Los Angeles Police Department Employee Review

View all Los Angeles Police Department reviews

Receive and Dispatch 9-1-1 calls requesting Police responses to appropriate area police units.
Police Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2014
The typical day starts with a department briefing to update dispatchers on any emergencies, updates, new guidelines and to ensure proper staffing of all dispatch bureaus for officer and public safety. Through my experience I learned to interview and obtain information pertinent to the responding officer and public safety. The rapport with my co-workers was very good as everyone worked for the same goal and that was public and officer safety. The hardest part of the job was having to change shifts every 6 months. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to choose the my off-days.
Pros
Working with the public and police
Cons
Rotating shifts

Other Los Angeles Police Department Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2017
Great place to get volunteer experience. Very flexible with schedule. People there are great to interact with. A great place to learn a lot. Community involvement was great.
Los Angeles Police Department is number one in the Country
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 22, 2017
If you are interested in Law Enforcement and live in the Los Angeles area this is the Agency to choose. There is always room for advancement, paid training and school reimbursement.
Pros
Protecting and Serving the Public. Always something new daily.
Cons
Stressful, long hours.