lori's gifts Employee Reviews

Little pay, no breaks
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 7, 2016
I worked for this company for less than a year. There are few hours, no breaks, very little money, and no benefits. I liked meeting new people every day though, and that helped to pass the time when business was slow. It's the perfect job for someone who just needs something to do to get out of the house but not for someone who has bills to pay and wants to advance.
Pros
I met a lot of new people.
Cons
everything
productive and steady paste
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2016
Manage cash register, stock inventory, make phone orders, and greet customers. The most enjoyable part of the day is helping my customers and making sure I keep a smile on their faces.
Sales Associate
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 12, 2016
Not fast pace like retail stores in the mall. Customer traffic is much slower so it leaves a lot of down time to clean, organize the back room, and check inventory.
Total lack of trust
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 8, 2016
If you want to feel under appreciated this is the perfect place to work. I was in a hospital bed with what doctors thought at the time was a heart attack. I thought my district manager came in to visit me. She just wanted to make sure i would be better in 2 days cause she needed me. The cameras if any are always live but there not watching the store just the employee at the register. Your always alone and if lucky you can take a bathroom break. The pay is horrible and the hours when you can get them are at a minimal. corporate takes their time getting back to especially payroll when they mess up on your check. I am a store Manager in new york and
just found a better job. Giving my 2 week notice is going to feel awesome. The best part of the job are the hospital employees comming in to com plain about the overpriced product and how cheap it is.
Pros
The chance to meet people that can find you a good job
Cons
No one in the company has your back, No hours, no room for advancement, You have to pay full price for overpaid drinks, the 30% discount sounds good but the product mark up is over 50% so wheres the discount.
Awesome place to work at !!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 6, 2016
My coworkers are awesome they're friendly and nice and make you feel at home they praise you when you do a good job and motivates you to do better.
Pros
Being able to be independent without being micro-managed
Cons
There is probably no room to move up other than that everything's great
Sales Associate/ Cashier
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 5, 2016
I loved working for Lori's Gifts, it was a great part time job while i was in college because the schedule is very flexible. The hardest part about working for Lori's Gifts is that there is not much advancement.
Very Nice environment with great coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2016
The Work is very repetitive. It's a very small store with only a few people. Management has very good communication. The is very few chances for a break but the do allow bathroom breaks. The small space makes it easy for people with hard time walking.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
no breaks, low hours, no room to advance in the company
Racist company
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 14, 2016
Worked for this company for six years and the first three were fine. After that the district managers were horrible and they were racist. I had to close early one day and was fired because I was sick and could not find replacement.
Pros
Liked my customers
Cons
Too many to list no breaks
Great Work Place with an amazing manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 4, 2016
The job experience here taught me how to properly up sell and help people find the specific things that they needed to help them enjoy the rest of the stay at the St. David's Hospital.
Fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 10, 2015
Had fun here, designed some pretty cool things, liked everyone I worked with and just had fun overall. Would recommend working here.
Comfortable Work Place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2015
This job has a wonderful environment that keeps you connected with the employees at the hospital and gift shop. I come into work and clean, doing my daily task, then help customers find the perfect gift for the patient in the hospital. I've learned the different situations you can have as a sales associate and how to properly handle them. Management has had bumpy roads but when you have the one manager who is the best to work for it is enjoyable. The hardest part is not have enough people to cover shifts when multiple people call out. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with guest who need your support and rely on your judgement.
Pros
Close Connections with others
Cons
A lot of people Stealing from the store because of the lack of security
Fun place to work. Excellent customers
Sales (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXNovember 6, 2015
It was a fun work place environment to work in. I easily adapted to my job responsibilities and connected with the customers greatly. Advancement was slow and raise was out of the question. Growing with the company I didn't feel was possible but a great work place. Worked well with my team for the push of sales, teamwork is a priority. I was give the opportunity to meet new people, build the comfort and trust with my customers. Changing of displays in the store was fun and exciting. Always something to look forward to during the holidays. Hours and lack of management in the past couple of months I felt made the progress of the store slower. The challenge of trying to sell a new product was always fun. It helped me develop a relationship with customers and co-workers alike.
Pros
30% off of items
Cons
No breaks, lack of management
Professional & Fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 19, 2015
Great company to work with it. 24/7 corporate support. Located inside a hospital developed a humanitarian sense on me. I was more than pleased with all my co-workers and hospital's staff.
Productive and fun work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 17, 2015
Great employees to work with and excellent loyal customers to provide your services to, very clean and peaceful work environment.
The Most enjoyable part of the job
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 16, 2015
I enjoyed my coworkers and the hours I worked. The hardest part was being able to work freely and get work to do. I wanted to stay busy and work on meaningful things, which was not always the case.
management
sale associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2015
bad management skills, not a good with pregnant associates and seem very discriminating. hours are bad so is pay do not work for this company.
I'm about tired off Lori's Gifts!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 29, 2015
The company never have you're back. What the point of going by the policy? You sit there say sorry a million times to the customers and say I'm just trying to go by the policy but when they call the corporate too complain I'm in the wrong. Forget the policy because the customers are always right. Lori's Gifts make money everyday with us breaking our backs to make goal but they can't give us 35 hours per week. Working 15- 20 hours per week and the Managers are sneaky too.
Pros
Funny
Cons
Worst Company to work for!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 28, 2015
Don't work for this company EVER!!!
This company never lets you take a break or even a lunch or dinner!!
They make you work long shifts and they don't trust any of their employees.
You are constantly being watched and harassed by your supervisors to make sales your entire work week.
The company never stands behind their employees for anything.
They are always stabbing you in the back!!!
The inventory is junky stuff that they mark up extremely high and the quality of the merchandise is awful!!!
Don't even waste your time or money shopping there!!!
Go shop anywhere else but not there!!!
Don't waste your time or money!!! 😉😛😉

!
Pros
There are none!!!
Cons
Don't work there!!!
Fantastic company!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Idaho falls EIRMCMay 7, 2015
I have worked in retail a long time and when I started working here at Lori's Gifts December 2014 I knew from the start I was going to love it. The company is wonderful in showing appreciation for their employees. They give monthly contests to either win cash added to your check or in store credit to spend. I finally have a place that gives appreciation! Communication is fantastic and always given back in timely manner.
Hours depend on the location. I work as the Assistant Manager in EIRMC in Idaho. Store manager will have the morning hours. Assistant manager has evening hours. Sales associates will be split one has evening shifts and the other will have mid shifts with a morning shift and a closing shift. Store manager has full time while us others have part time. Very great with understanding things happen or come up and getting shifts covered or switched.
Typical shift for our store is come in do shift change, talk to associate get details as to what has been done and what needs to be done. Get tasks done. Cleaning. Big thing, help customers!
Something one needs to know is this is a hospital based company. You need to be able to connect and be there for the customers because they are either A.Here in hospital for something bad that happened. B.Here on a joyous occasion. C. Or have be in before and just love the items we carry so they come check for new things or sales.
You have to be able to connect and sympathize with people. You will be that person someone needs to lean on to just listen and be there for someone going through hard time or scary time or even just be
  more... there to share the joy in a happy occasion. You need to be able to work alone if work in this location and always do your best.
The hardest part of this job is it can be slow at times but there is always something you can do to help the store. You have to not mind dusting and cleaning because that fills up most your slow time!
I really recommend this job to someone looking for part time work if going for sales associate job. Someone who can be reliable and hard working.
I love that I can say for once in my life I love my job and I love the company.
Pros
Appreciation for employees, Monthly Bonuses, Communication, Great environment, Not a hard job, Great customers, Pay is good for a part time.
Cons
Will be evening shifts if not Store manager most likely.
Quiet environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2015
This was a small gift shop, with a lot of foot traffic. There was either a lot of people in the shop or none at all. With three employees and two registers, there was not much to do at times. Nice job for the time, until something better suited towards me came along.
Pros
quiet, unique store
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at lori's gifts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3