Loretto Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Food Service Worker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2016
I worked part time
Management and co-workers was very helpful
The was not hard but, was very fast paced
Enjoyed helping people
Pros
free meals
Cons
No benefits
Needed Changes for Loretto Hospital
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2016
Loretto Hospital. appears to have a problem attracting quality employees. This is because of previous incidents in the Behavior Health Department. The culture in that area, should be addressed. But, I think when they bring in new management, they have good ideas but unable to implement because of the culture of people that are present. This has been mention repeatedly in senior management meetings but to no avail nothing has change. It also appear to have an effect on the people in the community.
Pros
The food is great, (for the employees). But the food for the patients needs a serious over haul.
Cons
Changing of the CEO and recruit other ethnicities (Doctor), for service
Productive work environment that provided growth in the Emergency setting
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2016
To provide optimal care overall in an Emergency environment. To interact with all health care professionals in order to enhance the current health status of patients across the age range spectrum. Enhance and ensure that all aspects of heath where immediately addressed.
Pros
In house training and certifications.
Cons
Not enough staff members to assist in health emergencies.
Friendly environment
Behavioral Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2016
Charge nurse duties include distribution of daily assignment to co-workers according to their specific job description and credentials. Administration of medications to patients with mental illnesses and monitor them for possible adverse reaction to psychotropic medications. Provide assessments, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient's progress. Maintain a safe and therapeutic environment for all stake holders. Provide clear and concise communication to promote quality improvement and patient safety.

Collaborate among all health care team members to provide each patient with quality care and increase patient satisfaction. Provide leadership skills to maintain unity and team work among co-workers. Complete daily chart audits to identify areas documentation that need to be addressed and staff educated on proper documentation techniques.

