Loretto Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
LPN (Former Employee), SyracuseApril 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits, salary
Cons: Mandatory over time, management
I worked here for a little short of a year as a lpn while in RN school. This is a terrible place to work, I worked 3-11:30 and consistently got "mandated" to work the 11-7:30am shift. Mandatory overtime, management is lazy and does not care about residents, the only good thing about this place is the money. But money is not worth sanity. Steer clear of working here
Interesting and enjoyment to work at
Dining Room Coordinator (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: duties, time off
As a supervisor, normal shift would be 11:30-7:30. everyday except for Sundays and Holidays. If you work the weekend you got Mondays and Fridays off. It was a great place to work and with that I would go back in a heart beat. Management was wonderful to work with and was always kind and thoughtful.
Very demanding position
LPN (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYDecember 19, 2014
Loretto is a high paced environment with many changes taking place everyday.
Thew elderly are great. Most of my co-workers were good.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Syracuse NYNovember 26, 2014
Pros: insurance benefits
Cons: lack of training, support.
Management does not give enough training and they do expect too much from their employees. More than once was left alone in a hostile situation.
Interesing people
Dining Room Coordinator (Current Employee), Jamesville, NYAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hard to get time off
Love the residents. Heartbreaking when they pass away. I work long hours and am on call all the time. The residents have great stories about their lives. Don't get alot of help from management as this is a union facility.
Horrible Place to Work
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 25, 2014
Cons: long hours, termination
The Human Resources department at Loretto has the highest turnover rate I have ever seen. In one year the management terminated ten generalists. Recruiters do not like to send resumes because of Loretto's horrible reputation. All the co-workers are afraid for their jobs all of the time. The management staff is never available and if you do need something they usually do not get back to you. I strongly recommend not applying to work at Loretto.
working for Loretto was a good learning experience
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 1, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: weekend work
At Loretto I was a certified Home Health Aide. I care for the elderly. I assisted the elderly with their daily living activities. I was a community aide therefore I would travel to their homes and assisted them with bathing, dressing, prepared their meals, assisted with medication if was necessary, and light housekeeping. Then I would go to the daycenter where they went everyday for activities and socialized with other elderly, and I would make them snacks, sat and conversed with them, assisted them with toileting and also feeding if it was necessary.
I learned a lot of skills as far as caring for the elderly that I didn't have any knowledged of. I also learned that one must have patience, be very caring and be very compassionate.
The hardest part of the job was caring for them while they were at end of life care.
The most enjoyable part of the job was sitting with them and listening to the amazing stories they would tell me about their life.
productive and a well maintain working enviroment.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 9, 2014
I love working with others and for loretto. my co workers are very helpful. my nurse managers are team players.
a whole lot of nice people
maintenance (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch, co-workers were great, bosses too.
Cons: no overtime and you have to rush the afternoon to get done or you wont.
The place was nice,dont get me wrong,i never been in a union before.that is my only complaint,the union.they had to restructer themselves and 5 of us where i was were let go.met with union reps and 4 of us just got their head nod and said sorry nothing we can do.i told them about other jobs and they ignored all of us not just me.i heard frim other people it was the same thing.that is my only complaint THE UNOIN 1199.
Worst management I ever experienced
LPN (Former Employee), SyracuseMay 19, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: management, short staffed, unethical/abuse/neglect.
Residents abused/neglected. The abuse and neglect is so ingrained in the work culture that it is accepted as normal. Residents wheelchairs pushed into walls. Residents thrown/tossed around like meat. Threatened and verbally abused. Management is well aware and look the other way. Medications not available for med pass. Mandatory overtime. Less than acceptable work ethic. Any RN that works there is lazy and unethical. They know better and just work there cause the pay is good. That is the only thing positive about working there. The pay is better than average.
I like the residents
Volunteer (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYSeptember 22, 2012
Working at Loretto has allowed me to build long lasting bonds with some of the residents.
over all great place to work
CNA (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 15, 2012
Pros: great people, great work enviornment, great benefits!
Cons: no cons
I would love to go back I truely regret the great oppertunity i lost if my child hadnt become ill i would still be there, but i just up and left to tend to my child unfortunately. co workers-GREAT management-GREAT Loretto-GREAT. very professional work place. Everything about it was enjoyable tiresom but what job isnt
Part time Job with good hours
Housekeeper Attendant (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 19, 2012
My first time experience with the company was great, and i also learned a lot of useful things in the housekeeping field.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Jamesville, NYJune 3, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hours
I love working at The Nottingham, and would consider retiring here if it wasn't for the necessity of having to relocate to NYC. I have good co-workers, and an amazing boss. The hardest part of the job is sending a beloved resident to the hospital. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is the bonding with my residents. They adore me just, as much as, I adore them.
Poor Managment - lack of support
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 23, 2012
Poor management from top down and lack of support from immediate supervisors was a typical theme.

Fostered this thought process on down the line within the work force creating stress and lack of trust within the employees.

No accountability at all by management lead to their failure as a group.
Honestly have nothing good to say.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Syracuse, nyMay 8, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: work environment, too much is a shrt period of time.
They over worked you. Coworkers were rude and inconsiderate. Most aides never treated residents/patients the way they should have been treated. Management was a joke. Had a coworker yell at myself infront of a patient and the floor manager did nothing to reprimand them. They expected you to get up and help get 6 to 12 residents/patients up with in 90 minutes.