LongView International Technology Solutions Inc.

LongView International Technology Solutions Inc. Employee Reviews

Small-Company Feel with Large Opportunity
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 20, 2017
This company allows for self-motivated, talented individuals to progress in their careers without imposing any limitations. Almost all of the executives have grown into their roles and been promoted quickly in the company. Some employees who are used to a system with a very rigid, prescribed growth path and structure may not fit in well here.
LongView is a great place to work!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 11, 2017
LongView is a great place to work. It operates very streamlined and pragmatically in making important corporate decisions, without a lot of the extraneous bureaucracy that you see at so many firms. The company culture is fantastic-- great people, professional, very positive and wonderfully free of internal politics. The company goes out of its way to spend the extra time to find candidates that are true company cultural fits. People are given opportunities to grow in their careers. In the year that I have worked at LongView, I have seen a number of people promoted from within, including myself. After working for several Government contracting firms around the beltway, LongView is a breath of fresh air and a company I can honestly say I love working for. I don't know many (if any) people that share the same feelings about where they work these days.
Rewarding
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  HerndonNovember 8, 2017
I have worked at LongView for over 3 years and have found the people and my role rewarding. The company provides opportunities for advancement and provides training for employment growth. The corporate office always seems to have some type of social event planned and always has a great turnout for these fun events.
Pros
Training, Social Events, Competitive Compensation
normal workday
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJune 10, 2017
This company gave many opportunities to move up. The only problem was that they only had temporary positions available. I unfortunately along with others didn't get hired full time. The day consisted of entering data and organizing data all day.
Pros
your own cubicle, a kitchen
Cons
short breaks
Dysfunctional Environment
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 7, 2016
No structure, dysfunctional. Lack of professionalism at many levels.
I was hired to take over a manager position from someone who supposedly was moving up to a different one. In reality this person did not want to really move on, and would delay the transition process, and holds back information while training; unfortunately she wasn't alone. The CFO seemed to be comfortable with the way things were, Controller is not an employee, he is a consultant, so does not have much leverage. Controller and CFO cannot see eye to eye on how to run the department, there is constant friction between them.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
If you didn't have someone to favor you, no job security
Poor Leadership and NO teamwork
Disenheartned Employee (Current Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 17, 2015
While they may lure you in with a higher salary, do not ever feel that you are indispensable. The CEO is more concerned with his other ventures than this company and the people he has left working for him are mostly out playing golf and ensuring their own success. Your work is not appreciated and information is kept secret. A mostly empty office full of over-worked and under-thanked people. No morale and no room to grow.
Pros
you can "work from home" whenever you want and barely have to show up
Cons
disorganized, no direction, and self-serving people.
Typical/ Not a terrible place
Admin (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 21, 2015
LV is a typical government contractor.
We win awards and we celebrate! We don't win awards and some get laid off. It is the way of the business. 90% of the employees are good people.
Pros
great location
Cons
top heavy organization
Good Experience
VCE IT Support Engineer/AV Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington DCMarch 24, 2015
My Boss has made it amazing for me. I do know others outside of my group aren't too happy, but my group is awesome.

I can work from various sites, i am listened to, my concerns are considered and sometimes implemented.
Pros
Work life balance
Productive, and engaging
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 12, 2015
Working at Longview allowed for me to improve my interpersonal skills by communicating with those who came into the office. This job also allowed for me to improve my computer skills, because quite a bit of the job entailed working on the computer.
Pros
Working with others.
Ok
Sr. Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 28, 2014
Management allows individuals without proper training to prove themselves in positions that they wouldn't otherwise qualify for. Risky - sometimes it works out. Sometimes it doesn't. Time will tell.
Pros
Gives novices a chance
Cons
Puts contract performance at risk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LongView International Technology Solutions Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

LongView International Technology Solutions Inc. Reviews by Location