Los Angeles Jewish Home Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great cause. Old school corporate hierarchy.
Digital Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CAApril 7, 2017
The Los Angeles Jewish Home was established over 100 years ago, and has grown to be one of the leading senior care providers in the San Fernando Valley. It's also an institution in LA-area Jewish fundraising. However, their management organizational structure is very much an old-school corporate hierarchy. So unless you're being hired into a leadership-level position, you'll likely have a very limited scope of work, and will have a number of bosses to answer to.
Good place to work but very underpaid.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reseda, CAMarch 29, 2017
Overall a good place to work, although there exist many negatives in the work environment. This employer is severely understaffed there are never enough people to work in all the shifts in many of the positions there. This results in a big decrease of the quality of work that is produced since the job still has to be done but with less people. The upside being that there are unlimited overtime hours that can be worked. Another negative is the pay, I am aware that compared to other nursing homes that have a large patient to staff (CNA/LVN/RN) ratio the Jewish Home's ratio is much smaller but the pay is really abysmal. The stress and drama that occur and is passed down from management all the way down is ridiculous. But the benefits are good, you always have the ability to advance, they help with schooling, the hours are very flexible, and you can work as much as you are able to make this a good place to work as long as you can keep your cool at all times.
Great Place to work
PRIVATE CAREGIVER/CNA (Current Employee) –  Reseda, CANovember 29, 2016
Very clean facility.
Great place to work.
Friendly staff willing to teach.
There is room for growth with in the company.
Management teams is also great to work with.
The only rewarding thing about the Jewsih Home is the residents and family members
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Eisenberg VillageAugust 3, 2016
Management is the worst they have favorites they discriminate and hide the harassment they protect who they like.
the HR dept. is an organization of its own they look out for who they like.
Five star service dinning room at a retirement Jewish home
Dietary Aide at Fountainview (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2016
I've being working at the Jewish Home since August 2013, I understand that this is a part time job and is being completed my cycle due to the completion of my studies. As for my performance, my supervisor had no complaints whatsoever, on the contrary, I have earned the trust and acceptance of the team; and as for residents for whom I work for, I found a very good attitude to them for my work and they can give the best references of my performance.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner
Cons
Low attention from the supervisors department
Good place for senior citizens to live and be active.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2015
Wonderful place work in a relaxed setting. My supervisors and co-workers were some of the nicest and most helpful people I ever had the pleasure to work with. Most of the residents were friendly and appreciative of the service that was provided to them.
rewarding positive enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reseda, CAMarch 7, 2015
the Los Angeles Jewish home has a great work environment surrounded by team work. I learned every patient is different and that care has to be extensive. The hardest part about be a nursing assistant or a nurse there is the opportunity for growth. the most enjoyable part is helping and putting a smile on my patient face.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Angeles Jewish Home. Our community is ready to answer.

Los Angeles Jewish Home Reviews by Location