Longmont United Hospital Employee Reviews

Great leadership
RN OR Evening Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 23, 2017
A very nice place to work with good employees. Management is fair and are great people. The pay could be better but its ran by Centura. The overall hospital is like one big family.
Longmont
Registered Nurse in the Cath Lab (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 9, 2017
Stocking and ordering supplies, checking the monitors and keeping the rooms stocks. Doing Pre-op, Intra, and post recovery of cases for outpatients, and the intra procedure cases for the inpatients. Continuing education to keep up on skills in the lab.
Pros
Able to take off when you need too.
Cons
Doing call 13 days a month.
Nice slow paced hospital.
Registered Nurse (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 4, 2017
Longmont treats their nurses really well. Never short staffed. Lots of support. Time to spend with your patients. Rarely feel rushed. Good caring staff.
Extremely interesting IT environment, good people
PC/LAN Support Technician III (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COSeptember 22, 2017
We were often challenged to get our hands dirty on any and all IT systems we felt comfortable tackling. The works was variable and very interesting, and the people were fantastic. Good job for people with good work ethics and sense of personal responsibility.
Encouraging learning environment
MBSA STUDENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 28, 2017
I did an internship in the NICU at LUH so I observed patient care and procedures with premature and sick infants. I also observed C-Section surgeries and natural births. I would spend free time as well as one class period every other day shadowing Neonatal Nurse Practitioners and NICU nurses. A typical day was very interesting and informative. I learned a lot about the difference in care of infants and adults. The workplace culture was very encouraging and welcoming. The hardest part of the job was seeing the sick infants, but the most enjoyable was seeing their health improve.
Pros
Gained a lot of knowledge
Cons
Internship so I didn't get paid
Changes
EVS Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJuly 11, 2017
Lots of changes recently in management. Not a bad place to work overall but cost cutting is leading to lots of tension and people leaving. Starting to feel too corporate.
great workplace
Staff Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 22, 2017
Patient-centered care enhanced by Planetree philosophy which emphasizes whole-person care for the patient in a medical setting.
Interdisciplinary teams for collaborative approach and improved patient experience.
team work, friendly atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 9, 2017
Love this job and facility. I would not leave if we weren't moving.
Staff help each other out. Friendly, kind helpful peers. Great benefits. Clean, epic charting.
Clinical Site
Radiological Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 5, 2017
I enjoyed the clinical time that I spent at LUH. The staff was friendly and helpful in answering questions. One of the better hospitals that I did clinical hours.
Pros
Friendly staff, always willing to help each other
Cons
Commute
Great
Lead Histotecnologist (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 3, 2017
A great place to work. Progressive, open to new processes and ideas to improve patient care. Being a Plain Tree Hospital at the time it made cooperation between departments easy and open
Pros
Great Dr's to work with, up-dated equipment
Cons
difficult to be promoted in the same department.
Good manager, good co-workers and a good place to work.
PBX Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 22, 2017
operates the Cisco switchboard, took calls from families, doctors, nurses, patients and vendors. Took calls for Centura Health clinics.Did overhead codes.
Pros
a Good place to work
awesome!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COMarch 21, 2017
I would recommend LUH or any medical location for youth to volunteer at. It looks good on resumes. Its fun, you get to learn a lot and interact with hospital staff and patients.
Pros
fun
Cons
Was a pleasant place to work.
Valet (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CO 80501March 7, 2017
Valet cars at medical building. Met lots of nice people. Helped lots of people with disabilities out and in their cars. Loved talking to everyone and they liked talking to me.
Small hospital excellent care
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 21, 2017
Longmont Community Hospital wasn't the largest hospital I've worked at but it did have a staff with the largest hearts. The pace wasn't hectic but busy all of the physicians were very competent as was the staff.
worked on med surg and telemetry units as staff nurse
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 2, 2017
I liked working at LUH. I learned early in my nursing career that changes were going to be part of the culture of this profession and this hospital worked hard to prepare its employees.
Family like environment
Manager of Patient Safety (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 21, 2017
Great place to work, provides the feeling of working for a family and provides great patient care. I have learned a lot while working here.
Lab Assist
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 10, 2016
• Run simple laboratory tests and handle specimens
• Technical skills require involve running lab machinery, such as autoclave (sterilizing) equipment or a centrifuge
• Skilled at drawing blood successfully in the first draw, while being courteous and friendly to patients.
• Able to collect, receive and process laboratory specimens. Also able to set up cultures.
Positive work atmosphere with management that cares
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 9, 2016
I work with an excellent group of Laboratory employees and managers. I feel comfortable coming into work and know that I am contributing to the patients overall health. I work nights and have enjoyed the intimate relationships with other night shift employees. The most enjoyable part is that I have been able to make relationships with nurses, surgical techs, physicians and patients to learn more about the hospital as a whole. The most difficult part of my job is getting close to patients and their families and learning of, or seeing them pass. I am overall very satisfied with my position as a Lab Assistant.
Pros
I feel import in the healing process with gathering specimens
Cons
The merge with Centura has been a difficult change, many unknowns
Very cliqueish old guard working nights. You are either "in" or "out".
RN (Former Employee) –  ICUMarch 24, 2016
Very mean culture toward newcomers, especially well educated new comers. Make sure you don't stand up for yourself or try to practice according to principles that are standard in other state of the art hospitals because you will pay a heavy price.
Pros
Beautiful facility and easy patient load.
Cons
Mean group of nurses.
Enjoyable place to work.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 20, 2016
LUH is a great place to work. Communication with management is a little rough working overnights, but we work with what we have to. The other overnight staff in the ER, ie techs/nurses/doctors, treat registration as part of their team which makes it a nice flow to do our jobs and feel appreciated.
Cons
Un-covered breaks, typically just don't take an official break.