Lorain County Community College

Lorain County Community College Employer Reviews

Great place to work while attending classes
Supervisor/Student Support Technician (Former Employee), Elyria, OHMay 26, 2014
Pros: enjoy working with students and professors
Cons: very long hours due to attending classes
My day began with attending college classes followed by working in computer tec labs...assisting students with different types of computer programs. We would often attend management meetings to make sure computer lads were in working order and if there were any problem the software or hardware that needed attending.
Co-workers communication was extremely – more... important due to the high volume of students. Most importantly I enjoyed working with students of all ages which in turn helped my learn better communication skills. If I were to choose a hard part of my job it would be that my day which included classes and my owe studies along with job on campus would be the long hours...so personal time was at a minimum during my college years. – less
Excellent work environment for instructors as well as students, especially in the iLoft building
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Elyria, OhioMay 22, 2014
The availability of the latest technology in the classrooms is just great. All one needs is to have the USB flash drive with the lectures and other pertinent information stored on it to be able to teach.
Lorain County Community College is a asset to Lorain County.
Staff Assistant (Current Employee), Elyria, OHMay 2, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: late evening hours
Lorain County Community College is centrally located for students and can be easily accessed from all areas. LCCC is a nice place to be employed. LCCC offers a wide range of benefits and you have access to further your education at an affordable cost.
Assisting others
Distance Learning Assistant Student Worker (Former Employee), Elyria, OHApril 27, 2014
By Assisting others with computer technical issues where by using my technical and interpersonal communication, I received a great satisfaction knowing those seeking help acquire acquired a greater understanding than they had before seeking help.
A continuous learning experience
Full Time Student and Student Worker/PT Staff (Current Employee), Lorain, OHApril 11, 2014
Working with students of all ages and ethnicity, assisting them with the skills needed to stay successful in their college experiences.
Great place to work!
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Brunswick, OhioMarch 14, 2014
I was able to work part-time at LCCC- Midpoint campus and at the same time take college courses.
Tutor
Associate Tutor (Former Employee), Elyria, OHMarch 3, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: poor pay
Help student understand lecture material and improve study and test taking skills
Always bussy
Dining Services - Dishwasher (Former Employee), Elyria, OHFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: get to eat all the time
Cons: silverwares
Working in the kitchen is very difficult, and you have to stay focus at all time.
Great experience
Homemaker/Student (Current Employee), Elyria, OH/Streetsboro, OHOctober 16, 2013
Every place of employment indicated on my resume was a great working and learning experience.
Great place that helps the community
Writing Tutor (Current Employee), Elyria, OHOctober 12, 2013
I tutor the students there. It is a very rewarding and dynamic job that is very satisfying.
It was a pleasure
Student Worker (Former Employee), Elyria, OHSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: positive work environment, motivating management, flexible hours
Cons: part-time only
As a student worker at LCCC, I had the pleasure of working with and helping students on campus sign up for classes and find the various services that LC offered. My main job was preparing COMPASS files and answering phones. I also retrieved files, sorted files, sent faxes, screened phone calls and did miscellaneous projects.
A great place to work while I was in school.
Student Aide (Former Employee), Elyria, OHSeptember 18, 2013
This was a great opportunity for me to make some money while I put myself through college.
Computer Service with a Higher Learning Institution
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Elyria, OHJune 28, 2013
Pros: they will work with you and calling off short notice call offs were ok.
Cons: rude co-workers, little to no chance of advancement.
Typical days in IT could be zero calls or could be non-stop running.

I learned all relevent IT experience needed for a helpdesk/IT/break and fix technician. Virus removal, parts replacement, parts ordering, etc.
Management at this facility is fairly out of touch with what the standard for computer work is. Many of them have not technically worked with – more... anything since Windows 98 or ME was the newest OS. They often set unrealistic goals and talk about training for part time and full time employees which never happened.
Co-workers- My direct co-workers IE other techs and phone triage techs were great but the rest of the department often looked down on you as if you were not as good at your job because you were part time.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with hundreds of inexperienced end users who may yell and scream at you for machine downtime.

Most enjoyable part- Being able to create your own schedule(not sure if this is still available) and being able to use a computer for anything acceptable such as watching youtube, reading things, even checking facebook.

Also being underpaid for an IT job with no benifits package at the time was not great. I made almost $6 an hour less than starting Geek Squad techs. – less
Fun place and great people
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Elyria, OHJune 27, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Cons: not many hours
I love my job at Lorain County Community College. I work with great and encouraging people. The staff and supervisors are awesome. Hardest part of the job is getting people to train. Most enjoyable part of my job is training people and seeing someone do something physically that they never thought they would be able to do.
Computer Lab Aide (Current Employee), Elyria, OHApril 17, 2013
Pros: lunch breaks, laid back environment
Cons: no consequences for some actions that are done
I get to meet many new people all the time. My co-workers have become like family. Each new problem a patron has gives me room to expand my knowledge on how to troubleshoot. I feel this job helps me to grow for my next employer that will give me even more advances!
Life at LCCC
Youth Outreach Initiatve Specialist (Former Employee), Elyria, OHFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: fun, fast paced environment
Cons: funding issues
What a great place to work. caring and thoughtful staff an faculty, wonderful learning environment and great opportunities to excel.
Tech assistant while attending
Student Aide / Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Elyria, OHJanuary 30, 2013
It was a great opportunity to get a head start in the filed while going to school. I did a lot of work for the program and taught labs. This opened many doors for me after school. I enjoyed the opportunity thoroughly.
Productive and fun placework
Office Volunteer (Former Employee), Elyria, OHDecember 8, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule time
Actually I had a very good experince working at LCCC as a volunteer. The staff was friendly and very kind. GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!!
L.C.C.C. Academic Support
Fulltime Student - part-time CIS tutor (Current Employee), Elyria, OHJuly 12, 2012
Pros: ability to work schedule around academic courses
Cons: only work upon demand of the students
I work as a part-time CIS tutor for the Academic Support Department. I provide one - on - one tutoring along with allowing for a walk-in environment. I maintain an interactive correspondence and communication with the courses that I tutor. My courses of expertise number 12 - 20 courses.
Get a job here!
Student Worker (Former Employee), Elyria, OHJuly 2, 2012
Pros: cool people
Cons: dirty dishes
Working here is a blast and the management is wonderful! It's as simple as that!