Los Angeles Police Department Employee Reviews

Execellent opportunity to be a public servand and to serve the public. Giving back to the community.
Police Sergeant (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAFebruary 5, 2017
This job was the greatest job in my opinion. I was able to meet so many different people from the different walks of life.with their cultures..It was exciting to being able to help people period!
Pros
The most obvious is that it was good benefits and it pays well to support your family.
Cons
The cons is that it's a very dangerous job!
Typical Law Enforcement Agency
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Flexible hours, advacent oppurtunities, ability to change divisions frequently, good pay, great benefits and an exciting career. The Los Angeles Police Department will test your limits and mold you into a hard working, self sufficent, caring, responsible member of your community.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible shifts and locations
Cons
Some promotions are based on who you know and not what you know.
Great Job
Community Police Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Everyday was different. Different tasks in a fast paced environment. Co workers are more like extended family. Found every reason to celebrate birthdays, holidays, retirements or promotions. However, always look for continuous ways to improve on their work ethics and skills.
Very busy place to work
Police Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2017
I am a retired Police Dispatcher. I have also worked in a detective division of the Los Angeles Police Department. I mainly did data entry and vehicle releases.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Switching shifts with short notice.
awesome place to work at
Police Officer II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 13, 2016
• Held full accountability for daily performance of 68-person team.
• Directed and trained numerous cross-functional staff members on maintaining, tracking, tactical convoy movements equipped with various types of weapons and operational equipment and systems.

• Planned and controlled safety of staff and ensured full compliance with regulations and organizational standards.
• Collaborated with team leaders on operational strategies and plans, ensuring success of defined tasks and projects.
• Led troubleshooting and resolution of emerging issues and to continually improve performance.
• Implemented and directed tactical convoy procedures during combat operations in Iraq.
• Directed and led security convoy measures during hostile combat operations in Iraq.
• Continuously planned and controlled common safety practices and procedures during convoy missions.
• Coordinated, managed and monitored the workings of various functional combat teams.
• Improved company policies in support of organizational goals. Formulated and implemented departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output.
• Liaison with top leaders and commanders while providing and developing strategic plans for daily operational activities and operational plans.
One of the best large-size law enforcement agency
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 7, 2016
The department is one of the largest law enforcement agencies in the U.S. There are myriad number of jobs and assignments available to its officers. You can literally change your assignment every several years and never do the same thing twice. The department also offers some of the best training in the country and is instrumental in developing the latest crime-fighting techniques and technology.
Definintely an enjoyable career
Police Officer II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 12, 2016
The best Job I have ever had and to this day I continue to miss and love being a police officer. Helping and assisting the community and patrolling the streets of Los Angeles was an honor and my sanctuary.
Pros
Team building and career advancement was a revolving window.
Cons
dealing with citizens that were anti-cop
Police
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 8, 2016
Being a Police officer is hard work. It is a great job and a rewarding career. Great benefits and the pay is well. Good people but you deal with some bad stuff.
Pros
multiple days off and only work 13 days out of the month
Cons
deal with bad people
Good Career
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2016
loved making a difference in my community. Overall the individuals that work hard, day and night despite the circumstances around the nation.
Pros
great place to work with colleagues
Cons
politics
Excellent opportunity to locate employment
Senior Detective (Former Employee) –  Homicide DivisionMay 16, 2016
Provides and opportunity to state the experience, skills and education which qualifies one to be considered for employment opportunities.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons

Want to know more about Los Angeles Police Department?

Ask a question
Increase productivity while ensuring accountability
Management Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2016
Most of the projects I worked on (about 85%), I created them to improve process and increase management responsibility and accountability. Assisted the executive management in its efforts to achieve Departmnet's goals and mission.
Police Academy
Recruit Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2016
I was in the academy for about 4 months. I had good instructors but I did well but I felt it was not for me. This job is not for everyone but I'm glad I was able to experience it and see if I was fit for this job.
Volunteering at the Los Angeles Police Department was an amazing experience and learned a lot while volunteering.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2016
I volunteer for the Los Angeles Police Department for about ten weeks and at the end we earned a certificate of completion.
Great Career
POLICE OFFICER III (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesNovember 26, 2015
Conduct K9 searches for outstanding felony suspects. Train department personnel on tactics. Crisis negotiator. K9 Trainer, agitator. Conduct investigations for all crimes.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but it was expected of a big department. Management and all training officers were always ready to assist. Always giving advice and great training.
Pros
Great benefits, great people
Cons
Nothing, all was great
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2015
Los Angeles police department is the best law enforcement agency in the world. as a police officer for 20 years with LAPD, I had opportunity to serve and protect one of the greatest community in the nation.
Fun and safe workplace.
Clerk Typist- Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 21, 2015
My days at the police department are very enjoyable. My superiors are great, and everyone is hardworking. There are definitely highs-and-lows at my job, but the highs outweigh the lows indefinitely.
Pros
Many exciting stories you hear regarding police officers on patrol.
Cons
The day seems as if it has more than twenty-four hours.
The LAPD Cadet Program tests every individual who joins only to improve on the well being of him or her.
Cadet (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2015
I consider joining this program one of the best choices of my life because it opened up my eyes to the society that I live in and matured me to not waste time but instead have fun doing meaningful things. This program is not for everybody personality wise, but its great for the people who volunteer.
policing the city
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2015
To protect and serve is the job.Respond to calls,make arrests,testify in court cases.Work with citizens to make the city a better place than before
Pros
great team work, great pay
Cons
sleepless nights
A great place to learn about the criminal justice field.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Pedro, CAJanuary 5, 2015
I had no idea what I was going into when I got this internship, but shortly realized that I was going to learn far more than I expected to learn. I like the type of work I do, and the people I work with so far. Although on officer hit on me, and that I did not appreciate. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is dealing with the public. You get all kinds of people coming in and wanting to ask you almost ridiculous questions, at least that seem ridiculous to you, but to them it is a normal question. The most enjoyable part is the same thing helping the public. When you are able to help someone make a report about their missing person, or their theft it gives them a peace of mind knowing that someone is doing something, and I am glad to be that someone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Angeles Police Department. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6