Lord & Taylor

Lord & Taylor Employer Reviews

Fun place to provide custumer service
Bridal Consultant & High End Designer Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2014
time management was an essential part of the work day. The commision based enviroment made for a chanllenging work enviroment. The hardest part of a given day was making higher sales when it was a slow. My most enjoyable part of my experience was the vast amount of people i would meet daily!
Very laid back and easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIMarch 14, 2014
A typical day at Lord & Taylor is very easy, but you have a lot of down time when there are no customers. There isn't much to clean unless you're cleaning up after other employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually talking and interacting with customers, the only hard part about the job was finding shoes because the stock room being so – more... big.
The only thing bad about this job is the fact that returns affect your commission based pay. – less
Fun and beautiful place to shop
Sales Associate (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: breakfast
Cons: short break
Customer issue with wrong tag.
Dealing with customer with respect
Good
Nice
All went well
Beautiful Christmas decoration and line of customers
This is a great place to work.
Desktop Services Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 9, 2014
This is a great place to work. This is a great place to work. This is a great place to work. This is a great place to work. This is a great place to work.
Its a job
commission sales associate (Current Employee), Ridgehill yonkers,nyMarch 7, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: workin on commission, the pay, owin the company
I love my Co workers but workin on commission is horrible. If you don't make quota you owe the company. This location is slow very little traffic.
Hostile Environment not corrected by management
Cosmetics Counter Manager (Former Employee), Rockaway New JerseyMarch 7, 2014
Pros: opportunity to sell to great customers
Cons: peers are allowed to reprimand and tell you what to do
Very difficult to work independently to build your business especially if you are very qualified for the position you hold. You are constantly told by numerous managers/peers that you are doing the wrong thing whether your ideas are tried and proven in other companies. Much disrespect and back stabbing within the department that is not corrected by – more... management or human resources. – less
ok place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJMarch 4, 2014
I never worked there. it was agency but I think they are fairly good.
Good employee/employer relations
Floor Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2014
Supervised the dept.’s Sales Associates and monitored their sales/commissions 40 hours per week
Oversees mark downs and monthly inventory (Department of $15 million/year stock)
Facilitated/represented the department’s meetings at general meetings.
Submitted pertinent documentation of the department to the executive board.
productive,physical
women's shoe stock (Former Employee), Eastchester, NYMarch 2, 2014
Pros: everyone was treated equal, no stress, good hours
Cons: just other managers telling you to do things that aren't in your job description
Every morning when i came in at 7a.m. me and about three other co-workers would unload the truck and put the women's shoes on to flatbed carts in order to bring them upstairs on the frieght elevator. we would then bring each box according to vendor and place them in the stock room in their section. After, this is finished each worker is assigned a work – more... area where we would have to unpack the boxes and put them into the wall by name and style. This way it made it easier for sales asscociates to find what shoe or botts they were looking for. I learned how to work alone and figure things out when times get hard, interact with customers and other co-workers sometimes making it easier to get the job done. I enjoyed the people i worked with. – less
organized and collaborative environment
Stock/ sales associate (Current Employee), old orchardFebruary 11, 2014
Working at lord and Taylor is a great working environment, as a stock by i help other sales associate out by helping them with their daily task so that the store functions properly, as a stoker i work in the operations team and help to maintain the proper functioning of the store. The staff are all friendly and get along with each other very well.
Fast paced sales environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (SEASONAL), JEWELRY (Former Employee), Bay Shore, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: sales experience
Cons: slow sales days
I was a sales associated in the Fine Jewelry Dept. A typical day with be dealing with inventory control, customers, and at times management to review new procedures. I learned a tremendous amount about sales in a department store environment, and worked with a team of about four other sales associates. The hardest part would be not making a sale, and – more... the best part would interacting with different types of interesting customers. – less
Fast Pace, fun and friendly
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2014
I enjoyed working at Lord&Taylor because of the fast paced environment it offered. I stayed busy throughout the day even when the sales floor was "slow". I was either setting up planograms for new or future sales, marking down merchandise that were going on sale, reviewing future products, attending sales meetings, training associates... the list goes – more... on. I enjoyed customer interaction, I loved dealing with customers who were unhappy when the walked in and left out with a smile. Emlpoyees were extremely friendly and I looked forward to going to work everyday. – less
I loved the customers
Shoe Department Associate/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2014
A typical work day at Lord & Taylor was doing go-backs, supervising the fitting room and of course interacting with customers. I loved styling customers and helping them with their everyday purchase. When I was promoted to shoes the ability to make your own salary was great.
Excellent workplace--amazing clientele
NARS Cosmetics Counter Manager (Current Employee), Braintree, MAJanuary 29, 2014
- I love the opportunity to help others feel good about themselves
Fast Pace
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee), Livingston, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Cons: more work than pay, no benefits
I worked at Lord&Taylor during the holiday season so, it was extremely fast pace. I greeted customers, worked the register, and stocked. My manager was out of touch with her staff. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Fun work place
Sales Associate Brand Specialist (Former Employee), Westfield, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: hour lunch 15min breaks
Love working at Lord& Taylor.I love working with my co-worker.
Creative Atmosphere
Visual Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2014
In the Visual Department, we had a small team and were able to use our own creative vision. There are long hours at times, and different seasons call for long crunch times where the windows are concerned.
Lord & Taylor
L&T Executive (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 24, 2014
I work as an executive at the L&T DC in WB. Everyday is fast paced and something new to take on and learn from.I work with great people all working to continue making L&T successful. I am constantly learning everyday how the Retail Industry works and what makes L&T so successful.
Fun place to work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), West Nyack NY 10954January 23, 2014
Nice people to work with. Customers very appreciative.
Seasonal position only.
Fun for sales and having something to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: in the mall, discounts
Cons: low pay, weird hours
OK place if you like fashion and sales. I met new people who were nice. Management was fine somewhat.

About Lord & Taylor

Founded in 1826, Lord & Taylor has been offering designer fashions to Manhattan's most distinguished and discerning shoppers – Read more