Los Angeles Police Department Employee Reviews in United States

Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but it was expected of a big department. Management and all training officers were always ready to assist. Always giving advice and great training.
Pros
Great benefits, great people
Cons
Nothing, all was great
Definintely an enjoyable career
Police Officer II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 12, 2016
The best Job I have ever had and to this day I continue to miss and love being a police officer. Helping and assisting the community and patrolling the streets of Los Angeles was an honor and my sanctuary.
Pros
Team building and career advancement was a revolving window.
Cons
dealing with citizens that were anti-cop
Increase productivity while ensuring accountability
Management Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2016
Most of the projects I worked on (about 85%), I created them to improve process and increase management responsibility and accountability. Assisted the executive management in its efforts to achieve Departmnet's goals and mission.
Police
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 8, 2016
Being a Police officer is hard work. It is a great job and a rewarding career. Great benefits and the pay is well. Good people but you deal with some bad stuff.
Pros
multiple days off and only work 13 days out of the month
Cons
deal with bad people
Excellent opportunity to locate employment
Senior Detective (Former Employee) –  Homicide DivisionMay 16, 2016
Provides and opportunity to state the experience, skills and education which qualifies one to be considered for employment opportunities.
Pros
Opportunity
Good Career
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2016
loved making a difference in my community. Overall the individuals that work hard, day and night despite the circumstances around the nation.
Pros
great place to work with colleagues
Cons
politics
Police Academy
Recruit Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2016
I was in the academy for about 4 months. I had good instructors but I did well but I felt it was not for me. This job is not for everyone but I'm glad I was able to experience it and see if I was fit for this job.
Volunteering at the Los Angeles Police Department was an amazing experience and learned a lot while volunteering.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2016
I volunteer for the Los Angeles Police Department for about ten weeks and at the end we earned a certificate of completion.
Comfortable and friendly work place
Police Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2013
I take emergency calls, refer for medical emergencies, provide resources for various city entities and generate alarm calls. I've learned to remain calm in emergencies, when working with police officers in the field. Co-workers are kind and supportive. The hardest part of the job is making sure that emergency calls are handled in a expeditious fashion, while remaining calm!
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
being connected to a console with a headset on all shift
Great Career
POLICE OFFICER III (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesNovember 26, 2015
Conduct K9 searches for outstanding felony suspects. Train department personnel on tactics. Crisis negotiator. K9 Trainer, agitator. Conduct investigations for all crimes.
Great job for a good ole boy
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 2, 2014
I loved the job for the most part but when you tick someone off you find out just how ruthless this department can be. they act first and ask questions later. the employee is always wrong especially if you are a minority.
Pros
great job and benefits
Cons
good ole boys club
The LAPD Cadet Program tests every individual who joins only to improve on the well being of him or her.
Cadet (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2015
I consider joining this program one of the best choices of my life because it opened up my eyes to the society that I live in and matured me to not waste time but instead have fun doing meaningful things. This program is not for everybody personality wise, but its great for the people who volunteer.
Fun and safe workplace.
Clerk Typist- Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 21, 2015
My days at the police department are very enjoyable. My superiors are great, and everyone is hardworking. There are definitely highs-and-lows at my job, but the highs outweigh the lows indefinitely.
Pros
Many exciting stories you hear regarding police officers on patrol.
Cons
The day seems as if it has more than twenty-four hours.
Excellent Benefits and Job Security
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2014
Fast-paced, demanding job. But worth the effort. Excellent Benefits and Job security
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2015
Los Angeles police department is the best law enforcement agency in the world. as a police officer for 20 years with LAPD, I had opportunity to serve and protect one of the greatest community in the nation.
Police Recruit (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2012
It is intense but rewarding if you complete the Academy. There are multiple opportunities available to one once your done with probation.
Pros
health benefits, work hours, retirement.
Pleasant call center environment
Police Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2013
THE best job Ive ever had, hands down. Great benefits, salary and working environment.
A great place to learn about the criminal justice field.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Pedro, CAJanuary 5, 2015
I had no idea what I was going into when I got this internship, but shortly realized that I was going to learn far more than I expected to learn. I like the type of work I do, and the people I work with so far. Although on officer hit on me, and that I did not appreciate. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is dealing with the public. You get all kinds of people coming in and wanting to ask you almost ridiculous questions, at least that seem ridiculous to you, but to them it is a normal question. The most enjoyable part is the same thing helping the public. When you are able to help someone make a report about their missing person, or their theft it gives them a peace of mind knowing that someone is doing something, and I am glad to be that someone.
policing the city
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2015
To protect and serve is the job.Respond to calls,make arrests,testify in court cases.Work with citizens to make the city a better place than before
Pros
great team work, great pay
Cons
sleepless nights
Receive and Dispatch 9-1-1 calls requesting Police responses to appropriate area police units.
Police Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2014
The typical day starts with a department briefing to update dispatchers on any emergencies, updates, new guidelines and to ensure proper staffing of all dispatch bureaus for officer and public safety. Through my experience I learned to interview and obtain information pertinent to the responding officer and public safety. The rapport with my co-workers was very good as everyone worked for the same goal and that was public and officer safety. The hardest part of the job was having to change shifts every 6 months. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to choose the my off-days.
Pros
working with the public and police
Cons
rotating shifts

4.6