Los Angeles County Office of Education

Los Angeles County Office of Education United States Employee Reviews

GREAT JOB AND LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Downey, CAMarch 13, 2015
REALLY GREAT PLACE TO LEARN AND GROW. ITS A GREAT PLACE TO LEARN NEW AND DIFFRENT WAYS TO REACH OUT TO PEOPLE . AND HELP THEM SUCCEED IN A GREAT CARREER
A lot of interaction with people who are trying to move forward in life
Administrative Asistant (Current Employee), Rancho Dominguez, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: great working environment
Support over 300 people with coordinating job functions and files for their future endeavors. I also provide updated information to any upcoming job events that will be approaching in the future days.
Productive workplace
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: no windows in building
Good place to work. I found the people fairly professional and the work environment OK. I enjoyed the proximity to mass transit and the freeways
Professional atmosphere with great experience skills
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Downey, CAFebruary 11, 2015
A typical day working as a reservations clerk included as follows:
Answering multiple phone lines.
Reserving appointments with participants receiving aid from the county
I learned extra appropriate customer service skills.
The management was good and understanding in all situations
Co workers are competitive.
All in All a great work environment and experience i could never pass up or forget.
Productive and very fun job
Student Worker (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: worked with my high school schedule, very nice pay for a 16 year old, and easy to do
Cons: some workers here were racist, i often felt awkward around the supervisor.
I was a salesman at gamestop my job was to keep the sales floor clean and functional. I love video games so I was very happy with being stationed here.
Busy & Hard Work
Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee), Downey, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Cons: rude & uneducated individuals
The first few years it would be easy going, but then you will have to adjust to everyone you come in contact with due to various work ethics & cultures. You have individuals who need to re-educate themselves on social behavior...basically WHAT NOT TO DO during work. The people that should stay and have a job get let go or transferred to a site they dislike. But the troublemakers stay and make everyone miserable. But if you enjoy your work none of those factors will bog you down...just cautious.
overall good experience
Special educator-Health care assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: educational classes
Cons: short breaks
assist students in class room. Grade student class work, assist in planning field trips and community outings. I learned to prioritized, work as a team and enjoyed helping students accomplish their education.
Its a very challenging job to work in a juvenile probation school.
Substitute Resource Specialist Paraeducator (Current Employee), Commerce, CAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: i am able to assist the students when i can in their academic work.
Cons: very hard working with behavioral and emotional disturbed students, negative enviroment, listening to inapproiate lanuage, negative attitudes, students don't want to do work
My typical day at work is to assist these emotional disturbed students with their daily academic schoolwork. I love my coworkers. We lean on each other for support because of the students and the environment that we work in. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the students who are of mental and emotional state of mind dealing with their behavioral problems. The most enjoyable part of the job is to at least get through to one student at a time that they can succeed in their life. And try to sort out their personal issues so they can function outside and into public society again.
Issues in management negatively affected the job
CDF Servant Leader Intern (Former Employee), Calabasas, CAAugust 16, 2014
I loved working with the boys at the probation camp. It had it's difficulties, but great rewards. The major issue I had with the job was the issue surrounding our payroll. There was constantly an issue with the amount of hours they were willing to pay us for, getting our paychecks on time, and even more issues surrounding money.
Great workplace
Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: supporting staff
Great programs to assist Special need children with their lessons.
Very supportive of children future.
Very inviting, healthy working relationship between staff and other personnell
Office Worker (Temporary) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2014
I learned various programs and materials beneficial to my role. I have been exposed to the different sites and process within Los Angles County Office of Education.
Good work environment
Educational Community Worker (Former Employee), Covina, CAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: employee may be placed anywhere within the county
Every day was different. This is usual for the educational field
Great place with great people
PARAEDUCATOR (Current Employee), Downey, CAApril 28, 2014
The Los Angeles County Office of Education is a great place to work. I got to meet a lot of new people, and experience new things while working here. The hardest part about working here was not knowing which site I would be working at everyday, because I was a substitute, I could be place at any of our locations. The most enjoyable part was working with the children. Being able to help the kids and knowing that I was making a difference was a wonderful experience.
productive, learning new skills
Special educator-Health care assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2014
Pros: working with special needs children
Cons: bad management
A hard stressful job, but very rewarding with lots of skills to learn.
But the system has flows like seniority over productivity.
Alternative education system
Foster Youth Services (FYS) Counselor (Former Employee), Downey, CAApril 1, 2014
Pleasant work environment in various settings. Management was very supportive. Co-workers performed in a team effort.
Long Journey with Constant Changes
Coordinator II (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: we are serving students who are the most at risk in their communities.
Cons: compnay has no value for historical background of comapany for future planning.
My jounrey with this company began as a teacher and I am now transtioning as a manager. My typcial day consit of lots of emails for request of detailed information and lots of phone calls to clients and to support staff.

The most difficult part of the job is maintaing a postive outlook when task are in constant flux with no support from administration/managers.

The most enjoyable part of the day is still the interaction with the staff who are some of the most productive workers that I know. They do the job of several people due to severe cutbacks but still manage to smile and laugh.

I have leanred a myrid of things regarding operations and management and how to be flexible while muti-tasking.
Very academic. Challenging opportunities to brainstorm and improve policies for children and families
Disabilities Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: benefits package
Cons: the number of reviews for compliance
A typical day at work is going to meetings to ensure that we are all abreast of changes and/or concerns at the delegate agencies. This was an effective way to target agencies that were having problems, and assist before the problem became to entrenched. Everyone worked in a highly interdisciplinary setting, making sure all colleagues had input. The hardest part of the job was to see agencies struggle to meet compliance, and sometimes not be able to. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting agencies give the much needed support to children and families.
Get to work, get children off the bus walk them into the classroom
Paraeducator (Current Employee), Downey, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: i cant complain great company
I learned that every child can learn. In working with children with disabilities I see that I can make a difference every day
Busy workplace with enjoyable people.
Staff Trainee Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: great work environment and great supervisors.
Cons: low salary
A typical day at work here would start at 8 AM. First task is to take attendance of students and file any paperwork from student files. Job consisted of answering many phone calls and working with many different people such as students' parents and/or probation officers. From time to time I would alternate between classrooms to assist teachers in creating lesson plans for students as well as supervising and grading students assignments, tests, etc. During students lunch, I was required to interact students while supervising to make sure no one was misbehaving. Towards the end of the day, the main focus again was paperwork in the office and filing different types of files. The teachers and office staff here were great people and made working there very enjoyable.
LACOE is an excellent organization to provide psychological services to students who are at tier 3.
School Psychologist (Current Employee), Downey, CANovember 18, 2013
Pros: ability to apply applied behavioral analytic skills in the classroom.
Cons: coordinating the delivery of services can be challenging.
I currently work full time with severely disabled children K-14, helping staff to provide instructional and behavioral services, including psycho-educational evaluations. I work closely with nine teachers and their para-educators across nine classrooms. I work with a wonderful team of administrators and teaching staff. The hardest part of the job is related to stable staffing patterns. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping children achieve significantly important behaviors and academic growth.

There have been opportunities to train staff over the years, and I have enjoyed this type of activity. I have no plans to change my position at LACOE. At this juncture in my career, I am looking forward to teaching, particularly and exclusively in the field of ABA. I received my certificate in ABA from National University and have recently become a BCBA. With the information fresh at hand, I want to pass it on. The university setting would be the perfect place to do that.

1 2 3