Los Angeles County

Los Angeles County United States Employee Reviews

Fast pace environment with massage oevertime
SENIOR TELEPHONE REPAIR OPERATOR (Current Employee), Downey, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: job security. benefits. overtime
Cons: short staff.
My day consist of approximately 50 to 90 calls from Los Angeles County employee who are having phone problems, It is my job to determine who will be dispatched out according to the complain. My unit has been short staff for over 5 years. I work and average of 48 hours a week sue to my section being a 24/7 facility. I have four immediate co-workers and I work well with all my co-workers. My job is very secure and stable and I would recommend this jib to others.
Loved working here!
Chief of Administration (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 29, 2014
They have all the benefits necessary, but vetted County workers are really hard to work with
Productive work place
Shalai Smith, Supervisor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: hours & holidays
Enjoy working with others in a home setting. It makes clients feel loved and warm
Very good place to work.
Accountant I/Accountant II (Former Employee), Commerce, CASeptember 22, 2014
Los Angeles County is a good place to work at. The benefits are great. It's a very laid back atmosphere where as long as you complete your assignments on time, no one bothers you. I had very nice co-workers and management was okay.
self-employment not steady work
MD Medical Management Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not steady work
This is a self-employment position evaluating and organizing private medical practices for business development, implementation of health education programs and employee in-services.
outdoors job. Interactive environment
Process Server (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: fresh air daily
Cons: traffic
Learned the importance of process servers. hardest part of the job, locating client.
Great service and dedication to the community
Student Poll Worker (Former Employee), Whittier, CASeptember 2, 2014
Professional workplace and staff dedicated to serving the community
Recreation Leader
Recreational Leader Rep II (Former Employee), Altadena, CAAugust 11, 2014
Nice part time job but sometimes annoying when park rental go bad.
The Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health is tasked to serve the most chronically, persistently mentally ill persons in the Country.
Medical Case Worker II / Housing Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: management, leadership and morale is poor
Working for Full Service Partnership (FSP) SKID ROW, Department of Mental Health in Los Angeles County is a difficult job. The work days are highly stressful and thankless. What I've learned from working in this position is no matter had hard one works, nothing truly gets accomplished because of culture of service delivery. Poor behaviors and low functionality of the patients serviced are enabled and perpetuated for the appearance of high productivity numbers and immediate outcomes. When in fact, the percentage of persons actually benefiting from the MHSA funded services is quite low. Approximately 5% if that. My co-workers are efficient hard workers for the most part, each of them suffering from some mental impairment or disorder of their own which impacts the ability to service the patients of the County. The hardest part of the job is encountering the SKID ROW residents/patients who are usually malodorous, sometimes infected with bugs and parasites and are actively psychotic. A difficult close second hard part is dealing with temperamental and biased management staff. The most enjoyable part of the job has been being party to the mental health recovery successes of the 5% or so who have been able to overcome the many barriers of having mental illness and being chronically homeless.
Independent Public Relations
HOB Public Relations (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2014
I currently run a freelance public relations business where I work with clients and company on their personal brand. A typical scenario is I do a professional communications consultation,identify the strengths and weaknesses of the company's communication development in order to identify why service is best for the growth of the company. Afterward, I draw a letter proposal identifying the services best for the business needs. My position consists of active engagement, professional writing, and distribution of information.
Cool place to work
Fingerprint Clerk/ Grow Intake Worker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: service
Cons: down size
Cool place to work was able to zone in on customer service skills and loved helping people in need.
Good place to learn office skills
Los Angeles County Student Worker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2014
Good place to learn and network with other people from different cultures.
Great place to work!
Claims Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Alhambra, CAJune 17, 2014
I've had a great time working for LA County as a contracted employee. Hope to get hired on permanently!
Typical Working Environment
CIVIL ENGINEERING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Alhambra, CAJune 14, 2014
Pros: two breaks per working day.
Cons: no social security tax deducted from my paycheck
-Reviewed the calculations, plans, and specifications for the Bridge Retrofit Projects submitted by the consultants.
BEST JOB EVER
Professional Student Worker I (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: i actually have to leave my house and drive there.
I come in and do my thing and leave no static no hard time no pressure.
I went for the experience LAC/USC stole my heart
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2014
Pros: ongoing research 'to improve the human condition'
Cons: too much' red -tape'
I initially went to get my 2 years experience and was just going to 'GO',,,,but the patient's there and the culture there stole my heart and I ended up staying a total of 14 years. I learned the importance of....well, Leadership: and how to deligate, be a team, and give credit where credit is due-->GOD. The hardest part of the job is being patient and dealing with all the 'Red-Tape'. The best and most enjoyable part of the job is 'Cutting-through-the-Red-Tape' ;) and seeing the smile on a patients face after getting something done for them, like a major clinic appointment or a prescription or some supplies that they just really needed. I really incoorperated the philosophy and carry with me in my heart: 'to improve the human condition'.
Fun Environment
Parks And Recreation Leader (Former Employee), Lake Los Angeles, CAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: short lunch, need more hours
Very fun environment and great co workers. Most enjoyable part was working with the children. Hardest part was keeping your schedual the same.
Always enjoy going to work each day.
Intermediate Typist Clerk (Current Employee), Norwalk, CAMarch 18, 2014
Typical work day is entering data into the Company's system. I have learned how very important it is to completely accurate. Because my job entails entering information from real property documents into the system.
we have the best teamwork,everybody pitch in and support each other.the providers are cool, professional and very knowledgeable.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: they celebrate staff wth all kinds of freebies.
Cons: i hate to turn away pts because they dont qualify to this or that type of insurance.
has a multicultural mix of staff and clients,it s a fun place to work.i learn new things everyday.The staff are freindly and the supervisors are approachable and easy to talk to .
Productive and Creative
Freelance Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: no healthcare benefits
Freelance hair stylist/ make-up artist. Traveling within Los Angeles county. Flexible scheduling, building relationship. Making people feel beautiful and free.

Los Angeles County Salaries