Los Angeles Pierce College Employee Reviews

Steer Clear of Here
Instructor of music theater and opera workshop (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2015
Terrible attitude. Civil service mentality. Everyone thinks they should get paid to do nothing and that everyone else is a threat.
Pros
Cons
Lethargic at best. Vindictive at worst
as a student worker and a student finishing my AA degree, Los Angeles taught me the skills then I applied what learned
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJune 4, 2011
I still remember my friendly teachers demeanor. They were extremely helpful teaching me the skills for the computer world beyond the classroom. The computer lab is where students do their hands on computer lab assignments as homework. I assisted the students when they had questions about the software applications assignments. I help them move forward with their projects. Appyling the skills learned from College makes me more efficient and more reliable to do multi tasks in an office environment.
Pros
efficient
Productive and fun working place
Career Guidance Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 11, 2013
I worked at the admissions office, which I have to help student with any kind of issues with their school records. I have learn to process applications, reviewing and helping students with their residency issues (both federal and state), help them in ordering transcripts and verification's, and assist them with any information is regards to clearing prerequisites and graduation. Since this is based on providing customer service to student, I have managed my time in assisting them with any questions they have. It provides great pleasure to see the students being happy and is satisfied with the information they have received.
excellent place
Lifeguard and swim instructor (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 8, 2013
I have a great experimy filled.
The management was so professional.
The hardest part of job is when you work a lot and people don`t tip you as much as you think you desire.
More politics than Washington
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 27, 2012
It seems that the only way to advance is to be very close to someone who can help make it happen. The amount of education and experience does not seem to play a role in job security or advancement if one does not know how to play their political games. By far most employees put in at most 25% of work on any given day; take extended breaks; etc. Of course, because of the Union protection, one would have to commit a major crime to be fired. The campus itself is absolutely filthy. The rooms are never cleaned unless requested to do so - and even then, done very poorly. Curruption is rampid on campus, as there is not much accountability. Job interviews are mostly rigged - they usually already have a candidate selected; but in order to comply with hiring regulations, they do go through the routine and invite poor, unsuspecting people in for interviews. Here's an example: An English professor who happens to also be the department chair walks into class on the first day of each semester, telling the class not to rely on her spelling; as she has very poor spelling skills. That's right. This is an English professor and the department chair of the English department!!
great work area
Chemistry Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 20, 2013
As i love chemistry, i enjoyed working in the chemistry lab environment.
Fantastic Experience
Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 18, 2014
Great counselors to work with as are the students. Nice work/life balance.

Los Angeles Pierce College Reviews by Location