Longhorn Steakhouse

Longhorn Steakhouse Employer Reviews

Longhorn Server
Server (Current Employee), Southern Pines, NCFebruary 20, 2014
Being a server is alright. Longhorn is a good place to learn.
Enjoyed this job
Waitress (Former Employee), Sandy Springs, GAFebruary 18, 2014
•Communicate directly with customer and maintain a positive attitude to promote an enjoyable experience for guests
•Receive and communicate customer orders to kitchen
•Receive and process customer bill/payment
Outstanding Company, we are like family.
Certified Trainer, Server (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 16, 2014
This position has allowed me to not only to learn on perfecting my trade but also helped to learn how to reach out to others.
Good customer service experience
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Columbia, MOFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: fast paced, cash at hand
Cons: small paychecks, irate customers
If you are wanting to learn about customer experience and being on a set schedule and time frame at work, a restaurant or food handling business is the place to be. You are constantly on the move and need to be sure to do things promptly and correct. After all, this is how you make your living and pay your bills. Your co-workers become a second family – more... to you. You learn to work as a team with others by helping each other carry food and refill drinks. – less
productive and fun workplace
waitress and hostess (Former Employee), richmond vaFebruary 13, 2014
providing excellent customer service on a daily basis over the phone and face to face
offering different items to upsale
pretty easy job nothing hard
opportunities for advancement
FLexible Schedule
Server (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 10, 2014
A typical day would consist of greeting customers and serving to their needs. It can be stressful at times, but the key is to stay calm and collective.
I learned a lot of valuable customer relations skills that I have applied to the military.
The management was excellent, treating everyone with respect and listening to everyone's needs.
I love working for Longhorn, but I don't want to be a server forever.
Skilled certified Darden Trainer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2014
I love working for Longhorn, but I am in school for a reason and I am going to have to move on at some point.
fun place to work
Server (Current Employee), High Point, NCFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: job sercurity
i enjoy working in the company, nothing negative about them. just looking for job sercurity
great benefits
Operations Manager (Current Employee), orland park illinoisFebruary 6, 2014
a great company with unlimited opportunity for all people.
One of the best jobs I have ever had:)
Server (Former Employee), Orlando, FlFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: long lasting frienships, socialization, discounted meals
I worked at Longhorn Steakhouse while attending University of Central Florida. This was probably one of my best jobs and I met some incredible people while working there. I am still close with some of my previous co-workers and look back with very fond memories. I worked at Longhorn for almost five years and was a server for the five years. I worked – more... both the day and evening shift and was a closer on most shifts. I was responsible for making sure that my co-workers were carrying out their duties. I handled a large sum of money at one time and carried it in my server "bank" bag. I communicated with the public and was able to use my serving talent. I left Longhorn because I moved back to Panama City for school. – less
fun place to work and great for those returning to school
Hostess (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: discounts and employee samples
Cons: no advacement at the time
prepping front of restaurant for opening, assiting wait staff with any food running, checking on guest eating, or refilling drinks
Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure
Server/trainer (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJanuary 28, 2014
Attention to detail, and ability to multi-task, and are passionate about providing exceptional customer service,
Nice Experience
Waiter (Current Employee), Waldorf, MDJanuary 28, 2014
Longhorn is a great step into fine dining. great food. great management.
They definitely love their employees.
Server (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2014
We get discounts on every meal and even free meals while at work. If you have a bad night on tips then they automatically pay you minimum wage. They work with you and make sure you know what your doing before they just throw you out there. Very fun and awesome place to work.
Great work environment
Certified Trainer/ Head Line Cook (Former Employee), Perry, GAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: great pay free meals for trainers
Cons: hot
Good atmosphere Requires a lot standingand good people skills.
Good company
Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: nice rsc
Very smart company with big goals and successful people. I really liked the product that they serve and the culture that they try to instill. Clean enviroment for team members and many different ways to better yourself.
Fast Paced, Guest-Orientated company, with opportunity to develop.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, interactions with team members and guest, discounts at other darden restaurants and various retailers.
Cons: work/life balance, long hours
At Longhorn, I learned to be a better leader. Working each day shows you how to manage your time wisely from shift to shift. A typical day as a opening manager starts at 7:30am ensuring the store is clean and ready for inspection, we call it being "TQ Ready". After that doing a daily count of certain products including beef, poultry, and seafood. After – more... getting the prep sheets out for the team members, that's when you start cutting and prepping steaks and seafood for the day (usually start at 8:30am). Then at 10:30am start your line check to make sure the kitchen members have the product for the day on the line, then by 11am you are in the expo window ready to send out great food to the guests. After 2pm, that's when you prep any items left to do, and do any food orders that are to be done that day.

As a mid shift manager, you typically start about 10:30am and you are managing the floor during the first half of your day, looking to make sure guests are being served and making sure servers, bartenders, and service assistants have everything they need to make sure the guests needs are being met. At about 5:30pm, you transition to expo manager making sure the kitchen team members are pushing out great food, fast.

As a closer, your day starts at 3pm. You coming do a effective line check to help the opening manager know what items you will need for the night. You get the bar bank ready for the bartender that night, and then you stay in the dining room and manage the floor doing figure 8's to ensure not only the front of the house is working well but making sure the back of the house is running smoothly. about 30 min to close, you start doing a nightly inventory to count product accurately to make sure the morning prep team, will prep the right amount of product. You ensure each team member is checked out making sure the store is "TQ Ready". – less
High volume business
General Manager (Current Employee), Bowie, MDJanuary 16, 2014
Very high production
High volume business
There is not a "typical day"
great work place
Food Expoditor/Server/Food runner (Current Employee), East Point, GAJanuary 15, 2014
First and fore most when i come in i speak to all guest i cross paths with. I speak to all employees that i cross as well. We set up for the next shift. We make sure all things are in tact so were able to work to the companies standards!
great company
Corporate Trainer, Server, Bartender (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: country music
Excellent place to work from corporate structure all the way down to hosts and bus boys,

About Longhorn Steakhouse

Steaks, seafood, ribs, chops, salads and more, prepared with quality ingredients and great hospitality in a warm and inviting – Read more

Longhorn Steakhouse Photos