Los Alamos National Laboratory Employee Review

View all Los Alamos National Laboratory reviews

Great Place to Learn
Administrative Assistant/Student (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJuly 20, 2014
I came on board as a student, and have learned multiple skills within the government realm, and have strengthen existing skills. However, now that my degree is complete, I am not guaranteed a full time position within the Laboratory.
Pros
Great opportunity to make connections, and learn new skills
Cons
Job security is unstable if under the student program, and you wish to stay

Other Los Alamos National Laboratory Employee Reviews

Professional and result orientated, focus on personnel safety and adherence to policies and regulatory guidelines.
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMNovember 22, 2017
Overall exceptional group of Management and Craft to work with. Atmosphere conducive to achieving top quality results. Would go back to this location and work.
Cut throat work culture
GIS Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMNovember 17, 2017
The specific group I worked in was a very cut throat work culture. There was no defined job description when I was brought on board. My supervisor couldn't describe my tasks or expectations. When I'd go ask what I could work on, he'd tell me that he didn't assign tasks. Then I was told I wasn't doing enough work. Outside of the specific group that I worked in, everyone was very professional and courteous. I think it's just this specific group.
Pros
Excellent salary and benefits
Cons
poor management and no defined tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Alamos National Laboratory. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2