Loomis Armored US, LLC Employee Reviews

Loomis Daily
Cash Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 25, 2017
Long hours Typically work over 12hours a day 5 days a week
Under paid for the amount of money and security that I am responsible for every day.
Management is not concerned with employees satisfaction.
Fast paced
Cash Management Services Lead (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 24, 2017
This is a very fast paced job. There is usually a lot of work to do and you want to work fast to get it done. The day isn't done until the work is done, so there can be some overtime. If you are used to a fast paced environment and know money, this would be good.
Srressful
Messenger (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 24, 2017
This job can be challenging and dangerous, cause you are delivering the things that people wanr, so you have to be very careful about this job, and know what's on the line.
The workplace is only as good or bad as one makes it
Auditror/Balance and Compliance (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2017
Go in at 3am. Get the ATM Over Short report and send to the DVP, LPM, Branch Manager, Operations Manager and my fellow Auditor. The environment can be stressful with when personnel call out, however, many step up to the plate and do what needs to be done. Only a slight few complain
Pros
good working atmosphere
Cons
N/a
Pays the bills
Armed Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 23, 2017
All this job gets you is paying the bills nothing more or less. Starting pay is reasonable but could be better. Reponsibility for the the liability is whats important.
Pros
Pay
Cons
hours
Tough place to work, but if you like hours they have them
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 23, 2017
This job taught me that driving is not something I enjoy, and that too much of it is very draining on me. Was hoping to get a Messenger position but turns out those are only open to people who drive first. Overall there was nothing wrong with the work here at all; not their fault it wasn't for me. Also despite the fact I was driving around with money I never felt in danger of being robbed or anything like that, but more so the idiot drivers who'd drive around me not knowing I wouldn't be able to stop on a dime
Pros
paid well
Cons
unpredictable hours until you get your own route
Poorly managed, Slow training
Armored Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 22, 2017
New management did not take advice from veteran employees on how to improve training. Management was unable to convince clients to lessen unnecessary workloads.
job descrption
ARMORED SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 21, 2017
➢ Effectively operated forklift and other machinery in a safe and productive manner.
➢ Poured metal into mold for pipe formation.
➢ Consistently performed duties to meet established deadlines ensuring timely productivity.
➢ Adhered to all established company guidelines.
bad place to work
Cash Management Teller (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 21, 2017
no job growth, bad management, long working hours, I wouldn't recommend it for a place of employment. lengthy lunch break, go in daylight get off night time.
Comany has changed much since I worked there
ATM Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 21, 2017
I had the good luck to work there when the company was doing well in the 1990s. There was plenty of work to do, and long hours. Co-workers were very conscientious and safety-minded.
horrible management
Armored Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2017
dont work here.management does not care about your profesional development what so ever, majority of the time they make adjustments to routes causing you to have a even longer work day then you already had, most of the employees are good to work with just really bad management who will not hesitate to cut you with out notice.
Good Company to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 17, 2017
My typical day at work is driving the armored truck all day not being able to get out, working long hours a day and not getting paid what I should be getting paid. The hardest part of the job was the mangers didn't really help you out when you needed help with anything or talked to you when you needed something.
Pros
Expericed
Cons
Not getting paid what you should be, Driving a long ways just to get to work.
Good at times and horrible at others
Armed Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 16, 2017
Working for loomis as a driver was pretty stressful. Long days some spanning over 15 hours. Very few bathroom breaks and is dreadfully boring. You could work with some cool people or you could get a co worker that hates their life and brings misery to you. Seriously i met alot of cool co workers but some just had issue and they didnt know how to handle execpt to make it your problem too. Being stuck in a truck with a person like thay for long hours at a time is not good. Very Very early start times. No overtime pay for going over 40 hours because they abuse a loop hole in federal trucker law. That goes for the driver and the ATM service man as well. You are expendable really just another body for the most part. If you wanted to advance and get paid as an atm service man think again about working here. The salary caps off very low for that position and you would need to move up management to get better pay.
Pros
Lunch whenever, some cool co workers, chill at times
Cons
No overtime pay, angry coworkers at times, no growth
Not a fun Job
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 15, 2017
If others aren't happy at the job and complain, then you will likely find yourself unhappy at the job too. Management was not very good with the employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that you wore a gun, vest, and hauled around lots of money.
Upper management is too removed from the field.
District Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 14, 2017
Decent mid-level management, but upper & corporate management only care about turning a profit and does not care about its' employees. Benefit programs (Medical, dental, vision) are intentionally designed to persuade employees to enroll on their spouse's benefit plans, and discourage employees from signing up in the company offered "benefits."
Pros
Occasional employee recognition events.
Cons
Shameful benefits program - especially the 401(k) match.
Very professional place to work
Armored courier (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LaSeptember 14, 2017
Fun place to work, with excellent management system, very supportive team members, always someone you can go to for guidance and support, strict environment, and an excellent place to work, especially if you are well disciplined.
Not recommended
Driver Messenger (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed the customers and some coworkers. The company is very unorganized and chaotic. The management team cares less about the employees. You never know what time you will get off.
Terrible Workplace
Balance & Audit (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Overall this place is not a good company to work for. Bad management, building is filthy and not up to code. Long hours. Company doesn't care about its employees on a personal standpoint. They only care about the work getting done no matter how many hours a day or week you work.
nothing to say
Cash logistics teller (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 12, 2017
very poor management, to much gossip, supervisor needs more training in all areas, very stressful environment, to much favoritism, just not a comfortable place to be in.
Great workplace, poor management
Driver/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 12, 2017
I loved working at Loomis Tacoma. I loved the ins and outs of the job, I loved the culture in the "shop", and I loved the skills I learned there. What I did not care for was the management. One manager who will remain unnamed gave no thought to the welfare of the employees. Most people there did not care for him, but it was still an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loomis Armored US, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7