Loretto Employee Reviews

Horrible Environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 21, 2017
I worked at Loretto temporary. Floated to multiple floors and working half a shift on one floor and then sent to another floor to complete my shift. Staffing Coordinator is very unpleasant and unprofessional! I know understand the high turnover. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Management needs to pull it together.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Staffing Coordinator, Staffing, Management
Not a fun place to work
Housekeeping/Laundry Service (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYOctober 17, 2017
understaffed, underpaid. management does not care about issues or work ethics of employees. you are just a body that shows up for work. they threaten to write you up but never do. most staff are just there for a paycheck, they don't care about the residents or doing their fair share of work.
it suck
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 30, 2017
I don't CARe about the job I hate it the workers lazy they have bed bugs they don't care if you get them and Mondays I never have help with my work so
Pros
na
Cons
na
Productive and Working to Find Solutions
Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 22, 2017
A typical day at work involves caring for residences that has been diagnosed with psychiatric disabilities. This includes educating them on life skills to integrate them back into society. Loretto’s facility is designed to remove the stigma residences are confronted daily by society with having psychiatric challenges. I have learned that people with mental disabilities still have the cognitive desires to integrate back into society regardless of how many challenges they face. Whether the goal is fully met is beside the point, but we must continue to assist them until counseling is no longer necessary. Management has done an excellent job training employees on how to deal with different issues, teaching specific guidelines, regulations and how to implement them effectively. The hardest part of the job is those who pass away before they can successfully reach their goal originally attempted. The most part I love about the job is that I can encourage and teach people with disabilities current life tools they can use for them to live fulfilling and happy lives.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
not able to pick up more hours
Ok work place
Gpn (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 13, 2017
I enjoyed the people very much. They taught me a lot being that I just got out of nursing school. They were very compassionate & understanding when it came to showing & teaching a new nurse. I not once felt as if I could not go to a more seasoned nurse to get help.
Working with patience becoming a family,
Dietary Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 12, 2017
I loved to work at Loretto because I had residence who I became close with and helping them to eat, get to their rooms sharing conversation and listing to the about the lives they lived always made me exstatic and enthusiastic to go to work everyday
Stressful
Social worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYDecember 15, 2016
Stressful work environment. There was not a lot of communication between management and the rest of the staff. I did not feel supported during my time of employment.
Worst place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYNovember 29, 2016
They lie to you to get you to work there. They make you do mandatory overtime. They never approve vacations. They make you work every single holiday. I have never seen so many employees so miserable. The management is horrific. Constantly short staffed. Residents are treated terrible. The place really should be shut down. Highest turnover I have ever seen.
Pros
Cons
Short staffed, horrible management, mandatory overtime, no vacations
Current employee
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 17, 2016
I would never recommend this place to anyone staff is horrible nurse's are disrespectful management isn't any help they need to fire every manager there and start fresh. Horrible place STAY AWAY!!!!!
Home health aide
Home health Aide (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 8, 2016
I love this job! I preformed all the basic hha duties. Sometimes things were a bit unorginized. But they tried there best. Some of the other workers needed too be fired!
Not a good place to work!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 21, 2016
As a new nurse this was a horrible experience. I wound NOT recommend this facility to anyone! I tried to get help from management AND the union with out success.
productive work place
cna (Current Employee) –  cunninghamNovember 30, 2015
very busy workplace you learn a lot about time management co-workers are helpful in teaching new ways of doing things clean safe workplace
fun and pleasant
cook (Current Employee) –  jamesville,nySeptember 17, 2015
fun and pleasant work environment with perks and benefits such as paid time off and medical benefits with union protection.
Pros
medical benifits
Cons
hour in breaks
staff is very helpful
cna (Former Employee) –  syracuse nySeptember 8, 2015
working at m.a.s i learned a lot about customer service i didnt know that there was so much with taking a phone call the staff were great and the experience overall were great
Pros
incetives
Cons
work space to small
Great place to work and nice people to work with
Recreational Aide (Current Employee) –  Auburn, nySeptember 8, 2015
This place is a fun place to work with a supportive employees. One has room to grow in their field. This place also will pay for one's CNA or LPN license.
loretto
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 8, 2015
I am a certified med tech my daily work routine consist of assuring my patients receive their medication at the scheduled time as well as assure my patients are in a safe and clean environment
Terrible place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  SyracuseApril 28, 2015
I worked here for a little short of a year as a lpn while in RN school. This is a terrible place to work, I worked 3-11:30 and consistently got "mandated" to work the 11-7:30am shift. Mandatory overtime, management is lazy and does not care about residents, the only good thing about this place is the money. But money is not worth sanity. Steer clear of working here
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
Mandatory over time, management
Interesting and enjoyment to work at
Dining Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 3, 2015
As a supervisor, normal shift would be 11:30-7:30. everyday except for Sundays and Holidays. If you work the weekend you got Mondays and Fridays off. It was a great place to work and with that I would go back in a heart beat. Management was wonderful to work with and was always kind and thoughtful.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Duties, time off
Very demanding position
LPN (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 19, 2014
Loretto is a high paced environment with many changes taking place everyday.
Thew elderly are great. Most of my co-workers were good.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Syracuse NYNovember 26, 2014
Management does not give enough training and they do expect too much from their employees. More than once was left alone in a hostile situation.
Pros
Insurance benefits
Cons
Lack of training, support.