Loretto Hospital Employee Reviews

Stressful workplace
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2016
Even though there are teams for each shift, the only shift that felt like a team was the over night shift. I felt extremely out of place on first shift. Never worked on the second shift
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Feels like your constantly walking on egg shells
I have had an enjoyable time and have had one promotion in 18 months.
Behavioral Health Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2016
productive good place to work fast paced.Good learning environment.My coworkers are helpful and helpful.The Hospital is a place to gain experience in healthcare to move to broader Horizons
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Raises are not timely
Management operates on the level of a 4th grade schoolyard
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2016
Nothing good to say about how things have turned over the last 6 months. The job has been taken over by a cartoon character that has no management experience. Job is not worth the money. The compensation is not up to par with the workload or lack of leadership.
Pros
Patient interactions
Cons
Everything else
Friendly environment
Behavioral Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2016
Charge nurse duties include distribution of daily assignment to co-workers according to their specific job description and credentials. Administration of medications to patients with mental illnesses and monitor them for possible adverse reaction to psychotropic medications. Provide assessments, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient's progress. Maintain a safe and therapeutic environment for all stake holders. Provide clear and concise communication to promote quality improvement and patient safety.

Collaborate among all health care team members to provide each patient with quality care and increase patient satisfaction. Provide leadership skills to maintain unity and team work among co-workers. Complete daily chart audits to identify areas documentation that need to be addressed and staff educated on proper documentation techniques.

The most enjoyable part of my job is advocating for the needs of the our patients. The hardest part of the job is seeing patients readmitted in less that 3-4 weeks because of medication compliance after they have been discharged from the hospital. I have learned that it is vital that coworkers work as a team.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Usually short staffed
Productive work environment that provided growth in the Emergency setting
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2016
To provide optimal care overall in an Emergency environment. To interact with all health care professionals in order to enhance the current health status of patients across the age range spectrum. Enhance and ensure that all aspects of heath where immediately addressed.
Pros
In house training and certifications.
Cons
Not enough staff members to assist in health emergencies.
Fun place to work
Intern Key Competencies (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2016
Productive and eciting place to work. Employee are very nice and easy to get along with. Some days are slow and other days are really bussy. The managment team is excellent. I learn a lot from the ladies in the laboratory. The hardest part of the job is drawing blood from a patient when you can't find their veins but that comes along with the job. I enjoyed interacting with the patient and the employees.
a place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2016
Loretto Hospital has its ups and downs. working there you have to know the right people, be in a clique, or act like you don't speak English just so you don't have to deal with the stress and drama.
Cons
difficult co workers
Fun place to work
Food Service Worker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2016
I worked part time
Management and co-workers was very helpful
The was not hard but, was very fast paced
Enjoyed helping people
Pros
free meals
Cons
No benefits
Needed Changes for Loretto Hospital
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2016
Loretto Hospital. appears to have a problem attracting quality employees. This is because of previous incidents in the Behavior Health Department. The culture in that area, should be addressed. But, I think when they bring in new management, they have good ideas but unable to implement because of the culture of people that are present. This has been mention repeatedly in senior management meetings but to no avail nothing has change. It also appear to have an effect on the people in the community.
Pros
The food is great, (for the employees). But the food for the patients needs a serious over haul.
Cons
Changing of the CEO and recruit other ethnicities (Doctor), for service
Challenging with rewards
Admin Asst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2016
There are areas that require attention and improvement: communication between management and employees, better understanding or polices & procedures
There are improvements made daily bringing in better qualified individuals with good leadership skills.
The experience was uplifting.
Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2016
As a facilitator of this group for so long I saw peoples lives change for the better. Of course there were times when it was difficult to gauge the progress of individuals but that is how it is. When being involved in this endeavor I gained an appreciation of what I know have that I had at one time not had.
Pros
gained experience in group facilitating skills
Cons
Unpaid volenteer position
unprofressional staff
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2015
Very unprofessional hospital the nurses are mean and nasty towards the patients alot of the rooms are out dated they overwork people and dont pay enough money.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
unprofressional
A nice place to work
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2015
Loretto Hospital is a great place to work and improve your medical knowledge. Physicians are available to respond to your questions. The coding department professionals are very friendly, and so is the HIM department a whole.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
The pay is not exciting
Hard working environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2015
A place were you could learn how to solve and work on complex cases and patients in need of help.A good place to work with chronic ill patients.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
under staffed
My employer is a great place to start a career.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2015
My employer is a great place for both a clinician and a non-clinical professional to start a career. A typical day at work entails managing facility correctives and renovations. During my tenure at the hospital, I have accomplished respect, for requirements of both patients and employees. My co-workers are dedicated and we are a great team. The most challenging part of my job is making certain that correctives and renovations are completed according to code without compromising healthcare services. The most rewarding part of my job, is witnessing enjoyment of an improved healthcare environment, conducive for patients, visitors and employees.
Pros
The hospital where I'm employed provides an array of patient care services to a deserving community.
what i learned
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2015
loretto is a laid back place to work. As long as you're doing your job you don't have to work about management down your back. The pay is low.
Social Workers are targeted here
LCSW (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2015
This company is by far the worse place I've ever worked at. The ignorance you will encounter is unbelievable. As a social worker you will be trained by case managers and your job description with detour to that of a discharge planner. As previously stated, the job expectations are unreal. On the medical floor you will be responsible for seeing and documenting on every patient and they will remind you of this. I worked many late nights trying to meet expectations. The culture is not social worker friendly as they will continuously make false accusations about you having friends with vendors based on previous social workers who were investigated. Outside the lies and accusations, the culture is extremely negative and was extremely toxic. After enduring all this you will eventually be forced to resign from the childlike behaviors of your peers/supervisor or be fired for a false accusation. No social worker can stay employed here for long as previously stated. I barely made 3 months even after being acknowledged in the paper for my exemplary work. It's truly a setup. Social workers proceed with caution because it's a vindictive and hostile environment that will weigh heavily on even a social worker, which speaks volumes. Oh and complaining to human resources will not help as you will be advised to deal with it.
Pros
salary
Cons
benefits, toxic work environment, management
not good work environment
Director of OPMH and Crisis Intervention (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2015
The administration is not good for that hospital. I did learn a lot from there but it is going down with the current administration not understanding every day lives that matters.
Productive learning enviornment with very knowledgable staff
Nursing Student: Critical Care Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2015
Overall, I enjoyed my experience during my clinical rotation at Loretta Hospital. The doctors and nurses on staff were very knowledgeable and willing to answer any questions that I had for them. During my rotation at Loretto Hospital, I was able to work with doctors and nurses in the emergency department, telemetry unit, and intensive care unit, to provide patients with interdisciplinary care. I was able to perform complete patient assessments, participate in medication administration, participate in patient admittance and discharge, create and implement plans of care for patients I was directly working with, and communicated with doctors, nurses, social work, and nutritionists to provide patients with complete interdisciplinary care. I also had the opportunity to participate in two full codes during my clinical rotation. When a full code occurred, I performed CPR on patients, and was able to become more familiar with the crash cart and the medications used during a full code. I was also able to observe how the medical team works together in order to resuscitate a patient during a full code.
most caring atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllApril 21, 2015
Loretto Hospital provided me with the training I needed to develope as a person. The staff is so warm and caring.The team was always so supportive.The staff always has can do attitude. to many of the situation.
Pros
discounted lunes
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loretto Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8