Loretto Hospital Employee Reviews

Challenging with rewards
Admin Asst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2016
There are areas that require attention and improvement: communication between management and employees, better understanding or polices & procedures
There are improvements made daily bringing in better qualified individuals with good leadership skills.
The experience was uplifting.
Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2016
As a facilitator of this group for so long I saw peoples lives change for the better. Of course there were times when it was difficult to gauge the progress of individuals but that is how it is. When being involved in this endeavor I gained an appreciation of what I know have that I had at one time not had.
Pros
gained experience in group facilitating skills
Cons
Unpaid volenteer position
unprofressional staff
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2015
Very unprofessional hospital the nurses are mean and nasty towards the patients alot of the rooms are out dated they overwork people and dont pay enough money.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
unprofressional
A nice place to work
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2015
Loretto Hospital is a great place to work and improve your medical knowledge. Physicians are available to respond to your questions. The coding department professionals are very friendly, and so is the HIM department a whole.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
The pay is not exciting
Hard working environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2015
A place were you could learn how to solve and work on complex cases and patients in need of help.A good place to work with chronic ill patients.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
under staffed
My employer is a great place to start a career.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2015
My employer is a great place for both a clinician and a non-clinical professional to start a career. A typical day at work entails managing facility correctives and renovations. During my tenure at the hospital, I have accomplished respect, for requirements of both patients and employees. My co-workers are dedicated and we are a great team. The most challenging part of my job is making certain that correctives and renovations are completed according to code without compromising healthcare services. The most rewarding part of my job, is witnessing enjoyment of an improved healthcare environment, conducive for patients, visitors and employees.
Pros
The hospital where I'm employed provides an array of patient care services to a deserving community.
what i learned
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2015
loretto is a laid back place to work. As long as you're doing your job you don't have to work about management down your back. The pay is low.
Social Workers are targeted here
LCSW (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2015
This company is by far the worse place I've ever worked at. The ignorance you will encounter is unbelievable. As a social worker you will be trained by case managers and your job description with detour to that of a discharge planner. As previously stated, the job expectations are unreal. On the medical floor you will be responsible for seeing and documenting on every patient and they will remind you of this. I worked many late nights trying to meet expectations. The culture is not social worker friendly as they will continuously make false accusations about you having friends with vendors based on previous social workers who were investigated. Outside the lies and accusations, the culture is extremely negative and was extremely toxic. After enduring all this you will eventually be forced to resign from the childlike behaviors of your peers/supervisor or be fired for a false accusation. No social worker can stay employed here for long as previously stated. I barely made 3 months even after being acknowledged in the paper for my exemplary work. It's truly a setup. Social workers proceed with caution because it's a vindictive and hostile environment that will weigh heavily on even a social worker, which speaks volumes. Oh and complaining to human resources will not help as you will be advised to deal with it.
Pros
salary
Cons
benefits, toxic work environment, management
not good work environment
Director of OPMH and Crisis Intervention (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2015
The administration is not good for that hospital. I did learn a lot from there but it is going down with the current administration not understanding every day lives that matters.
Productive learning enviornment with very knowledgable staff
Nursing Student: Critical Care Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2015
Overall, I enjoyed my experience during my clinical rotation at Loretta Hospital. The doctors and nurses on staff were very knowledgeable and willing to answer any questions that I had for them. During my rotation at Loretto Hospital, I was able to work with doctors and nurses in the emergency department, telemetry unit, and intensive care unit, to provide patients with interdisciplinary care. I was able to perform complete patient assessments, participate in medication administration, participate in patient admittance and discharge, create and implement plans of care for patients I was directly working with, and communicated with doctors, nurses, social work, and nutritionists to provide patients with complete interdisciplinary care. I also had the opportunity to participate in two full codes during my clinical rotation. When a full code occurred, I performed CPR on patients, and was able to become more familiar with the crash cart and the medications used during a full code. I was also able to observe how the medical team works together in order to resuscitate a patient during a full code.
most caring atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllApril 21, 2015
Loretto Hospital provided me with the training I needed to develope as a person. The staff is so warm and caring.The team was always so supportive.The staff always has can do attitude. to many of the situation.
Pros
discounted lunes
Great opportunity for learning
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
I was an intern for a very short period of time. While my stay was short, I enjoyed being around this professional group of people.
Pros
The staff that I was placed with seemed to have a genuine passion for the work that they did, and the director of the department showed great gratitude and much in my goals for personal growth
Cons
Volunteer opportunities should be taken advantage of and appreciate as it is much needed
multi-cultural community hospital that serves the needs of the Austin neighborhood
Expressive Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2015
I lead 3-4 expressive therapy groups each day for patients with mental illness and addiction issues. I have learned how to work with adults with a range of diagnoses and cultural backgrounds.
Pros
secure and free parking, cafeteria in the building
Excellent teaching enviroment,
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2015
Loretto is a excellent organization to work for. I have the counseling and documentation skills due to the outstanding leadership. I enjoyed most working with a team. My day was filled with opportunities to help people admitting patients in a empathic and dignified manner, learned that this career was one that I came away each day looking forward to returning the next day prepared to do all again.
productive
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2014
A typical day at work could vary depending on the work that is assigned, but it is work that would keep me busy. I have learned that staying busy will make time go fast. Management is fair and easy to work for. My co workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is cleaning the high traffic areas. The most enjoyable part of the job is basically having somewhere to go everyday.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
the fact that it is a hospital i'm at risk to get sick.
Working in a hospital is a great way to meet lots of awesome people.
Administrative Assistant HR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2014
While working at Loretto Hospital, I was able to me and network with a lot of great people and make connections that will contribute to my future. You have to be very compassionate to work in this environment.
Pros
you are able to network a diversity of awesome people.
Cons
it can get extremely sad and/or dangerous working in a hospital.
Thoroughly mismanaged from top to bottom
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILOctober 14, 2014
I learned not to try and meet all of their expectations because they were impossible to achieve. There was no supervision or "department" so to speak of. Communication was hit and miss as one member of the team would announce in passing that they "heard" there was to be a meeting with the head case manager. I believe that my supervisor had difficulty working with caucasians.
There was absolutely no encouragement or acknowledgement of a job well done "ever". Huge turnover of employees. I had 4 directors in 3 years, 6 social workers left (only 2 for the department) and a multitude of mental health technicians and nurses. My typical day at work was about 10 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients daily. Some of the psychiatrists truly cared about patients, most met with them for 5-10 minutes daily. Was able to establish positive working relationships with nurses, mental health techs. and a few case managers. Overall, a chaotic, 3rd world facility.
Hospital setting
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Took incoming calls and directed them to the appropriate department, also made outbound calls to patients to schedule doctors' appointments as well as transportation appointments.
I have enjoyed working with patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2014
My job was helping people and this was something I always wanted to do since high school
friendly people
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2014
human resources assistant.
-filed resumes
-data entry
-answering phone calls
-posting flyers around the hospital
-ordering lunch