Longmont United Hospital Employee Reviews

Positive work atmosphere with management that cares
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 9, 2016
I work with an excellent group of Laboratory employees and managers. I feel comfortable coming into work and know that I am contributing to the patients overall health. I work nights and have enjoyed the intimate relationships with other night shift employees. The most enjoyable part is that I have been able to make relationships with nurses, surgical techs, physicians and patients to learn more about the hospital as a whole. The most difficult part of my job is getting close to patients and their families and learning of, or seeing them pass. I am overall very satisfied with my position as a Lab Assistant.
Pros
I feel import in the healing process with gathering specimens
Cons
The merge with Centura has been a difficult change, many unknowns
Lab Assist
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 10, 2016
• Run simple laboratory tests and handle specimens
• Technical skills require involve running lab machinery, such as autoclave (sterilizing) equipment or a centrifuge
• Skilled at drawing blood successfully in the first draw, while being courteous and friendly to patients.
• Able to collect, receive and process laboratory specimens. Also able to set up cultures.
Wonderful place to work
ICU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COMarch 21, 2014
Usual staffing was with Charge out of care. Patients that were unstable neuro (such as high ICP's) , hypothermia after cardiac arrest, on IABP or CRRT were staffed as a 1:1. Team effort was strong.
Management was easy to talk to and had a open door policy.
The employees and doctors were smart, kind and generally awesome to work with.
The hardest part of the job was generally a high population of patients that were detoxing.
Work balance was easily obtained thru self scheduling. In addition to this, requested days off were promptly denied or permitted.
The nurses frequently got together for social events, camping, skiing, bicycling, snow shoeing etc.
There was constant educational programs to attend and the hospital hosted many of them on site.
Pros
Planetee hospital that gives wonderful care to their patients
Cons
healthcare benefits
hospital itself is fine, laboratory is not very good
Laboratory technician (Former Employee) –  longmont, coloradoFebruary 13, 2013
I had worked as a lab tech in 2 previous jobs prior to moving to Colorado. The person in charge of the job was a nightmare. She had her personnal friends, who were treated very differently than the other employees. These lab techs who were the manager's friends, were elevated to the position of gods. They were rude to patients and made managerial decisions that no lab tech should make.

I have since transferred to the Longmont Clinic and love my job. I would avoid working in the lab at LUH unless the management and interpersonnal relationships between management and employees changes.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
laboratory management very bad
I worked there and found out I wanted to be a nurse.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 3, 2012
While I understand the hospital has changed dramatically since I have worked there this was a very nice place to first figure out my career and then continue with pursuing that career. At that time there was little administrative help in directing me correctly along the path I needed to take. I was curious why the hospital did not take a bigger interest in helping employees who were interested in pursuing a nursing career but rather chose to hire from outside the facility.
Pros
clean, small, good benefits
Cons
very gossipy, no administrative support for advancement
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN PER DIEM (Current Employee) –  PharmacyFebruary 25, 2014
I have worked here for 4 years in two different departments. Everybody is friendly and helpful. Management is understanding, caring and interested in your success in your career. Work days can range from very busy to kind of slow in the Pharmacy, but there is always something that needs to be done.
Pros
great benefits, good hours
Cons
low census at times
Great team atmosphere, the staff here are very easy to work with
Director (Current Employee) –  Longmont ColoradoMarch 10, 2015
Greate Leadership, they want you to be successful and will help you get there. This is one of the first hospitals that prides itself on being patient centered.......really! I can say that everyone tries to do their best and are willing to help others. I love it here.
Pros
Great people, technology is always the best, team atmophere
Cons
Wish they matched more on 401K
Very cliqueish old guard working nights. You are either "in" or "out".
RN (Former Employee) –  ICUMarch 24, 2016
Very mean culture toward newcomers, especially well educated new comers. Make sure you don't stand up for yourself or try to practice according to principles that are standard in other state of the art hospitals because you will pay a heavy price.
Pros
Beautiful facility and easy patient load.
Cons
Mean group of nurses.
Great Dr. and staff. Manager with open door policy. Great benefits.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COSeptember 23, 2013
Dr.'s very open to communication with nurses and assessment of pt's. Manager with open door policy if nurses had any concerns or issues. Staff friendly and worked as a team. Very busy Ortho/Neuro unit with high turnover of pt's. Enjoyed working with staff, pt's and family in a small community.
Pros
Benefits, consistant hours.
