Lorillard Tobacco Company Employee Reviews

Fun place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 27, 2017
This has been the best job. The company was the best to work for. Excellent benefits. Ceo and management cared about the employees. The jobs were not hard, pay was great.
Pros
Cons
Needed to be more informative
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 11, 2017
Love working there learn alot but management was on the buddy system thing where theY would treat friends better than the ones that do the better job. The pay was great
Pros
Benafits
Cons
Bad management
it was a great job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJ 07936December 14, 2016
This job was demanding but enjoyable.
its was a big company with good people working there.
Division managers and coworkers work together to get tasks done.
Pros
it"s a good company to work for
Cons
it was sold...
Great pay and benefits
Production adjuster (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 14, 2016
Great place to work. The people were great but working third shift was tough. Was able to learn a lot about cigarette production process. My first time as a union employee.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Third shift
great pay great benifits
Utility Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 18, 2016
People were great to work with. Pay and benefits were outstanding.
Good working enviroment. Management worked with employess.
Great benefits
Packing Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC 27401August 27, 2016
It was a fantastic place to work until sold out to ITGreed. Great pay and great people to work with. We will never find a job like this again.
Pros
Fantastic Benefits
Laid back environment
Back Feeder Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 5, 2016
Well I thought that I was going to finish my career out with Lorillard but then they got bought out and turned into ITG Brands which in the end is what got me and over 500 people laid off when it was Lorillard it was a great place to be. Although I got laid off it still had great benefits and pay but after everything was said and done we did not get a grand separation package deal that I think many people were expecting. The plant itself was a very gossip type place but other then that that's all I can say.
Pros
excellent pay, non stressful work task, majority of supervisor were relax style not all but most, great benefits, work schedule was great, holiday's off were great
Cons
gossiping emoployees, a very hot environment, lack of managment accoutability, to many supervisor for a shift, hard to advance.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 12, 2016
Lorillard Tobacco Company was sold to Reynolds American in 2015. Divested brands from both companies were added to the manufacturing facility in Greensboro.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Company sold in 2015
Nice place to work
Plant maintenance dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Greensboro NCApril 3, 2016
great people to work with. Learned a lot about SAP system. Some weeks you put in a lot of hours. Great workers and atmosphere.
Pros
easy going but productive
Cons
a lot of middle management and major reduction in work force after merger
Good place to work, and working with the chemists
Chemistry Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 11, 2016
Assist the chemist on their projects. Clean all six labs before and after the work day. Enjoyable part of my job is learning different technique from the chemists. Co workers are a good people to be around and discuss different lab work flow. My management is very open to any suggestion that we may have. Good environment over all.
Pros
Great company, and good benefits.
Great place to work, and I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 11, 2016
My job title is Lab Technician. My day of checking six labs for being clean and prep for experiment for tobacco. Check in with each chemist for assisting them on their projects.
Pros
Benefits are great, and the pay is very good.
Great company to work for
Management Program Trainee/Field Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 26, 2015
This company was wonderful to work for. They provide intensive management training. Team work is valued in order to assist with the success of the company.
Good place to work.
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2015
Company has been sold. Was a great place to work at. Worked from 8am t0 5pm Monday to Friday servicing retail and chain stores and helping them with their Cigarettes line of products by offering merchandising programs and discount programs, while at the same time helping the company growth share of market in all their brands. Great Job! Great co-workers-Great benefits!
Good Company, but not my cup of tea
Office Manager/Executive Assistant [part-time] (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 5, 2015
Lorillard is a good company. The local reps are wonderful and hard working. The one thing I was not a fan of is smoking in the office. It's a tobacco company so what should I do? Well, I just decided it wasn't for me.
Pros
People are friendly, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Smoking in the less than 1000 sqft office
Great Company
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 21, 2015
Lorillard was a terrific company to work for. It was one of the oldest companies in the United States until June when it went through a merger. The company no longer exists.
Pros
Work life balance. Company Vehicle.
Cons
Company no longer exists.
Merger
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  tampa,flJuly 7, 2015
Lorillard was taken over by a merger. Too many people were laid off. Not too sure what to think about it all. Over 150 employee's in Florida. Sad!
Pros
Was job secure
Cons
Merger
Soul sucking environment
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 31, 2015
I worked for Lorillard for just shy of 7 years in the corporate office. I found it to be the most demoralizing work experience of my life. People in my own department were rude, clique-ish, and so unpleasant to work for, as well as dishonest. I cried everyday before going to work. The CEO came in in 2010 with a hidden agenda to sell,the company to our biggest competitor, which finally came out in the local paper. Very little work to do, was told to "look busy" despite repeated requests for work, very MAD MEN like. Women had their place and white men are all the senior level managers. No advancement for women or minorities. People there are miserable, from what my friends who work there say. Terrible work environment.
Pros
High salary, decent benefits although cut back in 2013
Cons
Horrible work environment, no room for advancement, lying management, lots of horrible people
Was not busy all the time
Accounts Payable Clerk (Temporary assignment) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 21, 2015
I was hired as a temp to help the Accounts payable clerk out; There were so many times I did not have anything to do. I have to be a productive person.
Pros
Very friendly coworkers
Cons
not productive enough for me
Excellent sales force
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 17, 2015
Best group of professional ever worked for & with. The skills & knowledge of merchandising & collective re-setting of shelve space, & our intial approach to our retailers was simply the best in all of the country.....
soild company
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAApril 2, 2015
Good work/Life balance
company car
great pay
nice co-workers
little to no supervision
learned a new industry
management is easy to get along with