Los Angeles County Office of Education Employee Reviews

Productive on going none stop busy
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Downey, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: long lunches
Cons: healthcare
Typical day at work Call Center Representative
Answer and enroll approximately 100 DPSS participants in to GAIN Class

What i learened from magement how to maintain a positive attidude

Co-workers friendly

The hardest part of my job feeling overwelm

The most enjoyable part of my job able to complete assingments
Fun nurturing enviornment
PARAEDUCATOR (Former Employee), Gardena, CAJune 29, 2015
My days at LACOE were usually good. I had a great time working with the kids and their families. I learned how to be a team player and how to be proactive in a work setting.
Very productive, nice area to work in, comfortable atmosphere
Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Long lunches, nice office view good pay and hardworking environment
Cons: None.
Typical day at this job was checking our commencement hot line for any question or request from parents who student's would be graduating. Going through work basket and complete anything left there from previous day. Making copies, filing, answering calls, working a data base to pull student information. This was my very 1st job so I feel like I've learned a million and one things while there. But mainly I learned how to be Microsoft efficient as well in Word and Excel, and using a data base.
Great Company to work for!
Student worker (Former Employee), Downey, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: working with new devices
Cons: no healthcare, overworked
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I learned new things everyday involving the computer softwares. Management and co workers made it easy and an enjoyable workplace. I loved coming to work everyday.
fun place to work at
Admin (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: temp.
fun place to work at friendly people, i volunteered so it was a good work experience.help build your resume also. Location closes down.
Great company
Temp. Office Worker (Former Employee), Downey, CAMay 29, 2015
Pros: None
Answer phones; took surveys; worked on reports. Management was nice as well as the co-workers. Enjoyed working by myself and also having the supervisor checking to see if you need anything.
A good place for me as a temporary worker, on-call as needed. I do like this.
Temporary Office Worker (TOW), (Current Employee), Downey, CAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Somewhat relaxed atmosphere.
Cons: Too much down time between jobs.
I cannot comment on most of the ratings since a temp. does not receive benefits. I have met some really great people at the county and still have contact with them. I found the jobs I was placed in at the Downey location were very easy to manipulate in. Not much training when asked to jump into a job so I had to be a quick study. I can do that. The commute was awful since it's So. CA. I worked at many of the school sites and really liked that much more. The duties and business there is faster paced.
Very informative
Student Intern (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: connections with Assembly members and Senators
Cons: 2 1/2 hours of commuting per day
I interned for the Los Angeles County Office of Education, Governmental Relations, where I was mentored by the lobbyist responsible for improving the lives of over 2.5 million children. This was a very informative environment where I learned the ins and outs of state government.
GREAT JOB AND LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Downey, CAMarch 13, 2015
REALLY GREAT PLACE TO LEARN AND GROW. ITS A GREAT PLACE TO LEARN NEW AND DIFFRENT WAYS TO REACH OUT TO PEOPLE . AND HELP THEM SUCCEED IN A GREAT CARREER
A lot of interaction with people who are trying to move forward in life
Administrative Asistant (Current Employee), Rancho Dominguez, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: great working environment
Support over 300 people with coordinating job functions and files for their future endeavors. I also provide updated information to any upcoming job events that will be approaching in the future days.
Productive workplace
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: no windows in building
Good place to work. I found the people fairly professional and the work environment OK. I enjoyed the proximity to mass transit and the freeways
Professional atmosphere with great experience skills
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Downey, CAFebruary 11, 2015
A typical day working as a reservations clerk included as follows:
Answering multiple phone lines.
Reserving appointments with participants receiving aid from the county
I learned extra appropriate customer service skills.
The management was good and understanding in all situations
Co workers are competitive.
All in All a great work environment and experience i could never pass up or forget.
Productive and very fun job
Student Worker (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: worked with my high school schedule, very nice pay for a 16 year old, and easy to do
Cons: some workers here were racist, i often felt awkward around the supervisor.
I was a salesman at gamestop my job was to keep the sales floor clean and functional. I love video games so I was very happy with being stationed here.
Busy & Hard Work
Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee), Downey, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Cons: rude & uneducated individuals
The first few years it would be easy going, but then you will have to adjust to everyone you come in contact with due to various work ethics & cultures. You have individuals who need to re-educate themselves on social behavior...basically WHAT NOT TO DO during work. The people that should stay and have a job get let go or transferred to a site they dislike. But the troublemakers stay and make everyone miserable. But if you enjoy your work none of those factors will bog you down...just cautious.
overall good experience
Special educator-Health care assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: educational classes
Cons: short breaks
assist students in class room. Grade student class work, assist in planning field trips and community outings. I learned to prioritized, work as a team and enjoyed helping students accomplish their education.
Its a very challenging job to work in a juvenile probation school.
Substitute Resource Specialist Paraeducator (Current Employee), Commerce, CAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: i am able to assist the students when i can in their academic work.
Cons: very hard working with behavioral and emotional disturbed students, negative enviroment, listening to inapproiate lanuage, negative attitudes, students don't want to do work
My typical day at work is to assist these emotional disturbed students with their daily academic schoolwork. I love my coworkers. We lean on each other for support because of the students and the environment that we work in. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the students who are of mental and emotional state of mind dealing with their behavioral problems. The most enjoyable part of the job is to at least get through to one student at a time that they can succeed in their life. And try to sort out their personal issues so they can function outside and into public society again.
Issues in management negatively affected the job
CDF Servant Leader Intern (Former Employee), Calabasas, CAAugust 16, 2014
I loved working with the boys at the probation camp. It had it's difficulties, but great rewards. The major issue I had with the job was the issue surrounding our payroll. There was constantly an issue with the amount of hours they were willing to pay us for, getting our paychecks on time, and even more issues surrounding money.
Great workplace
Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: supporting staff
Great programs to assist Special need children with their lessons.
Very supportive of children future.
Very inviting, healthy working relationship between staff and other personnell
Office Worker (Temporary) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2014
I learned various programs and materials beneficial to my role. I have been exposed to the different sites and process within Los Angles County Office of Education.
Good work environment
Educational Community Worker (Former Employee), Covina, CAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: employee may be placed anywhere within the county
Every day was different. This is usual for the educational field