Longhorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Time Consuming
Manager (Current Employee) –  Flanders, NJNovember 29, 2016
Being a manager is great. It is long hours and working holidays stinks, but is fun to see the final product. Staffing and scheduling is the hardest part. Dealing with guests and a Saturday dinner rush are the things that come easy.
Pros
Free Meals, Bonuses, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Stock Options
Cons
Long Hours, Holiday work
Decent wages, decent management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTNovember 29, 2016
Good place to work when I got laid off but no way I would make a career out of it, there are some good managers but the negativity around there and the bad managers make it not worth the hassle.
Pros
Discounted meals, always busy.
Cons
Higher management looks over reliable management because one of them is book smart, but not functional, creates a bad team environment.
Number one organization.
Manager Partner (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 28, 2016
Company with a great corporate structure and a attitude of winning. Best in class and best for long career decision. For restaurant companies, probably no one better.
Pros
Financial security
Cons
Non
Productive and fast workplace friendly coworkers
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Lafayette LouisianaNovember 25, 2016
It typical day at the restaurant was pretty much busy throughout the whole shif. How to work at a fast pace, management were pretty understanding people and made it fun to work there. Coworkers or easy to get along with polite and helping people, hardest part about the job word Holiday rushes what I like the most about the job everyone was treated equally
Great starter customer service job, little to no advancement
Server/Certified Culinary Professional/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GANovember 22, 2016
schedule is everchanging and people are some times difficult but very fun and great learning experience. Many positions to learn and a fast paced environment.
Loved my career at Longhorn!!!
Server/Bartender/Trainer/Key Employee (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OhioNovember 14, 2016
I highly recommend Longhorn steakhouse as a fantastic place to work! Excellent product you can actually believe in, casual atmosphere, supportive management, great earning potential, and room for advancement.
Pros
Fun, casual, realaxed, lively
Cons
Sometimes long hours
fun filled job with great people
Server (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2016
one of the best places I've worked at. everyone was very nice and her working. darden the company that owns longhorn is the best company i have ever worked for.
Flexible, great hours, opportunity to make great money
trainer of new employees (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 11, 2016
Serving for this restaurant is a privilege compared to most other places I have worked. The hours are flexible, the staff is friendly, the management style is tough but fair.
Pros
Discounted food, flexibility
Cons
You will get weeded
Not the best structure
Host, Server, Cook, and Manager (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VA; Winchester, VA; Chantilly, VANovember 11, 2016
The structure of management to higher ups like DM ect is lacking not a lot of communication. I saw more managers get fired in my time at longhorn then hourly employees. The managers have no power.
Pros
the people were awesome
Cons
the pay some days you can work and make 300 others you make 30
A very great company with great fresh food and the ambiance is so mello n happy
Server (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 11, 2016
I have worked for this Amazing company going on 3 years in march. I love thos job but remember no job is perfect the most amazing tjing to me other than the food is that u can be yourself with your guests.
Pros
You can be yourself n have fun with your guest.
Busy environment, amazing management
Server/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 11, 2016
The best thing about working for Longhorn Steakhouse is the management team. I have been working for this company since 2014 and was given the opportunity to move up into MIT. This company appreciates those who work hard and do their best and rewards those who take their jobs seriously. I never experienced such a positive and grateful working place.
Pros
Flexible hours, discounted meals, rewarded for hard work
Cons
N/A
Family Oriented Business
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 9, 2016
I love my job, the atmosphere is home-like and you meet great new people everyday. I work with some of the most amicable people there is. Management is great when it comes to the guest and the employees, but they are not that great at running the business. The hardest part of my job is having to be there late night (11pm-12am) I prefer to work a first shift job, but at Longhorn the best time to work is at night. Thats when you make the most money. The most enjoyable part about my job is the smile I get to put on the guest face by giving them outstanding customer service.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
night hours
my days at work
Server (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 9, 2016
A typical day at work is busy and up beat. My staff is very professional. I became a trainer for servers who take pride in their jobs because of our wonderful guests, management team and staff of team players. honestly the hardest part of my is that there isnt one. this is a great company.
Pros
multiple discount
Cons
Productive and great place to learn knife skills
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 9, 2016
My time spent at Longhorns taught me how to be a great grill cook. Also, I was taught on many different knife and cutting skills. The most enjoyable part of my job was working on a Friday night with my grill filled to capacity and without any call backs by the end of the night. I took a lot of pride in that.
Pros
Good place for raises
Cons
Benefits were average to be kind.
Fun workplace but management was awful
Server (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 8, 2016
I enjoyed my co workers and the customer service but the management was horrible. I learned a lot of money handling as well as how to cope in stressful situations.
Good food and staff
SERVER ASSISTANT AND COOK (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 7, 2016
It was a fun place to work and had a lot of positive vibes from the staff, as well as, the guest.The environment was good, but the managers lacked people skills towards the staff at times.
Pros
Free food and decent hours
Cons
Short breaks and mediocre management
productive and fun
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 4, 2016
really good place to work the customers who eat at the longhorn typically know how to tip and as long as your store work as team you should be ok.
Great company and employees.
Server (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 2, 2016
After working for this company for almost 3 years, it stands to say what a class act Longhorn Steakhouse is. Great incentives, great leadership and great money.
Busy stressful work place
SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PA 19465November 1, 2016
I would greet, sit and clean customers tables. The hardest part of the job was how busy it could get and on top of sitting you have to keep up with all the dirty tables.
Great resteraunts gig
Server (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 1, 2016
Customer service focused business. Shifts are typically fast paced, high stress, and physical work that is team oriented. Relatively short shifts with relatively high compensation based on sales ($20/hr average) Duration of shifts is never certain and both hrs and pay are dependent on season. Management gives incentives for exceeding customer service expectations. Fun loving but efficiency critical group of coworkers
Pros
$$$, flexible scheduling, FT benefits, discounts
Cons
Regularly high stress level, uncertain hrs and pay fluctuate with season

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longhorn Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.