Loretto Hospital

Loretto Hospital Employer Reviews

multi-cultural community hospital that serves the needs of the Austin neighborhood
Expressive Therapist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: secure and free parking, cafeteria in the building
I lead 3-4 expressive therapy groups each day for patients with mental illness and addiction issues. I have learned how to work with adults with a range of diagnoses and cultural backgrounds.
Excellent teaching enviroment,
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2015
Loretto is a excellent organization to work for. I have the counseling and documentation skills due to the outstanding leadership. I enjoyed most working with a team. My day was filled with opportunities to help people admitting patients in a empathic and dignified manner, learned that this career was one that I came away each day looking forward to returning the next day prepared to do all again.
productive
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2014
Pros: the benefits
Cons: the fact that it is a hospital i'm at risk to get sick.
A typical day at work could vary depending on the work that is assigned, but it is work that would keep me busy. I have learned that staying busy will make time go fast. Management is fair and easy to work for. My co workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is cleaning the high traffic areas. The most enjoyable part of the job is basically having somewhere to go everyday.
Working in a hospital is a great way to meet lots of awesome people.
Administrative Assistant HR (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2014
Pros: you are able to network a diversity of awesome people.
Cons: it can get extremely sad and/or dangerous working in a hospital.
While working at Loretto Hospital, I was able to me and network with a lot of great people and make connections that will contribute to my future. You have to be very compassionate to work in this environment.
Thoroughly mismanaged from top to bottom
Case Manager (Former Employee), Maywood, ILOctober 14, 2014
I learned not to try and meet all of their expectations because they were impossible to achieve. There was no supervision or "department" so to speak of. Communication was hit and miss as one member of the team would announce in passing that they "heard" there was to be a meeting with the head case manager. I believe that my supervisor had difficulty working with caucasians.
There was absolutely no encouragement or acknowledgement of a job well done "ever". Huge turnover of employees. I had 4 directors in 3 years, 6 social workers left (only 2 for the department) and a multitude of mental health technicians and nurses. My typical day at work was about 10 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients daily. Some of the psychiatrists truly cared about patients, most met with them for 5-10 minutes daily. Was able to establish positive working relationships with nurses, mental health techs. and a few case managers. Overall, a chaotic, 3rd world facility.
Hospital setting
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Took incoming calls and directed them to the appropriate department, also made outbound calls to patients to schedule doctors' appointments as well as transportation appointments.
I have enjoyed working with patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 7, 2014
My job was helping people and this was something I always wanted to do since high school
friendly people
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2014
human resources assistant.
-filed resumes
-data entry
-answering phone calls
-posting flyers around the hospital
-ordering lunch
If you ever wanted to be in a gang, here is your time
Registered nurse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: drinking on the job, free meals
Cons: no supplies
One of the most dangerous and worst places I have ever worked at . There were times when we did not have paper towels or soap! No supplies. God forbid you needed chemo, admin never paid the bills so you got farmed elsewhere. Only hospital I have ever worked at where admin and md's having a party on 6th floor auditorium drinking during the day. Easy job yet f you were not part of local political scene no advancement. Co-workers nice sometimes, but you had to be careful. Nicknamed " thugs in scrubs"many cover ups. would not recommend.
nice job
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2014
I like the job just have to travel to far . I love my co workers. I like the management .
Nice and fun place to work, employers are understanding, Conduct many cultural gatherings
Ultrasound Tech- Sonographer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2013
My typical day starts with a bunch of orders we get early in the morning and have to finish them ASAP, some are easy cases some are difficult & challenging, but like to accomplish and get things organised by the end of the day, mean while i have to train the new employees & students, my manager & supervisor are cooperative & understanding. The hardest part is to get the images of obese patients, but i try my best to produce quality images for the radiologist to interpret, no doubt all of the cases are interesting for me but the fun part is to do OB/Gyn patients.
management and employees not supportive
Psychiatric staff (Former Employee), psychiatric unitJune 24, 2013
Pros: small community-repeat customers
Cons: management using cameras against staff
New union increased staff complaints and disgruntlement
management focusing on getting rid of staff
Very active management
Surgery Core Clerkship (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 18, 2013
Good teaching program and one-on-one learning enhancement.
Wonderful co-workers
Executive Assistant to the President/CEO (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 3, 2013
My co-workers are wonderful people to work with and for the most part everyone tries to work together to make the working environment less stressful.
nursing
Nursing support (Current Employee), Medical unitApril 27, 2013
Pros: my patients brighten my day, i love them.
Cons: nurses that are just rude
This hospital needs a lot of improvements. They have a lack of supplies. The house keeping is pethetic being that it is not ran 24 hours. Being that there is a isolation unit. 4 patients to one bathroom is the most filthiest thing i have ever seen and without housekeeping around can you imagine how many germs are being passed along. The RN's are Registered Neglectors. They have poor bedside manners and don't believe in team work at all. If it was not for the love that I have for my patients i would have met my past a long time ago ...
great
er tech (Former Employee), emergency roomApril 21, 2013
i have nothing to say about this great hospital. just a great place to be employed. i will go back at anytime.
great
er tech (Former Employee), emergency roomApril 21, 2013
Busy enviroment with good people working to make a diffrence in this community.
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: staff is always provided free meals every holiday.
Cons: as in any crisis breaks may be missed but you won't be dealing with any situation alone.
Every day is a new experience however we always help each other through the tough times in order to provide a safe enviroment for patients. The employees here care about their co-workers and providing the best care for their patients. They are hard working nurses and always willing to go that extra mile!
Third world environment for all professional staff
Performance Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2012
Pros: the comraderie of co-workers
Cons: the lack of support by administration and manager to do the work i was hired to do
Materials to accomplish work were often not available. No desk, no chairs no space to work in for first 8 months of my job. Poor support by administration to accomplish the work I was hired and asked to do. The hardest part of the job was that there was little to no guidance and when the work was completed it was nit picked apart and not accepted. The CEO would bring a special project to me then not tell my bosses that he had requested these projects by me. Hidden agendas. This exposed me to ridicule, mistrust and risk of ostracism by colleagues. I informed my boss of these special requests for information and data and special reporting, My coworkers were the best art of the job. Without them I could not have worked there at all. I learned not to work at such a place again in the future.
inner city community hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2012
Pros: small place, easy to navigate, easy to know co-workers
Cons: small place
admit, care for transfer and discharge patients. learned how to be a bed side nurse here. management here was hands on and supportive. co-workers were supportive. turning up for work. helping people