Lord & Taylor Employee Reviews

Hectic during holiday season with lack of staff
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NJDecember 12, 2017
sales associate in kids' dept. Assist customers finding what they need and ring them up. Learned to be patient toward coworkers and customers. Workplace culture, lack of team work. Hardest part of the job, manager doesn't take your side or defend work ethics when customer complains, doesn't compliment hard work performed, doesn't listen to our side of story. Most enjoyable part of the job when customer showed and expressed appreciation for finding items for them.
Pros
Seeing cute babies when parents bring them in to shop.
Cons
no appreciation from managers, lack of staff
productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  lakeforest mallDecember 11, 2017
A typical day at Lord and Taylor was very busy but at the same time very productive. Enjoyed working with the customers and learned how to help them find the merchandise they were looking for and give them some ideas on a nice merchandise to purchase and very much so liked. Every sales associate was very helpful to customers and one another. The hardest part of the job was perfectionist making sure everything goes well and the floor and the customers were tend to. The most enjoyable part of working at Lord and Taylor was being able to help are customers with their visit to the store and working with great people and experiencing my first time working in a clothing store and giving me some experience.
Pros
coworkers that were very helpful
Cons
lunch breaks sometimes it will get to busy to have one are was rushed
no growth
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2017
management wasn't great and i found very little if any opportunity to grow there. the culture was not uplifting and the leadership needs an over haul.
Work was easy but not secure
Picker/ Packer (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 11, 2017
Work environment felt more like high school which has its pros and cons. Though the biggest qualm was steady work hours, especially when working inbound or temp
Pros
easy work, kind management
Cons
fluctuating hours, coworkers behaviours
Seasonal Associate
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 10, 2017
The job extended to me originally was for a seasonal position with the company. During the time spent working with the company employees were very pleasant to work with along with management being of great assistance when needing help on a task or item given to the associate.
Great products and good discounts
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 10, 2017
Responsible for generating sales by accurately determining customers' needs and finalizing sales in a friendly efficient manner, also set sales goals, complete account receivables & manage employees. Responsible for maintaining & documenting monthly sales and increasing productivity of staff & cosmetic lines.
Competitive Salary
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
Very Aggressive goals. Supportive management. Completive pay, overtime, and time off. Rotate weekends off. Great discount for employees. Late night shifts during holidays.
Not a good Management team, poor treatment towards employees, bad pay , hostile environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 6, 2017
Bad experience working there , bad environment, not good pay, poor Management, hostile environment, long hours, and many more things lalalalalalalakala
Active work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2017
I was cross train in sales and cashier for BcBg shoes. On a average day I re-stock items that wasn’t on the floor counting the front stock and back stock made orders. Also counted the cash box. Active working moment
Pros
Discounts, Tips
Cons
Short break s.
Fast paced environment/on your feet for many hours.
Sales Associate/Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 5, 2017
Must be able to be on your feet for many hours and move garments. You are expected to guide customers throughout the store and keep a clientele notebook. You are required to meet a certain SPH (Sales Per Hour).
Cashier / stock (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 1, 2017
I did not like working here , you don't get any help , the pay was not enough , wasn't enough. Hours , you had to fold and pick up too many clothes .
Fast paced and collaborative
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 1, 2017
A typical day at L&T was spent folding clothes and taking care of my section. For the most part interaction with the customers was usually nice. Even the other employees there were very helpful especially when they found out it was my first job. I think the hardest part sometimes was finding away home at night since I was new to Connecticut.
Pros
Good peoples and discounts
Cons
The occasional mad customer
free coffe on saturday
Fulfillment Lead (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJNovember 27, 2017
Retail is really a job I would suggest for anyone. Long hours and thankless. The job was ok not really a career choice for anyone in my opinion. it came in handy when in between jobs.
Pros
discounts on store merchandise
Ok PLace To Work
Sales Associate/Women's Shoes, Dresses (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJNovember 18, 2017
I worked part-time at Lord & Taylor for 3 years and I never had an issue working there. The associates are mostly helpful and friendly and the hours were decent if you want to make money. But, you are on your feet a long time and the breaks are few, but comply with NJ employments laws. I would work part time for them again if they asked.
Pros
The discounts are terrific, the assoicates are nice
Cons
On your feet a long time in between breaks
retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2017
helping many customers find different clothing and shoes items in various different sizes. Puked shoes and clothing from stock for customers and restocking. It was enjoyable to help people.
A sinking ship
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 17, 2017
Company will say they give raises like a bonus/reward however no one receives it. Broken promises and MAJOR last minute decisions are a way of life here. Department actives (except an x-mas lunch) are self-funded by staffers. No constructive feedback from managers, quarterly check ins, or room to grow. Cigna insurance with unreachable deductibles. Turnover is an issue throughout the entire company.
Pros
25% discount online and in store. Minimal micromanagement
Cons
No raises or recognition
Not very organized.
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJNovember 15, 2017
I would get to work and be told what I need to do. There were a ton of different jobs that I would do that they never trained me for but I had to learn as I worked. I didn't learn much I just scanned and carried boxes. As far as the culture it's a typical retail store a lot of people way older than me so I didn't talk to many people. The hardest part was having to carry things in places that were extremely packed and were just always like that. The back parts of the store are a mess. Ive had to carry tables I could hardly lift in tight hallways where there was literally shattered glass on the floor. I am thankful for that job and opportunity but they need more people in receiving because the work load being put on that section is too much for the few people in there.
Nice first Job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTNovember 15, 2017
This was my first job in retail and I enjoyed working here. The management was very friendly and accommodating to my first work experience. Hours were consistent and the discount was considerable.
poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 14, 2017
none of the managers at lord and taylor are capable of managing such a huge department store. I wouldnt recommend the King of Prussia location because the managers aren't what they paint theirselves out to be
horrible work environment, unfriendly co-workers, hard to get bonuses
Commissioned Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 12, 2017
When you're busy, you have too much to do, but when you're not, you are bored to death. Long hours with half hour breaks, expensive lunch options, hard to get commission with competitive co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lord & Taylor. Our community is ready to answer.