Longhorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Okay for a temporary job
Server (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAOctober 4, 2017
This job is okay. Managers do need to be a little better. Many times they come in angry from personal problems and let it out on workers to the point they have made some cry. If there's problems with coworkers and you bring it to their attention it doesn't change. The money for serving is decent. It does get stressful at times. Team work at this location is low so expect to have to do all your side work alone or get yelled at.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Management isn't great
Very Team oriented
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAOctober 3, 2017
Good place to work with great benefits. they really seem to wanna help you grow in every way. The company helps you with school if you'd like. If you have like a death in the family or something and let say you don't have the money for travel they will pay for the plane ticket.
Pros
Best Company benefits I've ever seen, Team players, room to grow in the company
Cons
Each Longhorn is like family and if you don't fit in your treated like an outsider.
Family like environment yet productive and professional
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHOctober 3, 2017
Longhorn steakhouse is a great place to work whether you are looking for a full or part time position. The pay is good as well as benefits. Everyone is friendly and works as a team. I highly recommend Longhorn for a job and I plan on remaining part of the team for years to come.
Pros
Free bread, soup, salad, sides per shift. 1/2 off everything at all darden restaurants
Cons
No set time for end of shift. You are off when they cut you.
High stress, hit-or-miss money days
Server, Team Leader, Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 3, 2017
Like any restaurant job, the money can be very sporadic unless you have many regulars. High stress in a small location but rewarding if you put your heart into it.
Pros
50% off food.
Cons
Low pay, small place, no guaranteed money.
compensation fluxuations
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 2, 2017
I really like the job but your compensation really varied because you worked for tips and some time they were good and sometime they were not good not a good job for security
Pros
schedule
Cons
compensation
Great time
Waitress/Host/ToGo (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 2, 2017
I had a great time when working with longhorn. The cooperate office really cares about their employees, so did the in store managers. I had a great schedule, however, it didn't always cover all bills because you never know what you're going to get tipped.
Pros
Half off during work, 20% off when not working.
Cons
Never a consistant pay check.
Great Place to work
Server, Assistant Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
Great Place to work and would recommend to others. I love all positions I have been trained on and they have great benefits. I plan to further my career there and do other positions.
Pros
discounts, great people
Cons
Fast paced and good environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 30, 2017
Great place to work. Nice management. Professional management. I honestly did not like the hours they gave me. They were short and was always being cut too early.
Pros
Discount food
Cons
Short hours
Love this place!!
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Longhorn steakhouse is one of the best places I have worked. I’ve been there for almost two years and it will be my last job before I graduate from college
Pros
Provides two free sides a day, 50% off on meals
Cons
Short breaks
work
Server (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Great company to work for, been there for years. Unfortunately seeking new employment opportunities due to unprofessional management. Easy money but not worth the stress.
Thankful for my time there.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 26, 2017
I worked there while I put myself through college and the flexible hours there allowed this to happen for me. When I needed money to pay tuition or other bills, all I needed to do was pick up some shifts. The company makes this exceedingly easy to do.
Pros
Flexible hours, discounts
Cons
Limited healthcare, no retirement for servers
Server (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCSeptember 26, 2017
Great place to work everyone wants to work together to have a great shift. i enjoyed coming into work i felt like the managers there were looking out for us and that my co-workers were always willing to help.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
fluctuation of guests due to season or weather.
Fun work place
Hostess and Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 26, 2017
A typical day at work for hosting is just seating people waiting for people to get up from their tables then bussing the table and re-setting the tables making sure everything is clean. The management is great, i like all of my managers a lot. You get paid hourly and plus shared tips. The hardest part is when it gets really busy and it gets stressful. I like all o my coworkers they’re great people.
Pros
50% off meals on shift & 25% off shift with a group up to 8 people
Cons
Sometimes it gets stressful
fun
Host (Former Employee) –  East Point, GASeptember 26, 2017
longhorn was fun. restaurant is a whole another life experience. great money as a host in regards to the fact that you can pick money everyday the day after you have worked. and you also get paid once a week based off your hourly rate of pay. so the money was never the issue. its just a very face paced busy environment, too time consuming for me I liked to take vacations and there is no such thing as PTO here.
nice environment
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 24, 2017
good work place, nice environment, just not financially compensating. some managers were more involved than others. some managers would not ask the workers to do something they would not do
Server
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 24, 2017
I worked as a lunch closer for close to 8 years and I made a lot of money and had a lot of fun. Co-workers and Management were fun and kind and helpful.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Its good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2017
It was good working there. I enjoyed it while I was there. Great work environment. It was fun. I enjoyed myself while I was There. Great people, great food
Pros
Nonne
Competitive good workplace
Hostess/ Waitress/Management/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed working here and would work here again if I relocate again. Alot of opportunities to move up once they see your dedication and competitive attitude
fun place to work at
HEAD WAITRESS / BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHSeptember 19, 2017
awesome employees, great food, great atmosphere and they hand crafted their signature margarirtas. worked there for a long time but now they are in competition with the roadhouse bc they are close to longhorn.
Pros
great food
Cons
management
It was okay
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NJSeptember 19, 2017
It was an okay experience. It is a very busy restaurant that is always packed. Management is focused on table turnover and upsells on different menu items.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longhorn Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.