Lord & Taylor Employee Reviews

fun work place
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 2, 2017
Typical day is putting out stock and helping customers

I learned that department stores interact less than specialty stores because its usually only one associate in a area.

The workplace is quiet but yet productive. The lunch breaks are fun because of the several associate breaking at the same time.
Pros
morning pep talk
Cons
one associate in area zone
Department Store
Sales (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILApril 30, 2017
LT is a department store that I worked for and it was what it was, a department store. No career possibilities so I needed a change. I had a few jobs after but none were a place one could have any way to earn a living wage.
Pros
Paychecks
Cons
No way to advance
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 27, 2017
I worked in the office answering phones assisting the Area Sales managers and the General manager with the support that they needed. I also helped supported the back of house staff.
Workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2017
Great environment Meet people from all over the world working in one of the most oldest landmarks in NY was an amazing experience people are open mined to your opinion
Pros
Restaurant in building
Cons
Pay
Enjoyable fast-paced job
Seasonal window visual merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2017
This job was a union paid job, so the only issues that arose were from the management, and us in the union about what we were responsible to do, and what because of the union we didnt have to do.
Competitive in shoes department
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 26, 2017
Worked draw commission based so some weeks you made the minimum wage. It was disappointing when you had to go on vacation and be in a negative and have to make up for the returns. Other than the pay, the work atmosphere was very competitive. Cannot grow from within which is terrible. My manager was amazing but, upper management wasn't the greatest.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
bad pay
Nice college job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 26, 2017
I worked as an "on call" sales associate. It was good for extra cash while I was in school but I didn't realize until later all the lesson it taught me. Working in retail really takes a special kind of person to handle it and execute satisfactory customer service. I learned patience; how to keep up in a fast-paced environment; and how to keep up with a dynamic workplace.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 26, 2017
Great place to work. Every employee is very supportive. Not stressful at all. Long days better than short days. Manager is very nice and very relaxed.
Cons
Poor wages
Run don't walk!
Beauty Advisor/Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 26, 2017
Worst retailer by far for compensation! They pay nothing, understaffed,careless about most employees. Department managers were nice but have way to much responsibility for 1 person. They hold no value to experience.
Pros
employees discount if you agree to the credit card, decent merchandise
Cons
No pay
The staff are the best.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 25, 2017
With 16 years plus you are sure I loved what I did each. I have never come home having a boring day. Each day had its new challenges,fast pace exciting people an atmosphere to keep you on your toes.
Pros
Great discounts, great people .
Cons
Long hours, working holidays.
Good job culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. It was a good new experience for me and I learned a lot from it. I got along well with employees and we all felt the company did great with the scheduling and the way they made us feel, as employees.
Pros
Good hiring times, compensation
Cons
Scheduled slots
Love this job
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 24, 2017
Working with Lord & Taylors was a great experience, we had fashion shows & various events for customers and all of the employees were involved. The fashion shows, the people, the overall experience was great!
Not the best place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 24, 2017
The area manager for dresses is awesome. The store manager, however, is a different story. They only offer part-time, and don't care about their employees
Pros
Co-workers are friendly
Cons
Management sucks
Dislike
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Novi, MI 48377April 24, 2017
I didn't like working here, I don't like how you had to open up to a certain amount of credit cards each week, and when you do you get $2 dollars for it. But on your paycheck, they charge you up to $5 dollars for using their systems. It was always overly stressful, with customers and the overload of work they put on one person.
Pros
Atmosphere, co-workers and management are awesome.
Cons
Unpaid lunches, and can push too much work for one employee for only minimum wage.
Very good working environment and customer friend
Jewelry Consultant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02199April 22, 2017
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed at Lord and Taylor, I enjoy the working environment. The company has very good working environment and customer friendly. Very good work schedule provided in advance. Balanced working conditions. Jewelry Department workmates are friendly, cooperative and knowledgeable. Workmates have teamwork spirit. The work space is accommodating customers desires.
Pros
Free Lunches occasionally
Cons
An hour short breaks
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAApril 21, 2017
Was nices to work ovether but Im looking for a job monday to friday and they only have routing schedule and also was 12 hours per they and tha was to much
stock
Reciever/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 20, 2017
lord n Taylors shippment and receiving have to be able to to operate in a fast pace and a lot of muscles need to be used its fun place to work the hardest part is when theres more then one truck to unload and things have to be out on the floors by a certain time
Highly Volatile Work Space
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
Lord and Taylor did not provide health benefits. Workloads were extreme. Management was not supportative. A typical day at work included belittling from management, and super lazy employees
Pros
None; Zilch
Lack of advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYApril 18, 2017
Good workplace for level entry employees not looking for advancement.
Good second job to have.
Great deal findings
Good work culture for the most part
Temporary Position
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2017
It was a seasonal position during the holidays. Duties include stocking customer service asistant. which gave me a good start with working with people.
Pros
good pay
Cons
seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lord & Taylor. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval