Los Alamos National Laboratory Employee Reviews

Work hours are good.
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMFebruary 14, 2017
The worker bees are very nice and enjoyable to work with. Good safe town to raise a family. Medical insurance is also very good.
Pros
401(K) company match
Productive and career oriented working with national security
Materials Handler IV (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJanuary 23, 2017
awesome environment working with top advanced technology constructing small scale review in restricted area,s. Certified by national government in standards , polices and procedure's licensed by OSHEA .Heavy equipment trained and licensed by federal standards working in extremely dangerous work environments with high voltage .and top grade equipment . Trained by highly professional staffs within work enviorment .
Pros
President Bill Clinton
Cons
Contract Renewels
Productive and fun work environment
Computer Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJanuary 19, 2017
On my internship, the team I worked with at LANL was fun, refreshing and engaging. They were always willing to help and great to work with. The team would take new employees to lunches, local activities and more.
productive and intresting work
Environmental Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJanuary 5, 2017
a lot of work, great co workers, benefits not too good, not much travel that i am used to and limited access to locations.

not much travel

benefits are basic

no bonuses (annually)
Pros
good work and life balance
Cons
benifits, no bonuses, and not much travel
Great summer work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMDecember 20, 2016
This job taught me more about the research process. The work atmosphere was okay. I typically worked alone but when I needed assistance my managers were always there to.
Hard to please management
QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMDecember 12, 2016
1) 10 - 12 hour uncompensated work days
2) great educational opportunities
3) middle management is untrained in management techniques and can not see beyond their personal opinions
4) co-workers are usually worried more about what you are doing rather than working their jobs
5) boredom comes easily
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
I always looked forward to getting to work
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMNovember 19, 2016
I made a lot of money and I had fun doing it. I met some really good friends there. I also learned on the job, which was even more valuable to me than learning in a classroom.
Best Place in the World
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMNovember 4, 2016
Small town, safe, great place to raise kids. Its tucked away in the mountains, and isolated so people coming from big cities either love it or hate it.
Nice place to work
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMOctober 7, 2016
LANL is a nice place to work. The staff are friendly and intelligent. Los Alamos itself is a beautiful and historical county with plenty to offer in the way of outdoor adventure.
Productive and captivating workspace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMAugust 18, 2016
Most notable among the many wonderful qualities of Los Alamos National Laboratory, is the positivity and support given by the mentors. Interns are given their due credit, and asked to perform tasks that are not mundane, but intellectually stimulating.
Stressful
Waste Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJuly 29, 2016
There is more work to do than people to do the work. Very political environment. If you don't fit in with the "crowd" your career can suffer. Salary is good, benefits are very good overall. Co-workers were overall easy to get along with, but favoritism runs rampant.
Pros
salary
Cons
too much politics
Fun and productive
Undergraduate Student (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJuly 14, 2016
On a typical work day I had to help my mentor with procedures and make spread sheets for a shipment log.I learned how to use my Microsoft Word and Excel skills and I was also able to better my skills. The management was great and made sure you did your work.
Pros
Flexibility with schedule
Best part of my job are the people I work with. Everyone is always ready to help and encourage one another.
Undergraduate Student (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMMay 24, 2016
I begin most days by coming into the office early to make sure everything is ready for our Small Business office vendor liaisons. This includes ensuring meetings are effectively organized, greeting numerous visitors, answering and managing incoming and outgoing calls while gathering approved supplier reviews and entering them into our supplier website. The majority of my duties include assisting vendors, both in person and on the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job without a doubt is the work environment. My teammates and I get a lot of challenges - work load, deadlines and the pressure to be perfect, but I see them as opportunities to see how far we can push ourselves, excel at what we do, and be stronger as a team. My organization offers flextime which allows me to work and also attend college, giving me the opportunity to have the best of both worlds.
Pros
Flexible, Understanding
Cons
Not a fulltime employee
Great
Research and Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMApril 26, 2016
Great place to work, great people and environment, able to work in multiple areas doing different things across the board
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Property Manager 4 - Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMMarch 6, 2016
Great place to work. Cutting edge science. Supports education and growth. Co-workers make for a very good team. LANL plays a major role in the local and extended community.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
2 hour commute each way from where I live
Productive work place
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMFebruary 6, 2016
Productive work place with good benefits. Many bright people. Good management staff. A lot of opportunities to do good science.
Office culture
FIELD SERVICES POST-BACHELOR INTERN (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJanuary 25, 2016
Good job security and safe environment. Enjoy most of the people for the most part. Great at providing training and professional development
great experience, would love to go back
RCT II (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMNovember 29, 2015
I loved New Mexico, and would still be there but I was part of a massive layoff. There is alot to love about this place if you are into different culture.
Pros
everything
Cons
layoffs
Great place to work!
Graduate Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMNovember 20, 2015
Great infrastructure, equipped with the latest of technologies. Really friendly colleagues, who are always ready to help. Considerable attention given with personal supervision.
Pros
Friendly and helpful colleagues, state-of-the-art research facilities
Cons
Remote location
great lab
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMNovember 15, 2015
A lot of famous scientists, working hard there. But seldom people know them. Great lab for research and discovery. Los ALamos is a nice town to live

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Alamos National Laboratory. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2