Los Alamitos Medical Center Employee Reviews

It was a reasonable job
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CANovember 7, 2017
There was lack of order. There was no accountability on supplies or on production. The staff would not be held accountable for lost or missing supplies which would then fall back on the Materials personnel.
November 8, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

Competitive but fun workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CASeptember 15, 2017
You work hard but the days just fly by because you work with such fun people. The hospital isn't very big but it is busy and most of the equipment new and up to date.
September 16, 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback. At Los Alamitos, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Great place to work.
Speech Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CASeptember 7, 2017
Good rehab team. Friendly staff and there is good interdisciplinary cooperation. Management is considerate and there is good communication. It has a nice work environment.
September 11, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Los Alamitos' success.

Diverse positions
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 30, 2017
Depending on the week, I could be at five different locations throughout our hospital. I have learned many things working here, including phone etiquette, patient care and how management runs things. Most enjoyable time throughout my day is going the extra mile and having a patient thank me for my service of going above and beyond. During the years our perks have decreased tremendously, however, I am thankful for what we do still receive.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 30, 2017
This hospital is a great place to work. Friendly staff in all departments and very hard workers. I have learned a lot at this hospital and it has made me who I am today.
Pros
great employees
Cons
short breaks and tight rooms
Great place to work at
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 24, 2017
The employees at los alamitos medical center are great to work with making the time fly by. The small hospital is exposed to every type of surgery from orthpedic total joints to every general surgery possible to neuro cases as well. Overall i love working at Los Alamitos.
very busy place
Director of Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 16, 2017
Tent is a strong organization. They have money to invest into into your facility. They think only about profit margin. Longevity for the employees. Very proactive with the union. Employees benefits are excellent. management could be better. HR not strong in supporting management, they are scared of the union.
The doctors rule the hospital not administration.
You learn a lot in budget and productivity with this organization.
Pros
the teach you a great deal about fianance
Cons
very stressful place
Place of work where you get plenty of experience and really get to know your coworkers.
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 2, 2017
I have always enjoyed working at LAMC that's why I stayed for over 15 years. The staff are friendly and helpful. You will experience challenges but very manageable. Small hospital that you get to know everybody. It can be fun and memorable. Changes are inevitable to provide better care, LAMC continuously strive to do better. You are provided tools to advanced your skills and up to date information to better care patient. Definitely will grow and enhanced knowledge.
hostile work area
Housekeeper Aide (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJuly 5, 2017
The place is awesome to work at first or if you work in a different department that is not housekeeping, you got a supervisor who really don't do much to stop bulling you got a union that don't help you at all plus a housekeeper who bullies so many people and its totally fine. you get extra work handed to you, other housekeepers make the work environment stresful
Los Alamitos was a fast paced hospital
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJune 26, 2017
Los Alamitos was a very busy hospital on the daily basis, had to handle a large volume of calls and patients on a daily basis and meet daily quota. As well as pre-register patients
Hectic Place and Often Short-staffed
PHLEBOTOMY CLINICAL INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJune 13, 2017
but so are most hospital labs. Overall, each person does their best and makes the job manageable. I did my phlebotomy internship at this hospital, and it worked out just fine.
Great work environment
Manager Pt Bus. Services (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAMay 18, 2017
Full 8 hour day
Each days was different from the nest
Great Coworkers
Month end
Helping coworkers and people with issues. Always feel great with you assisted someone with their problems.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
yearly increases
Productive Health Care Provider
Surgical Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CA 90720May 5, 2017
Providing patient care to a variety of patients.
Excellent customer service skills.
Good Management Dept.
Job fairly easy.
Working with great health care team.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
You always learn something new!
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAMay 1, 2017
A tipical day at work is always busy. I learned to know and to care for people more. The hardest part of the job was to multi-task. the most enjoyable part of the job was to know that I was helping people.
Pros
We will find time to smile.
Cons
Sometimes it was difficult to find time to take a break.
Productive -
Coronary Artery Disease Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAApril 30, 2017
Supportive hospital culture - very minimal silos. Education department very vested in providing staff CEU's and maintaining educated on best practice guidelines
Pros
staff yearly;education provided
Cons
interdepartmental Silos"
Awesome work place.
Volunteer Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Great place to work full time/ part time. Place are very busy but warm in nature. Awesome people to work with. It's really great to recommend. People are very helpful in times you need help. Patients are very appreciative for the good service we deliver to them.
Productive and Busy Small Hospital
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJanuary 2, 2017
An average work day usually entails 3-4 technologists with a patient load of 30-40 exams per day, mostly abdomen and vascular, some ob-gyn, and special procedures. Management is ok, my direct supervisor is great though. My coworkers are great as well, everybody works well together more often than not.
Good, clean workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJune 8, 2016
I would perform venipunctures, blood collection and do proper labeling. Once I was done collecting blood samples I would put them trough the centrifuge then store them or delivered them the proper department.
A good place to learn
Monitor Tech/Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAMay 14, 2016
Low salary pays for the type of work performed, had issues with employees, they always had treats, the doctor and nurses was as knowledgeable and there was lots of code blues.
great place to work
RCP, RRT II (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 12, 2015
great place to work, great competent co- workers, ok management, long commute, worked in all clinical capacities, average benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Alamitos Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Los Alamitos Medical Center Reviews by Location