Lord & Taylor

Lord & Taylor United States Employee Reviews

GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 20, 2015
I LOVED WORKING HERE, I DIDNT MIND COMING TO WORK EVERYDAY BECAUSE I DIDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PICK UP NO ONES SLACK. THE EMPLOYEES ARE FRIENDLY.
Not bad, but no life balance
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Paramus, NJApril 14, 2015
I worked there for 4 years, I started of in sales and worked my way up within a Year as a Sales Manager. They do recognize your hard work but the harder you work the harder they push you. I worked from 8am to 8pm almost everyday while being on a salary. I was over worked.
No thank you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre PAApril 12, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Everything about this place is a con
Highly unorganized, poorly managed, low pay, mediocre benefits, mostly irate customers, very little AC in the dead of summer, MASSIVE turnaround, building is dirty and antiquated. As if all that isn't bad enough--- PAYCHECKS WERE CONSISTENTLY SHORTED!!! I give this place a negative 10.
Unreal
Asset Protection (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Good Store, Location
Cons: Ethics, Work Balance
Store management is great, with good structure and communication. Associates are par for the course. AP Manager at this location doesn't appear to be with the program. No flexibility with days off, totally at his mercy. No room for growth or to show what you know. No communication with other stores, etc. Office is dirty, and unwelcoming. First day of training, included the drama from the sales floor and how it affects him, followed by being left alone for 4 hours to figure stuff out. NOT worth even being considered a stepping stone working here. Your better off with Rite Aid, or Walmart, at least their apprehension techniques are ethical and practical!
Enjoyable work environment. No advancement opportunities.
Seasonal employment in retail sales (Former Employee), Victor, NYMarch 22, 2015
Enjoyed co-workers and clients. Loved the sales atmosphere. Managed poorly with no advancement opportunity regardless of performance.
Strong Knowledge Base/Poor Staffing
Call Center Manager (Current Employee), Wilkes Barre PAMarch 19, 2015
It was busy fast paced environment that taught me in the in's and out's of a Call Center Environment. The training is excellent and the knowledge base system for the agents is thorough and easy to access. Management is friendly and personable.

The hardest part of the job is having people see the big picture and the turnover rate of the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting customer's. I have a great relationship with my Team Member's.
Sometimes nice work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free food on sale days, good with giving breaks
Cons: short breaks, forces you to get credit cards
The overall experience was fine if you're used to working retail.
The customers can be snippy but thats just the usual, the discount on clothes you get was nice but they make applying for it so tricky.
Co Workers are bunch of young girls with attitude problems and the same goes for Management.
It was my Co workers and Management that turned the experience bad for me.
Productive place that is strategic and fun
Assistant Buyer - Ladies Sleepwear and Active (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
-Long, but very productive days.
-Lots of interaction with upper management when needed.
-Collaborated with talented individuals in both buying and planning teams.
Retail Sales leader
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2015
Assisted floor manager in leading sales associate. Organized and merchandised new product. Delegated scheduling. Learned a lot from mentoring with my manager.
Challenging
Sales Associate-American Woman Department (Former Employee), Danbury, CTMarch 8, 2015
Assist customers with their purchases and returns. Assist other departments on a as needed basis. Maintain the merchandise in a presentable manner on the selling floor. Assisted with inventory of department.
I truly love this company and all that it stands for.
Vice President / Store Manager (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 4, 2015
Pros: culture
Cons: minimal growth opportunity at the time
From the beginning of my tenure there I always felt as though I was part of a family. The culture and values of this company was one of results through partnership and collaboration. I always felt challenged while knowing I was supported.
Exciting, and productive workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Well I worked in different departments, jewelry, accessories, and children's clothes. I learned how to prioritize and to be patient. I learned more and more about fashion, which helped me better help the customer if they want my opinion. I enjoyed working with my fellow employees.
Turn around in management too often
Admin , HR Coordinator (Current Employee), Danbury CTFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: un appreciation
Structure and management changes in company too much. Policies not followed and associates not appreciated by management.
Sales Associate - Part time (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJFebruary 19, 2015
Fun filled work environment. Good palace to work part times. Good management. Lots of customer interaction. flexible work times. Friendly people to work with.
work together as a family
Loss Prevention Security Officer (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJFebruary 17, 2015
to prevent losses to the company as well the safety for the customers. we worked together as a team to get as many cases as possible. after the case we need to provide a summary of the case
Former employee of Womens' Shoes Dept.
Ladies Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: seminars from the vendors where you learn the product and have free breakfast, cool co-workers, incentives
Cons: over-staffing of drawer-vs.-commission department making it difficult to make money
I used to work for the Ladies' Shoe department and I must say the overall problem why I have resigned from this company a few years back is because of the constant over-staffing of this department, which is a drawer-vs.- commission department. I have explained my concerns to management, but it felt like they didn't seem to care.

This is the reason why I lost my 2BR apartment in Harlem, because I was behind on rent due to over-staffing of the department so that Lord & Taylor can keep costs down.
Productive working environment, great co-workers and positive-engaged management.
LP Manager (Former Employee), Alpharetta, Ga.February 9, 2015
Pros: work atmosphere; team support system
Cons: inconsistent disciplining of store policies.
A typical work day included partnering with store management to deploy a shrinkage / awareness plan; audits, performing quarterly alarm tests, doing store and perimeter surveillance and holding safety meetings.
Senior Art Director (Former Employee), New York, New YorkJanuary 25, 2015
Directed concepts from layout to production for all graphic treatments for catalogues, magazines, point of purchase and newspaper advertisements. Worked on all Private Label ads & packaging. Created a learning environment where staff was able to reach full potential etc. Great place to work
Very professional and friendly environment
Freelance Retoucher (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 25, 2015
The team that I worked with was very friendly and welcoming, and I felt that my talents were appreciated.
Productive and fun workplace
Lord & Taylor- Stock, September 2013-January 2014 (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: opurtunity for progression
Cons: distance
Responsible for the flow of merchandise from the point of delivery to the sales floor or internal destination, provided supplies as needed for the sales associates.
 Facilitated to educate customers on current fashions and styles.
 Ensured to generate an atmosphere of hospitality and flexibility with the customers
 Maintained loss prevention standards through awareness and customer service.
 Utilized appropriately the cash management practices and procedures.
 Ensured to keeps the store in a clean and safe environment.
 Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
 Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lord & Taylor

Founded in 1826, Lord & Taylor has been offering designer fashions to Manhattan's most distinguished and discerning shoppers – Read more

Lord & Taylor Salaries