Lord Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Great Private Company
Aerospace Engineering Technical Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 28, 2016
LORD had a wonderful culture to be around. Everyone was helpful, unfortunately growth in the company was hard to come by on the Engineering side.
Lord review
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 13, 2016
Learned a lot about big buisness. Challenging work, work was too short, Managment could use some new direction. Learned plenty
management is horrible. from humsn resources to plant manager to production manager to shift supervisor
laborer (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 1, 2015
Don't go to third shift. Egotistical arrogant lazy fake Christian acting supervisor. Bowling green KY management is horrible. If you don't get under the desk you wont move up no matter how hard you work. They over hire and then fire people for anything. Hr is worthless, they can't keep a plant manager, the production manager is way over paid and the shift supervisors are clueless of the production operations and machines, and the team leads are lazy who didn't get their job by working hard. Maintenance sucks too
Great place to work flexible 8 hrs. I worked from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm
Electronics Technologist, Harness and Test (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 11, 2015
Worked with some great people. Some not so. Luck of the draw for your manager.Expectations of technicians is beyond capabilities sometimes.Sometimes involved with 4 or more projects a day as someone else has a new requirement. The 2 to 3 hours in the morning before any one else showed up is when I got most of my scheduled work done. The rest of the day was dealing with all the requests that were constantly arising.
Respectful Workplace
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 4, 2015
They hire good people and provide above-average benefits. Flexible and friendly work environment, especially for technical professionals. I was never micromanaged or treated unprofessionally in any way. Lots of emphasis on innovation; if you come up with something new and different and it sells, you may have a job for life.
lord corporation
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 21, 2015
a typical day at lords is disorganization dis respectful lead people and no one can solve any issue. and the operator is always to blame never-mind that the equipment is very old and basically junk.
Pros
exalent benafits
Cons
3rd shift no opportunity to advance
Well rounded starter job
Injection Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowlng Green kyOctober 15, 2015
This company is a good place to start acquiring manufactering experience. Work environment is small, so therefore its harder to work up a be a leader
Fun place to work with great people
Continuos Flow Operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge Springs, PASeptember 29, 2015
Challenging showing up to work everyday running a different machine. A lot to learn but worth it! Always learning something new that helps you grow with the company!
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ErieAugust 28, 2015
Enjoyed working there. Good people. Be prepared for a union environment. Stressful at times but there is always someone willing to help.
Typical day at Lord
Product Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2015
A typical day at Lord Corporation is a lot of lifting, standing, squatting, twisting, pulling and walking. The hardest part about the job is not knowing what your day will be like when you come in. It's a challenge but I enjoy the challenges because I like to see if I can overcome them. It's a small facility so it's really family oriented and that's what I like about it. I've learned how to be more personal with people and more approachable. Lord is not a bad place to work at, I just don't want to keep putting wear and tear on my body. I've been doing this type of work for ten years now. I would say it's really starting to catch up with me.
Pros
Benefits, medical, 401K, short commute
Cons
Too much lifiting and pulling, alot of wear and tear on the body

Want to know more about Lord Corporation?

Ask a question
global company
privately held company
A great oppurtunity
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 30, 2015
Lord Corporation is an amazing company to work for. The Senior Engineers are very patient and are willing to teach. Management gives opportunity and shows trust in those that deserve it. The typical day involves working with customers and fellow coworkers for product design, running FEA analysis' using Inventor Pro and ANSYS, as well as traveling to the manufacturing facility to perform product testing.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Work load sometimes slow
Descent place to start out as an engineer
Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 5, 2015
Pros
- work-life balance
- interesting/challenging projects
Cons
- extremely difficult to get promoted as an engineer
- management is too focused on customer deadlines rather than making the product work
- little professional development
- recent surge in hiring has led to increased mediocrity and decreased diversity of engineering talent
Very innovative company.
HCL Fabricator/Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 8, 2015
I have enjoyed my time with Lord and each day brings new challenges to learn from and overcome to build a strong background in the aerospace industry.

Management is sometimes displaced and seems to try to distance themselves from the floor employees which sometimes makes things more difficult than they should be.
Pros
They are very safety concious, and put this as priority 1
Cons
As above stated, management makes things more difficult than it needs to be.
sub planted UNION mind set
Chemline Tech (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 12, 2015
Excellent pay and benefits however if your not a YES man you wont go far. Certain clicks on shop floor some will work to get you in trouble do what I say not what I do.
Pros
pay benefits
Cons
clicks on shop floor if you dont fit in they will work to degrade you
N/a
Designer/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 18, 2014
Project Meetings, Engineering Tests, Drafting, Make your day how you see fit as long as you meet deadlines and meetings
It is a very productive environment.
Manufacturing Assistant (Current Employee) –  SaegertownDecember 5, 2014
I made and packed chemical adhesive. I learned what the shop life is like. the management is good and the listened to our concerns. i loved the pay and benefits. Unfortunately the 12 hour scheduled every other weekend is not family friendly.
Pros
pay and benefits.
Cons
schedual
Great pay but you more than earn it!
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 17, 2014
Some very nice people work there, but there are several not so nice people as well. Watch your back!
Pros
great pay
Cons
hr was very two faced, there was definately a click there, very hot(summers are murder they care more about rubber there than employees, the room were rubber is kept is air conditioned)
Great Company to work for
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green KYAugust 6, 2014
Great employment with great pay and benefits. typical factory environment. Negative would be the heat.
Lord Corportation has a long history of being an amaing employer
CPK (Former Employee) –  Saegertown, PAJuly 11, 2014
Finish assignments in a timely manner and taking on additional task