Longhorn Steakhouse

Longhorn Steakhouse Employer Reviews

Good promoting oppurtunity
Server (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Have to work extremely hard to move up but very possible to move up
Great place to work.
Server Assistant and Certified Trainer (CT) (Current Employee), Webster, TXSeptember 5, 2014
Working at Longhorn Steakhouse has been a enjoyable, learning, and productive experience. Nearly every coworker gets along well with the other and when necessary provides support and morale for each other.
Good company
Line Chef, Quarterback, Preparation (Former Employee), Flemington, NJSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, experienced staff
Cons: employees treated poorly
Tasks varied from day today, was a weekend warrior. Maintained fast and precise order completion at high volumes. Management was in the growing process and neglected key aspects that would lead to further growth. Co-workers were mostly polite and efficient. Making sure that all orders came out in order and plated correctly. Serving hundreds on a Friday or Saturday night smoothly and cooperatively.
Not that great
Certified Trainer and Line Cook (Former Employee), Richmond VaAugust 31, 2014
Pros: food
Cons: hours, pay
If you like cooking then ok but if your not a fan then this is not for you. long hours, mediocre pay, basically no benefits. good job for a student working through college.
Host (Current Employee), Columbia, MOAugust 27, 2014
I'd come in and do my morning work and just get right to hosting. Managers would tell me anything i needed to know about the day to help me out. I learned some good customer service skills, how to host properly using a computer system and how to bus quickly and cleanly. Managers were really helpful working out a schedule that met my needs and really nice but assertive people. The hardest part of the job was keeping cool under pressure of busy times and getting customers seated where they need to be seated in order to get great service. The best part of the job were the people, there is such a wide variety of people there and they are all so nice that you could get along with anyone. Longhorn steakhouse is a great place to work.
a good starter job , flexible hours
Lead Hostess / Busser (Current Employee), Warrington, PAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: little pay
very busy place to work you are always on your feet running around. It can be very challenging. The pay is not that great, but the people there are fun to work with
HORRIBLE
Server (Former Employee), Buford, GAAugust 25, 2014
Worst place I've ever worked.

HORRIBLE MANAGER

GREAT COWORKERS

Great location

Horrible clientel
sometimes I liked it and other times I hated it
Server assistant/ Host/ Salad Fry/ Prep guy (Former Employee), McDonough, GAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: free sides, discount on employees meals
Cons: health and education benefits could be better
I didn't like the training that went on, they didn't really have people that trained you one way everyone had there own way of doing things. I would learn one way of doing something then they would tell me that it's wrong depending on who all was working that day. I learned how to prep a good amount of items. Also I learned how to work in a very high paced environment.
very bad management
Server (Former Employee), Moraine, OHAugust 19, 2014
lot of drama between management and favoritism. never any hours and never busy
Good for the time
Server/Chef (Former Employee), Athens, GAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: my tips
Cons: tip outs
Great. Don't like you have to tip out bartender, host and buster. Company should pay them not the waitresses. We only make $2.13 an hour I don't understand why we have to give away our hard earn tips.
Fun and energetic place to work
Server (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 14, 2014
I love my management team, they are all very caring managers. My co-workers are all great, we all joke around in the kitchen when we have time and we all have friendships that stem outside of the work place as well. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with disgruntled guest, but most enjoyable part of the shift is making a goes feel special.
Management is poor
dishwasher (Former Employee), Boardman, OHAugust 14, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: management
kitchen manager is a horrible person and doesn't know how to talk to other people as human beings
Great Place to work
Manager (Current Employee), ExtonAugust 6, 2014
Day to Day operations were managing the shift you worked on making sure that employee and guest were happy while maintain company value and standard.
I learned how to manage a business as well as work on employee relationships.
Productive and fun
Line cook (Current Employee), Heath, OHJuly 26, 2014
This job was great. It allowed to work alone or with a great media team.
great place to work
SERVER (Former Employee), Tulsa, OkJuly 23, 2014
school became a veryimportant part of my life, so i had to quit work to be able to focus for a semester
Everything is about the guest.
Manager (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXJuly 20, 2014
Pros: guest
Cons: guest, co-workers
Longhorn Steakhouse has great benefits and pays really well. The hardest part of the job is when the guest doesn't treat your staff with respect and they deserve respect. The best part is the guest that comes in and everything goes perfect at their table and they are amazed at how wonderful your food and service is.
Great management team and a friendly work place to strive in.
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Green Bay WisconsinJuly 17, 2014
Dishwashing through out the shift, keeping track of garbages, kitchen vents above the grilling area must be cleaned every few weeks, maintained clean dish ware and silverware by rinsing all food off the surfaces and placing each item into the dishwasher for cleansing. I learned how to follow through with mundane work while continuing quality effort. The most difficult part of the job was keeping up with a large cascade of dishes at the peak of rush hour on weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with good people, the kitchen staff and management were wonderful.
Challenging restaurant
General Manager-Atlanta (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2014
I worked 55 hours a week.I learned a lot about the culture of Longhorn Steakhouse .Responsible for overseeing all aspects of operations of the restaurant.
good
worker (Current Employee), MIJuly 16, 2014
Fast paced environment. Good corporate support. Lots of good people work here.
Strong advancement opportunities
Staffing & Training Manager (Orland Park) (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILJuly 14, 2014
Darden Restaurant, parent company of LongHorn Steakhouse, is a great company for people looking for advancement.

About Longhorn Steakhouse

Steaks, seafood, ribs, chops, salads and more, prepared with quality ingredients and great hospitality in a warm and inviting – Read more

Longhorn Steakhouse Salaries