lori's gifts

lori's gifts Employee Reviews

Fantastic company!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Idaho falls EIRMCMay 7, 2015
Pros: Appreciation for employees, Monthly Bonuses, Communication, Great environment, Not a hard job, Great customers, Pay is good for a part time.
Cons: Will be evening shifts if not Store manager most likely.
I have worked in retail a long time and when I started working here at Lori's Gifts December 2014 I knew from the start I was going to love it. The company is wonderful in showing appreciation for their employees. They give monthly contests to either win cash added to your check or in store credit to spend. I finally have a place that gives appreciation! Communication is fantastic and always given back in timely manner.
Hours depend on the location. I work as the Assistant Manager in EIRMC in Idaho. Store manager will have the morning hours. Assistant manager has evening hours. Sales associates will be split one has evening shifts and the other will have mid shifts with a morning shift and a closing shift. Store manager has full time while us others have part time. Very great with understanding things happen or come up and getting shifts covered or switched.
Typical shift for our store is come in do shift change, talk to associate get details as to what has been done and what needs to be done. Get tasks done. Cleaning. Big thing, help customers!
Something one needs to know is this is a hospital based company. You need to be able to connect and be there for the customers because they are either A.Here in hospital for something bad that happened. B.Here on a joyous occasion. C. Or have be in before and just love the items we carry so they come check for new things or sales.
You have to be able to connect and sympathize with people. You will be that person someone needs to lean on to just listen and be there for someone going through hard time or scary time or even just be – more... there to share the joy in a happy occasion. You need to be able to work alone if work in this location and always do your best.
The hardest part of this job is it can be slow at times but there is always something you can do to help the store. You have to not mind dusting and cleaning because that fills up most your slow time!
I really recommend this job to someone looking for part time work if going for sales associate job. Someone who can be reliable and hard working.
I love that I can say for once in my life I love my job and I love the company. – less
Quiet environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: quiet, unique store
Cons: poor management
This was a small gift shop, with a lot of foot traffic. There was either a lot of people in the shop or none at all. With three employees and two registers, there was not much to do at times. Nice job for the time, until something better suited towards me came along.
Hospital gift shop
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 30, 2014
Working here was a descent start back into the workforce after making the choice to raise my wonderful children. Working part time was fine it was just the matter of not having the flexibility of a schedule that is sometimes needed. I have worked retail many times in the course of my working life and enjoyed getting to know the customers I encountered within the hospital setting. No possibility for FT work at that time, and I needed to enhance my career in the area of my degree and or in the administration field as a whole. This is why I chose to leave to go after better career opportunities to support my family.
Good setting
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2014
Pros: nice environment surrounded by good people.
Cons: low pay and benefits, lack of communication with the district manager to the point of store was closed down abruptly.
Steady paced gift store at a hospital. Enjoyed the medical staff and our hard working employee.
Decent Part-Time Job
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 1, 2014
You are usually by yourself for a few hours a day so you will have to deal with all customers who ask to speak to a manager and any deliveries that come in. Working both as a sales associate and then as an assistant manager, I learned that it was difficult trying to attend to customers while filling out phone orders by yourself since so many customers were impatient. The little time you do have with other workers did help move things and helped sales because more customers could be helped.
A get job for college students
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 13, 2014
Lori's gifts is a gift shop in major hospital. Some locations are busy while other locations are slow.
the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 6, 2014
I loved everything about this job from the people I worked with to the people that came in the store.
Fun and enjoyable work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
I enjoy working at Lori's Gift Shop. It's fast paced, friendly, and is a great place to work if you need an extra income. My co-workers are wonderful, we all work as a team to keep sales goal above and beyond for the month. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the faces of the patients in the hospital light up when I do hospital deliveries. It warns my heart to know that I can makes some feel better by bringing them floral arrangements and balloons.
