Lorain County Community Action Agency Employee Reviews in United States

The work was interesting and Challenging.
Seasonal Benefit Agent (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHNovember 14, 2015
Clients would come in to obtain assistance with their heating electric bills or need assistance with starting over with the heating and electric companies. I also helped apply a phone if needed.
I learned the computer program needed for the work.
Assisted low income families and their children
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHAugust 24, 2015
Loved working with families and their children, providing community resources to assist them in meeting their needs.
Pros
Job was close to home
Cons
No room for advancement.
insulate houses
Weatherization Technician (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHAugust 19, 2015
insulate houses what asbestos looked like,good management,fun to work,removing asbestos,going home to acool shower .
Pros
Cons
short breaks then lunch
Early Childhood Service Worker
Early Childhood Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHJune 20, 2015
Right not I am in a position where I take care of infants and toddlers on a part-time basis. I really enjoy interacting with the childrend and helping them learn through play. My co-workers are awesome. My managers are very understanding and cooperative. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help the families of the children who are struggling with personal issues. The most enjoyable part of my job is to watch the children grown and learn.
Pros
Working with chidren
Cons
Not in my field of Business
A great group
Electronic Records Management Coordinator Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHMay 17, 2015
Encouraging and great learning environment. Loyal to the end. the mangers where always there to help in any way they could. Loved working outdoors.
Knowledgeable place to work, chance for advancement, able to grow as an individual.
Family Service Worker (Current Employee) –  506 Broadway Ave.December 26, 2014
Many opportunities to work in different occupations and opportunities to learn and encourages you to get an education.
Pros
family type of environment, union. good benefits.
Cons
most jobs are cut down to part time.
Earned my ten-year pin because I felt LCCAA was a very reasonable employer.
Literacy Instructor (GED Program Manager) (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHAugust 10, 2014
I gave the highest rating to management, because I saw a great deal of effort spent on supporting staff. I gave the lowest (but still a 3 star rating!) rating to the category of Job Work/Life Balance because I saw many people -- in administration and amongst the Head Start teachers -- spending much more than the 40 hour work week very frequently. Perhaps more support staff could have helped with this.

The most enjoyable part of working for LCCAA was working for a mission that I believed in.
Pros
staff training was included in the budget -- moneywise and scheduling wise.
Cons
board members were not close enough to the day-to day work, hope this has been improved since i left.
The agency helps many people. I enjoyed being part of the agency.
Benefit Agent (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OhNovember 29, 2012
I enjoyed the work. I met all kinds of people. It was rewarding to see their faces when I could help them.
Pros
enjoyed my coworkers
Cons
it was a temporary job
Lorain County Community Action Agency is a none profit organization that assists low in-come families with many needs
Collabrative Educator (Current Employee) –  OHSeptember 14, 2012
A typical day at work for me starts with childrens arrival at 8:00am we transition from the bus to our classroom and have breakfast, we then use the restroom and start our day. We have small groups where the children work on specific areas that they may need help with such as colors,cutting, writing own name, alphabet, and much more, we then go to large group where we sing many educational songs and read stories, we cover many themed areas each week so this time is based on our theme for the week, our group then trasitions to our various learning areas in the room that are set up to also go with the themes for the week, as the children play in these areas we go and play with them observing what they are doing, saying and taking antidotal notes,we announce a 5 min warning that our time is almost up and we will be moving on to our next activity. This may incluce outside walks, gym time, or play ground activities. Then we again make 5 min warning the we will be moving on to go home. Its a very busy day with lots of laughing and loving moments on both parts of the students and teachers.
Pros
making a difference in the lives of small children and giving them a head start on school readiness.
Cons
you will never be a rich person, but you will touch the lives of many children and families in a good way

Want to know more about Lorain County Community Action Agency?

Ask a question