Lord & Taylor Employee Reviews

Intense call center , very busy , know computer skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 23, 2016
Answer phone calls , place online orders , help customer find items online , provide excellent customer service , take payments , compensate when needed , help customers track and look for their orders
Pros
Pay rate, great training, benefits
Cons
Comouter system, neexs better management
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 21, 2016
Working here is exciting, especially around the holidays. Great part-time job. Close knit like working with family instead of co workers.
Working at Lord and Taylor
Men's Shoe Salesman (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 19, 2016
Working at Lord and Taylor isn't such a bad experience in itself, but some things will make it seem that way. Lord and Taylor doesn't exactly like to pay their employees, and will not even after having or experiencing issues. I only lasted at Lord and Taylor for a month because of this issue, while I don't just look to work for just the money but also the experience I don't appreciate working for less of the amount that I am working for.
Friendly and Productive Workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 13, 2016
A typical day working stock was very easy going. It consisted of marking down merchandise, securing clothing with security tags, unloading and stocking merchandise in its correct department of the store. I learned how to engage with customers as well as style both men and woman in clothing based on their desired look or occasion. Management, to me, was always very understanding and hands on with the needs of their employees. My coworkers were also very friendly and easy to work with each day. They were very supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job would be some of the heavy lifting that I had to do but the most enjoyable part of the job was the long term friendships that I made with the people within the company.
Pros
Hard work received acknowledgement and rewards
Cons
Wages, Benefits
Sales
BCBG Generation Brand Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PASeptember 8, 2016
Been here 9 years, it's time for me to take on new challenges and expand my career. Also there is not much opportunity for advancement in this company
beautiful store to work in, wonderful co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL & scarsdale , NYSeptember 8, 2016
co workers were wonderful, the store didn't generate enough business. Management was always helpful. there really wasn't a hard part of the job. The biggest downfall was not very busy, most of the time,
Pros
enjoyed the events ans the monthly recognition of the employees
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Utica, MISeptember 5, 2016
It was a good learning experience and I did enjoy my time there. My grandpa was in the hospital and I couldn't get the day off so I ended up quitting without giving notice.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Short breaks, no comission
I love
Commission Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 23, 2016
I love this particular location. Every One is nie and helpful. Really peaceful enviorment to come to work. Very minimal merchanding.
People are the best
Planner Outerwear, Swim and Birdcage (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2016
Lord & Taylor has some of the best people working for them, smart, driven, hard working. With the right boss lots of independence. Great Executive Trainee program. Opportunities to do on campus recruiting.
Pros
Unlimited Paid Time Off. Casual dress code. Great new office location
Cons
Health care benefits are not competitive.
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 13, 2016
Nice place overall. but it can definitely is some work in the management department. They do not appreciate there employees.
Asset Protection
Asset Protection Investigator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 11, 2016
Good job. Asset Protection isn't for everyone. Lots of downtime while watching cameras, but still need to be on top of your game. Need to spot small details with people and know when to go forward or when to back off
great job
sales (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJAugust 11, 2016
Its a great job get to meet new people everyday. On the days I worked I would help customers find what they like and if I couldn't find anything they want I would do my best to find something similar that they like.
Pros
good experience
Cons
not enough workers
Overwhelming and tiring
Seasonal Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2016
Learn much about time management - looks great on resume - great understanding for merchandiser - can be negative environment - peers communicated poorly
Pros
Scheduling was set, if needed more hours they are generous
Cons
Pay was not the best
Friendly, easy going workplace
Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 3, 2016
A typical day working stock you start very early and could either be very easy going, just marking down merchandise prices and securing merchandise with security tags, etc. or be more involved with unloading pallets of new merchandise, processing and putting merchandise in it's correct department and trying to find room for over stock.

I learned how to be more engaging with customers as well as how to fit male customers for dress shirts, process merchandise, re price or mark down merchandise and do inventory.

Management for the most part was almost always friendly and understanding. Sometimes I felt they went about stuff the wrong way or could have better improved either the store or their rules.

My co-workers were usually very nice and helpful and very easy to get along with. I made a lot of friend and met a lot of interesting people.

I'd have to say the hardest part of the job would be the heavy lifting and moving that was sometimes part of working the stock position.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with and the friendships I made. Although, I felt very accomplished after the days when we either had a lot of stock work to do in a short amount of time and finished on time or got a lot of heavy lifting and moving done.
Pros
Understanding management, hard work was acknowledged and rewarded
Cons
Employee discounts were only done through a credit card, employees could only purchase store goods with Lord & Taylor card
Productive Environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2016
Fashion oriented, young people, fun place to work.
requires 100% attention and very high demand, some associated can be intimidated to someone who is not "thick skinned" and "seasoned". most of associated are unexperienced and pretend to be.
Pros
some really nice people
Cons
stress
Classy place to work!
Sales Associate (Beauty/Cosmetics) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at work was always exciting but could be pretty laid back.

I learned a lot about skincare and cosmetics, how each counter builds and retains their client base via special and giveaways.

Management was very flexible and patient. Very fair when in scheduling.

My co-workers were all friendly and flexible when it came to trading shifts.

The hardest part of the job was transporting big boxes.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the events during the holiday season.
Pros
great employee discounts
Cons
not enough hours
Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 25, 2016
No that many comments at this job, on this job the only thing that you can learn is about customer service, the management is not that very good, your co-workers have two faces,
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 21, 2016
Great place to work. Learn more and more about fashion and retail everyday. Clean high end atmosphere. Would recommend working here.
I enjoy my employee and management team.
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 12, 2016
Company provides great training to management and employees. Overall the company is a good place to work, learn and have fun.
Pros
family environment
Cons
health benefits
great place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 12, 2016
okay place to work. great people they will help you if you need it. you make a lot of new friends and you meet a lot of different people.