Lord & Taylor Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to work until...
sales manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 21, 2016
I liked my job at Lord and taylor until management is on my back about my sph ( sales per hour). I make goals for the counter i work with but nothing its not enough. You need to reach sales goals or they fire you... you do something good they find something else that you need to work on. Mainly sales. It's too competitive and too much pressure for not enough pay. For what management or " corporate " expects from you I've realized it's not worth the stress or my nights and weekends to be taken away from me, and the constant pressure to meet daily goals. It was fun at first but now I'll be forced to look for something else because I could be terminated soon... I encourage you not to work at this lord and taylor.
Pros
Employee discount, paid vacations, health insurance 401k.
Cons
Nights and weekends hours, too much pressure to meet goals, not enough support from management.
Horrible place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 5, 2016
I am a former Customer Service Associate for Lord & Taylor / Hudson Bay Company. Very unorganized company. Customers called in with complaints all the time, they would lose packages and charge customers serveral times instead of once. Horrible management team for the most part. I had one excellent manager who was promoted to work force manager. After he was promoted I was put with the worse manager I have ever had at a company. Always negative, condescending, would call on your day off over something you didn't do. She was the main reason I left the company. Low pay, no room of advancement, no support system, horrible benefits and during busy season I had 100-200 calls waiting on que. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!
Pros
work from home
Cons
pay, management, very stressful
Lord & Taylor is a fine retail establishemnt to shop and work.
Area Sales Manager, Fine Jewelry/Watches (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 26, 2016
As a Lord & Taylor sales manager, you are faced with many day to day challenges. The company offers you numerous tools with which to accomplish these challenges. I enjoyed my co-workers who were always available for support. I thoroughly enjoy meeting new people and helping the general public. The hardest part of the job was finding dependable sales associates.
Pros
Generous benefits
as a manager you work a lot of hours with no compensation
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, NJFebruary 5, 2016
managers work 50 + jours a week.

A typical week you do markdowns, schedules, setting sales, claims, floor moves. An ASM does several jobs including merchandising, sales, scheduling, Human resources.
Pros
great employee discount.
Cons
poor compensation and work long hours
it is a job
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 25, 2016
long hours benefits not compensated the pay is not
enough the most enjoyable is going on break the fork lift computer co-workers good
Some What Productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2016
It has its busy days and its slow days, hardest part of that job is trying to make a decent salary especially if you work on commission and have to process a lot of returns
fun and productive
Visual Merchandising (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2016
VFC has so many great job opportunities of growth, great place to work for it is fun but still being professional. Benefits are great!
Benefits are not good.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2015
See above. Benefits are terrible, benefits for new hires are terrible, work/life balance is not good, and the company as a whole is very disorganized.
Good place to work and grow. Salary based on experience
Department Manager of Shoes (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 21, 2015
Good company to work for, Compensation is based on experience. Had respect for their managers. Nice working conditions and a nice vacation plan and time off for working holidays. Need more coverage for the selling floor. Not enough help for the amount of work required.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of help for the amount of work it took to run a dept. store.
Lord and Taylor
Recieving/ maintenance (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 5, 2015
Friendly people.
I worked during the day and I help with merchandise and organize.
I organize store merchandise and replace light fixture. I also clean and buff the floors with machine. The floors were very clean.
I enjoy the nice people and being busy all the time.
Pros
friendly people, always something to do
Cons
no benefits
Humanity
Loss Prevention Investigator Huntington (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYOctober 23, 2015
The company is interested in the overall capacity of its growth and development of its employees. Decent amount of non political apprehensions.
Pros
Employee discount sales
benefits
Team work makes the dream work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 25, 2015
Team work atmosphere, competitive, friendly, and I learned quite a lot by being apart of Lord and Taylor. Room for growth limited and compensation not worth all your hard work.
Amazing coworkers and great learning experience!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJMay 17, 2016
Everyday was a new day going to work. Although, it did not feel like work. My coworkers were great, including out manager at the time. Everyday we met new people, and not only would we teach out clients new tips and tricks at the counter, sometimes they even had something new to teach us. It was a great working environment. We set up the counters to look presentable and inviting. Making phone calls, and keeping in touch with clients was very big. Customer service was key.
A great place to work
Handbag/Accessories/COACH Floater (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 13, 2016
Working at Lord and Taylor was a wonderful experience. Working in the customer service field is great, and interaction with the customers was fun. I learned more about the retail industry and my love of fashion. Management at Lord and Taylor was great, and the only concern was that the position was only seasonal. The most enjoyable part of the job was being surrounded by fashion and provided excellent customer service.
Pros
One hour lunches, weekly compensation
The enviornment is very stressful because of the demographic we cater to.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 28, 2016
Interacting with customers daily has strengthened my patience and listen skills leading to a satisfactory decision. A lack of communication coming from management I found communication to be lacking between management and associates. I enjoy interacting with people regardless of their outlook I am an up beat person.
Cons
Anual reviews raises leaves a lot to be desired.
Busy Retail Environment
Supervisor Appointment Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 9, 2016
Busy day handling 3 DC's schedules. My team ensures the vendors they have appointments to bring the merchandise to the DC. We fix all issues with the appointment booking system, Appointments are booked for vendors who can't. Partner with Vendor Compliance and HBC Transportation to ensure all vendors are shipping correctly and are picked up in a timely manner.
Workplace was a decent palce to be
Call Center Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  wilkes barre paJanuary 17, 2015
At lord and taylor my job was simply to take calls and assist the customer in everyway possible. To go above and beyond. I came in as a seasonal employee and was told regularly that the company keeps most employees on the basis of your call time and attendence. I hardly missed a day until i got the flu and was continuously praised on my call times. i received praise from customers and felt that i had done my job to the best of my abilities and wa re assured not to worry about a permanent position. The management did what they wanted to do problems that needed to be solved often were put off to the side and the wait times that customers had due to lack of management doing their jobs
Pros
not a tiring enviornment
Cons
no holiday pay as seasonal. hard on missed days . management
Good settings in the workplace.
seasonal Sales Associate - The Mall at Columbia (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 4, 2016
Great place to work, loved the store in general.

The co-workers made it easy to go to work, they are lovely people and i still communicate with some of them.

The management was very helpful and made sure you understood what was going on in the store.

The most enjoyable part was the interaction I had with the clientele.
Pros
A relax place to rest and eat your lunch.
Culture has changed
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 28, 2015
Sales Associates are mostly hard working and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
Hours are long but rewarding when positive results are achieved.
Co-workers have a good support system in place.
Senior managers have become less supportive. The moral and dedication of the staff has suffered from this change.
The amount of respect earned from associates and co-workers is the most rewarding part of the job.
Pros
working with customers, good discount
Cons
long hours, lack of support
Not much room for advancement, but a good starting place for college students .
Social Recreational Director (Current Employee) –  Lodi, NJMarch 16, 2016
Not much to do if you're not interacting with customers. There is a lot of standing around. It's a typical retail job, but the clothes, management, and overall company has a good atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lord & Taylor. Our community is ready to answer.