Los Angeles County

Los Angeles County Employer Reviews

Great work environment.
Student Worker (Current Employee), Alhambra, CAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: we work ten hour shifts monday through thursday.
Cons: i hold a temporary position.
Processing invoices throughout the day and working with the follow up staff to solve invoice issues and all matters pertaining to processing for payment. Contacting vendors and other divisions for important payment information. Scanning, faxing, printing, logging, and filing all related documents as necessary. All my co-workers are extremely helpful – more... and cooperative. Everyone shows great team effort and professional work etiquette. – less
great work environment
Councilwoman Jan Perry (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2013
Positive and motivated workers. There was no hard part to this job. As long as you completed your tasks, everything ran smoothly.
Helped me learn new things and further my skills.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: most days were slow
A typical day on the job included car washing,drying,vaccuming, and to detail the inside of cars .Restroom services such as clean toilets, sinks, empty trash, mirrors, and mop. Clean hallways, offices, restrooms,spills, etc...
Very nice and inviting staf.
Provider /Caregiver (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: i love the pikniks.
Cons: it is far away from my house.
I am proud to work whit eldery piople who need my help.The company provides benefits. Regularly maks pikniks which is very helpful to meet whit our coworkers and mangements.
Repetitive Direct contact with general public
Eligibility Worker II (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: job security, benefits
Cons: working with hostile people, low morale, poor management
Basically, management its all over the place and its each man for there own. Each district office has its own set of jurisdiction. The mission is to Enrich the lives of the public and employees come secondary. This job is extremely secure if you are full-time and have completed your probation period. Morale is pretty low but as long as you are knowledgable – more... about your program and do your work, your typical day at work will usually be fair. – less
Provide case management, referrals, treatment options, as needed.
Social Worker (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: helping when needed.
Cons: too many demands and pressure, with too little time to do it all.
Provide case management and services, as needed, including crisis intervention, placement, and treatment options according to needs of the children and families. The need to travel to child's placement or residence, for assessment of needs, varied, according to client status. I learned to multi-task, write court reports, report to management regarding – more... client concerns and health needs. Co-workers busy but supportive. Management presented needed tasks and deadlines, with constant demands. Working with the clients to help with needs usually the most rewarding part of the job. – less
Productive work place
Poll Worker/ Street Index Clerk (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAJuly 20, 2013
Part of the day were very busy that it was essential tog et voters through the process quickly.

I learned about the stations that voters must go through by being a poll worker, street index clerk.

My co-workers for the day were interesting, communicational, kind, & caring.

The hardest part was trying to get a lot of people to the actual voting act – more... when there was a long line.

The most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers & most importantly being humble towards voters. – less
great working with the community
Poll Worker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 30, 2013
I had gained a lot of great help and meetin new people I had a great time even through I was there from 7am-9pm during the polling.
Ok work place
Eligibility Worker II (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2013
Pros: room to grow
Cons: long drive
I wish it paid a bit more, and it was a bit more challenging. People are mostly nice and it could be a very good stepping stone.
Office of Public Safety merged with Los Angeles County Sheriff in 2010
Police Lieutenant-Retired (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2013
Pros: training provided
Cons: problems with establishing strong executive management teams historically
It was a great place to work...there was many opportunities for advancement and our officers were some of the best trained police officers in the State of California.
A Day In The Life Of A County Employee
Custodian work in County facilities (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2013
Interacted with co-workers facilitating team work and positive team morale. Communicated with management daily. The most important learning experience was how to work with and as a team player.
Great Job Security, Really Poor Management, Average Compensation
PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: security, wages
Cons: lack of promotional ability, depressing workplace, no ethical management
Appalling work ethic by employees compounded by inexperienced and dysfunctional management make this work jungle to be avoided by all but the most desperate souls.
typical day at work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 29, 2013
i enjoy working there help people is the most important . i work in team nurses are very good and profesional
fun workplace
sales associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: evereryone is very kind and helpful
A great place to learn a lot. A very busy place that teaches you how to multi task. YOu have to be very quick and always give great customer service.
A rewarding place to work
Intermediate Typist Clerk (Former Employee), Lancaster, CADecember 13, 2012
I worked for LA county for 10 years. Working in the public assistance industry was very trying and rewarding at the same time. I dearly enjoyed helping people. It was of course stressful at times, you cannot please everyone. Some of my social workers were there just for a check and really lost the "human element" while others strived to constantly stay – more... on top of things.

I do miss working there. – less
fun workplace with a pool table .
Youth Worker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2012
working with children was a great experience , most of them cooperated well with me . my co workers were also fun to work with .
Productive and strives on customer satisfaction.
Clerk, NC (Current Employee), Norwalk, CAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: work hours
Cons: temporary
A typical day on the job as a Clerk NC for Los Angeles County would include, arriving at work before start time which is 8 am. Preparing for the work day by turning on computer and preparing to make phone calls to registered voters and ask if they may be interested in working as a pollworker and giving a brief description on the job and requirements. – more... What I have learned from this job is, how to work with different personalities of both my co-workers and customers over the phone. The management of this company is helpful in answering any questions I had. My co-workers were very diverse and friendly. The hardest part of this job is the fact that I am only a temporary employee who works during election time. Therefore, I am laid off after every election and called back when needed. I would need more stability. The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking to the customers and assisting them as much as possible. Customer service is something I truly enjoy. – less
productive and professional
Medical Case Worker II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 20, 2012
Pros: mileage, retirement and benefit payments are awesome
Cons: hiring freezes
Los Angeles County is a professional place to work for. One learns from other co-workers, there is team work completed, note writting and one learns many aspects of the job regardless of the position one holds. One enjoys working for the county since there is a lot of work and the knowledge one gains is enormous.
Public Servant
Eligibility Worker I (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2012
Pros: every holiday off
Cons: short breaks
Allow for humantarian attributes to be utilizes. Provide a lot of humility on the part of the employee to be successful in his/her position.
Helping the city rock the vote.
Department of Registrar Recorder (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAJuly 25, 2012
This was a fun job, where you drive around and find polling places for future elections. This job could have a lot of hours, but work is worth while.