were very hateful.
The management was great (when I was employeed, not sure now), the employees were great as well. Everyone helped each other out, including the hostess staff. As a hostess I also waited tables on weekends when we were the busiest. I enjoyed working there and the General Manager at the time was great. If the new GM is still the GM he is wonderful as well. The managers (except for the female) were very caring, understanding, and helpful. They were your friend and your boss. It was a great place to work!
Great Place to Work
Cook (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 13, 2014
I really Enjoyed working with this company, Every one worked as a team
Excellent Co-Workers, but Poor Management
CERTIFIED SERVER TRAINER (Former Employee), Altoona, PANovember 13, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, wonderful money, great guests
Cons: poor management and favortism for a few
I loved working at this job!! we had a lot of great times considering we all opened together and for the first 2 years we really spent all of our time together. We were a close knit group and really pulled together when we needed too. Management lets a lot slip thru their fingers as if they don't matter for example a no call no show does not mean being fired, using the remainder of gift cards (stealing from guests) also does not constitute being let go, but not being able to explain ONE appetizer coupon ($6.49) does constitute being let go...other then favoritism from management and soft back bones this job was wonderful!!
The service industry is hard work
Waitress (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXNovember 12, 2014
As a waitress i grew to appreciate how hard a waitress works to provide a good dinner experience for her customers. At Lognhorn Steakhouse was the perfect place for me to learn that. I enjoyed working there
Challenging Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lansing, MINovember 11, 2014
Longhorn Steakhouse is a decent place to work. If you are interested be ready for long days and a high stress environment, such is typical in a restaurant setting. Advancement is always available. It is very challenging if your direct leader is not on the same page as the team, or lacks the necessary leadership qualities to lead such a diverse team.
Professional workplace
Key Employee/Server/Food Runner/Hostess (Former Employee), Viera, FlNovember 6, 2014
I enjoyed working here very much but was excited to expand my horizons.

About Longhorn Steakhouse

Steaks, seafood, ribs, chops, salads and more, prepared with quality ingredients and great hospitality in a warm and inviting – Read more

Longhorn Steakhouse Salaries