LONGO TOYOTA

LONGO TOYOTA Employer Reviews

very fast paced place to work
detailer (Current Employee), el monteOctober 16, 2014
non stop work. constantly busy. company is so larger personalities are bound to clash
Good company to work for
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), El Monte, CaOctober 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I am a Sales Consultant and have been with Longo for about four months. So far this is one of the best companies to work for.

One of the hardest parts of this position is the hiring process. There are a lot of candidates that apply for this position and only a few get selected. The whole hiring process took me 3-4 weeks. Some candidates in different – more... departments took months to get hired. I had to go through several interviews: I talked to 3 sales managers, one with the general sales director and one with the general manager. After, I had to take an online assessment which consist of two parts:
first section is 10 minutes testing on knowledge like
-patterns 2,4,6 _?, 1/3 of 75 is?
-what is the opposite of good..... etc

second section was about company fit like
-How well do you work in teams?
-How well can you multitask?
-How well can you solve problems?

From what I heard, the assessment is another consideration. I don't know what exactly Longo looks for on the assessment. I knew people who applied and didn't get hired because of it.
Also, the manager who considered me called all my references and asked about my performance. I did have prior car sales experience(6 months at Nissan). I really didn't think I was going to get hired because of my short experience and people told me Longo only hires people with lots of experience. During the interview, I stressed how even though I wasn't top salesman, I enjoyed helping customers. So bottom line is you really don't need much experience to be a car salesman at Longo. By the way, I am only 22 years old, recently graduated with a degree in Business.

Hardest part of the job is long hours. If you want to make money, you have to commit to staying late nights and working weekends.

Company culture is awesome. Everyone always smile and wave to each other. Also, if I didn't know something, there was always someone to help me. All the managers are willing to help if you ask.

Good benefits and 401k.

Has a gym and college downstairs.

Free company lunches once every month.

Pay is good for someone who just recently graduated from college. Pay is really dependent on the cars you sell. Sell more, make more. – less
Business Office management is unrealistic, Really temp-to hire
Contract Clerk (Former Employee), El Monte, CAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: monthly bbqs, good benefits
Cons: management, do not keep their word
I applied online for a position which was full time and with a certain pay. When I got hired they said I would be "temping" for just ONE MONTH with the pay from my previous job (which was not what it was advertised as). I agreed because I believed in their word that I would get hired and get my raise in one month. Surely that did not happen. I had to – more... keep following up. The management at the business office is horrible! She wants you to work at the fastest pace and nags about every little thing she sees at your desk. She gives horrible critiques that make you feel like you are not valued and not worth working for her. I had never felt so unappreciated in my life! I could no longer stand working under her supervision. Beware the business office! THIS JOB IS ACTUALLY TEMP TO HIRE, BEWARE! THEY WILL NOT START THE PAY RATE AS WHAT IT IS ADVERTISED! YOU HAVE TO WORK THROUGH AN AGENCY FIRST. – less
Largest Toyota Dealership
Ca, Payroll Manager (Former Employee), ElMonte< CaliforniaSeptember 22, 2013
Managed two payroll clerks for 350 employees
there were 35 managers for 24 hour store and was a enjoyable place to work
Rewarding and Fun
Service Concierge (Current Employee), El Monte, CaJune 16, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunches, 1/2 off service and parts, and 3 weeks of vacation.
Cons: have to pay 60% of medical, work on the weekends
Start at 10:30, and greet guests and see if they have any questions.
I was taught how to manage a team and work as a team.
The people i work with are amazing and always working.
Sale representative (Former Employee), El Monte, CASeptember 7, 2012
Not the best, weren't that organized , Took me a long time to figure out how the company was ran, My department needed to be managed better.

About LONGO TOYOTA

Penske, headed by race-car legend Roger Penske,¬†appears to be on the right track as a diversified transportation firm. Penske – Read more