The Longwood Medical Area Child Care Center (LMACCC) is looking for a full-time Staff Assistant who is available to work flexible 8 hour daily shifts Monday through Friday between 6:30am and 6:00pm. The LMACCC offers a nurturing environment that supports each child's social, emotional, physical and cognitive development. Approximately 96 children are enrolled, including infants from 2 months old to children age 5. A warm caring staff, all certified by the Department of Early Education and Care, address each child's needs, and implement appropriate, individualized learning plans.
Under the supervision of the Director, the Staff Assistant has the primary responsibility to support the maintenance of Center files for children, staff, student placements, student teachers, volunteers and all other record keeping systems according to EEC regulations; secondary responsibility is providing a safe, quality environment which appropriately meets the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive needs of young children.
1. Inventory weekly food, paper needs and place order with vendors; inventory monthly classroom supplies, toy needs, review list with Director and place order with appropriate vendors.
2. Answer phones, respond when appropriate, direct calls as appropriate, accept information as appropriate, forward information as appropriate.
3. Schedule wait list tours, maintain and update wait list information and as appropriate refer wait list people to Director.
4. Input new child records, generate child reports for update requests, update child information.
5. Post holiday reminder, illness announcements, and other information as directed.
6. Support Director with maintaining safety in shared spaces to include: hallways, staff rooms, entry way, rooftop, closets, ledges, and stairwells.
7. Put away food and other items delivered to the Center.
8. As appropriate answer parent, staff, public inquires; direct as appropriate questions to Director, Assistant Director or Coordinators.
9. Understand current enrollment.
10. Participate in the daily review of staff scheduling . Work with director on drafting schedule changes a month in advance. Strong understanding of staffing process related to budget.
11. As directed support administration needs for holiday events, staff enrichment, fun events, open houses, alumni picnics, all center meetings.
12. Responsible for maintaining attendance tracking database.
13. Safety walk through on early scheduled days.
SECONDARY DUTIES AS NEEDED TO PROVIDE COVERAGE FOR DIRECTOR, ASSISTANT DIRECTOR AND/OR PROGRAM COORDINATORS:
1. Assist the Director in assuring compliance with the Department of Early Education and Care licensing regulations.
2. Assists Director in enrollment process.
3. Acclimate new staff to Center.
4. Substitute self into classroom as Teacher Assistant or Teacher as required.
5. Accept sick calls and refer to Director for coverage.
1. Strong knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices for young children.
2. A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
3. EEC Certification
1. Ability and willingness to work flexible hours between 6:30 am and 6:00pm, Monday through Friday.
2. Ability to accept directions and demonstrate strong follow through.
3. Ability to answer phones, accept information, prioritize information, direct information appropriately.
4. Ability to prioritize needs of office and classroom and respond appropriately.
5. Ability to observe and exercise sound judgment in making decisions pertaining to child health and safety.
Position offers competitive salary with excellent benefits that include, health and dental insurance, 3 weeks’ paid vacation, paid sick and holiday time, T-pass/parking subsidy.