Lonkar Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great place,to work
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMarch 2, 2016
I enjoyed the team atmosphere at Lonkar. There was always opportunity for advancement and the company provided flexible hours and assisted with a work home life balance
Field staff and lower management are great people.
manager (Former Employee) –  CanadaDecember 29, 2015
Was the largest and best Canadian, privately owned Slickline company. Was bought by Schlumberger in 2009 and it started well. They talked highly of safety, did some training and brought in some great systems. Some of the upper management stayed on and would contradict the safety messages. Would penalize for following hours of service. They only did this on the phone or in person and would never do it in an email. Upper management wanted employees to follow chain of command and so the employee was left to the regional managers vengefulness at review time.

As long as you don't get under a back stabbing manager the philosophy of the company is great. Training is excellent if you can get the permission to take the courses from your manager.
Pros
Training, coworkers are great
Cons
No checks on vengeful management during work reviews
learning experience
Full Time Wireline Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company however layoffs occurred due to the oil slump within the Province of Alberta. I learned and trained in the petroleum industry so that I would be competent in my job field.
Pros
education
Cons
Fun workplace and strenous hours
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 3, 2014
Working at Lonkar was fun filled as it consists of a typical day starting as early as 4am. Yes, wheels get rolling as early as 4am and might not stop till 12 midnight, but in between, you would love these guys. They go out of their way to assist, mentor and integrate new intakes to the system.

Hardest part of the job was the physical nature of wireline operations but one gets used to it and it replaces regular visits to the gym.
Pros
Good comradeship amongst staff
Cons
Irregual travel and hours
Lonkar
Data Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 17, 2013
What a fantastic mamma papa out fit I was so impressed with thier standards towards thier commitment to the customer, thier own equipment and training people who are ready to move up to operators.

My own ambitions became too fast for them and they could not keep up, I moved from Wireline helper , to crane operator, to running my own 550 mechanics style box running surface and down hole guages across B.C. Alberta and Saskatchewan 15- 6 and enjoying every minute. The revenue was fair approximately 30,000 per shift. with no bonuses and minimum wage the incentive to do your best was diminished by poor managment.
Company was bought by Schlumerger in 2011.

Learnt lots and people were fantastic.

Safety was on paper and the program was fair, just did not practice what they preached.
Pros
own truck, high standards, great team.
Cons
long days, away from home, poor managment.
good place to work
Cased hole assistant (Former Employee) –  brooks abJanuary 17, 2013
good place to work with carrer advancement opportunity and average wages.