lori's gifts Employee Reviews

Low hours, Coworkers call in so you have to fill in, "Team Effort" in sales goals
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 10, 2017
Our store is so tiny it's incredible that it's still open. The stockroom is an incredible mess, it's literally the size of a small hallway stacked with stuff. I'm learning more and more everyday, little tips and tricks, but mostly I feel pressured into pressuring people into buying extra things to meet sales goals. Of course I don't pressure people into buying things but I do show the promotions and deals as well as clearance that is there for that week. I feel as tho I'm always getting hounded about trying to suggest items, suggest, suggest, suggest. This company cares about it's sales but not it's employees. You get 30% off normal priced items (not including food and drink!) I do enjoy seeing what clearance is there and sometimes getting a couple of things that are a good deal. Management is okay, the assistant manager is who I'm having to deal with because the Manager is out on leave. I hate being called in last minute to go work, like for instance, today, I was called early this morning, to go into work, because the other store associate is "sick." I mean, I need the hours, so I said I guess, but this is not the first time. I've had to fill in for people for at least like 3 or 4 other times.... It's ridiculous. All I'm saying is when I want a day off, they had better fill in for me, otherwise that is so unfair it's not even funny. I kind of feel like I'm having a big workload dumped on me just because I'm new. But anyway, I would rather be busy than be bored, which speaking of, you have to always stay busy because corporate has cameras, you can't take a bathroom  more... break for more than 5 minutes, you have to eat food in the stockroom because you can't be seen eating it on the camera or by customers. I am learning a lot though about what it takes to have good sales, in hopes that one day I might open my own craft store or something of the sort, so I know what tactics to use to sell sell sell...... I do kind of like the planograms because I'm learning what things go where and what looks good set up certain ways.  less
Pros
30% off regular priced non consumables, badge credit IF you meet sales goal
Cons
only 5 minute bathroom breaks, sad visitors because of ill family, trying to sell to people who don't need it
Great company to work for
customer service, sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Florence, SC 29501August 28, 2017
Lori's is a great company to work for, friendly environment, and helpful management. I would still be there if the store had not closed when it did, miss it.
Cons
not enough hours
Hectic midtown store with all the trimmings to go along with it
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 9, 2017
Co-workers are great. Management is 50/50. The location is nice. No employee appreciation unless you count after work gatherings. Met some of the best people in my retail career there though.
Pros
The co-workers
Cons
Pay, hours, management
Productive and fun work place. Chances to receive bonuses monthly.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2017
I've worked for Lori's Gifts for 11 years now and it's been wonderful. Our corporate office/support center is just a phone call or email away and are always ready to help out whenever we need them. Over the years I've met lots of people from all walks of life and being able to interact with them never ceases to amuse me. I know people that have worked there for 20 plus years and they have nothing but good things to say about the experience.
Fun and fast paced
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 3, 2017
I liked the work environment, the staff and the customers. They were very flexible with my work schedule needs.I would definitely recommend employment to anyone searching for retail.
Would Not Reccomend
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAAugust 1, 2017
Always very short staffed. set schedules, so you are not allowed to hire any extra employees. Company is based in Texas, so a majority of the products do not sell very well in the northeast, the company seems to not care about this.
Just Being Honest !!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2017
With The Hours I Worked I Wasn't Able To Have A Social Life or Be Able To Balance My Time When It Came To Running Errands,Etc. Also My Store Manager Never Wanted to Work The Days When Associates Called Out The Times When I Was On Vacation and Other Occasions..It Just Wasn't Any Team Effort When It Came To The Management Team.
Great People not so great career
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 9, 2017
I am currently in my 2nd year of employment at Lori's and while I love the people I work with, there is not much room for advancement. And working every holiday is not so great.
Too much work.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2017
They overwork everyone and don't ever give you a feeling of accomplishment. Management doesn't pay attention to employees needs and work schedule is never stable. If those issues were resolved it be a good place to work.
Love customers, care less about job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 14, 2017
I enjoy the customers and working in the hospital environment. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communications between corporate and store level.
Pros
Great customer relationships, loving displaying new merchandise
Cons
No advancement in the company, benefits are below average, pay/salary is below average, lack of communcation between corporate and store level
fast paced
Cashier/Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 12, 2017
This was a great job to work at. I enjoyed the fast paced environment. I enjoyed always working as a team. I learned a lot of new things in the retail department working here.
Pros
new learned skills
Cons
i had no cons at this job
Productive and fun workplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 6, 2017
work traditional work hours 8am to 430pm
liked my co-workers
Good training for management
Good customer Service
Promoted through several position; Assistant manager, store coordinator, & general manager
Pros
Meet new customers everyday
Great
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2017
Great company I really enjoy working for the company . Great pay amazing hour. I just need something more challenging.I love dealing with all of the happy Family. It a baby store so we deal with happy parents the majority of the time.
relaxed environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAMay 15, 2017
nothing but good things to say about my experience working at loris. they were open with the fact i needed time for school. allowed me to take time off if i was sick.
Cool place to work for temporary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2017
Easy going can be slow. All shops are in hospitals if im not mistaken. not a bad place for quick money, not many hours offered depending on where you go, also paid biweekly.
Pros
cool snacks to buy
Cons
no lunch
Upper management cold and uncaring
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 9, 2017
Direct management were wonderful, upper management are completely cold and uncaring and go out of their way to make you feel like you are not a part of the team or needed in any way
Pros
discount
Cons
low pay
Loved the interaction with hospital staff and customers
Handling sales (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXApril 5, 2017
As sales clerk here I got to sell floral arrangements, baby items, balloon and other gift items for patients, visitors as well as hospital staff. This was a one stop shop with a little bit everything.

I enjoyed taking phone orders for items, that I would then deliver to the patients. There was never a dull moment and always someone to interact with and talk to.
Pros
part time
Cons
crazy hours as that it was a 365 day operation
Cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 19, 2017
Sales associate, keeping the store clean, keeping the cutsomers happy and them find exactly what they need, Also working at the store by myself with no help.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 3, 2017
It sometimes difficult when only one person working at night , making it impossible to complete any tasks. But overall delivery are fun give you a chance to leave the store.
Managment is the worst
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJJanuary 3, 2017
The manager made all the lower ranked employees do her job and switch the days for her needs only.and would denied any day you would request months in advance.Just TERRIBLE