Loretto Employee Reviews

Worst place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYNovember 29, 2016
They lie to you to get you to work there. They make you do mandatory overtime. They never approve vacations. They make you work every single holiday. I have never seen so many employees so miserable. The management is horrific. Constantly short staffed. Residents are treated terrible. The place really should be shut down. Highest turnover I have ever seen.
Pros
Cons
Short staffed, horrible management, mandatory overtime, no vacations
Current employee
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 17, 2016
I would never recommend this place to anyone staff is horrible nurse's are disrespectful management isn't any help they need to fire every manager there and start fresh. Horrible place STAY AWAY!!!!!
Home health aide
Home health Aide (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 8, 2016
I love this job! I preformed all the basic hha duties. Sometimes things were a bit unorginized. But they tried there best. Some of the other workers needed too be fired!
Not a good place to work!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 21, 2016
As a new nurse this was a horrible experience. I wound NOT recommend this facility to anyone! I tried to get help from management AND the union with out success.
productive work place
cna (Current Employee) –  cunninghamNovember 30, 2015
very busy workplace you learn a lot about time management co-workers are helpful in teaching new ways of doing things clean safe workplace
fun and pleasant
cook (Current Employee) –  jamesville,nySeptember 17, 2015
fun and pleasant work environment with perks and benefits such as paid time off and medical benefits with union protection.
Pros
medical benifits
Cons
hour in breaks
staff is very helpful
cna (Former Employee) –  syracuse nySeptember 8, 2015
working at m.a.s i learned a lot about customer service i didnt know that there was so much with taking a phone call the staff were great and the experience overall were great
Pros
incetives
Cons
work space to small
Great place to work and nice people to work with
Recreational Aide (Current Employee) –  Auburn, nySeptember 8, 2015
This place is a fun place to work with a supportive employees. One has room to grow in their field. This place also will pay for one's CNA or LPN license.
loretto
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 8, 2015
I am a certified med tech my daily work routine consist of assuring my patients receive their medication at the scheduled time as well as assure my patients are in a safe and clean environment
Terrible place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  SyracuseApril 28, 2015
I worked here for a little short of a year as a lpn while in RN school. This is a terrible place to work, I worked 3-11:30 and consistently got "mandated" to work the 11-7:30am shift. Mandatory overtime, management is lazy and does not care about residents, the only good thing about this place is the money. But money is not worth sanity. Steer clear of working here
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
Mandatory over time, management
Interesting and enjoyment to work at
Dining Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 3, 2015
As a supervisor, normal shift would be 11:30-7:30. everyday except for Sundays and Holidays. If you work the weekend you got Mondays and Fridays off. It was a great place to work and with that I would go back in a heart beat. Management was wonderful to work with and was always kind and thoughtful.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Duties, time off
Very demanding position
LPN (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 19, 2014
Loretto is a high paced environment with many changes taking place everyday.
Thew elderly are great. Most of my co-workers were good.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Syracuse NYNovember 26, 2014
Management does not give enough training and they do expect too much from their employees. More than once was left alone in a hostile situation.
Pros
Insurance benefits
Cons
Lack of training, support.
Interesing people
Dining Room Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jamesville, NYAugust 27, 2014
Love the residents. Heartbreaking when they pass away. I work long hours and am on call all the time. The residents have great stories about their lives. Don't get alot of help from management as this is a union facility.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Hard to get time off
Horrible Place to Work
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 25, 2014
The Human Resources department at Loretto has the highest turnover rate I have ever seen. In one year the management terminated ten generalists. Recruiters do not like to send resumes because of Loretto's horrible reputation. All the co-workers are afraid for their jobs all of the time. The management staff is never available and if you do need something they usually do not get back to you. I strongly recommend not applying to work at Loretto.
Cons
Long Hours, Termination
working for Loretto was a good learning experience
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 1, 2014
At Loretto I was a certified Home Health Aide. I care for the elderly. I assisted the elderly with their daily living activities. I was a community aide therefore I would travel to their homes and assisted them with bathing, dressing, prepared their meals, assisted with medication if was necessary, and light housekeeping. Then I would go to the daycenter where they went everyday for activities and socialized with other elderly, and I would make them snacks, sat and conversed with them, assisted them with toileting and also feeding if it was necessary.
I learned a lot of skills as far as caring for the elderly that I didn't have any knowledged of. I also learned that one must have patience, be very caring and be very compassionate.
The hardest part of the job was caring for them while they were at end of life care.
The most enjoyable part of the job was sitting with them and listening to the amazing stories they would tell me about their life.
Pros
overtime
Cons
weekend work
productive and a well maintain working enviroment.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 9, 2014
I love working with others and for loretto. my co workers are very helpful. my nurse managers are team players.
a whole lot of nice people
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 15, 2014
The place was nice,dont get me wrong,i never been in a union before.that is my only complaint,the union.they had to restructer themselves and 5 of us where i was were let go.met with union reps and 4 of us just got their head nod and said sorry nothing we can do.i told them about other jobs and they ignored all of us not just me.i heard frim other people it was the same thing.that is my only complaint THE UNOIN 1199.
Pros
FREE lunch, co-workers were great, bosses too.
Cons
no overtime and you have to rush the afternoon to get done or you wont.
Worst management I ever experienced
LPN (Former Employee) –  Syracuse May 19, 2013
Residents abused/neglected. The abuse and neglect is so ingrained in the work culture that it is accepted as normal. Residents wheelchairs pushed into walls. Residents thrown/tossed around like meat. Threatened and verbally abused. Management is well aware and look the other way. Medications not available for med pass. Mandatory overtime. Less than acceptable work ethic. Any RN that works there is lazy and unethical. They know better and just work there cause the pay is good. That is the only thing positive about working there. The pay is better than average.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, short staffed, unethical/abuse/neglect.
I like the residents
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 22, 2012
Working at Loretto has allowed me to build long lasting bonds with some of the residents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loretto. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9