Loretto Hospital

Loretto Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive learning enviornment with very knowledgable staff
Nursing Student: Critical Care Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 4, 2015
Overall, I enjoyed my experience during my clinical rotation at Loretta Hospital. The doctors and nurses on staff were very knowledgeable and willing to answer any questions that I had for them. During my rotation at Loretto Hospital, I was able to work with doctors and nurses in the emergency department, telemetry unit, and intensive care unit, to provide patients with interdisciplinary care. I was able to perform complete patient assessments, participate in medication administration, participate in patient admittance and discharge, create and implement plans of care for patients I was directly working with, and communicated with doctors, nurses, social work, and nutritionists to provide patients with complete interdisciplinary care. I also had the opportunity to participate in two full codes during my clinical rotation. When a full code occurred, I performed CPR on patients, and was able to become more familiar with the crash cart and the medications used during a full code. I was also able to observe how the medical team works together in order to resuscitate a patient during a full code.
most caring atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, IllApril 21, 2015
Pros: discounted lunes
Cons: none
Loretto Hospital provided me with the training I needed to develope as a person. The staff is so warm and caring.The team was always so supportive.The staff always has can do attitude. to many of the situation.
Great opportunity for learning
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
Pros: The staff that I was placed with seemed to have a genuine passion for the work that they did, and the director of the department showed great gratitude and much in my goals for personal growth
Cons: Volunteer opportunities should be taken advantage of and appreciate as it is much needed
I was an intern for a very short period of time. While my stay was short, I enjoyed being around this professional group of people.
multi-cultural community hospital that serves the needs of the Austin neighborhood
Expressive Therapist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: secure and free parking, cafeteria in the building
I lead 3-4 expressive therapy groups each day for patients with mental illness and addiction issues. I have learned how to work with adults with a range of diagnoses and cultural backgrounds.
Excellent teaching enviroment,
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2015
Loretto is a excellent organization to work for. I have the counseling and documentation skills due to the outstanding leadership. I enjoyed most working with a team. My day was filled with opportunities to help people admitting patients in a empathic and dignified manner, learned that this career was one that I came away each day looking forward to returning the next day prepared to do all again.
productive
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2014
Pros: the benefits
Cons: the fact that it is a hospital i'm at risk to get sick.
A typical day at work could vary depending on the work that is assigned, but it is work that would keep me busy. I have learned that staying busy will make time go fast. Management is fair and easy to work for. My co workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is cleaning the high traffic areas. The most enjoyable part of the job is basically having somewhere to go everyday.
Working in a hospital is a great way to meet lots of awesome people.
Administrative Assistant HR (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2014
Pros: you are able to network a diversity of awesome people.
Cons: it can get extremely sad and/or dangerous working in a hospital.
While working at Loretto Hospital, I was able to me and network with a lot of great people and make connections that will contribute to my future. You have to be very compassionate to work in this environment.
Thoroughly mismanaged from top to bottom
Case Manager (Former Employee), Maywood, ILOctober 14, 2014
I learned not to try and meet all of their expectations because they were impossible to achieve. There was no supervision or "department" so to speak of. Communication was hit and miss as one member of the team would announce in passing that they "heard" there was to be a meeting with the head case manager. I believe that my supervisor had difficulty working with caucasians.
There was absolutely no encouragement or acknowledgement of a job well done "ever". Huge turnover of employees. I had 4 directors in 3 years, 6 social workers left (only 2 for the department) and a multitude of mental health technicians and nurses. My typical day at work was about 10 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients daily. Some of the psychiatrists truly cared about patients, most met with them for 5-10 minutes daily. Was able to establish positive working relationships with nurses, mental health techs. and a few case managers. Overall, a chaotic, 3rd world facility.
Hospital setting
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Took incoming calls and directed them to the appropriate department, also made outbound calls to patients to schedule doctors' appointments as well as transportation appointments.
I have enjoyed working with patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 7, 2014
My job was helping people and this was something I always wanted to do since high school
friendly people
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2014
human resources assistant.
-filed resumes
-data entry
-answering phone calls
-posting flyers around the hospital
-ordering lunch
If you ever wanted to be in a gang, here is your time
Registered nurse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: drinking on the job, free meals
Cons: no supplies
One of the most dangerous and worst places I have ever worked at . There were times when we did not have paper towels or soap! No supplies. God forbid you needed chemo, admin never paid the bills so you got farmed elsewhere. Only hospital I have ever worked at where admin and md's having a party on 6th floor auditorium drinking during the day. Easy job yet f you were not part of local political scene no advancement. Co-workers nice sometimes, but you had to be careful. Nicknamed " thugs in scrubs"many cover ups. would not recommend.
nice job
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2014
I like the job just have to travel to far . I love my co workers. I like the management .
Nice and fun place to work, employers are understanding, Conduct many cultural gatherings
Ultrasound Tech- Sonographer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2013
My typical day starts with a bunch of orders we get early in the morning and have to finish them ASAP, some are easy cases some are difficult & challenging, but like to accomplish and get things organised by the end of the day, mean while i have to train the new employees & students, my manager & supervisor are cooperative & understanding. The hardest part is to get the images of obese patients, but i try my best to produce quality images for the radiologist to interpret, no doubt all of the cases are interesting for me but the fun part is to do OB/Gyn patients.
Very active management
Surgery Core Clerkship (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 18, 2013
Good teaching program and one-on-one learning enhancement.
Stressful environment
Director of Behavioral Health (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 30, 2013
Pros: peers are supportive
Cons: difficult to effect culture change with physicians
Fast paced
Chaotic
Lack of support from senior management
I've learned to remain focused on improving the quality of patient care regardless of the daily challenges and resistance from senior management
Most enjoyable part of the job is having a positive influence on the patients
Wonderful co-workers
Executive Assistant to the President/CEO (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 3, 2013
My co-workers are wonderful people to work with and for the most part everyone tries to work together to make the working environment less stressful.
nursing
Nursing support (Current Employee), Medical unitApril 27, 2013
Pros: my patients brighten my day, i love them.
Cons: nurses that are just rude
This hospital needs a lot of improvements. They have a lack of supplies. The house keeping is pethetic being that it is not ran 24 hours. Being that there is a isolation unit. 4 patients to one bathroom is the most filthiest thing i have ever seen and without housekeeping around can you imagine how many germs are being passed along. The RN's are Registered Neglectors. They have poor bedside manners and don't believe in team work at all. If it was not for the love that I have for my patients i would have met my past a long time ago ...
great
er tech (Former Employee), emergency roomApril 21, 2013
i have nothing to say about this great hospital. just a great place to be employed. i will go back at anytime.
great