Longview Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Busy
Hostess (Former Employee) –  400 North 4th StSeptember 4, 2017
I really enjoyed working at this place as a hostesses. Very busy and enjoyed meeting new patients and I always put a smile on there face. It was only temporary but I really enjoyed working there.
stressful and fast paced
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 28, 2017
Looking back it was a nice place to work but difficult to get your issues addressed. Managers are great people with their hands tied by the nature of the business.
Good small hospital
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 19, 2017
Good work life balance, expectations are clearly laid out, great little city of Longview TX with everything you may need without the traffic. Productivity standards are fair. I'm just PRN though.
Longview Regional has a wonderful labor and delivery facility with great nurses, management and up to date equipment. The physicians are a pleasure.
Labor and Delivery Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 30, 2017
I would highly recommend this facility to anyone seeking a place to work in labor and delivery. Updated, ample amount of supplies, great nursing staff, management, and excellent physicians.
Pros
Self scheduling, great facility overall.
Cons
Sometimes understaffed
Reliable hours, good coworkers, and minimal raises.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 20, 2017
Great work environment. Minimal raises given yearly. The rest of this is just filler space- the minimal required characters have not yet been met. Thank you!
Great family orientated beliefs.
Facility Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 31, 2017
Awesome work family. We work hard together and we have fun events together. Slow or no promotion. Assisting direct supervisor with any task at hand. Everybody says hello to each other. Most enjoyable part of the day is having lunch with the boss and almost all of the coworkers in my department.
Productive and professional
Student intern (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 22, 2017
I interned at LRMC in the Case Management department for a semester. Everyone was very competent professionals. They created an productive and safe environment for me to learn.
Loved working at LRH
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 8, 2017
I loved my job at HVU.
Great mangement team.
Working nights was not meant for me at this time in my life. Would have loved to transfer within company.
Pros
People
Cons
Nights
nice place to work
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 6, 2017
i do not remember much about this employer
i just remember wanting a full time position and it was never offered to me. They hired their own people.
that is the reason i left.
productive
Intern/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 5, 2017
Nice place to work. Friendly staff. excellent management. The culture is well balance. It i typically orderly and a fast pace functioning facility. Overall recommended.
Learned a lot here
Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 5, 2017
This was my first job I ever had. I learned so much at this facility that I will cherish forever. My Med/Surg manager was a whack job. The nursing staff was understaffed and severely underpaid.
knowledgable and work advancement opportunities
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 4, 2017
At the beginning of a shift, you will receive report. Then you will go to assess and monitor your patients. once done with that, you will chart and pass meds. Answer call lights and phone calls. At the end of the day, you will give report to the oncoming nurse. Being my first nursing job, I learned how to lead and become a successful patient caregiver. I learned how to time manage and organize.
Great environment for learning
ED Tech Entermidrate EMT (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 16, 2017
A wonderful environment to learn and perfect your skills within the ER. The staff was very proffesional when doing pt care in a timely manner.
Great place to work with awesome benefits and co-workers who care.
Posting and Reimbursement Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 28, 2016
From clinical to non-clinical support staff, LRMC was an enjoyable place to work for the 6 years I was there. Management always willing to listen and help out when needed. Great opportunities for advancement.
Volunteer work at LRMC provides much psychic income, i.e., helping people in need.
Hospital Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 18, 2016
LRMC offers much psychic income. Clean and safe environment. Skilled and helpful staff. LRMC management receptive to employee suggestions for improvement.
The best work environment
Birth Certificate Secretary (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 27, 2016
insurance billing, filing/coping, took payments in person and over the phone, sent out collection letters. Spent most of my day behind a computer using medisoft program entering new charges as well as insurance information. I learned to be self motivated. I assisted others in the office when my work was completed for the day. The ladies I worked with where very helpful and made our work day fun. I can't say work was hard. I loved every minute of it. I can say it was a VERY sad day when the doctor decided to retire.
Pros
Loved my job and everything about it.
Cons
I can't think of even one con to this job.
Excellent place to work!!!
Registered Nurse Circulator, RN PACU (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 20, 2016
I've been an employee/RN here for several years and the staff is professional and very well trained and equipped for patient care. Most everyone that I've worked with here has a wonderful personality and are team players!! It's been great.
Pros
Great doctor/staff work relationship and management
Cons
Not much room for promotions/advancent, Short breaks
good place
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Longview,TXOctober 21, 2015
I have enjoyed working for LRMC. Good place to work. Director of respiratory department is always willing to listen and help you in any way possible
Good balance between work and enjoyment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 8, 2015
I worked at Longview Regional Medical Center in Longview, Texas for a little over one year. On my unit we worked with pediatrics, postpartum and gyn surgery patients post op. The work atmosphere was very active yet calm, which I loved. There was not a lot of noise on our unit, and we had every age patient on our floor, so it was very family like. I love that! My passion is mostly working with postpartum and pediatric patients, although I loved the sweet ladies I helped after gyn surgery. My boss was very hard working and oftentimes worked a shift along side us. My coworkers were very supportive. We worked together well on the unit. I enjoyed my work there! I learned to much about computerized documentation on two different systems, much about medication administration, very much about communication with physicians, initiating iv's on pediatric patients, electronic medication administration usage.
Pros
bonus for extra shifts, free meal tickets
Congenial, growing community hospital
STAFF PATHOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 19, 2015
Relaxed pace, congenial co-workers, good quality of life. Hospital is growing. Community is family oriented with strong area economic growth. Health care is excellent.
Pros
Doctor's dining room is very good.