Lorillard Tobacco Company Employee Reviews

Great benefits
Packing Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC 27401August 27, 2016
It was a fantastic place to work until sold out to ITGreed. Great pay and great people to work with. We will never find a job like this again.
Pros
Fantastic Benefits
Laid back environment
Back Feeder Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 5, 2016
Well I thought that I was going to finish my career out with Lorillard but then they got bought out and turned into ITG Brands which in the end is what got me and over 500 people laid off when it was Lorillard it was a great place to be. Although I got laid off it still had great benefits and pay but after everything was said and done we did not get a grand separation package deal that I think many people were expecting. The plant itself was a very gossip type place but other then that that's all I can say.
Pros
excellent pay, non stressful work task, majority of supervisor were relax style not all but most, great benefits, work schedule was great, holiday's off were great
Cons
gossiping emoployees, a very hot environment, lack of managment accoutability, to many supervisor for a shift, hard to advance.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 12, 2016
Lorillard Tobacco Company was sold to Reynolds American in 2015. Divested brands from both companies were added to the manufacturing facility in Greensboro.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Company sold in 2015
Nice place to work
Plant maintenance dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Greensboro NCApril 3, 2016
great people to work with. Learned a lot about SAP system. Some weeks you put in a lot of hours. Great workers and atmosphere.
Pros
easy going but productive
Cons
a lot of middle management and major reduction in work force after merger
Good place to work, and working with the chemists
Chemistry Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 11, 2016
Assist the chemist on their projects. Clean all six labs before and after the work day. Enjoyable part of my job is learning different technique from the chemists. Co workers are a good people to be around and discuss different lab work flow. My management is very open to any suggestion that we may have. Good environment over all.
Pros
Great company, and good benefits.
Great place to work, and I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 11, 2016
My job title is Lab Technician. My day of checking six labs for being clean and prep for experiment for tobacco. Check in with each chemist for assisting them on their projects.
Pros
Benefits are great, and the pay is very good.
Great company to work for
Management Program Trainee/Field Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 26, 2015
This company was wonderful to work for. They provide intensive management training. Team work is valued in order to assist with the success of the company.
Good place to work.
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2015
Company has been sold. Was a great place to work at. Worked from 8am t0 5pm Monday to Friday servicing retail and chain stores and helping them with their Cigarettes line of products by offering merchandising programs and discount programs, while at the same time helping the company growth share of market in all their brands. Great Job! Great co-workers-Great benefits!
Good Company, but not my cup of tea
Office Manager/Executive Assistant [part-time] (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 5, 2015
Lorillard is a good company. The local reps are wonderful and hard working. The one thing I was not a fan of is smoking in the office. It's a tobacco company so what should I do? Well, I just decided it wasn't for me.
Pros
People are friendly, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Smoking in the less than 1000 sqft office
Great Company
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 21, 2015
Lorillard was a terrific company to work for. It was one of the oldest companies in the United States until June when it went through a merger. The company no longer exists.
Pros
Work life balance. Company Vehicle.
Cons
Company no longer exists.

Want to know more about Lorillard Tobacco Company?

Ask a question
Merger
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  tampa,flJuly 7, 2015
Lorillard was taken over by a merger. Too many people were laid off. Not too sure what to think about it all. Over 150 employee's in Florida. Sad!
Pros
Was job secure
Cons
Merger
Soul sucking environment
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 31, 2015
I worked for Lorillard for just shy of 7 years in the corporate office. I found it to be the most demoralizing work experience of my life. People in my own department were rude, clique-ish, and so unpleasant to work for, as well as dishonest. I cried everyday before going to work. The CEO came in in 2010 with a hidden agenda to sell,the company to our biggest competitor, which finally came out in the local paper. Very little work to do, was told to "look busy" despite repeated requests for work, very MAD MEN like. Women had their place and white men are all the senior level managers. No advancement for women or minorities. People there are miserable, from what my friends who work there say. Terrible work environment.
Pros
High salary, decent benefits although cut back in 2013
Cons
Horrible work environment, no room for advancement, lying management, lots of horrible people
Was not busy all the time
Accounts Payable Clerk (Temporary assignment) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 21, 2015
I was hired as a temp to help the Accounts payable clerk out; There were so many times I did not have anything to do. I have to be a productive person.
Pros
Very friendly coworkers
Cons
not productive enough for me
Excellent sales force
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 17, 2015
Best group of professional ever worked for & with. The skills & knowledge of merchandising & collective re-setting of shelve space, & our intial approach to our retailers was simply the best in all of the country.....
soild company
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAApril 2, 2015
Good work/Life balance
company car
great pay
nice co-workers
little to no supervision
learned a new industry
management is easy to get along with
Productive and excellent learning experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 31, 2015
Great environment to learn industrial nursing. You are challenged with emergencies where you can use your critical thinking and skills.
Pros
great benefits and staff
good company
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  danville, vaDecember 21, 2014
good company to work for, would go back if opportunity arrises. would still be there if we didn't move back to Pittsburgh, pa. I recommend Lorillard Tobacco as an employer. Nice working/ friendly environment which I miss the most. miss working with my former boss and co-workers.
Excellent benefits package
B2B Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 29, 2014
Overall this is a great place to work once you get past the stigma of working for a cigarette company.
Pros
health benefits, company car, easy to get time off, very generous holiday schedule, easy job if you have half a brain
Cons
old school upper management team, bad stigma of working in this industry, monotonous/brain-dead work, not a real challenge if that's what you're looking for.
Stay 1 or 2 years then get out
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  NortheastOctober 9, 2014
retired sales employee for many years , without doubt the best of the tobacco company's to work for but like anything it is changing.
Company is now being merged bought out by Reynolds American.
New CEO came on board and window dressed company and sold it
with new CEO making a bundle.
Pros
company car
Cons
extremely regimented, low pay no bonus, commission be prepared to have management follow you around every other week
Self-improving
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Chelmsford, MAJuly 31, 2014
I enjoyed the job very much. It allowed me to excel by using my social skills and my ability to promote the product that I was selling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lorillard Tobacco Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Lorillard Tobacco Company Reviews by Location