The most enjoyable part of my job is advocating for the needs of the our patients. The hardest part of the job is seeing patients readmitted in less that 3-4 weeks because of medication compliance after they have been discharged from the hospital. I have learned that it is vital that coworkers work as a team.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Usually short staffed
Management operates on the level of a 4th grade schoolyard
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2016
Nothing good to say about how things have turned over the last 6 months. The job has been taken over by a cartoon character that has no management experience. Job is not worth the money. The compensation is not up to par with the workload or lack of leadership.
Pros
Patient interactions
Cons
Everything else
Social Workers are targeted here
LCSW (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2015
This company is by far the worse place I've ever worked at. The ignorance you will encounter is unbelievable. As a social worker you will be trained by case managers and your job description with detour to that of a discharge planner. As previously stated, the job expectations are unreal. On the medical floor you will be responsible for seeing and documenting on every patient and they will remind you of this. I worked many late nights trying to meet expectations. The culture is not social worker friendly as they will continuously make false accusations about you having friends with vendors based on previous social workers who were investigated. Outside the lies and accusations, the culture is extremely negative and was extremely toxic. After enduring all this you will eventually be forced to resign from the childlike behaviors of your peers/supervisor or be fired for a false accusation. No social worker can stay employed here for long as previously stated. I barely made 3 months even after being acknowledged in the paper for my exemplary work. It's truly a setup. Social workers proceed with caution because it's a vindictive and hostile environment that will weigh heavily on even a social worker, which speaks volumes. Oh and complaining to human resources will not help as you will be advised to deal with it.
Pros
salary
Cons
benefits, toxic work environment, management
Fun place to work
Intern Key Competencies (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2016
Productive and eciting place to work. Employee are very nice and easy to get along with. Some days are slow and other days are really bussy. The managment team is excellent. I learn a lot from the ladies in the laboratory. The hardest part of the job is drawing blood from a patient when you can't find their veins but that comes along with the job. I enjoyed interacting with the patient and the employees.
a place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2016
Loretto Hospital has its ups and downs. working there you have to know the right people, be in a clique, or act like you don't speak English just so you don't have to deal with the stress and drama.
Cons
difficult co workers
My employer is a great place to start a career.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2015
My employer is a great place for both a clinician and a non-clinical professional to start a career. A typical day at work entails managing facility correctives and renovations. During my tenure at the hospital, I have accomplished respect, for requirements of both patients and employees. My co-workers are dedicated and we are a great team. The most challenging part of my job is making certain that correctives and renovations are completed according to code without compromising healthcare services. The most rewarding part of my job, is witnessing enjoyment of an improved healthcare environment, conducive for patients, visitors and employees.
Pros
The hospital where I'm employed provides an array of patient care services to a deserving community.
pay is excellent nice coworkers mgmt unethical in standards of practice in medicine, unsafe place to work issues and disregard for IDPH standards
Behavioral Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2012
compensation 5 stars
Culture values 2 stars
job security 2 stars
Management 1 star
work life balance 5 stars
overall rating 4 stars
Pros
free lunches competitive salary nice people to work with
Cons
management unethical on safe place to work issues, disregard for medical standard practice, complete disregard to federal and state guidelines
Challenging with rewards
Admin Asst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2016
There are areas that require attention and improvement: communication between management and employees, better understanding or polices & procedures
There are improvements made daily bringing in better qualified individuals with good leadership skills.
productive
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2014
A typical day at work could vary depending on the work that is assigned, but it is work that would keep me busy. I have learned that staying busy will make time go fast. Management is fair and easy to work for. My co workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is cleaning the high traffic areas. The most enjoyable part of the job is basically having somewhere to go everyday.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
the fact that it is a hospital i'm at risk to get sick.
The experience was uplifting.
Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2016
As a facilitator of this group for so long I saw peoples lives change for the better. Of course there were times when it was difficult to gauge the progress of individuals but that is how it is. When being involved in this endeavor I gained an appreciation of what I know have that I had at one time not had.
Pros
gained experience in group facilitating skills
Cons
Unpaid volenteer position
A nice place to work
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2015
Loretto Hospital is a great place to work and improve your medical knowledge. Physicians are available to respond to your questions. The coding department professionals are very friendly, and so is the HIM department a whole.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
The pay is not exciting
unprofressional staff
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2015
Very unprofessional hospital the nurses are mean and nasty towards the patients alot of the rooms are out dated they overwork people and dont pay enough money.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
unprofressional
Hard working environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2015
A place were you could learn how to solve and work on complex cases and patients in need of help.A good place to work with chronic ill patients.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
under staffed
what i learned
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2015
loretto is a laid back place to work. As long as you're doing your job you don't have to work about management down your back. The pay is low.
Third world environment for all professional staff
Performance Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2012
Materials to accomplish work were often not available. No desk, no chairs no space to work in for first 8 months of my job. Poor support by administration to accomplish the work I was hired and asked to do. The hardest part of the job was that there was little to no guidance and when the work was completed it was nit picked apart and not accepted. The CEO would bring a special project to me then not tell my bosses that he had requested these projects by me. Hidden agendas. This exposed me to ridicule, mistrust and risk of ostracism by colleagues. I informed my boss of these special requests for information and data and special reporting, My coworkers were the best art of the job. Without them I could not have worked there at all. I learned not to work at such a place again in the future.
Pros
the comraderie of co-workers
Cons
the lack of support by administration and manager to do the work i was hired to do
If you ever wanted to be in a gang, here is your time
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2014
One of the most dangerous and worst places I have ever worked at . There were times when we did not have paper towels or soap! No supplies. God forbid you needed chemo, admin never paid the bills so you got farmed elsewhere. Only hospital I have ever worked at where admin and md's having a party on 6th floor auditorium drinking during the day. Easy job yet f you were not part of local political scene no advancement. Co-workers nice sometimes, but you had to be careful. Nicknamed " thugs in scrubs"many cover ups. would not recommend.
Pros
drinking on the job, free meals
Cons
no supplies
Excellent teaching enviroment,
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2015
Loretto is a excellent organization to work for. I have the counseling and documentation skills due to the outstanding leadership. I enjoyed most working with a team. My day was filled with opportunities to help people admitting patients in a empathic and dignified manner, learned that this career was one that I came away each day looking forward to returning the next day prepared to do all again.

2.9