Los Angeles Police Department Employee Review

View all Los Angeles Police Department reviews

Productive and a great learning experience with a great and fun staff.
Intern as a Crime Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reseda, CAAugust 11, 2013
I start my day at the LAPD with checking for any crime alerts that needs to be done of the detectives. Since I work as an intern, I am assigned to the CAD unit to gain knowledge and experience in the Crime Analyst position. I have learned to create maps, to analyze crime statistics, assisting the CAD unit with creating mission and daily briefing reports, and creating crime, information, and community alerts for the division. I have learned to manage my time and complete my assignments in a timely manner. Although, it is the hardest part of the job to meet deadlines, I have succeeded in accomplishing the assignments that are provided to me. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I learn something new every day, which challenges me to learn and accelerate in my knowledge, and help the CAD unit in accomplishing their goals. This would be a difficult task without the guidance of the officers at the CAD unit.
Pros
Friendly staff and very helpful when needed help.
Cons
I can only work part time because it is a volunteer internship. No pay.

Other Los Angeles Police Department Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2017
Great place to get volunteer experience. Very flexible with schedule. People there are great to interact with. A great place to learn a lot. Community involvement was great.
Los Angeles Police Department is number one in the Country
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 22, 2017
If you are interested in Law Enforcement and live in the Los Angeles area this is the Agency to choose. There is always room for advancement, paid training and school reimbursement.
Pros
Protecting and Serving the Public. Always something new daily.
Cons
Stressful, long hours.