Los Angeles Community Hospital Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
work is work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2017
work is work. come in do do x-rays, surgery, fluoroscopy, just like any other hospital setting. exams are mainly done by portable machine.

surgery a couple times a week.
Good place to learn
Medsurg/Tele- Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2017
A typical day at work began at 7pm, workplace environment was busy at times with multiple admissions to Medsurg /Tele floor each night.The hardest part of the job is that MD was not readily available at times at night. One has to to have excellent nursing judgement and critical thinking skills in order to ensure continued patient safe environment and care following Md written protocols. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I learnt something new every day and I met lots of great nursing staff members.
Fast paced workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 8, 2017
It is a very fast paced work environment with much diversity. Must be culturally competent and willing to learn. Hardest part about the job is not enough resources. Best part are coworkers and patients.
High acuity of patients, but good learning enviroment
Registered Nurse, Medical/Surgical (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2016
The patients at Los Angeles Community Hospital are high acuity. However, despite of the acuity of the patients, it is a good learning environment. This is were I start my Nursing and career, and I learned a lot working in this hospital.
Pros
Good learning enviroment
Cons
High acuity of patients
Not much to like about this place
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 12, 2016
A lot of people that work there need to be more educated in their profession. Employees there get away with too many things that wouldn't fly at other hospitals. Only a handful of staff members maintain professionalism.
Acute Care Hospital
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2016
I help patients accomplish treatment plan and support life by administering inhalants; operating mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators. I administer respiratory therapy treatments by performing bronchopulmonary drainage; assisting with breathing exercises; monitoring physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes; directing treatments given by aides, technicians and assistants.
I evaluates effects of respiratory therapy treatment plan by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
A perfect place to obtain experience
CNA (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 9, 2015
A typical PM shift would start by taking vital signs. Coworkers were fun and friendly always willing to help. the hardest part of the job was when the supervisors would float you to a different unit.
Pros
met new patients everyday.
Cons
no free lunches
You Can Learn A Lot Here
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2015
Although LACH does not offer a new-grad program, they do offer a 6-week orientation program. I felt like my orientation was a sub-par. Fortunately, after my completion of my orientation, I'm building my nursing knowledge day-by-day with the help of a great group of colleagues. But things are definitely changing with a recent hire of a nursing educator who is an advocate in making the new-hire orientation more structured. Overall, you will learn A LOT here so I feel that it's worth it to get your experience here before you feel you may want to work somewhere else.
Pros
You will see administration making rounds daily, There are great coworkers who work as a team, You will gain significant nursing skills and knowledge
Cons
Cafeteria hours are limited to breakfast and lunch, Small employee parking lot, It's very busy no matter what unit you work in
Hospital I would not go to or take my close ones
Hospital Sitter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2015
This hospital is definitely a scare due to the inpatient nursing staff and rudeness towards patients when family members are not around or even when patients are limited on communication. The nursing staff definitely needs workshops and ways to assist them in not burning out and being able to balance personal life from professional life.
Very busy hospital, fast pace, lots of oppurtunity to learn other positions, lots of responibility, loved working here.
Admitting Clerk & PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Fast paced, always busy, co-workers always willing to help when very busy. Learned other positions, PBX operator, Willing to help people and getting satisfaction when they were happy.
Great personalities of the various staff that I worked with.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 23, 2014
I learned the basics of nursing here. You don't have all the resources available so you learn how to manage your time. The hardest part of the job is learning how to deal with the type of patients this hospital gets. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with many great nurses that I got to learn from.
Great place to start in acute care nursing
Resource Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2014
On a daily basis I report to the Administrative Supervisor, and/or CNO. Every day is different because I will float to which ever unit needs the most assistance where I can take on the role of charge nurse. I assist in every aspect of nursing. On most days I will audit patient charts to ensure that we are up to DNV standards. I have hundreds of co-workers in which I get along with very well. The hardest part of my job is not knowing where I will be day after day, and the most enjoyable is that I am constantly learning and improving in my career.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Short breaks and constantly on my feet.
Fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2014
Prep on Iv's medication, deliver medications to correct patients room. clean the pharmacy. Type in new medications daily, order medication throughout cardinals when pharmacy is low on stock. Call nurse to verify order. Deliver medication to other sister's hospital. restock pharmacy.
Pros
great discount for employees in the cafeteria
Cons
short on lunch time
pleasant place to work at
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2012
Duties consisted of answering heavy volume phone calls, billing, scheduling appointments, and maintaining a filing system. Made referrals for patients to specialists. Dealt with professionals in the medical field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Angeles Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Los Angeles Community Hospital Reviews by Location