We are looking for a dynamic, self-starter with experience in the pharmacy billing specialist, order entry or medical records field for our Portland/Milwaukie area Institutional Pharmacy.
The Pharmacy Billing Specialist Technician processing Prior Authorization and collections include calling and sending letters on accounts past due. The Data Entry Technician enters orders and maintains customer profiles for the long term care communities that we serve. Data entry works closely with the medical records team to assure data they generate is accurately portrayed on pharmacy generated medical records component of customer charts at the facilities serviced by our pharmacy. Data entry team members process new as well as refill orders, triage workflow, generate and bill claims, and communicate about the disposition of orders with the customers we serve. As a team member, you will prioritize customer support and contribute to problem solving and solution generating on how best to meet our growing customer base's needs.
SAMPLE OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prioritize daily workflow queues.
- Familiar Collections calling and sending letters on accounts past due.
- Follow up pharmacy procedures for urgent forms and communication to facility staff and family.
- Billing notification, notify Supervisor, Lead Technician or RPh of problem situations unable to be resolved.
- Enters all medication and non-medication orders into customer specific profiles for assigned facilities. Checks new admit, makes corrections, and deletes duplicate orders.
- Responsibilities may include inputting of diagnosis and other non-medical orders.
- Work with team members to meet goals and daily deadlines
- Maintain professional association with assigned facilities and their staff
- Must have the ability to multi-task. Attention to detail is important
- Assist in cross training new pharmacy billing, data entry and medical record personnel.
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary. Full job description available upon request.
EDUCATION, QULIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- High school education or its equivalent.
- The successful applicant will be required to have a current Oregon Pharmacy Technician's license and National Pharmacy Certification.
- General knowledge of pharmacy requirements.
- Excellent customer services skill.
- Ability to perform accurately and efficiently when imputing information.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time working on a computer.
- Intermediate typing/keyboarding skills. Excellent telephone skills are needed to be successful in these positions.
Shift 8am - 5:30pm first month of training, then schedule becomes flexible.