Los Alamos Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

12 hour night shifts
Staff Nurse - ICU/Pediatric ICU (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMNovember 12, 2015
Hardest part of the job was working 12 hour nights and balancing life and work but coworkers were supportive and great.

From time to time I would float into the well baby nursery and learned more about pediatric illness as the ICU was also Pedi ICU for children with RSV.
Pros
they allowed me to sleep in an empty room to decrease my travel time (95 miles one way)
Cons
Working night shifts makes it difficult to balance life/work
great group of fellow employees. job was very informative
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMMay 22, 2015
Great place to work. All the staff was always very helpful and fun to work with. I had great hours. They had a cafeteria that had really great food.
Hospital
Courier and Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMApril 27, 2014
Shifts 12 hours long. Cared for 10 patients at a time. Enjoyed my time at this position .
Great Teamwork and fun
Lab Asst (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMNovember 11, 2013
Fantastic crew to work with. However being in Los Alamos, fairly distant from home, if i lived in Los Alamos this would be the dream job.
Fun place to work, inconsistant work opportunities
Medical Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJanuary 8, 2013
Good place to work, supervisors were fair. Workloads were inconsistent and many RNs were called off unexpectedly without pay.
Great Employer
Graveyard Generalist (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJuly 11, 2012
This hospital is small and provide a high quality of care.

Everyone is supportive of one another and puts the care of the patients first
Pros
the people
Cons
hr
Registrars are fun, professional and friendly people with knowledge and strength.
Patient Service Representative (Registrar) (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos Medical CenterJuly 8, 2012
A typical day at my job with Los Alamos Medical Center consisted of getting into my desk promptly and signing on and registering demographics into our computer hospital program with accuracy, speed and friendliness. Customer service was always our registrars main objective. This included getting all insurance records, personal information such as mailing address, phone, emergency contacts, work, address and making the proper notations in the system for other employee's such as billing rep's to view for thier own informational records and so they could bill properly. Verification of benefits and prior authorization for certain procedures had to be done on a pre-registration basis by calling the patient over the phone or interviewing them in person and getting them set up for thier visit, this included, breast exams, MRI's, and procedures such as C-sections or births for OB patients and thier babies. My coworkers and I always worked to maintain a steady and team oriented work attitude. If one didn't know the answer, I might, so we all helped one another problem solve and solve customers concerns and or complaints and tried to solve them with ease to make everyone happy if possible. The hardest part of the job is seeing someone you have known coming in as a patient pass away. It is something that stays with you forever. I will never forget one of my very brave coworkers, and also one of my very selfless patients. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing that I could help solve a customer issue and seeing thier tears wash away by resolving thier problem or our error by making  more... things better in thier eyes, and aknowledging thier feelings. Its magnificant to see someone leave the hospital knowing I care about them enough to investigate, problem solve and go the extra mile. I loved being a patient advocate!  less
Pros
helping to improve the patients hospital experience first hand.
Cons
high level stress, but well worth it!
excellent medical staff/excellent people/great place to live
Interim CEO (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMMay 4, 2012
the medical staff had rebelled against the president who was fired. I was hired as the interim CEO. During my seven month stay I was able to organize and motivate the medical staff and got them to help with the management of the hospital. Created a new Hospitalist program wirtth their support;resolved an anesthesia dispute;created a new oncology program, hired a new rheumatologist and general surgeon; and created a physician advisory committee. Also coordinated a successful recruitment for the permanent president.Interestingly, during this transition, a major wildfire consumed the town and I had to evacuate the hospital and reopen it two weeks latter.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Alamos Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4