Loomis Armored US, LLC

Loomis Armored US, LLC Employee Reviews

A nice place to work
Messenger Guard (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 18, 2017
A typical day at work consist of pickup & delivery of valuable items. It can be stressful at times. Serviced ATM's which I enjoyed.
I learned to be alert at all times & not trust anyone.
Management was the greatest sometimes.
The workplace was great. The team I worked with got to be like family.
The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy bags of coin.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going home knowing that my customers were well satisfied and that I was going home safe. I also enjoyed shooting on the range every year. I enjoyed my job or I wouldn't have been there 19 1/2 years.
Pros
Once you learned the job you were on your own.
Cons
Benefits were too expensive & Long hours sometimes.
This branch is great compared to others.
Armored Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Very veteran friendly and is a stepping stone to a career in law enforcement. Management is flexible, I was able to work and go to school full time, and if I needed my schedule adjusted for my classes they were willing to do so. The workplace culture is tailored more military, which is due to the several reserve, national guard and veterans that work there. You will work long hours on a daily basis.
Driving/Guard/ATM Tech
Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 15, 2017
Is a experience like no other some days good some days bad. But it's how you end it on a positive note. Far as I learned to have more patience dealing with the public. On the scale of 1-10 four an a half. Work place culture NONE. The hardest part is dealing with Impatient customers. Most enjoyable part is getting the job done and making someones day. If it's having small conversation or getting them to there appointment on time.
Pros
You getting to travel all over Baltimore City and County meet new people.
Cons
Running late
Long hours with not much time off
Driver (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 14, 2017
Loomis requires you to work very long hours and not much time off in between. If you like the hours and to be with just one other person for the whole day, this job is for you.
Driver
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2017
Its a good company to work for, just wish they offered more for the drivers. Wish they gave more lead way to moving around the company.
ok starter job
Cash Management Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 8, 2017
This is a good place to start from to enter the banking industry. Good experience is gained for auditing cash and deposits. Hours worked are somewhat unpredictable. Expectations are reasonable.
Pros
good experience
Cons
could pay better
Work place
Lead CMS Teller (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILFebruary 7, 2017
I would arrive early so that I can everything ready for my team so that they would be able to know what they are doing for that day. As they would walk in I would greet them with a smile and say hello.
Productive, with extremely long hours
Armored Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 6, 2017
I hired onto Loomis without the true understanding of how demanding this job would be. While this job is rather simple, the physical exertion demands were sometimes very challenging. I recall making deliveries to banks where I loaded 150 boxes of quarters, or picked up 45 bags of quarters and did all the loading myself. Loomis did not provide a second helper for this slightly overwhelming task. Most routes where not that physically demanding, and simple required long hours of riding around in a heavy box truck.
Horrible company
Armored Car Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 6, 2017
Loomis Armored LLC is by far one of the worst security companies to work for. Excessive mandatory hours, 6-7 day work weeks at 10 + hours per day, sometimes as much as 16-18 hours a day, under harsh work conditions, (i.e truck with no ac in 115 degree heat and a ballistics vest), no value placed on the individual employee, everyone is expendable. The company is solely out to make a dollar for their higher ups. If they write you up, no bonus, that bonus is distributed among the supervisors. Any reason to do so they will. (ie. a receipt roll runs out on an ATM on your route). They offer little to no assistance to the employee in regards to day to day activities, things as small as not having the necessary supplies to complete the job and then writing you up or reprimanding you for not being able to complete a task because they didn't order or stock the necessary supplies.
Pros
gun loan and ballistics vest loan
Cons
everything else associated with the job.
Horrible management
Armed Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 4, 2017
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company. They over work you for very little pay in a dangerous environment. They over react for little situations when there are employees who have been a huge liability and refuse to terminate them until something severe happens.
Pros
Cons
Under paid over worked
Demending Job
Armored Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2017
Hours vary from day to day, nothing set in stone. Worked here for years and I didn't agree with the management and all of them were honest.
Pros
Pay
Armed Vault Guard
armed Guard (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 2, 2017
Open and Close the branch, prep the routes for the next day. Take customer phone calls on a daily bases and help manage the routes as they are out and ensure security of the branch.
hard working environment
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDFebruary 1, 2017
Many hours to work, much overtime to be had.
Management wasnt the best, but out on route you can do your own thing.
They didnt care much about employees, more so about the stops being finished so they didnt lose contracts.
Pros
no one watching you while out on route
Cons
not much personal time
Bad Management
Cash Management Teller II (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Working with this location was the worst work place ever. I felt like I was back in middle school. The manager was the worst
A good addition to a resume
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Some days Are good and some days are bad, but in the working for the company is a great addition to any resume. management staff has it days of being good and bad but that's what you would expect with a big business.
Liability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2017
The position was always interesting and everyday was an opportunity to obtain something new and fresh. Safety was always a priority, with all involved.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
fast pace work environment
bank reller (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2017
my shift starts at 6am and leave by 3 pm Monday thru Friday . my review was excellent for 2016, Loomis is a good company to work for .
I loved my job. Management needs to be replaced.
Vault Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJanuary 15, 2017
I enjoyed my job but being with Loomis the 3 years I was there I found that they did not follow the laws. Alot of rules applied to some and not others. When needed to work hey would offer extra pay to some and not others. Management was never in the building and never addressed issues at hand. Turn over was HUGE.
The company itself was a good company to work for but, the Londonderry Branch needs to be restructured from the top down.
Benefits
uncertain hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 7, 2017
I like working at Lomis. The guys I work with are great and we all get along pretty well. However, Loomis is a job with uncertain working hours. There are days that can be as short as 4 hours or as long as 16 hours. With trying to get an apartment or buy a house having uncertain hours is a problem.
Cons
time off and uncertain hours
Poor management
Messenger (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Management is incompetent and fail to perform simplest tasks. No overtime pay. High risk job with little to no job satisfaction. Paycheck is often incorrect.
Cons
High risk, no overtime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loomis Armored US, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7