Longhorn Village Employee Reviews

Fun workplace and friendly personal
CNA (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 2, 2017
Great experience working at Longhorn Village!, I recommend, great environment, awesome building, good benefits, salary competitive, highly professional at customer care.
Pros
Free Uniforms, gas pay (if employees driving more than 20 miles)
Awesome residents terrible coworkers
N/a (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2016
Let me preface this by saying- the facility is BEAUTIFUL and the residents are amazing. I've grown close to many people who live here, however, the management does not care about their employees. I've dealt with bullying and harassment from coworkers, which lead me to take the high road and simply ignore it. Over the last few months, nothing seemed to be improving, so I went to HR to discuss things. An email was sent to my managers, and all of a sudden, the tables turned on me and it backfired. They never addressed the issue at hand, instead, they chose sides with the employee who has been there much longer. I always went above and beyond in my work and was falsely accused of making mistakes on any given day. With that being said, they're very politically correct and chose sides instead of being objective. I was told to grow thick skin and deal with it, because that's how others "process their stress". This created a toxic work environment for me and others I'm sure. Nothing was resolved. Unfortunately, I dealt with retaliation since the issue.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Too many to name
Horrible place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 31, 2015
Working here will give you thick skin and a sensitive BS detector.

Most important things I learned:

1. The residents are awesome, and the only reason I stayed.
2. Most of management is under qualified.
3. Like favoritism? Perfect place.
3. Also like gossip? Even more of a perfect place.
4. Management only supports management.
Okay, there are too many to possibly write down...Just don't do it. You will regret it.
nice place to work
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2015
co-workers are great. most residents are great. management is good. opportunity for advancement. I wouldn't leave this job if i wasn't relocating
Pros
free meals
Cons
hard to get time off
Great Residents - lousy management overall
Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 27, 2015
Enjoyed working with the residents. Loved serving them.
Long hours. Pay not great. Limited opportunities for advancement.
Very "politically correct". Little praise from most management. Always looking for things that were being done "wrong". Very little appreciation when work was done properly. Oppressive atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunches. Appreciative residents
Cons
Low pay for hard work. Benefits not great.
fun and productive place to work
Chef (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2015
This was a very enjoyable place to work because of the people who live here but also the coworkers everyone was kind and willing to help out if you ever had a problem with anything. You also were allowed to take home great food at the end of the night
Pros
free lunch
Cons
far drive
Retirement Home
Server (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasJanuary 2, 2014
Overall, truly enjoy the residents. Longhorn Village however has been a disappointment for a place to grow professionally and as a positive place to work.
Pros
Wonderful residents, free lunches
Cons
Lack of advancement oppurtunities
Don't do it !!!
LVN assisted living (Former Employee) –  Assisted livingOctober 26, 2013
If you don't mind tons of drama , med errors, no management, positions offered excepted then you are not told they changed their mind and you don't have the position anymore, over 600+ missed phone calls at a nurses station, unhappy resident's families , responsibilities changing daily ,and being lied to....well then I guess apply.
And no, I was not fired I voluntarily quit.
Btw.... they never take their ads off indeed, just
Because they say they need nurses for those positions, it's not true. I was there 4 months they have a in house waiting list for all positions except PRN. This is all true I have emails and text message to back up everything I stated.
Pros
Lots of free time, they all seem to have lots of it .
Cons
Too many to list
Not worth it
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 7, 2013
Terminated for misconduct, because they couldn't find any other way to get me out of there. I was made out to be a trouble maker, though I was one of their best aides. Im attending law school because of this company. Very politically driven company, as they are Texas Exes Association, and clients know that. Not everyone is treated equal.
Pros
Cons
understaffed, too much drama/politics
Longhorn
Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2013
Longhorn Village strives on providing high quality services to seniors. I know they are striving for the best but I do see where profits oversees quality sometimes. Overall the facility is above several I have seen.
Pros
open facility and no micro managing
Cons
the pay rates are not adequate
Retirement Center
Housekeeping Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasMarch 4, 2012
It is a great place to work. They have been accommodating to my school schedule.