Cons
good atmosphere to work in
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CODecember 15, 2015
Typical days included doing routine airway care. Reading through doctors notes and following through with care. Managing critical patients in ICU ,explaining procedures done with patient in mind,
Management was very informative and helpful to me . My coworkers were like family. The hardest part of the job for me was the shift work. Most enjoyable part of my job was the family like atmosphere of the staff of the hospital
Pros
working with such wonderful staff
Cons
shift work
Worked on my own
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 11, 2013
Advanced to Benefits Coordinator within few months. I enjoyed working on my own with the managements trust in my ability to get my job done at my pace each day.
Fantastic Psychiatric Team
Social Worker on the Psychiatric Unit (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 24, 2014
Co-workers became a wonderful team.The pace of work was good and the caring of the team was fantastic .
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Psychiatric unit closed.
Hostile work environment
ICU nurse (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 31, 2015
Worked in the ICU unit of the hospital and found it to be quite a hostile working environment. Difficult to work with co-workers and difficult to please management. Long training period and even after finishing the training still felt as though was not a part of the team. Its a "clicky" type of crew, if you are not one of them you are NOT going to last long there. I could not stay past 7 months. Very hostile crew and management. Some extremely lazy nurses on the nightshift. I personally do not recommend this unit.
Pros
clean, a lot of educational opportunities available
Cons
difficult crew to work with, "clicky" type of environment
wish they hired managers with experience
Receptionist/Office manager (Former Employee) –  LongmontJune 6, 2015
I came in thinking I had landed the perfect job. My coworkers were great. We had a blast and patients loved us. Management had no idea what was going on. No clinical experience and trying to manage medical assistants. They did not know day to day procedure. After leaving , I heard they promoted billing people to manage the clinic. Glad I left. They had no direction. Let's hope they get bought out and changes are made. They are long over due. They let good people walk and were ignorant. Feel sorry for the staff. But I do know some employees finally got smart and left on their own.They recently lost two providers at the clinic once again due to lack of experience. No professional management.human resources was no help if you went to them.
Pros
co workers
Cons
managers are useless.
Planetree
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 3, 2014
This was my first job in health care, a very positive experience. They really focus on the patient center care, the mind, body, and spirit. I was hired as a CNA, to work on the pediatric unit. Management worked with the resources they had to keep their staff happy, and the staff worked well together. I floated quite a bit in the hospital to different floors. Floating was still enjoyable because the staff were very appreciative of me and my help. The hardest part was leaving, but I needed to pursue my nursing career.
Maltreatment and Incompetence
Multiple (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 21, 2015
I worked an aggregate of five years at LUH, and I can in all honesty say that, in 20 years of professional experience, I have never been exposed to as much incompetence, widespread micromanaging or pandemic gossip and conflict as I have here. Departments were overworked and understaffed, management was incredibly unprofessional and often hostile, and negligence and disrespect are not limited to the employees.
Not a good place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 28, 2013
I was hired from Arkansas and was in my job position for only 6 months when the witch hunt began. My supervisor was doing my evaluation when she discovered I was making more money than her and she chose to tell everyone in the Pharmacy what I was making. I worked with a night pharmacist that made up stories about my work ethic. I have been a tech for 32+ years and have never been through anything like this. Three previous technicians have been fired before myself and two pharmacists. I was so happy to be in this wonderful state and so proud to work for a place that I was so proud to be there. Then to be done this way, it has been more than I can stand. I sold everything to move here and now I am homeless and on food stamps. More to the whole story but I hope people get the picture.
Supervisor in the lab is not liked by most of the technologists and laboratory assistants
Laboratory Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 30, 2012
I found working for this laboratory to be the most punitive experience I have ever had. I had worked for 3 other hospital laboratories for a total of 10 years prior to being an employee at Longmont United. In all those years I only recall being reprimanded twice. At this hospital laboratory I was called into my supervisors office at least 5 or more times in the 2+ years I worked there. Sometimes it was for a legitimate reason, but others were so petty!
Pros
nice hospital overall
Cons
i do not recommend the laboratory unless the management has changed
Productive and positve teamwork!
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Longmont, ColoradoApril 28, 2015
Very organized laboratory, all staff work together regardless of their duties within the lab. On a typical morning we have more than 80 blood draws, three of us Phlebotomist tackle it together to get the job done! Excellent patient care as a result to our continued daily teamwork! A 5 star rating!! (The above stars will only let me highlight one star!)
Pros
Freedom to swap shifts without going through management!
Cons
N/A
Healthcare worker (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJuly 13, 2015
Longmont United Hospital was a fun and productive workplace to work at. I learned many new things from working here, advancing my medical terminology. The management was always friendly and if not busy, and the most enjoyable part of my job was transcribing and being able to interact with some of the patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longmont United Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Longmont United Hospital Reviews by Location