Los Angeles Newspaper Group Employee Reviews

Not a very good company to work for
Multimedia Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 29, 2013
I quit after 4 months because I felt that they put their best interest forward and not the client. They wanted the reps to ram digital advertising down our clients throats even if it was not beneficial to the client. Their parent company is Digital First Media and the name says it all. They also wanted us to certify on their digital products. This involved taking 10 modules that you had to watch a 1 hour video, take a test and pass it then re-take the test and pass it again, then do a roll play and after that you needed to sell the product to a customer to certify. After that was complete you would have to start the process all over again with the next module. There were also about 5 mandatory meetings a week which took time away from selling. Lastly the compensation package is as follows. $30,000.00 base plus 6% commission on print and I think 10-12% on digital. It is very hard to make a living there. I think it is poorly managed and working there is like working in a morgue. People do not keep to their own business either. There is always someone who is sticking their nose into your business. I couldn't wait to leave.
Pros
I cant think of any
Cons
Compensation package, management, working enviroment.
Productive and very busy
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2015
When I arrived at work I would go on the computer to check messages and go over orders for the day. We always had differnet types of training in the digital field. We didn't have a manager because they didn't rehire once she left. We had to answer to the VP when he was there. Worked well with all co-workers, we were like family. The hardest part of my job was knowing if I had a job because there was always a budget cut. I always enjoyed working because I am a people person.
Pros
There would be Free lunch around Christmas
Cons
I had health care;401;
Data Entry Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2013
Company was a great place to work. great and friendly work environment. Only thing is that newspapers were going out of business due to internet taking over. There was no Job Security
Productive work place.
Lead Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CASeptember 25, 2013
Typical day at work is dealing with customer issues via telephone and email. Most enjoyable part of the job is the amazing and hard working co-workers.
Pros
Clean work environment.
Cons
Work on holidays.

2.6