Los Angeles County Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and busy
Auditor-Controller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 21, 2016
Los Angeles County was my first job at the age of 17. When I was hired I knew basic office skills. They taught me the importance of being punctual and completing a task when given. Prioritize my job functions and make sure it was accurate.
Great experience
College tutor (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 2, 2016
Going into to this job I was pretty nervous, but I can honestly say I enjoyed it. Helping those kids; i had so much fun.Learned a lot of new skills with the kids.
Awesome Temporary position
Register/ Petetion Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJune 1, 2016
While working at Los Angeles County Register, Norwalk office has not only has given me experience but an outlook on the petitions, and ballots, and the entire voting process.
County life :(
Procurement Assistant 1 (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAMay 23, 2016
Well.....politics, politics, politics...like everywhere else it happens here too. My parent told me if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all :)
Pros
kaiser, thats it!
Cons
old people with no edges that hate cute young people, retirement plan sucks, your forced into one plan they offer
The job was superb, excellent support from administration allowing for independence and supportive staff.
COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2016
I was responsible for review of Utilization Review Plans, Hospital Systems, Staff Technical training for medical necessity criteria for 30 contracted psychiatric hospitals, over 30 clinics, and 300 providers of services to Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health.

The reviews were for technical assistance to meet compliance and in many cases for recoupment. The assistance was ongoing to allow the facilities to meet standards and requirements of State and federal regulations.

I have experience in hands on case management both on site and telephonically, telecommuting.

The job was excellent, however I wish to relocate to northern California.
Pros
Excellent employment and experience, able to function as a team and independently.
Cons
Excessive commute from my home
Interaction one to one with client
Nurse Practitioner CG (Current Employee) –  Bellflower, CAMay 19, 2016
-One in one Interaction with client
-Compassion
-Cooperative and professional
-Work as a team
-See so much need
-One to one interaction
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Long hours no paid overtime
the same
Treasure and Tax Collector - Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2016
I learned customer service values are most important and a typical day is very productive and rewarding. The hardest part of this job was making a complaint against coworkers
Pros
great people
Cons
had to leave
Great
Student Professional Worker (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAApril 17, 2016
Wish I could have stayed longer the Code Enforcement division was the best. The work hours were flexible and also great.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Contract
Finding Their Direction
District Manager, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2016
A growth model, finding their direction and White Space in a competitive segment of the F&B industry. Guided by Passion.
Pros
The Product
Cons
Direction
Share your passions here
Lead Gallery Interpreter, Educator and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2016
This job focused on the development of educational programs that focus on cutting edge research, citizen science initiatives and allows on to combine their passions with the content knowledge about the museum's exhibits. It also required informal interpreting, which included being available to guests for customer service and educational purposes.

The hardest part of the job was consistently being "on", as the job required extended hours being in the public eye.
Interesting experience, Government work
Student Poll Worker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 17, 2016
This job was temporary working the Primary Elections. My shift began early in the morning and ended at 6. Registered people to vote, explained ballots, and organized lots of paperwork to be filed.
Pros
New information about voting, registered to vote
Cons
short breaks
fun and fullfilling
Children Social Worker III (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2016
working with child and families and educating families. a very enjoyable job. I linked family with resources to counseling and housing. also helped transitional youth in to establishing their future. provided counseling
Pros
working with children and family
Cons
short breaks
A secure bureaucratic work environment, with a lot of room for advancement.
Staff Assistant, PSS (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2016
A typical day at work consists of managing the current project/assignment at hand, and working with administration for project component approvals. There is constant communication between the project manager, project team, administration, executive team, and the customer in regards to the current assignment. I have learned to enhance my project management and market research skills while working for the Department of Public Social Services. Management/executive staff tend to have a very traditionalist mindset when it comes to many projects associated with the department. Although constant communication exists, the bureaucratic work culture insists each employee go through the chain of command to obtain project approval. This causes major delay's in project progress, which in turn makes it difficult to assign ideal target dates. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that whatever project you implement in the department, it makes a positive and lasting impact on the citizens of Los Angeles County.
Pros
Room for advancement, job security, health/retirement benefits
Cons
Traditionalist job culture, bureaucratic
Incompatible Management
Legal Office Support/Paralegal Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 29, 2016
outgoing atmosphere with celebration of holidays and variety of food preparation,friendly co-workers, but with poor managerial professionalism, average compensation, very good health care benefits and retirement plans.
typical day at work opening lots of incoming mail, reading, sorting, responding.
managing software and calendars, preparing letters and pleadings.
filing with court system and indexing pleadings and discovery.
busy days Mondays Tuesday and Wednesdays.
I have learned to stay focused and take good notes.
Participated in cooking or bringing in my native dish of foods.
Pros
good benefits and average paid salary.
Cons
poor management
Great County and Many Employment Opportunities
Judicial Clerical Staff (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I didn't work for LA County for long, since my position was a Contract position. I fortunately had a great supervisor in my dept, so it made my experience great, along with my coworkers. I would definitely love another opportunity to work for the Public Defender Office again
Pros
Great supervisor and coworkers
Cons
Intern Position
great oppurtunities
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2016
Very long hours, depending on what is happening and occurred. Great staff, everyone has each others back. Great job opportunities within the department.
Great
Senior Typist Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2016
Great place to work at great enviroment I love working here just the communte is awfull**** I have a grat boss and a great team
Not enjoyable
LIFEGUARD/SWIM INSTRUCTOR/COACH (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2016
Spent most of my time sitting on 30 minute rotations. This job was not for me although it payed well. Would not go back. Young pool managers had favorites.
RF Design and Vendor Management
Senior Communications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 21, 2015
Four (4) day work week.
Excellent direct management.
Learned how to deal with vendors from a Government perspective / Customer.
Long travel time to/from office.
Pros
Four (4) day work week.
Cons
Long travel time to/from office.
Employees are commited to their jobs and care
Interpreter/Translator. Staff/Faculty trainer (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CADecember 14, 2015
It was a learning experience when working for L.A county. Certainly learned a whole lot about bureaucratic policies and procedures and how it affects all county systems in conjunction to serve the public. Learned about audits and how to present to auditors about my department, with the success of passing with flying colors. Was able to switch mind sets about Interpretation and Translation in a hospital wide training of staff and revolving faculty personnel through out my tenure.
Pros
Always a learning enviroment in my field
Cons
Limited freedom for improvement, due to mind sets and policies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Angeles County. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3