Lord & Taylor Employee Reviews

productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day start with morning briefing ,explaining promotions ,sales and goals for the day by management .I always believed in team work ,that makes work place environment very efficient and enjoyable . I love helping people and love to go extra mile for them ,just to get that satisfaction smile on their face ,it is so rewarding for me and gives me satisfaction.And that part of work has always been enjoyable to me .So far no part of my job seems hardest to me ,to me when you have passion for something ,nothing is harder .Very understanding company and train employees very nicely .Management is very polite and helpful.
Pros
Very friendly work enviornment
Cons
Healthcare
Not a great place to work
Doesnt matter (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 18, 2017
Management promotes only who they want. Not who is best for the position. They are terrible at training and you basically have to figure it out on your own. Even when a complaint is made to human resources, nothing is done about it. But pay is good for this area.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Management sucks all the way up
I enjoyed working at Lord and Taylor's I was a hard working employee.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 18, 2017
Working at Lord and Taylor's was a great experience. I gained a lot of skills and I worked extremely hard because I'm a dedicated person. I strive for excellence in everything I do.
excellent shopping
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJanuary 18, 2017
i had an excellent experience in relationship with customers and co-workers,good deals, you can find nice clothes with good quality
Unprofessional enviorment poor management , lack of proper training ,HR department is missrepeventative
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJJanuary 18, 2017
My experience was disappointing from day one , I was placed at a counter to represent a brand that I love and have passion for it was in a state of neglect and failing.to produce numbers or meet goals

There were no tools provide when requesting anything I was told there is no budget or that you would be reimbursed and never was
that included cleaning supplise organization supplies as well as anything needed to clientele or promote your brand and increase business
you are set up to fail from the start .

I utilized my own resources , time and effort and was successful in achieving an incresse in business and growith in clientele in a short time
however despite all of that . I was reprimanded for not opening enough charge lord and taylor charge cards and scrutinized for following confliting directions by mangememt and senior coworkers regarding proper procedures and policy .

Their system is archaic , flawed and lacks the cohesion it takes to provide the best costumer service and experience.
The mangement prefer to gossip and make fun of clients and fellow coworkers rather than lead them to succeed by example.
Its a prime example to me why retail is losing out to Internet sales .
Pros
Coworkers we're suportive
Cons
Pay is low for the amount of work that is expected and tools provide
data entry
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 17, 2017
I worked in data entry and I enjoyed working with quality coworkers and having the weekends off. I typical day was inputting numbers.
If Only They Believed What They Preached
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 17, 2017
There is no such thing as a normal day in retail. I learned that people out weigh things every time. I learned that management is only as good as it's ability to be all inclusive, if there is no team and cliques are allowed to fester, that energy flows into the culture of the store and defeats the productivity of the store.
Pros
meeting new people
Cohesive.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 14, 2017
Good, nice place to work for.
Pay is okay and regular full-time position. I work since November 1993. Busy place of employment.
Pros
Shop.
fun and interesting
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NY 10710January 13, 2017
When i worked there i felt like i was part of a team now the team wasn't perfect but we still got things done. i didn't have a problem traveling to work just the certain times were a bit hard to adjust to.
Organized
Asset Protection Investigator (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJJanuary 11, 2017
Fun place to work, managements fun to work with. Not too many call outs. People who work there are extremely passionate and very friendly towards other employees and guests.
Pros
Holiday buffets, weekly bagels, contests
Productive Work Place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2017
-Productive Work Place
-Upscale Customer Service
-Fair Hourly Wages
-Enjoyable Co-Workers and Management Team.
- Learned a lot in hands on training on how to work with register systems, as well great salesmanship.
Productivity
Sales Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 10, 2017
Lord and Taylor is a great place to work, especially if you're in school, They are very accommodating to your needs. and also they give your work schedule for the entire month !!!
Pros
Made Lunch, Great discounts
Cons
only gave 4 hour shifts
thankless position
Lancome Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 8, 2017
Long hours on your feet, even with credentials you don't get paid well, management doesn't take your hardwork into consideration its all about the numbers, doesn't matter. I only liked it for what I was doing but if you have family do not apply for this job its odd hours and everyweekend. They are not flexible.
Productive and busy company.
Counter Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
A typical day working counter manager was very easy going. It consisted of marking down merchandise, securing clothing with security tags, unloading and stocking merchandise in its correct department of the store. I learned how to engage with customers as well as style both men and woman in clothing based on their desired look or occasion. Management, to me, was always very understanding and hands on with the needs of their employees. My coworkers were also very friendly and easy to work with each day. They were very supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job would be some of the heavy lifting that I had to do but the most enjoyable part of the job was the long term friendships that I made with the people within the company. Really easy to navigate throughout the store floor assisting other counters. Great communication with higher ups and consistent positivity to employees. Work environment is always kept cleaned and looking presentable for clients.
Pros
I absolutely loved working here, my bosses were amazing and very helpful always, Got aling with all my co-workers and we always had a good time working.
Cons
Wages, Benefits and traveling so far each day
Employees are fun to work with. Great place to work vibrant costumer
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
It was a few months but I had fun with my coworkers. I had a wonderful time working there plus a gain a lot of experience from there
Cons
We had two breaks (1) for 30 minutes and the next (1) is a hour
Nonstop productivity with friendly service
Tahari Vendor (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYJanuary 4, 2017
As a Tahari Vendor at Lord & Taylor was an enjoyable experience while promoting a top selling brand. Suggestions were given by management to up sell merchandise.
horrible place of business
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 3, 2017
horrible place of business.very unprofessional. very disrespectful to coworkers and customers.would never want to work for the company again.
a great work environment
Cashier/ Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 3, 2017
Greet Customers entering Department. Assisting Customers with shopping and purchases. Advising customer of active sales and promotions.Restocking and organizing clothing racks and isles
Checking customer out with purchases.
Great company.
Clinique Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Really easy to navigate throughout the store floor assisting other counters.
Great communication with higher ups and consistent positivity to employees.
Work environment is always kept cleaned and looking presentable for clients.
Pros
fair breaks, lunches provided, compensation
Cons
long hours can be very tiring, registers sometimes don't function properly
Corporate definitely needs to be involved
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PADecember 31, 2016
Working at Lord & Taylor was such a horrible experience. When I was hired I worked for weeks without receiving a paycheck due to errors in human resources. There were jobs that were strictly reserved for male employees only, male employees were also given more hours. The store I was employed at on city ave was being remodeled at the time and I was given the task to basically be inside the walls where the old dressing rooms were located to remove all of the old shelving and old advertisements.The area was completely cover in an excessive amounts of dust.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lord & Taylor. Our community is ready to answer.