Los Angeles County

Los Angeles County Employer Reviews

Working in the county area is very outgoing place where you could enter act with clients and with wht wrokers
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day at work is when I arrive the people that work there welcome you with a great smile and greats you with respect. What I learn in the Los Angeles County was about medical records being patient with the clients and talk to them with respect. My co-worker where to fun to work with because they were treated me with respect and they thought me every single detail about their work. The hardest part was seeing the client that some of them they didn't have any where to live. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-worker all together.
Working for Los Angeles County was an amazing experience.
Student Worker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great work environment, flexible schedule, easy commute
Cons: no benefits, little opportunity for promotion.
A typical day at work would start with scanning incoming mail and distributing the documents throughout the office. I answered the phone and assisted attorneys and petitioners with any questions they had regarding the appeal process. I learned a lot about the County of Los Angeles, the functions of the Board of Supervisors, and what the deadlines were for filing certain documents and appeals in Superior Court.

I could not have asked for better management with the Commission. Everyone in the office worked in sync with each other and or day would go by much faster and more enjoyable. This was important because our day-to-day tasks were always the same so we would keep each other sane.

The hardest part of the job was leaving. It took me a long time to make my decision, but it was time for me to move on and focus on my future.
Challenging but rewarding career .
Retired Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee), CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: a wealth of experiences and friendships .
Cons: the human tragedy and hardship witnessed can be overwhelming at times.
Very rewarding career within a challenging environment . Wide range of experiences that can only make a person grow . Numerous and various opportunities available if desired . Great experience .
Learned management skills.
Pool Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Supervised the facility, the programs, and staff, which included filing reports and having cash handling duties, and creating the work schedules to ensure proper lifeguard coverage was met; also resolved any conflicts between the staff or patrons, as well as acting as the main communicator between the pool staff and the park staff. Made sure the staff and myself, kept up with the department’s level of training, certifications and the facility was up to the Health Codes and maintained inventory of supplies.
I learned a lot
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Downey, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: the lunches
Cons: working with bodily fluids
I learned a lot about medicine, out breaks, billing, shipping and receiving. i learned how to work as a team and how to manage my time wisely.
Great Company
Intermediate Typist Clerk (Current Employee), Sylmar, CADecember 29, 2014
This is a good company to work for. good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good. Great company
Professional and friendly enviroment
Accountant I (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 23, 2014
every day we had to organize the payment so we can pay on time. Every body was very helpful went need.
Busy but OK
Clinic Nurse and Supervisor, Registry nurse (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 17, 2014
A lot of patients but in the end JOBs are done OK, I basically worked as one of the registry nurses and in my time I am the longest able to stay for 4 years, the staff are friendly, good working environment,lots of food, lots of doctors
Great Job
UNIT CLERK (Former Employee), Rancho Dominguez, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: everything was good
Cons: some will dislike you
I Loved working here it was great, I really miss it so much, I mis being able to help other and assistant the workers and answer people questions.wow
Work
Animal Care And Control (Former Employee), Norwalk, CANovember 24, 2014
Pros: great
Great place, great environment, amazing co workers overall and it was unfortunate that it was a temporary position I would definitely consider it a career.
It was a challenge
Customer Service (Former Employee), El Monte, CANovember 13, 2014
Pros: like helping others
Cons: i love doing that
I had different people coming in everyday about question and complaints about there cases. I would have figure out how to solve the situation.
Great Experience
Field Support Technician (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 29, 2014
I really enjoyed my almost nine years at White & Case. I learned a lot there and made a lot of good friends. It was a great experience.
Fast pace environment with massage oevertime
SENIOR TELEPHONE REPAIR OPERATOR (Current Employee), Downey, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: job security. benefits. overtime
Cons: short staff.
My day consist of approximately 50 to 90 calls from Los Angeles County employee who are having phone problems, It is my job to determine who will be dispatched out according to the complain. My unit has been short staff for over 5 years. I work and average of 48 hours a week sue to my section being a 24/7 facility. I have four immediate co-workers and I work well with all my co-workers. My job is very secure and stable and I would recommend this jib to others.
Loved working here!
Chief of Administration (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 29, 2014
They have all the benefits necessary, but vetted County workers are really hard to work with
Productive work place
Shalai Smith, Supervisor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: hours & holidays
Enjoy working with others in a home setting. It makes clients feel loved and warm
Very good place to work.
Accountant I/Accountant II (Former Employee), Commerce, CASeptember 22, 2014
Los Angeles County is a good place to work at. The benefits are great. It's a very laid back atmosphere where as long as you complete your assignments on time, no one bothers you. I had very nice co-workers and management was okay.
self-employment not steady work
MD Medical Management Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not steady work
This is a self-employment position evaluating and organizing private medical practices for business development, implementation of health education programs and employee in-services.
outdoors job. Interactive environment
Process Server (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: fresh air daily
Cons: traffic
Learned the importance of process servers. hardest part of the job, locating client.
Great service and dedication to the community
Student Poll Worker (Former Employee), Whittier, CASeptember 2, 2014
Professional workplace and staff dedicated to serving the community
Recreation Leader
Recreational Leader Rep II (Former Employee), Altadena, CAAugust 11, 2014
Nice part time job but sometimes annoying when park rental go bad.

1 2 3 4