Lord & Taylor Employee Reviews

competitive and stressful environment to work at
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYAugust 9, 2017
most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers. hardest part of the job was dealing with the managers. workplace culture was diverse. management was very poor, needs a lot of help. I learned a lot in the cosmetics department with dealing with the skin, as well as how to drive sales. typical day at work is helping the customers, dealing with the managers and being told to clean other departments.
Pros
samples, first try
Cons
management
prodcutive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 8, 2017
the employees are friendly and welcoming, great experience working with people who are willing to help and teach you and help you adjust to environment.
Pros
work environment
Cons
customers
Its A Cool Job
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
Lord & Taylor can teach you many things that you don't know already & the managers are very work with able. You can most definitely learn a lot about retail working here.
Very nice store to work in
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10018August 6, 2017
I started as a sell associate. But I wanted to do more. They saw I was a good worker and did what I need to do with any complains. I wanted to be promoted and they did.
Pros
wonderful manager then really trains you.
Cons
Fascinating to start then went to very competitive.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Rockaway Mall, NJAugust 5, 2017
First starting my position I was thrilled with the work and management. Now am looking elsewhere for the fufillment I once received at Lord & Taylor.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Short or no breaks
Learned alot being a sales Representative
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
This job taught me how to multi task. You have to be on your toes at all times selling women's clothes and running the cash register as well. An extremely high paced environment and very gratifying working with customers needs and wants. Plus
my former colleagues were a great team.
Pros
Great Environment to work in.
Cons
busy store with alot of customers
Sales Associate/Customer Service/trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2017
I liked working @ Lord and Taylor because I loved the clothes and the clients were always happy to shop and I liked giving them ideas and showing them around the store. I also got a nice discount, which I thought was great. .Keeping our customers happy was one of our upmost concerns We had a lot of merchandise to stock so I would also inventory and stock floor..
Pros
discounted clothes
Cons
your feet hurt after standing so long.
Very competitive atmosphere
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTAugust 1, 2017
Working at Lord and Taylor was a good experience for me. It gave me the experience of working and meeting with different people of all ages. Which helped me learn how to use different techniques on solving problems and keeping the customer happy.
My say in the Workplace.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 1, 2017
As a warehouse associate at Lord & Taylor I found the work environment fast-paced.
Learning something new is what I am about, I enjoy working as well as with others. Lord and Taylor has given me skills that I know can be useful in many jobs in the possible future. I believe the work that was given was a little more than tiring but was sure to know that hard work can lead many to success.
Sales and Cashier associate (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYAugust 1, 2017
I love L & T. Didn't always keep me busy but I always looked for things to do. I loved working with the customers and that made the customers happy. Brought alot of clothes there and got a great discount so that kept me happy
productive but fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 27, 2017
i loved working there. the hours were kind of crazy at t times but it was an amazing learning experience. i learned alot more about customer service and organization
Professional workplace
Sales Vendor (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 26, 2017
At Lord and Taylor I learned the retail business in a professional casual environment. While working in the hospitality industry full time and picking up shifts at the mall, it was nice to learn another aspect of the customer service industry.
excellent place to work
Counter Manager, Bobbi Brown (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 24, 2017
Great people , very professional excellent management great place to work. I'm really enjoying helping other people with the skin care
needs, believe that we have the best quality products in the market.
Carolina
Pros
Free coffee and snacks
high energy company
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Lord & Taylor. The company is very high energy, trained their employees well and compensated them by promoting from within. I learned a lot about time management, customer service and employee relations.
Fast paced environment.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 24, 2017
When I first started at Lord & Taylor I was not sure how I was going to adapt to this type of work environment. As I learned how to work my way around, I found it very easy work. I was first shown to make the packages, then moved up to loading the products into conveirbelts, as I got better at loading the products onto the right direction, I was shown how to scan the products as well as ship them out. I enjoyed working as a warehouse associate because even though many believe it is a difficult job for some individuals, I am one individual who likes working in fast paced environments.
Sales Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 23, 2017
Long days . Hard working people. Managers work hard and are great to work with.
A day can start between 6am to 11 pm
Extra hours are expected
Company Support is lacking, The managers work hard to over come the lake of support.
I enjoy the group of people I work with.
Easy but physical work day
Part-time Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJJuly 18, 2017
• Customer service
• Unloaded and sorted truck merchandise
• Sensor/prepped merchandise for the sales floor
• Replenished register supplies
• Participated in the execution of floor moves
Productive and very busy
Distribution Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 17, 2017
It's very busy during holidays but coworkers are very helpful working as a team..but when work is slow it's alot of layoffs for a long period of time...I learned alot from working inbound,outbound,and doing returns...the supervisors were great in output very helpful and understanding
Great job to start off with!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 16, 2017
You can have a very flexible work schedule even if you are a college student or not. The employees and the managers are very friendly. It's great to work there.
great retail company to work for
Sales, Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 15, 2017
i had multiple positions with this company over the years I was there. Great company to work for and all the employees to management were wonderful to work with and for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lord & Taylor. Our community is ready to answer.