Longview Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place to work with awesome benefits and co-workers who care.
Posting and Reimbursement Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 28, 2016
From clinical to non-clinical support staff, LRMC was an enjoyable place to work for the 6 years I was there. Management always willing to listen and help out when needed. Great opportunities for advancement.
Volunteer work at LRMC provides much psychic income, i.e., helping people in need.
Hospital Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 18, 2016
LRMC offers much psychic income. Clean and safe environment. Skilled and helpful staff. LRMC management receptive to employee suggestions for improvement.
The best work environment
Birth Certificate Secretary (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 27, 2016
insurance billing, filing/coping, took payments in person and over the phone, sent out collection letters. Spent most of my day behind a computer using medisoft program entering new charges as well as insurance information. I learned to be self motivated. I assisted others in the office when my work was completed for the day. The ladies I worked with where very helpful and made our work day fun. I can't say work was hard. I loved every minute of it. I can say it was a VERY sad day when the doctor decided to retire.
Pros
Loved my job and everything about it.
Cons
I can't think of even one con to this job.
Excellent place to work!!!
Registered Nurse Circulator, RN PACU (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 20, 2016
I've been an employee/RN here for several years and the staff is professional and very well trained and equipped for patient care. Most everyone that I've worked with here has a wonderful personality and are team players!! It's been great.
Pros
Great doctor/staff work relationship and management
Cons
Not much room for promotions/advancent, Short breaks
good place
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Longview,TXOctober 21, 2015
I have enjoyed working for LRMC. Good place to work. Director of respiratory department is always willing to listen and help you in any way possible
Good balance between work and enjoyment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 8, 2015
I worked at Longview Regional Medical Center in Longview, Texas for a little over one year. On my unit we worked with pediatrics, postpartum and gyn surgery patients post op. The work atmosphere was very active yet calm, which I loved. There was not a lot of noise on our unit, and we had every age patient on our floor, so it was very family like. I love that! My passion is mostly working with postpartum and pediatric patients, although I loved the sweet ladies I helped after gyn surgery. My boss was very hard working and oftentimes worked a shift along side us. My coworkers were very supportive. We worked together well on the unit. I enjoyed my work there! I learned to much about computerized documentation on two different systems, much about medication administration, very much about communication with physicians, initiating iv's on pediatric patients, electronic medication administration usage.
Pros
bonus for extra shifts, free meal tickets
Congenial, growing community hospital
STAFF PATHOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 19, 2015
Relaxed pace, congenial co-workers, good quality of life. Hospital is growing. Community is family oriented with strong area economic growth. Health care is excellent.
Pros
Doctor's dining room is very good.
healthcare facilities
Tech I (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 30, 2015
Working for LRMC was a great experience for me I got to enteract with the doctors,employees, families.Became friends with alot of people young and old. The greatest aspect I learned that everyday isnt a GOOD day for must people. By being spiritual I know how to talk with people that are feeling down.there was nothing hard about my job I just hated Nacho day. Our management team were a wonderful group of people there wasnt nuthing you couldn't talk to them about.
Pros
lunches were free
Cons
shortbreaks
A day as an educator
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 13, 2014
A typical day at work includes working Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. My morning consists of reviewing charts and documentation on the patients on the unit. I then will audit devices used on patients. I participate in a huddle that takes place every morning at 10 am with administration to talk about and safety issues that may arise during the day. I then return back to the floor and educate the staff on the unit. I also help with bedside care, because I love patient interaction, nurse interaction. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the new hires grow and learn with my help. The hardest part of my job is being in management.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
managment
Fun and laid back enviroment
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 6, 2014
a typical work day consist of loading and unloading patient films. Delivery of films to doctors and clinics. Management couldn't be more enjoyable than the radiology department. I don't recall any part of the job being hard. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the enteraction of co workers.
Great coworkers and job
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  longview texasJuly 28, 2014
Coworkers are great and always willing to help when your in need. Management doesn't always listen or provided enough equipment, but overall a good place to work.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
management
good place to work
RN-Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 13, 2014
