Lord & Taylor Employee Reviews

Great group of people
Special Projects Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Eastchester, NYAugust 17, 2017
The comradery of people who work for Lord and Taylor is wonderful. There were times where I felt I wasn't at work but just hanging out with friends and family while we did a job.
Productive Work Place
staff safety and asset protection (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2017
Typical day at work is always busy, all employees work as a team w/ Asset Protection. I am always learning something new with merchandise coming in and out of the store and how much the value is for merchandise. Management is always available to helping anyone in their departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is how well the security is organize and how well we work together as a team.
Pros
free lunch, perk/discounts
Cons
nothing really
The salary is to low to work for them. for me it's a slave work, no recommendation.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAAugust 16, 2017
It was a temporary job, however, the experience was not healthy for me. One of the executive was screaming at me constantly and I had witnesses, it was very unprofessional. The other part was that I had to keep making phone calls in order to get pay. Still now my pay check for a few days in July has not send to me yet. Unbelievable. The executive who was screaming at me called me to offer permanent employment for $8.00/hr.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 14, 2017
The environment is very inviting the work is simple and the people are nice this includes coworkers customers and management I would definitely recommend working here
Steer clear!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 13, 2017
By far the worst place I have ever worked! Our jobs were constantly threatened by management for no reason. The GM is horrible for so many reasons that I won't go into. Other associates stole sales, the store is so incredibly understaffed, everything at this location is a mess! I took a pay cut to get out of this place.
Pros
Absolutely none.
Cons
Everything, and I do mean everything. Mostly management.
great work place
friendly more like family
slow day
seeing different people daily
work was always enjoyable
always had good days at work
Pros
learn alot
Cons
nights and weekends
Great company with lots of growth potential
Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 11, 2017
I was fortunate to have a great experience working at Lord & Taylor with an excellent team and leadership. HBC the owning company is very smart about how they conduct business making it a stable company.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Competitive
boring
Commission Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYAugust 10, 2017
THEY LIED, THERE IS NO BASE PAY FOR COMMISSION! I worked in the shoes department. I felt like my own boss, never got in trouble for coming in late or leaving early. Got to go on break anytime i wanted. Slow days were horrible. A lot of times, my manager wasn't even there. I should have transferred departments. do not work in shoes!
Pros
great discount. friendly coworkers.
Cons
horrible pay
Fun work place
Pool stock (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 10, 2017
I loved working for this company. Positive attitudes, everyone is willing to help everyone. Management is always wonderful. Kind and understand when an emergency happens.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
competitive and stressful environment to work at
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYAugust 9, 2017
most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers. hardest part of the job was dealing with the managers. workplace culture was diverse. management was very poor, needs a lot of help. I learned a lot in the cosmetics department with dealing with the skin, as well as how to drive sales. typical day at work is helping the customers, dealing with the managers and being told to clean other departments.
Pros
samples, first try
Cons
management
prodcutive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 8, 2017
the employees are friendly and welcoming, great experience working with people who are willing to help and teach you and help you adjust to environment.
Pros
work environment
Cons
customers
Its A Cool Job
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
Lord & Taylor can teach you many things that you don't know already & the managers are very work with able. You can most definitely learn a lot about retail working here.
Very nice store to work in
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10018August 6, 2017
I started as a sell associate. But I wanted to do more. They saw I was a good worker and did what I need to do with any complains. I wanted to be promoted and they did.
Pros
wonderful manager then really trains you.
Cons
Fascinating to start then went to very competitive.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Rockaway Mall, NJAugust 5, 2017
First starting my position I was thrilled with the work and management. Now am looking elsewhere for the fufillment I once received at Lord & Taylor.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Short or no breaks
Learned alot being a sales Representative
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
This job taught me how to multi task. You have to be on your toes at all times selling women's clothes and running the cash register as well. An extremely high paced environment and very gratifying working with customers needs and wants. Plus
my former colleagues were a great team.
Pros
Great Environment to work in.
Cons
busy store with alot of customers
Sales Associate/Customer Service/trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2017
I liked working @ Lord and Taylor because I loved the clothes and the clients were always happy to shop and I liked giving them ideas and showing them around the store. I also got a nice discount, which I thought was great. .Keeping our customers happy was one of our upmost concerns We had a lot of merchandise to stock so I would also inventory and stock floor..
Pros
discounted clothes
Cons
your feet hurt after standing so long.
Very competitive atmosphere
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTAugust 1, 2017
Working at Lord and Taylor was a good experience for me. It gave me the experience of working and meeting with different people of all ages. Which helped me learn how to use different techniques on solving problems and keeping the customer happy.
My say in the Workplace.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 1, 2017
As a warehouse associate at Lord & Taylor I found the work environment fast-paced.
Learning something new is what I am about, I enjoy working as well as with others. Lord and Taylor has given me skills that I know can be useful in many jobs in the possible future. I believe the work that was given was a little more than tiring but was sure to know that hard work can lead many to success.
Sales and Cashier associate (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYAugust 1, 2017
I love L & T. Didn't always keep me busy but I always looked for things to do. I loved working with the customers and that made the customers happy. Brought alot of clothes there and got a great discount so that kept me happy
productive but fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 27, 2017
i loved working there. the hours were kind of crazy at t times but it was an amazing learning experience. i learned alot more about customer service and organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lord & Taylor. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval