Lorain County Community College Employee Reviews

Fantastic
Clinical Instructor of Surgical Technology (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHApril 24, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy teaching the upcoming new surgical technologist. I do plan on continuing to teach in the fall. It is important to invest in our future.
Cons
I am not teaching during the summer
A great place to begin your teaching career
English Language Instructor (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHApril 24, 2017
The staff and management are very professional and sincerely care about students. The only drawback, like all colleges, is working as an adjunct instructor. The pay is awful and there is no hope for any financial or medical benefits.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Little compensation
sad
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMarch 25, 2017
The administration does not care enough about the students! They tend to forget the students are why they have a job. Not a nice culture. They ignore you when you say a friendly Good Morning or a simple Hi. I believe this is a major factor why enrollment is down. They are overall cold. very cold! Not motivating at all. The only office that was truly welcoming was the Student Life Office, the Financial Aid Office and the office that deals with transcripts.
Pros
get paid
Cons
not friendly
The college is very nice overall.
Adjunct Faculty/Dental Hygiene (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHDecember 21, 2016
The college is very nice overall. However, there are few opportunities for full time employment or for advancement. It seems there is also high turnover.
easy workplace
Grab and Go foodservice (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHSeptember 8, 2016
everyone worked as a team. we all had our own responsibilities and with plenty of help were able to complete them flawlessly. communication was very easy because we all worked I close range
Pros
30 min break every 3 hours
Cons
not enough opportunity to move up in company
LCCC is an awesome place to work
Staff Associate (Current Employee) –  Lorain County, OHMay 19, 2016
Good benefits and great people. You can adjust your schedule and you are expected to be a community minded person. You will need to be flexible in your thinking (think outside the box). You are valued as an employee.
A Great Institution That Let's It's Work Politics Get In The Way
Administrative Staff Assistant/Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 15, 2016
I've worked for LCCC for over 2 years now and I have found the perfect work/life balance that they offer. If you're going to school full time or part time there and want a job, then I suggest you apply for one of their many part-time positions that they offer.

But if you're expecting amazing job advancement, then you're looking in the wrong place. Many of positions that they post, either internally or externally, are already lined up for someone they desire to take the position. Their work politics are sketchy and unfair.

However, still, LCCC is a great launch pad for whatever career path you want to choose.
I enjoyed working as a student worker for five years
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHDecember 2, 2015
This job has helped me to grow professionally. I enjoyed every moment of my five years in this position. My co-workers became like family and we all got along.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long projects
The most enjoyable part of the job
Computer Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHNovember 9, 2015
Very fun and engaging place to work. Never know what opportunities are going to arise each day, and is a place fill with individuals who are dedicated to learning, growing, and developing.
Love this school
STNA Internship Life Care Center (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHNovember 2, 2015
This is my 2nd year at LCCC and I have enjoyed my time here. I was going for LPN but unfortunately they do not have that program anymore and I may have to change my major if that is not adjusted. I am not very happy about that.
Pros
Great school
Cons
don't have the program that i was going to school for anymore
Productive, people oriented
Dispatcher/Customer Service / security (Current Employee) –  elyria ohioJuly 31, 2015
Answering and directing phone calls, giving directions to the work place and around the work place. Going on foot patrols.
A very good work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHJune 13, 2015
I see students on a daily basis I assist in their transition into LCCC.
The job is very fulfilling. I have great co workers with a similar mindset. We are there for students to succeed.
Classroom enjoyment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OhioJune 3, 2015
A typical day is preparing lessons; these include current events, statistical analysis; providing cause and effect relationships within the social environment. Offering new insight for students in order to enhance a sociological perspective as to how society operates on both a macro and micro level.
Pros
academic freedom
Cons
decreasing opportunity for advancement
disorganized
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OhioMay 24, 2015
The office in which I worked was disorganized. Student workers were taken for granted. It wasn't an incredibly hard job and they worked around your school schedule. However, it was not enjoyable.
Great place to go to school
Student (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 23, 2015
I went to school here so I did not work here at all but I got a good learning experience. The other classmates were good to be with at the time.
Pros
Great place to go to school
Great job advancement
Marketing and Sales (Former Employee) –  elyria ohioApril 4, 2015
They are a wonderful company to work for. Great potential for advancement and very fair work environment. Full time employment is not easy to get.
Pros
Very fair non discriminatory
Cons
full time isnt easy to get
An excellent place to help many who wish to make a better life for themselves.
Adjunct Faculty Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OhioNovember 29, 2014
I am teaching remedial math courses to a diverse group of students; age, gender, ethnicity, and backgrounds. My course coordinators, as well as, all the staff in the math department have been very supportive and helpful as I learn to work with the software that organizes the course materials, gradebook and homework assignments done online. l enjoy working with all the students to help them understand the concepts that slipped by them in the past, or that they have not seen for a long time. The biggest challenge is trying to get some students to see the course through to the end.
Pros
Supportive Colleauges and Staff
Cons
Pay and restricted part time hours
Productive and busy place to work
Staff Accounting Associate, Office of the Bursar (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 25, 2014
The typical day included new challenges, supportive management and pleasant people to work with servicing the students.
Pros
Pleasant surroundings and opportunities to improve skills and knowledge.
Cons
Frequent staff turnover due to the focus on the use of students and part time positions.
An unpaid internship with great opportunities for experience and network building
Digital Media Internship (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 7, 2014
The Digital Media Internship at Lorain County Community College is unpaid, but offers many other benefits to offset this. Experience both with field production and editing software is invaluable and offered within this program, and the opportunities for network building are limitless with all of the different local businesses and clients one encounters during the course of the internship. The job culture is also excellent, with paid workers on hand to help and give invaluable advice and expertise.
Great place to work while attending classes
Supervisor/Student Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 26, 2014
My day began with attending college classes followed by working in computer tec labs...assisting students with different types of computer programs. We would often attend management meetings to make sure computer lads were in working order and if there were any problem the software or hardware that needed attending.
Co-workers communication was extremely important due to the high volume of students. Most importantly I enjoyed working with students of all ages which in turn helped my learn better communication skills. If I were to choose a hard part of my job it would be that my day which included classes and my owe studies along with job on campus would be the long hours...so personal time was at a minimum during my college years.
Pros
Enjoy working with students and professors
Cons
Very long hours due to attending classes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lorain County Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5