Loretto Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Hospital setting
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Took incoming calls and directed them to the appropriate department, also made outbound calls to patients to schedule doctors' appointments as well as transportation appointments.
I have enjoyed working with patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2014
My job was helping people and this was something I always wanted to do since high school
friendly people
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2014
human resources assistant.
-filed resumes
-data entry
-answering phone calls
-posting flyers around the hospital
-ordering lunch
If you ever wanted to be in a gang, here is your time
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2014
One of the most dangerous and worst places I have ever worked at . There were times when we did not have paper towels or soap! No supplies. God forbid you needed chemo, admin never paid the bills so you got farmed elsewhere. Only hospital I have ever worked at where admin and md's having a party on 6th floor auditorium drinking during the day. Easy job yet f you were not part of local political scene no advancement. Co-workers nice sometimes, but you had to be careful. Nicknamed " thugs in scrubs"many cover ups. would not recommend.
Pros
drinking on the job, free meals
Cons
no supplies
nice job
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2014
I like the job just have to travel to far . I love my co workers. I like the management .
Nice and fun place to work, employers are understanding, Conduct many cultural gatherings
Ultrasound Tech- Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2013
My typical day starts with a bunch of orders we get early in the morning and have to finish them ASAP, some are easy cases some are difficult & challenging, but like to accomplish and get things organised by the end of the day, mean while i have to train the new employees & students, my manager & supervisor are cooperative & understanding. The hardest part is to get the images of obese patients, but i try my best to produce quality images for the radiologist to interpret, no doubt all of the cases are interesting for me but the fun part is to do OB/Gyn patients.
management and employees not supportive
Psychiatric staff (Former Employee) –  psychiatric unitJune 24, 2013
New union increased staff complaints and disgruntlement
management focusing on getting rid of staff
Pros
small community-repeat customers
Cons
management using cameras against staff
Very active management
Surgery Core Clerkship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2013
Good teaching program and one-on-one learning enhancement.
Stressful environment
Director of Behavioral Health (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2013
Fast paced
Chaotic
Lack of support from senior management
I've learned to remain focused on improving the quality of patient care regardless of the daily challenges and resistance from senior management
Most enjoyable part of the job is having a positive influence on the patients
Pros
peers are supportive
Cons
difficult to effect culture change with physicians
Wonderful co-workers
Executive Assistant to the President/CEO (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2013
My co-workers are wonderful people to work with and for the most part everyone tries to work together to make the working environment less stressful.
nursing
Nursing support (Current Employee) –  Medical unitApril 27, 2013
This hospital needs a lot of improvements. They have a lack of supplies. The house keeping is pethetic being that it is not ran 24 hours. Being that there is a isolation unit. 4 patients to one bathroom is the most filthiest thing i have ever seen and without housekeeping around can you imagine how many germs are being passed along. The RN's are Registered Neglectors. They have poor bedside manners and don't believe in team work at all. If it was not for the love that I have for my patients i would have met my past a long time ago ...
Pros
my patients brighten my day, i love them.
Cons
nurses that are just rude
great
er tech (Former Employee) –  emergency roomApril 21, 2013
i have nothing to say about this great hospital. just a great place to be employed. i will go back at anytime.
great
er tech (Former Employee) –  emergency roomApril 21, 2013
Busy enviroment with good people working to make a diffrence in this community.
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2013
Every day is a new experience however we always help each other through the tough times in order to provide a safe enviroment for patients. The employees here care about their co-workers and providing the best care for their patients. They are hard working nurses and always willing to go that extra mile!
Pros
staff is always provided free meals every holiday.
Cons
as in any crisis breaks may be missed but you won't be dealing with any situation alone.
Third world environment for all professional staff
Performance Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2012
Materials to accomplish work were often not available. No desk, no chairs no space to work in for first 8 months of my job. Poor support by administration to accomplish the work I was hired and asked to do. The hardest part of the job was that there was little to no guidance and when the work was completed it was nit picked apart and not accepted. The CEO would bring a special project to me then not tell my bosses that he had requested these projects by me. Hidden agendas. This exposed me to ridicule, mistrust and risk of ostracism by colleagues. I informed my boss of these special requests for information and data and special reporting, My coworkers were the best art of the job. Without them I could not have worked there at all. I learned not to work at such a place again in the future.
Pros
the comraderie of co-workers
Cons
the lack of support by administration and manager to do the work i was hired to do
inner city community hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2012
admit, care for transfer and discharge patients. learned how to be a bed side nurse here. management here was hands on and supportive. co-workers were supportive. turning up for work. helping people
Pros
small place, easy to navigate, easy to know co-workers
Cons
small place
Good Luck Getting a Job
RN (Former Employee) –  Chicago,ILSeptember 26, 2012
This company bases your employment on Aureus' investigation of a consumer report. That means if you have a bad consumer report they won't hire you. I think that is very unethical and is basing your competecy as a professional under fire. I would'nt recommend this place to anyone. Besides didn't they pass a law that you could not be turned down for employment because of your credit history ?
Cons
discriminatory
Fun working place
Public Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2012
It is a good company to work for, the people are nice, the pay could be better
Pros
the people
Cons
the drive
Patient centered healthcare facility
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2012
My typical day of work consisted of providing patient care and assisting the medical staff to nurse patients back to a state of manageable health. Also, educated patients to improve treatment efficacy. However, management and employee ideals often clashed.
Growing company
Loretto Hospital Director Of Nutritional Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2012
I have expanded my knowledge of working with a unionized work force, with continued success with turning a failing department around while increasing patient satisfaction with customer service initiatives, and implementing a new patient menu.
Pros
growing management team with talented individuals
Cons
mandatory furlough days