Facility is going through a lot of changes with expansion. Patient care is the most enjoyable part of my job. There is a lot of employee turn over right now.
ER registration BEWARE
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 20, 2014
Your job is to sign people into the ER and then go into their rooms to collect their demographic and financial information and copay. This may not seem too demanding but whenever there are 10 to 15 people an hour and you were also expected to fix everything for everyone else in the hospital it is very challenging. Any time something goes wrong on any floor we are called to fix it, and not all RN's are respectful. On top of the unrealistic workload the management is also poor. The ER registration supervisor is only tolerable if you're her best friend and you go out drinking with her. She brings her personal life to work and takes it out on you. She will be very polite in her office in private but she will scream and yell and belittle in front of doctors/nurses/anyone watching. If you're not her best friend you will be treated poorly and you will be expected to work twice as hard when her favorites don't finish the work on their shift. on top of it all you are expected to complete what could easily be 3 people's workload in 8 hours before your shift ends. The pay is good the benefits are great but overall it's not worth it.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
Favoritism, nepotism, unrealistic work load
Work load is challeging but not overwhelming
Insurance Verification Representative (Current Employee) –  longviewMay 4, 2014
I work all reports for the next days workload, answer any incoming
calls and call patients for incoming surgeries about up coming cost.
I have learned out to handle agitated patients with more finesse and how to work under pressure. Management is very family friendly but at times is too lenient. The hardest part of the job is working in a room with a lot of people and there being no structure to the day. I enjoy helping the patients out the most, taking that extra step just to make someone else day go a little smoother.
Pros
Surgery writeoffs
Cons
Medical benefits and pay
Great place to work, excellent benefit package.
HR Generalist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 24, 2014
The best part about my job was to bring qualified employees to a facility that truly cares about their new family members.
Pros
Discounted meals, charge meals and coffee shop
Good nurses
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 3, 2014
I enjoyed working here, but my only problem with this facility was that there was a lot of gossip going around on the unit I worked on between employees.
Longview regional medical center
Respiratory Therapist/Director of Respiratory Care (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 2, 2014
I loved working for this facility. I started as a staff therapist a quickly rose to be the Director of the Respiratory care department and rebuilt the sleep lab. I redesigned the sleep lab for a ineffective 1 bed lab to a more profitable and streamlined 4 bed sleep lab. Within 6 months after taking on the position my staff and I had a JACHO inspection with zero deficiencies. During this same time our A.B.G. lab passed our CLIA certification. We had a great team and an awesome support system from the front office. The local new stations took notice and put our facility on the map.
Pros
great staff and upper managment
Cons
not enough time in the day it was a little longer of a drive but it was worth it
Excellent place to work
Patient Account Rep/Managed Care Collector (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 9, 2014
worked and tracked all worked accounts and ensured insurance paid timely and according to contract. Correspondence, verify insurance info to be accurate an authorizations are
Pros
employee discounts on hospital services
Cons
short lunch times
Productive, rewarding, great place to work.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 28, 2013
A typical day at work entails logging on to my computer, checking calendars of bosses, checking and responding to personal e-mail and boss' e-mail, abstracting pertinent information from
newspaper for boss, opening and sorting snail mail,answering the phone, greeting all who come into the administrative office, making copies, scanning and sending faxes as needed, taking minutes at daily meetings, processing invoices, logging requests for information,logging employees' time for payroll,preparing for next meeting arranging food, meeting room, speakers, etc., making travel arrangements for boss and others, keeping organizational chart, disaster roster and leadership rosters up to date.

I've learned to prioritize my "to do list" doing the most urgent and important first.

Management is great about not micromanaging but giving clear expectations and deadlines and leaving the rest up to employee.

Co-workers show respect and are helpful and team players.

Hardest part of my job is taking complaints when the patient advocate is not available.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being helpful to my boss in whatever way I am needed and can help.
Pros
Great company benefits such as insurance, paid time off, sick leave, 401k, opportunity to interact and help people from all walks of life.
....
EMERGENCY ROOM PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 30, 2013
The management is wonderful, they will work with you on making you happy at your job.
Pros
.....
Cons
.....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longview Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Longview Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location