Job Only Good for Students
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 8, 2014
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: barely a break, boring, high turnover
This place seemed okay at first but turned out to be very boring. They did not hire enough people in case something happened and you could be written up even though you had a written liable excuse. Some of the merchandise was overpriced and breaks......forget it. Could barely go to the bathroom without the hospital making a complaint that the store was closed too long. 5 minutes???? If you're a student it's perfect. Anybody else it's a waste of time. And the position I applied for wasn't what I was hired for. Posting said Assistant Manager. It was a bait and switch
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 14, 2014
Pros: minimal supervision, making connections with cutomers, experience
Cons: low wage, no breaks, not flexible
A typical day at work includes assisting customers with purchase transactions and Monitoring customer activities as requested by supervisor to ensure customer satisfaction, maintaining cash control location and safe count at closing, assisting in merchandizing, display maintenance and maintaining store clean, ability to communicate with customers and associates while providing a friendly environment.
fun outgoing crew
sales assosiate (Current Employee), fort worth, txJune 4, 2014
Pros: special sales, friendly employees, music on job, cool merchandise.
Cons: insurance/healthcare, short shifts, freezing cold environment.
A typical day at work is smooth with frequent rush with customers, very upbeat and friendly environment with certainly no complaints. I've mostly learned from working here is how you can take your job serious but still keep it fun and interesting. Management is really good at my job , i feel its important to have some type of relationship with your manager or supervisor and im thankful i feel confident bringing up any situations to management. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different people and doing what i enjoy. I wouldn't consider nothing about my job to be hard.
N/A
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 28, 2014
Awesome company to work for. Very friendly environment and lots of room to grow.
Easy, fun, enjoyable enviroment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Odessa, TXMay 15, 2014
I had time to myself because I worked alone, most of the time. I got along with everyone, and my co-workers were very friendly. As my first job, I didn't have a hard time counting money from the drawer and to the customers. I grew confidence, as an individual. I wouldn't assume that there was anything too difficult about the job. I enjoyed being able to go to school and also have a job.
woman and infants hospital Providence RI
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Providence, RIMay 14, 2014
Pros: parking
Cons: biweekly pay, horrible hours
its great meeting new people everyday and really impacting their life on just 1 simple visit.
i learned a lot on selling and merchandising
management sucked!!! except one of my assistant managers who i became friends with. my manager was a disgrace! he may have been nice to you upfront but he was a backstabber as soon as you turned away. i havent been so disgusted in the way i was treated by fellow coworkers and my store manager, spreading rumors and lies about me behind my back. i emailed my district manager and the president of the company but was given no response and nothing was done. I was bullied out of the job because i couldnt even look at my manager in the face and when i went to give my 2 week notice he laughed in my face and said yeah theres alot of rumors going on about you
Quiet environment, wonderful customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hazel Crest, ILMarch 26, 2014
Pros: discount in hospital cafeteria for associates, wonderful customers and employees from the hospital
Cons: low pay, little hours
I loved working for Lori's Gifts. Wonderful environment and wonderful people. I got the chance to meet a lot of different people since the gift shop was located in a hospital. My co-workers were wonderful, sensible young ladies and so was my manager.
open door policy
Store Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2014
Pros: meeting different people everyday
As a district we have a lot of conference calls where store managers get to bounce ideas off everyone and get different ideas on displaying products and what to order for their stores. District Manager is very easy to reach and easy to talk to. Best part of it all is the joy on peoples face when you know that you have made a difference in there day.
boring but great experience
Customer service associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great for students and retired people, deliver to patients throughout the hospital
Cons: too boring
I only worked on weekends and I would open and close all by myself. People would walk right pass and see I was bored out my mind. This job is great for students because it gives you a lot of time to do home work.
LORI'S IS WONDERFUL
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Evergreen Pk, ILJanuary 15, 2014
BUSY SELLING AND MAKING CUSTOMER FEEL AS IF THEY ARE IN AN XPENSIVE BOUTIQUE
Employer at Lori's Gifts
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 15, 2013
Pros: earn bonuses, family-oriented company
Cons: some of the benefits
This is a good company to work for. The company's main focus is customer service. You have to a people oriented person and the company is definitely a family-oriented environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be creative with displays and building relationships with customers.
A very meaningful and enjoyable place of work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Live Oak, TXMarch 25, 2013
Pros: down time when i get to sit down and relax for a while, getting employee discounts
Cons: the hours.. i am only part time.. so my pay checks are not as great.
A typical day at work is going to the supply room to pick up any packages for our store..I learn different things every day.. but mainly the interactions with people is what I learn the most from.I love being the manager at the my job because I feel like I know how to lead and take charge and train others to do their job the best way possible.I don't have too many hard parts about my job other than having alot of things to do all at the same time. I mostly enjoy the customers..I get to exercise my people skills and it pleases me to make others satisfied.