Los Angeles County Employee Reviews

Employed 2005
Independent Rideshare Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2017
The company is in business to get their clients drivers to complete the work, you get little from them as I remember it, they froze everything, no promotions, benefits, were reduced, no raises, don't know if they are better or worse but they serve their clients not the drivers, can be fun work because of the vehicles you get to drive.
Good social skills job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 23, 2017
Door to door sales. Using your social skills to convince others to buy the paper. Hardest part was learning to be comfortable with talking with new people. most enjoyable part was to be competitive to be the best sales rep in the team.
Well stablished
Nurse Manger (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 12, 2017
Only working Registry Here 2 days per week.

Do not have any benefits with this company due to the fact that I am not a county employee.

I do recommend this place as a place to work
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hard to get in
It is a productive workplace, but not a lot of fun.
Intermediate Typist Clerk (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90501January 22, 2017
I worked with and for some awesome MSW's and Ph.D.'s.
A typical day at work was like filing, photocopying, typing reports and correspondences, keeping track of case files in house and to be sent to court or archived.. I learned time management and got free on the job training when ever they need someone to learn something new that would be useful tools to help the MSW, and Ph.D.'s with whatever tasks, and how to get tasks done in a timely manner. We had many pot lucks and a variety of foods from many different cultures. The hardest part of the job was seeing many abused children's. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see these abused children placed by children social workers in loving foster homes that would provide them with the love and care they needed.
Heavy Work load
Veteran Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2016
I currently work in the Department of Social Services, a typical day is rather stressful as, deal with those who have either been displaced from a Job or, those who have become homeless as a result of loosing a position due to their position being sent offshore.

I learned to improve my customer service abilities as a result of being in this position.

my coworkers are hard working caring individuals, who as a result of their position pour their hearts out each day to assist those who are less fortunate.

the most difficult part of the job is not being able to assist those who need help most.

seeing a smile on the faces of those I have been able to assist and see the joy I bring in making their day a bit brighter.
Pros
meeting people from all levels and walks of life
Cons
dealing with those individuals who as a result of life's misfortunes, caring a bad attitude because society has placed them in a tough situation.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Tujunga, CAAugust 29, 2016
My opinion with this company was great. The work environment was very productive and professional. I handled all of my patients were great to work for. I love what I do each day.
Pros
Working with the elderly!
Cons
Would like more hours
LA County Department of Community and senior services
Department of Community and Senior Services (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2016
A great place to work if you value consistency, standard work procedures and a generally relaxed environment. Can be stressful if special projects come through on a deadline. For the most part a rewarding place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not very exciting
Constantly learning and teaching application implementation and operations
INFORMATION SYSTEMS SUPERVISOR I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2016
LA County lack the aptitude in developing a cultural diverse environment. Promotion opportunities are based on nepotism by association. The results of these actions show unqualified personnel in positions above and beyond their initial skill set.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Promotions are selective.
Wonderful employer
Public Defender (Current Employee) –  Los angelesAugust 8, 2016
I've had a great career with the county and have been very happy with all aspects of them as an employer. I would only leave the county for relocation purposes.
L.A. County Sheriffs Dept.
Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  L.A. County Cal.July 21, 2016
Great career. Great people to work with. Moments of extreme excitement. Dealt with all types of people. Handled difficult situations and people. It taught me how to be patient and calm at all times.
Pros
Comraderie
Cons
Being shot at.
Productive and busy
Auditor-Controller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 21, 2016
Los Angeles County was my first job at the age of 17. When I was hired I knew basic office skills. They taught me the importance of being punctual and completing a task when given. Prioritize my job functions and make sure it was accurate.
Great experience
College tutor (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 2, 2016
Going into to this job I was pretty nervous, but I can honestly say I enjoyed it. Helping those kids; i had so much fun.Learned a lot of new skills with the kids.
Awesome Temporary position
Register/ Petetion Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJune 1, 2016
While working at Los Angeles County Register, Norwalk office has not only has given me experience but an outlook on the petitions, and ballots, and the entire voting process.
County life :(
Procurement Assistant 1 (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAMay 23, 2016
Well.....politics, politics, politics...like everywhere else it happens here too. My parent told me if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all :)
Pros
kaiser, thats it!
Cons
old people with no edges that hate cute young people, retirement plan sucks, your forced into one plan they offer
The job was superb, excellent support from administration allowing for independence and supportive staff.
COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2016
I was responsible for review of Utilization Review Plans, Hospital Systems, Staff Technical training for medical necessity criteria for 30 contracted psychiatric hospitals, over 30 clinics, and 300 providers of services to Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health.

The reviews were for technical assistance to meet compliance and in many cases for recoupment. The assistance was ongoing to allow the facilities to meet standards and requirements of State and federal regulations.

I have experience in hands on case management both on site and telephonically, telecommuting.

The job was excellent, however I wish to relocate to northern California.
Pros
Excellent employment and experience, able to function as a team and independently.
Cons
Excessive commute from my home
Interaction one to one with client
Nurse Practitioner CG (Current Employee) –  Bellflower, CAMay 19, 2016
-One in one Interaction with client
-Compassion
-Cooperative and professional
-Work as a team
-See so much need
-One to one interaction
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Long hours no paid overtime
the same
Treasure and Tax Collector - Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2016
I learned customer service values are most important and a typical day is very productive and rewarding. The hardest part of this job was making a complaint against coworkers
Pros
great people
Cons
had to leave
Great
Student Professional Worker (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAApril 17, 2016
Wish I could have stayed longer the Code Enforcement division was the best. The work hours were flexible and also great.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Contract
Finding Their Direction
District Manager, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2016
A growth model, finding their direction and White Space in a competitive segment of the F&B industry. Guided by Passion.
Pros
The Product
Cons
Direction
Share your passions here
Lead Gallery Interpreter, Educator and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2016
This job focused on the development of educational programs that focus on cutting edge research, citizen science initiatives and allows on to combine their passions with the content knowledge about the museum's exhibits. It also required informal interpreting, which included being available to guests for customer service and educational purposes.

The hardest part of the job was consistently being "on", as the job required extended hours being in the public eye.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Angeles County. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2