Los Angeles Community College District Employee Reviews

Collegial atmosphere, good managment team
Performance/Compliance Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2017
learned more about the overall project delivery process, beyond core skill set. No day was typical, challenges every week/month.

Senior leadership was available and hands-on to the right degrees.
Pros
Organization always looking to improve
Cons
None to mention
Great full-time job; horrible part-time experience
PACE Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2017
As a full-time faculty member/program director, my work experience was "great." I directed a transfer program for working adults. During my time as Director, the program was responsible for the transferring of (literally) thousands of working adults to 4-year institutions. I enjoyed mentoring students on the courses to take (for transfer) and on diverse matters related to their personal concerns. I also taught classes in a variety of subjects--U.S. History, Humanities, Critical Thinking, Ethics, and Sociology. I immensely enjoyed teaching the large numbers of students who enrolled in my classes. As a PT-Coordinator and a new group of administrators, my current experience has been less than enjoyable---not because of my performance, but because of the political morass my immediate supervisor found himself in. He retired; the administration wishes to retain me; however, being retired, I am more interested in teaching than in playing politics.
Pros
Relaxed, creative atmopshere.
Cons
Politics and personalitiy clashes.
Helping people reaching for the star
Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2017
Community college gave me the basic skill I needed to make a living and today I am paying back. For job skill, there is no better place to learn from.

I am creating a better learning environment for all and am proud of it.
Constant Work Fast Pace
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 7, 2017
Come to work ready. Don't be late or absent, if you can help it. Call employer in timely manner. Be mindful of everyone. Just come to work and do your job and don't worry about what the next person is doing or not doing.Respect the people you work with. And work as a Team.
Pros
Nice Campus
Cons
Shorthanded
Learning and teaching experience is always fun.
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Valley Glen, CAMay 27, 2017
Great environment to work with students. The whole SSD department of Los Angeles Valley College is very good and active. All of the employees of SSD work very hard to give their best service to their students.
Great Opportunitiesto grow professionally and personally.
Professor of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2017
LACCD has 9 Community colleges.
Faculty are highly respected and regarded.
Salary and benefits are at the top of the pay grade for community colleges for all faculty, admin and staff.
Pros
Lost of Opportunities for advancement and personal growth
Cons
No Cons
Laccd
Custodial Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 10, 2017
I LOVE MY Job , everyday I get to make a difference . I provide a excellent service to the student and staff that are in my work environment . At the end of the day I come to work everyday just to make a difference in someone else's life.
Pros
Great healthcare
Cons
Need more staffing
Work Culture
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2017
Working for the Community College District is wonderful if your passion is teaching others. I really enjoy sharing knowledge and having a responsibility for teaching others.
Pros
Sharing and teaching others
Cons
No Consistencey with work assignments
Great benefits and job security. Terrible advancement and satisfaction
Classified Staff (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 21, 2017
Union protected with a well defined contract. Great benefits including healthcare and pension.
Problem lies in advancement and job satisfaction.
Work and salary are defined by job classification, not ability or performance. Tendency towards lowest common denominator performance and faculty members are very entitled and often rude to staff.
If you are looking for security and can be satisfied with meeting expectation rather than exceeding them, this would be the place for you.
Pros
Healthcare, Pension, Security, Union
Cons
Attitude, Union, lack of growth.
Good
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 9, 2017
Fun Place to work in. Students are funny and learning new things everyday which is very rewarding to be part of their growth and their learning process.
productive
power equipment mehanic (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CAMarch 2, 2017
vary productive and motivation to promote, work is easy to do, lots of people to meet, great insensitive for employees, like ticket discounts, union member, extra retirement plans, holidays off.
More positive than negative.
English/ ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  EASTJanuary 16, 2017
Good salary and overall environment. Poor collegiality, interaction among academic staff.
Adjunct staff are critical to this organization, yet are treated poorly.
Pros
Decent union, regular wage increases.
Cons
Weak benefits for adjuncts/ part-timers
Supportive Work Environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 17, 2016
I worked as a tutor for the computer science program. I was also going to LACC as a computer science tutor so the job really helped my education and gave me real world experience.
An excellant career for assisting students.
Assist students (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2016
We are a team of noteworthy, experienced, and professional specialists in the field of student services. Our goals fall into many categories:

Assistance with prerequisite clearances.
Assessment Exams.
Counseling.

All of us are or were students; henceforth, we know firsthand the struggles of being 'newbies'. Our focus is to make the transition from community college to undergraduate (and graduate) school less stressful.
Pros
Working with a great team!
Cons
No cons at present.
Very political atmosphere
UNION MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2016
Very political atmosphere. A lot of wastefulness of tax payers money. My experience with the leadership is that they are very dishonest and corrupt individuals.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
No disability benefits
An exciting opportunity to work with high-school youth in a community college setting.
Film Instructor - Upward Bound Program (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2016
An excellent program where college geared, underprivileged high school youth have an opportunity to prepare for college life by learning in a community college setting. Most students are serious about their goal to attend college by taking a Saturday morning to attend class. I am impressed with these students commitment and the college's agreement to host the Upward Bound Program.
Pros
College room access.
Cons
Too much building construction occurring and causes too much noise.
The envirement was friendly.
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Valley Glen, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Working under LACCD was a joy. My coworkers are very knowledgeable about the department that they are in. The hardest part of the job was waiting to do something when set up was complete.
Pros
Free food, easy access to parking
Great Place owork
Adjunct Psychology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, CaliforniaOctober 13, 2015
On class days you are providing office hours to assist with student needs. We often do not have daily interaction with co-workers because of the various schedules.
Pros
Pay is great, students are wonderful and the department head and his assistant are a pleasure to work with
Cons
limited advancement and frequent budget cuts
Los Angeles Community College District
Receptionist/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2015
When working for the Los Angeles Community District Academic Connections Center you will learn the basic fundamentals of becoming a great receptionist as well as a great tutor. You will work along side some very great staff as well as college professors. You will become determined to help out as much as possible. When asking for tutoring services you will already be there.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Great Pay, Tutoring services for yourself.
Cons
Per Semester only!
Work with an admirable group of professionals.
Student Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2015
During Semester beginning, atmosphere is very busy assisting with Matriculation issues as well as prerequisite clearances. In addition, we are host to PearsonVue Testing Institute, and assist clients wishing to take specified exams.
Pros
Working on same school campus.
Cons
No Health Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Angeles Community College District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5