Lorain County Community Action Agency Employee Reviews

insulate houses
Weatherization Technician (Former Employee), Lorain, OHAugust 19, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: short breaks then lunch
insulate houses what asbestos looked like,good management,fun to work,removing asbestos,going home to acool shower .
Early Childhood Service Worker
Early Childhood Service Worker (Current Employee), Lorain, OHJune 20, 2015
Pros: Working with chidren
Cons: Not in my field of Business
Right not I am in a position where I take care of infants and toddlers on a part-time basis. I really enjoy interacting with the childrend and helping them learn through play. My co-workers are awesome. My managers are very understanding and cooperative. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help the families of the children who are struggling with personal issues. The most enjoyable part of my job is to watch the children grown and learn.
A great group
Electronic Records Management Coordinator Clerk (Former Employee), Lorain, OHMay 17, 2015
Encouraging and great learning environment. Loyal to the end. the mangers where always there to help in any way they could. Loved working outdoors.
Knowledgeable place to work, chance for advancement, able to grow as an individual.
Family Service Worker (Current Employee), 506 Broadway Ave.December 26, 2014
Pros: family type of environment, union. good benefits.
Cons: most jobs are cut down to part time.
Many opportunities to work in different occupations and opportunities to learn and encourages you to get an education.
Ok. Depending where you work
HEAP Coord (Current Employee), Lorain, OHSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: job security
Gets redundant after a while. Gets redundant after a while. Gets redundant after a while.
Earned my ten-year pin because I felt LCCAA was a very reasonable employer.
Literacy Instructor (GED Program Manager) (Former Employee), Lorain, OHAugust 10, 2014
Pros: staff training was included in the budget -- moneywise and scheduling wise.
Cons: board members were not close enough to the day-to day work, hope this has been improved since i left.
I gave the highest rating to management, because I saw a great deal of effort spent on supporting staff. I gave the lowest (but still a 3 star rating!) rating to the category of Job Work/Life Balance because I saw many people -- in administration and amongst the Head Start teachers -- spending much more than the 40 hour work week very frequently. Perhaps more support staff could have helped with this.

The most enjoyable part of working for LCCAA was working for a mission that I believed in.
The agency helps many people. I enjoyed being part of the agency.
Benefit Agent (Former Employee), Lorain, OhNovember 29, 2012
Pros: enjoyed my coworkers
Cons: it was a temporary job
I enjoyed the work. I met all kinds of people. It was rewarding to see their faces when I could help them.
Lorain County Community Action Agency is a none profit organization that assists low in-come families with many needs
Collabrative Educator (Current Employee), OHSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: making a difference in the lives of small children and giving them a head start on school readiness.
Cons: you will never be a rich person, but you will touch the lives of many children and families in a good way
A typical day at work for me starts with childrens arrival at 8:00am we transition from the bus to our classroom and have breakfast, we then use the restroom and start our day. We have small groups where the children work on specific areas that they may need help with such as colors,cutting, writing own name, alphabet, and much more, we then go to large group where we sing many educational songs and read stories, we cover many themed areas each week so this time is based on our theme for the week, our group then trasitions to our various learning areas in the room that are set up to also go with the themes for the week, as the children play in these areas we go and play with them observing what they are doing, saying and taking antidotal notes,we announce a 5 min warning that our time is almost up and we will be moving on to our next activity. This may incluce outside walks, gym time, or play ground activities. Then we again make 5 min warning the we will be moving on to go home. Its a very busy day with lots of laughing and loving moments on both parts of the students and teachers.