Longview Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work!!!
Registered Nurse Circulator, RN PACU (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 20, 2016
I've been an employee/RN here for several years and the staff is professional and very well trained and equipped for patient care. Most everyone that I've worked with here has a wonderful personality and are team players!! It's been great.
Pros
Great doctor/staff work relationship and management
Cons
Not much room for promotions/advancent, Short breaks
Good balance between work and enjoyment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 8, 2015
I worked at Longview Regional Medical Center in Longview, Texas for a little over one year. On my unit we worked with pediatrics, postpartum and gyn surgery patients post op. The work atmosphere was very active yet calm, which I loved. There was not a lot of noise on our unit, and we had every age patient on our floor, so it was very family like. I love that! My passion is mostly working with postpartum and pediatric patients, although I loved the sweet ladies I helped after gyn surgery. My boss was very hard working and oftentimes worked a shift along side us. My coworkers were very supportive. We worked together well on the unit. I enjoyed my work there! I learned to much about computerized documentation on two different systems, much about medication administration, very much about communication with physicians, initiating iv's on pediatric patients, electronic medication administration usage.
Pros
bonus for extra shifts, free meal tickets
good place
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Longview,TXOctober 21, 2015
I have enjoyed working for LRMC. Good place to work. Director of respiratory department is always willing to listen and help you in any way possible
healthcare facilities
Tech I (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 30, 2015
Working for LRMC was a great experience for me I got to enteract with the doctors,employees, families.Became friends with alot of people young and old. The greatest aspect I learned that everyday isnt a GOOD day for must people. By being spiritual I know how to talk with people that are feeling down.there was nothing hard about my job I just hated Nacho day. Our management team were a wonderful group of people there wasnt nuthing you couldn't talk to them about.
Pros
lunches were free
Cons
shortbreaks
Congenial, growing community hospital
STAFF PATHOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 19, 2015
Relaxed pace, congenial co-workers, good quality of life. Hospital is growing. Community is family oriented with strong area economic growth. Health care is excellent.
Pros
Doctor's dining room is very good.
A day as an educator
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 13, 2014
A typical day at work includes working Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. My morning consists of reviewing charts and documentation on the patients on the unit. I then will audit devices used on patients. I participate in a huddle that takes place every morning at 10 am with administration to talk about and safety issues that may arise during the day. I then return back to the floor and educate the staff on the unit. I also help with bedside care, because I love patient interaction, nurse interaction. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the new hires grow and learn with my help. The hardest part of my job is being in management.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
managment
Work load is challeging but not overwhelming
Insurance Verification Representative (Current Employee) –  longviewMay 4, 2014
I work all reports for the next days workload, answer any incoming
calls and call patients for incoming surgeries about up coming cost.
I have learned out to handle agitated patients with more finesse and how to work under pressure. Management is very family friendly but at times is too lenient. The hardest part of the job is working in a room with a lot of people and there being no structure to the day. I enjoy helping the patients out the most, taking that extra step just to make someone else day go a little smoother.
Pros
surgery writeoffs
Cons
medical benefits and pay
Longview regional medical center
Respiratory Therapist/Director of Respiratory Care (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 2, 2014
I loved working for this facility. I started as a staff therapist a quickly rose to be the Director of the Respiratory care department and rebuilt the sleep lab. I redesigned the sleep lab for a ineffective 1 bed lab to a more profitable and streamlined 4 bed sleep lab. Within 6 months after taking on the position my staff and I had a JACHO inspection with zero deficiencies. During this same time our A.B.G. lab passed our CLIA certification. We had a great team and an awesome support system from the front office. The local new stations took notice and put our facility on the map.
Pros
great staff and upper managment
Cons
not enough time in the day it was a little longer of a drive but it was worth it
Rn floor nurse
RN (Current Employee) –  longview,txDecember 18, 2012
I work at LRMC for years. The nursing unit I was on was very busy. A lot of good learning opportunities, and a positive group of coworkers on the floor. The staffing is aweful as one shift we had 7 pts to one nurse and one cna to cover the whole unit with 21 surgery patients. When you complain about staffing or ask for help, management or house supervisors labels you as negative. This is a for profit hospital, so the staffing is tight and management enforces that.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management, house supervisors, staffing is tight
Excellent Off site Mammography exams
Radiology and Mammography Asst/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 25, 2013
Provided excellent medical care Top notch employees. Wanted
to work there till I retired but Mammography Dept closed.
No one there would help me find another position.
The hardest part of the job was the Mobile Mammography machine
was notl very mobile. Extremely heavy to push and pull into van and off site areas. Still provided the best exams possible.
Pros
working with the patients
Cons
filing
Fun and laid back enviroment
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 6, 2014
a typical work day consist of loading and unloading patient films. Delivery of films to doctors and clinics. Management couldn't be more enjoyable than the radiology department. I don't recall any part of the job being hard. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the enteraction of co workers.
Excellent place to work
Patient Account Rep/Managed Care Collector (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 9, 2014
worked and tracked all worked accounts and ensured insurance paid timely and according to contract. Correspondence, verify insurance info to be accurate an authorizations are
Pros
employee discounts on hospital services
Cons
short lunch times
Excellent place for employment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 21, 2013
very long hours for a single parent. my managers and director are people I look up to. my co workers are like family. I have worked for this facility for a long time. the hours are very hard on me being a single parent.
Pros
all good
Cons
16 hour days
Great place to work, excellent benefit package.
HR Generalist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 24, 2014
The best part about my job was to bring qualified employees to a facility that truly cares about their new family members.
Pros
discounted meals, charge meals and coffee shop
A mature culture of team work, patient care excellence, and valued employess
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 1, 2013
Great place to work...benefits like no other. Great PI dept that brought the organzation to a new level.
benefits
Cons
fast growing..corp owned
Great coworkers and job
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  longview texasJuly 28, 2014
Coworkers are great and always willing to help when your in need. Management doesn't always listen or provided enough equipment, but overall a good place to work.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
Fast pace work environment
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 7, 2012
In the 10 years I worked for this Medical Center, I learned so much and had a great growth opportunity. They have a great culture and great people to work with.
Pros
culture
Exciting to be a part of a growing hospital
Emergency Room Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 21, 2012
Exciting to be a part of a growing hospital. We are undergoing a 3 yr construction and expansion project.
Pros
perks from hr, discounts
Cons
n/a
Good nurses
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 3, 2014
I enjoyed working here, but my only problem with this facility was that there was a lot of gossip going around on the unit I worked on between employees.
good place to work
RN-Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 13, 2014
Facility is going through a lot of changes with expansion. Patient care is the most enjoyable part of my job. There is a lot of employee turn over right now.

Longview Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location