Los Angeles Community College District Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
An excellant career for assisting students.
Assist students (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2016
We are a team of noteworthy, experienced, and professional specialists in the field of student services. Our goals fall into many categories:

Assistance with prerequisite clearances.
Assessment Exams.
Counseling.

All of us are or were students; henceforth, we know firsthand the struggles of being 'newbies'. Our focus is to make the transition from community college to undergraduate (and graduate) school less stressful.
Pros
Working with a great team!
Cons
No cons at present.
An exciting opportunity to work with high-school youth in a community college setting.
Film Instructor - Upward Bound Program (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2016
An excellent program where college geared, underprivileged high school youth have an opportunity to prepare for college life by learning in a community college setting. Most students are serious about their goal to attend college by taking a Saturday morning to attend class. I am impressed with these students commitment and the college's agreement to host the Upward Bound Program.
Pros
College room access.
Cons
Too much building construction occurring and causes too much noise.
Very political atmosphere
UNION MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2016
Very political atmosphere. A lot of wastefulness of tax payers money. My experience with the leadership is that they are very dishonest and corrupt individuals.
Pros
GOOD HEALTH BENEFITS
Cons
NO DISABILITY BENEFITS
The envirement was friendly.
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Valley Glen, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Working under LACCD was a joy. My coworkers are very knowledgeable about the department that they are in. The hardest part of the job was waiting to do something when set up was complete.
Pros
Free food, easy access to parking
Los Angeles Community College District
Receptionist/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2015
When working for the Los Angeles Community District Academic Connections Center you will learn the basic fundamentals of becoming a great receptionist as well as a great tutor. You will work along side some very great staff as well as college professors. You will become determined to help out as much as possible. When asking for tutoring services you will already be there.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Great Pay, Tutoring services for yourself.
Cons
Per Semester only!
Great Place owork
Adjunct Psychology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, CaliforniaOctober 13, 2015
On class days you are providing office hours to assist with student needs. We often do not have daily interaction with co-workers because of the various schedules.
Pros
Pay is great, students are wonderful and the department head and his assistant are a pleasure to work with
Cons
limited advancement and frequent budget cuts
Work with an admirable group of professionals.
Student Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2015
During Semester beginning, atmosphere is very busy assisting with Matriculation issues as well as prerequisite clearances. In addition, we are host to PearsonVue Testing Institute, and assist clients wishing to take specified exams.
Pros
Working on same school campus.
Cons
No Health Benefits
Paying Invoices
EAP/Wellness Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2015
Once the invoice is received we take the extra step to call the vendors and get them paid for the items that we have received from them. We also keep them on record for future business transactions.
Pros
We had our own work space.
Cons
lifting boxes
Flexible and Fun
Score Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, CaJune 4, 2015
This job is very flexible and works around anyone's schedule and can be a great learning experience especially those involved in sports
Being a student worker at trade tech is fun and educational.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoy working in an atmosphere that is so rich in technical knowledge. The machine shop instructors who supervise the student workers are very generous when it comes to instructing the students on new ways of doing things that we can not learn from a text book and will prove valuable later in our careers.
Pros
being a student worker, you have access to a wealth of knowledge
Cons
the monetary compensation is not so great

Want to know more about Los Angeles Community College District?

Ask a question
Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CASeptember 26, 2014
I've been a student worker at L.A. Harbor College for a year. Staff were super friendly, nice, and professional. I am not familiar with personal advancement, but jobs were pretty much secured (unless your a student worker). I enjoyed interacting with new students and great staff.
Pros
study and work at same place
Cons
minimum salary
General aspects
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 20, 2013
This is the dream job anyone would enjoy having, clean and peacefull atmosphere, work on your own pace, highly educated staff members, profesional demeanor required, creative and social skills are a plus. Great pay you don't want to let go to this job.
Pros
limited funds disbursted by federal goverment
Cons
limited job openings.
great!
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2014
• Help students enroll at the college
• Provide student orientations for all programs on campus
• Determine eligibility and enrollment process for students participating in CalWORKs
• Submit supportive services request as needed on a case-by-case basis
• Complete monthly reports and ensure that they are correctly filled out
• Fax and email paperwork to DPSS
• Assist customer service rep with handling phone calls and booking appointments
• Provide customer service
• Answer phone calls and help counselors and case managers with different paperwork
• Schedule different events regarding four different programs
• Create agendas regarding four programs
• Advertise different workshops for healthy living throughout the Community College District
• Reserve locations for all workshops and trainings
• Order supplies for the office
• Order food and beverages for a large number of supervisors undergoing training
• Schedule appointments for my immediate supervisor
Enjoyable work environment with flexible part time hours that work out perfect for a student.
Tutor IV (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 1, 2015
I had the privileged of helping disabled college level students with mapping out their futures. Starting with finding fields of study best suited for their interest. Creating a muti-tiered goal plan with realistic goals. Working in groups or individually to help comprehension of given subjects. Utilizing case files to track individual progress and setting new goals with students. The team of tutors I worked with acted like a finely tuned sports car, everyone firing at the right time to produce the most horse power. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching students finally understand something or seeing a familiar thing in a different light. This also leads to the worst or hardest part of the job, in reality we work ourselves out of a job, The better we are at our job the less the students need us.
Pros
great learning experience, meet many different types of people, great job while in school
Cons
job is dependent on government funding so annual budget problems, must be full time student.
Productive and fun workplace.
Payroll Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2012
Fast pace environment, high volumes of work. co-workers are friendly and fun to work with.
wonderful enviroment
Sign Language Interpreter Specialist I & II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 3, 2012
great job opportunity and experience. Good people wonderful staff
productive and fun workplace with great people
stundent worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2012
was a nice place to work and i would work there again if i could

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Angeles Community College District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6